PDA

View Full Version : fresh out of the mold

Ziggy
08-13-2003, 04:52 PM
Well, here she is fresh out the the mold and ready to be fitted for upholstrey. Me and the Mrs. are getting anxious, hope to get it out in Sept. sometime :cool: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/343newboat3-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/343newboat2-med.jpg

missboatnam1
08-13-2003, 05:02 PM
all i see is red x's.......
well congrats ziggy!!

Boozer
08-13-2003, 05:07 PM
Congrats on the new boat.
That V hull is not very deep at all. Is it going to be a jet?

Kim Hanson
08-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Congrats Ziggy, I like to buy mine turn key...( . )( . )....... :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-13-2003, 05:24 PM
congrats Ziggy that is a nice boat. Enjoy it and be safe. :D

Ziggy
08-13-2003, 05:39 PM
Boozer:
That V hull is not very deep at all. Is it going to be a jet? Its deeper than it looks in the pics, not a Bayliner Capri style hull thats for sure :D I decided on I/O this time around, I'll miss some aspects of the jet. Hope I can remember how to drive the I/O LOL.
Kim, thanks, hopefully it'll be turnkey by the time I put it in the water. :D

jlnorthrup122
08-13-2003, 05:56 PM
Looks very nice Ziggy! have fun with your new boat!

LaveyJet
08-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Sweeeeeet! I hope it everything you're looking for. Enjoy

bordsmnj
08-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Looks real nice. is it a 21' or 23'? what size motor yuh going with? good luck with the waiting part-that's the hardest thing about getting a boat built :D keep the pics coming as things progress. who's building it? have a good one-jas

Outnumbered
08-14-2003, 01:22 AM
Looks like it will be a sweet ride when its done. Who makes it?
Oh, and how much was that trailer upgrade? :D
OL

Ziggy
08-14-2003, 11:05 AM
I stuck with the 6.2 motor for a few reasons, some economics, also because the 496 raises the deck and won't be comfortable for Mrs.Ziggy to be laying on it. And for an extra few MPH, it wasn't an issue to me.
We opted for the 23 footer over their 21' for less than $2k...made sense to us.
With all you boat buffs out here I can't believe you didn't realize its a Commander Boat. Just goes to show you how similar many boats are looking these days. We noticed the same thing as we drove from one shop to another shopping, they all started to look alike, have the same features or similar ones, etc. It all began to mesh together as we were reviewing our materials and notes at home.
:D LOL---ain't the trailer a beauty?, paid a extra 5k so I had one long enough for the next boat :D :p

SCUBA STEVE
08-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Looks good ziggy. LMAO about the trailor. Still lmao about it. :D

bordsmnj
08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
DDDDDDouble post! :rolleyes:
[ August 14, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

bordsmnj
08-14-2003, 03:18 PM
i went for the 6.2 in our 21' boat. it's a strong little motor. the 496 was 2k more 250lbs heavier and only 50 more horses. and the gas...the first long drive (from avi to sandbar and back i thought the gas guage wasn't working! 10 gallons and cruised at an avrg. of 50 mph the whole way.gotta love it. :D you really should go for an additional trialler up grade though yuk
( :D )

Ziggy
08-14-2003, 03:52 PM
bordsmnj:
i went for the 6.2 in our 21' boat. it's a strong little motor. the 496 was 2k more 250lbs heavier and only 50 more horses. and the gas...the first long drive (from avi to sandbar and back i thought the gas guage wasn't working! 10 gallons and cruised at an avrg. of 50 mph the whole way.gotta love it. :D you really should go for an additional trialler up grade though yuk
( :D ) That was part of my "economics" reasoning-fuel economy. 496=55HP more, 3-4 MPH more top speed and much more fuel consumption. Even the 350HO is plenty to pull skiers up with little effort but I figured a little extra torque would be good for that purpose without sacrificing fuel usage. It don't matter to me if I can go 62 or 66mph. My buddy has an Essex with the 350HO, we rode from Havasu up to Avi and back with 4 peeps and barely moved the gas gauge.
Yeah, I might have 'em paint the trailer...at least wink :rolleyes:

SCUBA STEVE
08-14-2003, 04:00 PM
Ziggy, I am still fricken laughing at the trailer. That is a classic picture. :D
I like the way the dash looks, kind of like a kachina. I am assuming you will be adding a windshield though.
[ August 14, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

BajaMike
08-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Ziggy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bordsmnj:
[qb]
Yeah, I might have 'em paint the trailer...at least wink :rolleyes: I really like the wheels on that trailer...how much extra were those? Seriously....I really like the paint scheme on the boat...really awesome and unique.
Mike
[ August 14, 2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: BajaMike ]

MASTERKENDOG
08-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Congrats Ziggy! Post the finished product so weez can see it!! I bet you can't wait fer that damn thing to be finished!! That's always exciting to get a new boat, heh?!!!! :D :D Good luck!!

THATJEFFGUY
08-15-2003, 12:55 AM
Hey Ziggy...be very careful ! Knowing Commander, that's probably the trailer you will actually end up with after they spray paint it with a couple cans of Krylon !! Good luck on the new boat..hope you have better luck with your Commander than the rest of us several hundred unhappy owners !

Just Tool'n
08-15-2003, 06:32 AM
Did anybody see it?
The matching rims on the trailer, go back & look.

NOCTURNAL
08-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Ziggy,
We have a 25' Millennium and the one thing that I wish they would have put on the boat were some external vents to the engine. Ours gets hot under there and that does not help the engine run efficiently (hot air induction).
Just a thought...

mbrown2
08-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Ziggy,
Nice looking boat; good luck with the build. :)

Ziggy
08-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Hell yeah, I want that trailer. Don't ya think the resale value is better with the mismatched rims? :D
JEFFGUY-I know there are people that aren't satisfied with their boats, but I've found that to be true with any make. My car biz is no different, you can't make everyone happy all of the time. But thanks for the advise. My last Commander has been a great boat and I hate to even sell it but I need the money to balance my scales.
NOCTURNAL-Good point, it has rear vent but I honestly don't know if one is for intake and the other for the blower. My current Commander has a scoop type air intake but its still warm under there.
SCUBA-It still gets alot of trimming done to it, windsheilds included. The pic is barely a day after the molds were popped, only thing that is in it were the two fuel tanks. Glasswork internally looks fantastic, no visable air pockets or bubbles, etc.
Thanks everyone for the words, its exciting for me and Mrs., she hardly want to take the old one out now cuz she just wants to ride in the new one...soon enough we'll get it out and "christen" it properly :D :D