PDA

View Full Version : Illegal immigrants

Seadog
08-07-2003, 07:52 AM
I just read on Fox news that 16 hospitals and health care facilities are closing in LA County due to the $360 million lost because of illegal immigrants getting free health care. What really got me was that Davis was instrumental in shutting down programs that would slow this ripoff down to gain favor with the hispanic groups.

miller19j
08-07-2003, 08:00 AM
I am going to get flamed for this but what the hell.
The way I see it is that you should be turned away if you don’t have health care. I am sick of paying huge out of pocket fees when I or one of my family has to go to the hospital and I have really good insurance. The hospitals can’t afford to treat these people for free so they add the cost to the people that have insurance; you and I. It is a joke! My company pays huge amounts for my insurance and I pay a huge out of pocket fees while others get treated for free.
If the liberals want to save everybody they should start clinics with their own money to treat the people that can’t afford it. I am sick of paying for it myself. I don’t want to save the world; I work hard for my family and myself no one else!
[ August 07, 2003, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

NashvilleBound
08-07-2003, 08:00 AM
I will hold back a little with most of my thoughts but I have to say we could solve the national debt if we had, say, brown unit season...and sold BUS tags.

75_Elim
08-07-2003, 08:09 AM
miller19j:
The way I see it is that you should be turned away if you don’t have health care. I am sick of paying huge out of pocket fees when I or one of my family has to go to the hospital and I have really good insurance. The hospitals can’t afford to treat these people for free so they add the cost to the people that have insurance; you and I. It is a joke! My company pays huge amounts for my insurance and I pay a huge out of pocket fees while others get treated for free.
If the liberals want to save everybody they should start clinics with their own money to treat the people that can’t afford it. I am sick of paying for it myself. I don’t want to save the world; I work hard for my family and myself no one else! Brad, you have my vote...... Having been born and raised here in the San Fernando Valley I've watched it change from a beautiful place to live to something close to TJ north! :mad: The Illegal Brown Plague is running wild here and the politician are feeding on their ignorance of the "Political System" to get the votes they need to put them or keep them in office.

75_Elim
08-07-2003, 08:13 AM
NashvilleBound:
I will hold back a little with most of my thoughts but I have to say we could solve the national debt if we had, say, brown unit season...and sold BUS tags. We need to make the border areas military zones... Then when shots are fired it's for national security http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rough/awm2.gif
I'll take 3 B.U.S Passes Please :D :D

Nubbs
08-07-2003, 08:14 AM
I hate to sound like a prick, but what the heck. This free health care is bullsh$t. :mad: We shouldn't suffer because the government wastes our hard earned money.

Boozer
08-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Illegals are very much a plague on our society and our economy. Personally I feel that our economy in some ways does depends on the low cost services that they perform for us but I think that the use of them should be regulated. They should be treated as a commodity rather then people.
I think they should be trucked over and then back over there every day or if they have to work somewhere that's far from the border they should have to be brought over with permits for temporary stays. They come they do their job then the jobs done and they are sent back to Mexico. If they get sick and need medical care then they need to be sent home to recieve that care. If they are injured on the job they should be sent back to mexico to recieve medical care.
If they want to come over here and work for nickels and dimes then they need to go get medical care where it only costs nickels and dimes. Quit ****ing up our hospitals!

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-07-2003, 08:30 AM
miller19j:
If the liberals want to save everybody they should start clinics with their own money to treat the people that can’t afford it. I am sick of paying for it myself. I don’t want to save the world; I work hard for my family and myself no one else! yeah what he said......kinda funny you can be shot for crossing a barb wire fence at night (tresspassing) but we allow these people to come and drain our country of all it is worth. I say we get turret mounted machine guns every 200 yards along the border. shoot to kill. see how quick they quit coming.
Omega

Coach
08-07-2003, 08:48 AM
I will cost us a shit load of cash to keep deporting them and making boarder a military zone as well.
Remember Prop 79, I could be wrong on the number, a few years ago in CA. It would deny healthcare and education to illegals. The ****'n liberals ruled it unconstitutional (what ever that means anymore. How is something unconstitutional to someone who is not even a citizen of our county? We need to sue the shit out of the federal government with Texas and Florida for the millions spent every year on illegals. No cash no healthcare, no citizenship no education.

miller19j
08-07-2003, 09:09 AM
If you take away the benefits then they will no longer want to come. Take away the welfare, free healthcare, and all the other benefits and they will have no reason to sneak over the border. The only people that will come in would be the legal immigrants that want to make a better life for their families. You know the ones that work, pay taxes, learn the language, and become proud Americans. Our current problem is that we are rewarding illegals for entering the country illegally and making life harder on the ones that immigrate legally. What a screwed up system.

NOTALENT
08-07-2003, 11:02 AM
I agree with you all..But another thing that screws us up is the Doctors oath. Not being able to turn down a patient doesnt help them much either, otherwise alot probaly would take them in.

Ziggy
08-07-2003, 11:17 AM
75_Elim:
NashvilleBound:
We need to make the border areas military zones... Then when shots are fired it's for national security http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rough/awm2.gif
I'll take 3 B.U.S Passes Please :D :D We should have recycled the Berlin wall and the gunner towers for our southern border. I saw it when I was young and intact with machine guns, etc. That was a no B.S. situation. The nicely groomed mine field had no footsteps in it :D either. We crossed the border at Check Point Charley and it felt as though you had eyes on you at all times...Erie feeling!
We'd also stop the multiple deaths of the illegals because of the guys trying to outrun the Border Agents in overloaded vans. And keep OUR streets safer, countless inocent Americans have died from these collisions as well.

burbanite
08-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Don't know how many of you are immigrants...I am.
Funny thing is that I had no idea that there were all of those benefits available, you must have to be "in the know".
I guess I must have done it all wrong, you know, spending a fortune going through the proper immigration process, getting a SS number, sitting my driving test, proving my worth to the Dept. of Labor, paying my taxes, (already knew the language) and living with a certain amount of anxiety while all of this was in process when all my family and I had to do was turn up.
Boy am I the dummy or what....
In life there are always takers....remove the benefits and the flood will slow to a comparative trickle.

superdave013
08-07-2003, 11:36 AM
burbanite:
Funny thing is that I had no idea that there were all of those benefits available, you must have to be "in the know".
I guess I must have done it all wrong, you know, spending a fortune going through the proper immigration process, getting a SS number, sitting my driving test, proving my worth to the Dept. of Labor, paying my taxes, (already knew the language) and living with a certain amount of anxiety while all of this was in process when all my family and I had to do was turn up.
In life there are always takers....remove the benefits and the flood will slow to a comparative trickle. Immigrants like you is what made this country. Unless you are native american they you or someone before you immigrated here. I work with lots of the so called browns. A few of them just got their citizenship and are pretty damn proud of it.
It's a tough call because if I was one of those guys that's down and out in Mexico I'ed risk it and crawl under that fence too. So would most of you. But still I don't like paying for their health care and I don't like the fact that english is the second language in the schools in my area.
On a good note, the city I live in (Anaheim) is the only one in So Cal who's police dept calls the INS to come and get the illegal immigrants when they end up in the Anaheim jail. More cities should do that.

Seadog
08-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Proposition 187, a ballot measure passed by voters in 1994, denied public benefits to illegal aliens. The day after voters passed it, groups such as the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund sued and sought a permanent injunction against Proposition 187 becoming law. An injunction remains in effect, and though Davis said during his campaign that he would appeal, he steadfastly refused to do so once he was elected. There is now a pending measure that would make obtaining a California driver's license much easier for illegal immigrants. Prior to his election being recalled, Davis had said that if the measure made it to his desk, he would sign it.
I am in favor of legal immigration. The trouble is, not only is the illegal tide costing us money, it is also making it easier to sneak terrorists and their tools of trade into the country. The Border Patrol is overwhelmed as is and I really doubt that any scumbag that would jam a truck full of people and then let them die, would have any qualms about sneaking Al Queda fanatics in for the right price.
[ August 07, 2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Infomaniac
08-07-2003, 11:59 AM
The hospital can ask for a green card as easy as a health insurance card.
If they cannot produce one - the last step in the treatment process is a bus ride.

miller19j
08-07-2003, 12:02 PM
burbanite:
In life there are always takers....remove the benefits and the flood will slow to a comparative trickle. Let’s send all those Kiwi’s home too! They talk funny and eat a lot of lamb! :D wink

SCHWETTYBALLS
08-07-2003, 12:20 PM
KILL EM' ALL &
LET GOD SORT EM' OUT!!!WP

HOSS
08-07-2003, 12:26 PM
The immigration deal is a tough one. That`s why we HAVE to spend money on miltiary projects world wide. We have to establish democratic societies so that they can support their people economically. If not then illegal immigration hasn`t even started.

Dave C
08-07-2003, 01:29 PM
I have said this before. They should make it easier to become legal or “register” those that come her to work, so that they pay taxes, get insurance, etc. etc., and without registration they should get no work.
The problem is that illegals don’t have a stake in this country and they can get benefits for free. They should at least pay into the system otherwise kick them out.
There are far too many illegals that get paid “under the table” therefore they never pay into our system.
This entitlement nonsense has got to stop.

burbanite
08-07-2003, 02:54 PM
miller19j:
Let’s send all those Kiwi’s home too! They talk funny and eat a lot of lamb! :D wink Hey, I resemble that remark... :D :p

Freak
08-07-2003, 03:11 PM
I'm for the 30ft patrolled concrete wall....Tax me $500 one time. I would pay it. Becuase I know the 500 would save me thousands in the long run.

miller19j
08-07-2003, 03:16 PM
burbanite:
miller19j:
Let’s send all those Kiwi’s home too! They talk funny and eat a lot of lamb! :D wink Hey, I resemble that remark... :D :p I was wondering how long it would take you to notice that :D

TCHB
08-07-2003, 07:48 PM
We all contribute to the problem by ignorning employers who hire illigal people. We all want cheap labor but complain about it when this issue comes up. When is the last time you asked your house painter, gardner, mason, or fast food place to only hire legal people and that you would not come back. I dont think so just look at the car wash. If it was such a big problem our goverment would get serious with heavy fines for all us if we used these people. It is not the workers fault who want a better life.

jlnorthrup122
08-07-2003, 07:52 PM
You know the funniest thing is I just saw that the cops and the Imagration had 2 truckloads of mexicans pulled over up here in Iowa. also I remember hearing about a railcar with 11 dead ilegals in it (it was a grain car so they couldn't get out). realy a bum deal!

TRIMDOG
08-07-2003, 09:16 PM
In Calif. for instance, it really is true that if employers of all kinds refused to hire illegals at all, they would almost cease to exist. If every contractor, farmer, landscaper, painter, drywaller, plasterer, people needing a nanny or housecleaner,etc took a hard line they'd have to mooch off their legal family or friends and would get sent packing. Now you might say, "well then who in the f@@k is gonna do all of that work then ?" I may be wrong, but demand would be exactly what it is now, so the "legals", of all races would step up.
It's like coke. You can blame the smuggler, or blame the users. I think it's pretty easy to blame the users.

burbanite
08-08-2003, 05:50 AM
For riodog
riodog:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/356File0003-med.jpg

Seadog
08-08-2003, 06:57 AM
I asked my gardener, housekeeper, cook and painter for documentation and she said shut up if I wanted any.

Raskal
08-08-2003, 09:37 AM
i build houses and i get about 5 guys a week or more looking for work. The first thing, they come only speaking about three words of english. They show me these bullshit green cards or work permits and get pissed off when I won't hire them. Then they have the nerve of accusing me of not hiring them because they are mexican. What they don't know is that 80% of my guys are mexican (and not all speak english) but they have legit papers. My company will get fined up the ass if we get caught hiring an illegal. The INS does come in and check out our guys and their paper work about once a year so it just isn't worth hiring some guy with "swap meet" paper work he picked up for $40.

73beast
08-08-2003, 04:00 PM
how's this wink
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/356File0003-med.jpg

502procharger
08-08-2003, 10:26 PM
i did not even read the post but fluck them close the boarderes

Rexone
08-09-2003, 12:17 AM
502procharger:
i did not even read the post but fluck them close the boarderes yo i ajrees whut e salid

Kilrtoy
08-09-2003, 12:34 AM
I dont know about kill all browns, Dont forget we get tans at the river, Granted Im tan in the winter too. But we DO NEED A SHOOT TO KILL ON THE BORDER AND **** THEM, IT'S MY HEALTH CARE THAT I PAY ALOT FOR, **** THEM, LET THEM DIE, LIFE ****IN SUCKS TO BE THEM......
THEN AGAIN THEY DO KEEP THE COST OF OUR FOODS DOWN....