PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Weekend Essentials

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 07:55 AM
Besides Mrs Scuba, a designated driver, & the boat, I think this is all I need for a good time in lake havasu this weekend. I cant wait :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/366memorial_essentials1-med.jpg
[ May 19, 2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Mr.Havasu
05-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Looks like a good start, I guess your friends will be bringing their own :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Well I might have some left for my friends. I dont think my wife and I can handle a case a day for 4 days straight. Unless kokomos allows us to take in a cooler at night. :D

TrojanDan
05-19-2003, 08:19 AM
With only one case of water, you better have a few Costco sized asprin bottles for your hangovers. Looks like you will be having fun. I'll be there Thurs night thru Monday. :cool:
[ May 19, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: TrojanDan ]

HCS
05-19-2003, 08:22 AM
180 Tecate's, that should get ya started. wink

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 08:30 AM
TrojanDan:
With only one case of water, you better have a few Costco sized aprin bottles for your hangovers. Looks like you will be having fun. I'll be there Thurs night thru Monday. :cool:
The trick is to be buzzed all the time and let the hang over hit when I am back at home. Hope too see you & el chingon out there. :D
But I did forget the gatorade.
[ May 19, 2003, 09:38 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

HOOTER SLED-
05-19-2003, 08:52 AM
AHHHH. The necessities. I'm glad to see you purchasing the Red Bull. Thanks for keeping my paycheck coming. :D :D ( I work for the distributor) I usually use about a 4:1 ratio for beer to Red Bull. And drink some water in between to help keep from dehydrating. This helps keep the hangover to a minimum. Did I mention Slammers?? Red Bull and Jaiger shots. I absolutely cannot stand Jaiger, but I can stomach these. They taste like Dr. Pepper and they sneak up on you like Kamikazes. Oh yeah, and chicks likes em too.

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 09:03 AM
The Jaiger is staying home this year. :( I hear you on the ratio's. I try to do the same. Too many redbulls can leave you hanging pretty bad the next day.
I would also prefer if the Red bulls were .99 not $1.99 :D

Boozer
05-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Sams club has cases of Red Bull for like 35 bux. 24 Rebulls 35 dollars works out to 1.46 a piece. Not .99 but still better then 1.99.

HBLavey
05-19-2003, 09:51 AM
Does Sams Club have cases of these :confused:
http://www.hologenix.com/z1.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 09:54 AM
HBLavey:
http://www.hologenix.com/z1.jpg [/b]
I am sure they do, they maybe essentails for others, but not for me. I like it raw. :D

HCS
05-19-2003, 09:56 AM
HBLavey:
http://www.hologenix.com/z1.jpg What are those for?

riverracerx
05-19-2003, 10:27 AM
water balloons!
See ya there.....

HOOTER SLED-
05-19-2003, 11:16 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
The Jaiger is staying home this year. :( I hear you on the ratio's. I try to do the same. Too many redbulls can leave you hanging pretty bad the next day.
I would also prefer if the Red bulls were .99 not $1.99 :D NOOOOOO. Red Bull helps the hangin, not make it worse. I get the hookup on price, can't complain. Costco and Sam's Club, the cheapest place to get them. About $30 - $32 a case. We sell to them. They make pennies. The shit is like drugs man. Everyone in the trade tryin to find it cheap. Steal it, trans-ship overseas etc. It's crazy what some of these businesses will do to save a few bucks. High profit margin compared to other beverage products. Drink up, I have a boat payment dammit. :D :D

Windy
05-19-2003, 12:13 PM
HOOTER SLED-:
NOOOOOO. Red Bull helps the hangin, not make it worse. The worst hang over I had last year was from drinking K&N {same thing as Red Bull}and Vodka....never again frown

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Well I guess everyone is different, Me & a few friends have had many red bull & vodka nights, the days after have been very pain full. But then again it could be the vodka.
I am glad to contribute to your boat payment fund. :D
[ May 19, 2003, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Windy
05-19-2003, 12:23 PM
RedBull does nothing for you when your hung over. Your body is dehydrated from all the alcohol you consumed, and your liver is worked. Your body needs to be replenished with water.
Drinking lots of water before you pass out is the only thing that will help you in the morning.
MissEMTjet
[ May 19, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 12:32 PM
MissHBjet:
The worst hang over I had last year was from drinking K&N {same thing as Red Bull}and Vodka....never again :( I hear ya. I still have 1 or 2 though, usaully at night, before we go clubbing. I need a little boost after a long day on the water. :D :D :D
[ May 19, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 12:38 PM
I dont think there is enough water in the world to cure a red bull & vodka hang over. If anyone else has experianced one they know what we are talking about. BUT THEY ARE SO GOOD!

Up 4 River
05-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Scuba,
I see that will be making the trip with the essentials. I know we said last month that I would have to try out the four funnel masterpiece when I met you, and Memorial seems as good as any to do that. :D I will be heading up Friday morning and coming home on Monday.
What does your boat look like? I will try and post a pic of mine, but am new at this.

RiverKitty
05-19-2003, 01:27 PM
Hey Mr. & Mrs. Scuba!
My girlfriend and I will be out there this weekend. Where will you guys be hangin' out? Maybe we could meet up. Would love to take a few pics of Mrs. Scuba and the beer bong!!! Hehehehe! :D
Cheers ~RiverKitty :D

HCS
05-19-2003, 01:45 PM
RiverKitty:
Hey Mr. & Mrs. Scuba!
My girlfriend and I will be out there this weekend. Where will you guys be hangin' out? Maybe we could meet up. Would love to take a few pics of Mrs. Scuba and the beer bong!!! Hehehehe! :D
Cheers ~RiverKitty :D Get the pics. But nobody drowned! eek! That beer bong looks serious! :D :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 02:13 PM
RiverKitty:
Hey Mr. & Mrs. Scuba!
Cheers ~RiverKitty :D So I dont get to come out in the pix? Whats up w/that? :D Well we usually dont make any serious plans until we get there, but I kind of see it looking like this, thursday the sandbar, Friday & the rest of the weekend, Copper, Steamboat & the Channel. We are staying at crazyhorse so we also just might be hanging at the beach over there. How can we find you???

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Up 4 River:
Scuba,
I see that will be making the trip with the essentials. I know we said last month that I would have to try out the four funnel masterpiece when I met you, and Memorial seems as good as any to do that. :D I will be heading up Friday morning and coming home on Monday.
What does your boat look like? I will try and post a pic of mine, but am new at this. here is our boat hope to see you out there. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-045s-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-028s-med.jpg

Up 4 River
05-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Scuba,
I e-mailed you my pic of my boat since I can't figure out how to post pic's. Nice boat, and will see you there. :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 05:26 PM
up 4 river here is your boat. Hope to see you out there. (is that the dreadful havasu marina?)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366210hallet.jpg

mbrown2
05-19-2003, 05:32 PM
MissHBjet:
HOOTER SLED-:
NOOOOOO. Red Bull helps the hangin, not make it worse. The worst hang over I had last year was from drinking K&N {same thing as Red Bull}and Vodka....never again :( Ditto, one of the worse H-Over's I have ever had was after drinking Bulls and Goose all night...and I can drink Goose, and it does not leave a H-Over, so it had to be the Bull's....But to just have 1 or 2 is not that bad...My wife won't let me ride the Bull anymore...

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
05-19-2003, 05:36 PM
here is our boat hope to see you out there. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-045s-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-028s-med.jpg
Hey SS, were you hanging out in the channel on Saturday?

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 05:36 PM
mbrown2:
Ditto, one of the worse H-Over's I have ever had was after drinking Bulls and Goose all night...and I can drink Goose, and it does not leave a H-Over, so it had to be the Bull's....But to just have 1 or 2 is not that bad...My wife won't let me ride the Bull anymore... I remember we had the red bull topic come up b4. they are just too good to stay away from. But if you do have them it cant be with vodka from the well, absolute or better :D
[ May 19, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Up 4 River
05-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Steve,
That is the dreaded Havasu Marina, but it was the early in March this year before they started being such jerks. See you this weekend and thanks for posting the pic. I have to learn how to do that soon.

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 05:46 PM
Mrs Sandbar Junkie:
Hey SS, were you hanging out in the channel on Saturday? no we stayed home this past weekend. I wish we were out there though. I am going to end up in L-27, over looking the lagoon this weekend. Once you guys settle in we'll go down and visit. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 05:51 PM
Up 4 River:
Steve,
That is the dreaded Havasu Marina, but it was the early in March this year before they started being such jerks. See you this weekend and thanks for posting the pic. I have to learn how to do that soon. No problem. posting pix is almost the same way as getting your avatar. you just have to register & download your pix in the image center.

Jrocket
05-19-2003, 05:55 PM
Gin and Gatorade....best drink ever. :D

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
05-19-2003, 05:58 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
Mrs Sandbar Junkie:
Hey SS, were you hanging out in the channel on Saturday? no we stayed home this past weekend. I wish we were out there though. I am going to end up in L-27, over looking the lagoon this weekend. Once you guys settle in we'll go down and visit. :cool: We'll be @ point 4 right by the boat slips. Make sure you & Mrs. Scuba come by for a drink. :)

riverliver
05-19-2003, 06:02 PM
Jrocket:
Gin and Gatorade....best drink ever. :D yuk smile_sp yuk smile_sp yuk smile_sp

Jrocket
05-19-2003, 08:11 PM
riverliver:
Jrocket:
Gin and Gatorade....best drink ever. :D yuk smile_sp yuk smile_sp yuk smile_sp Easy on the liver and you feel great the next day...Or you can use Vodka.

LaveyJet
05-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Don't forget the vitamins, Bloody Marys work for me. :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-19-2003, 09:11 PM
Spicy Tamatoe juice in the am... yuk yuk
Mrs scuba can handle it though, I think that sh%#
is nasty

Mandelon
05-19-2003, 09:14 PM
Scuba, I didn't see any beads in that pile of goodies...... wink

HOOTER SLED-
05-20-2003, 09:06 AM
MissHBjet:
RedBull does nothing for you when your hung over. Your body is dehydrated from all the alcohol you consumed, and your liver is worked. Your body needs to be replenished with water.
Drinking lots of water before you pass out is the only thing that will help you in the morning.
MissEMTjet Red Bull helps me in the morning(not to hydrate me though, I know that). It has Glucoronalactone(detoxifier) in it. Ever feel like you gotta go pee right after you drink one? It helps to get my draggin ass up and going again. I can't hang like I used to. Getting old. I agree with you on the water thing. That's why I always chug like a gallon and take a Tylenol before I pass out. Oh poor swollen brain. :D :D
HOOTER "former EMT" SLED

SCUBA STEVE
05-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Mandelon:
Scuba, I didn't see any beads in that pile of goodies...... wink You know what I did forget the beads, and just wrote it on my list of things not to forget last night.
Thanks for having my back though. :D
When is your next time out on the water? Did you finish your project yet?

Boozer
05-20-2003, 09:23 AM
>and take a Tylenol before I pass out.
That is one of the worst things you can do. Tylenol is REALLY bad for you when you have been drinking. I read a study not to long ago that said one of the biggest factors in people ruining their liver with alcohol are people who use over the counter drugs with alcohol. Tylenol was the most common used and most dangerous over the counter drug they studied. If your gonna pop a pill when your drinkin take asprin. True Asprin like Bayer. It's the lesser of all the evils when it comes to mixing with booze.

SCUBA STEVE
05-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Is anything good for us? Seems like all of lifes pleasures are bad for our health. Starting from chemicals, exhaust fumes, fast food, all the way through alcohol. Sh*t even the sun is bad for you. I wonder if the moon is bad for us too? :D

Freak
05-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Tylenol is very bad for you. I suggest another brand. My old lady got liver poisoning from it. She had yellow skin for a month. Also get the dry condoms - not lubricated - for your pleasure. LOL.
Man I need to move back out west. East coast sucks!

HOOTER SLED-
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Freak:
Tylenol is very bad for you. I suggest another brand. My old lady got liver poisoning from it. She had yellow skin for a month. Also get the dry condoms - not lubricated - for your pleasure. LOL.
Man I need to move back out west. East coast sucks! I AM GOING TO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!! :D :D