PDA

View Full Version : Effing lowlife thieves!!

rrrr
02-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Walked out the backyard gate this morning and found my six week old Excursion sitting on blocks with a window busted out. Tires and wheels that cost $3K are history.
The back seat is trashed, cut up by the assholes walking on the glass while looking for the wheel lock key.
Sure would be nice to catch someone. We have a nice law in Texas, if you find someone stealing your property after dark, use of deadly force is legal. :mad: :mad:
http://home.fuse.net/woodster/sittinlowT.jpg
[ February 19, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

superdave013
02-19-2003, 09:06 AM
So that's how they do it in Texas hu. Out here in So Cal the ****ers just took my entier truck!
One good thing about my old 4x4 one ton crew cab. It only got about 6 miles to the gallon. haha, the ****ers ran out of gas before they could get it to their chop shop. I got lucky.
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Jordy
02-19-2003, 09:10 AM
That sucks. Maybe it's time for some pet rattlesnakes. devil

Rod-64
02-19-2003, 10:41 AM
Someone stole my Lurch avatar!!!!
NOTHING's SACRED!!!! burningm burningm

JetBoatRich
02-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Assholes steal and tear things up, I would rather the whole never be found and get it replaced sometimes.

1Bahnerjet
02-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Worst story I heard right here in forums a month or two back someone had their southwind tunnel stolen and the jerks chopped it to get the motor and drive, a SOUTHWIND TUNNEL! :mad: :mad: :mad
----------------------------
Drive what you own and like what you Drive

RPrincez
02-19-2003, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about the truck. Maybe if people would get off the system and get a job they could appreciate what others have.

ACCEPTENCE
02-19-2003, 05:01 PM
That sucks any way you flip it!!!!!
The good side, you get new rims of your choice, maybe something new and different.
Ya gotta love insurance...

Charley
02-19-2003, 05:44 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

snappertapper
02-19-2003, 06:51 PM
I know what ya mean, on the island i live on , its normal for about 5 boats a night to get stolen, all with yamaha outboards

77charger
02-19-2003, 07:06 PM
wow that sucks it does shock me that they only broke the windows abd just stole the wheels here in ca they will take the whole truck even if they just want the spare tire.

jeffro
02-19-2003, 07:24 PM
that REALLY sucks the big one... :mad:
things can only get better, now. smile_sp
laters
:cool:

mbrown2
02-19-2003, 07:29 PM
Fortunately...you still have the truck and only have to get wheels, windows and back seat fixed...I know it sucks...but it could have been worse, they could have taken it, and stripped it, and then it would be totalled and you would have to deal with Insurance Company's for a long time to hopefully get a payoff that would get you a new car.

Just Tool'n
02-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Sorry to see that happen, After only 6 weeks.
I know from experiance that it is a sh*tty felling walking outside & see that, to something you work your butt off for! If I could only afford the 50X100 shop behind the house I really want, then things would be great!

Cantrip
02-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear this man, that sucks big time. And I hate to break it to you, but, whoever did it knew where the wheel lock was and is probably one of your good friends. I don't know what the statistics are, but I want to say 75%+ of thefts are commited by friends or a friend of a friend. I had two mustangs broken into by an ex girlfriend's boyfriend who I was friends with. She ended up telling me a few years after the fact and I payed him back for ****ing with me..... he had a little tricked out honda crx, me and 8 of my friends flipped it over on its roof in the driveway for him one night... paybacks a bitch.

HBjet
02-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear that man.....I hope everything works out for you.
HBjet

Blown 472
02-20-2003, 08:54 AM
Any chance they are shooting a rap video in your area??? :D :D

Mandelon
02-20-2003, 09:03 AM
The blocks look nice....... :(
Its gotta be some amateurs, otherwise the whole truck would be gone.
Pay attention to E-bay and if you have a Trader or Recycler magazine out there, keep an eye out for them.
I bought one of the diamond tipped engravers and put my name all over stuff. Tools, parts, even the kids bikes and scooters. It would at least help to identify my stuff if I found it on someone elses truck.
Good Luck, I hope you catch the little f*ckers!

HavasuDreamin'
02-20-2003, 09:31 AM
:mad: burningm :mad: burningm :mad: burningm

THOR
02-20-2003, 09:54 AM
That sucks ass. Sorry.

Shmoolie
02-20-2003, 10:50 AM
That's messed up. :mad:
I can relate. Some one f'ed up my F-150 4X4
trying to steal it 2 weeks after I bought it.
It's kind of ironic... I'm at work earning the money I use to buy the shit that I want, and at the same time some low life is out in the parking lot trying to steal the shit that I'm working for.
I like that Texas law, if you shoot them here in CA you end up in prison and their tweeker relatives sue you.

Jordy
02-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Cantrip:
And I hate to break it to you, but, whoever did it knew where the wheel lock was and is probably one of your good friends. In some cases I would agree with you, but on the whole, how hard is it to figure out where the wheel locks are? I mean come on, who carries the key with them? That leaves the glove box, the center console or the door pockets as the obvious choices. Other than that, there are ways around the locks, granted they make some noise.
I don't run locks on my wheels. Never have. I just figure if someone wants them they'll take them. If they can't get them off, they'll either take the truck or just vandalize the shit out of it to show thier frustration. Just my $.02. :D

rrrr
02-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Mandelon:
The blocks look nice.......
They ARE nice. New and unused. Hey, I could make a bookshelf. :D
My sense of humor is slowly returning. Only a $200 deductible, it coulda been worse. Thanks for the props, gang. Nothing compared to Charley's loss :)
[ February 20, 2003, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

jet4fun
02-20-2003, 11:27 AM
i,m guessing you and your neighbors are heavy sleepers :confused: i would consider an alarm after this... if someone was able to bust out a window, and move around the truck looking for a wheel lock that they dont even know if its there, and remove all 4 wheels... i figure that they had to be out there for at least an hour, not to mention have a truck parked out front to load the wheels, and carry the jack and cinder blocks...
thats a lot of time and noise. not a single witness? nobody had a dog that barks? those are some ballsy mo-fo's eek!
i would definetly add an alarm with a backup-siren just in case they disconnect the battery, and i would propably be storing the wheel lock in the house from now on

HavasuDreamin'
02-20-2003, 01:14 PM
jet4fun
i would propably be storing the wheel lock in the house from now onSo what happens when you leave for a trip, forget the wheel lock which is at the house, and blow a tire? :(
Then you sitting on the side of the road looking like this......... :mad: :mad: :mad:

wannajetboat
02-20-2003, 05:49 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune brother, I had a Chevy truck stolen a few years back, I actually watched the jerk off back it out of my driveway, I tried to catch him, I would guess the big white guy running down the street in his boxers didn't scare him, he just punched it and left me sobbing like a baby in the middle of the street.

Mandelon
02-20-2003, 08:28 PM
I'd like to take the new cinder block and crush their ****ing skulls in !!! burningm :mad: burningm

Dusty Times
02-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Sorry to here about that. Looked like a nice ride.
Some how I'm always amazed at the balls these punks have. Someone stoll the neighborhood-watch sign from my front yard (alot of good that did) over the weekend.
When the new rims are mounted hang out with the shotgun for a few nights. Nothing like a little buckshot in the a**. burningm

beyondhelpin
02-20-2003, 09:21 PM
You would be suprised how quite they can be. Shoot out the window with a BB gun. Makes almost no noise. That is why I park my shit in the garage. That also saves me from all the time jumping up anytime I hear a noise out side.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Makes you want to pop a cap in someones ass! And I dont mean with a BB gun either.

bchbum
02-20-2003, 10:31 PM
I would watchout now they know you will be getting new rims & tires . They may come back for a second helping.

Boatcop
02-21-2003, 05:45 AM
Maybe someone just wanted the truck to blend in with the rest of the neighborhood. Doesn't everyone in Texas have cars on cinder blocks in the front yard?
:D
Just kidding!!
Inscribe your Driver's license or Vehicle ID number on the inside of the new rims. It will make them easier to identify and recover if it happens again.

Mandelon
02-21-2003, 05:48 AM
See!

JetBoatRich
02-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Just have to find them Alan, back what someone else said, I can't beieve no woke up from the noise.

Seadog
02-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Believe me, if you had ever been around Dallas much, you would learn how much background noise there can be. It is no wonder the number of gated communities around there. It is just a pity how low some people can be.

jet4fun
02-21-2003, 10:05 AM
jet4fun:
i would definetly add an alarm with a backup-siren just in case they disconnect the battery this is a must have, it saved my car twice, there is no way to shut the alarm off even if you cut the wire that goes right to the siren... one time my alarm went off. when i came out front i found the hood open, and my cables laying next to the battery and the alarm blaring... they hadn't even tried to break in to the car yet because they knew it had an alarm, they wanted to undo the battery to disable the alarm and then have a field day... i'd love to see their faces when the alarm went off with no battery hooked up yuk

Brendella
02-21-2003, 10:33 AM
A GOOD IDEA WOULD BE TO POST A PICT OF THE RIMS THAT WHERE TAKING ,THERE FOR SOMEONE MIGHT NOTICE THEM ON EBAY OR IN THE AREA. HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL HAVE AFTERMARKET RIMS ON AN EXCURSION OR SIMILAR SET UP. WELL MAYBE ALOT BUT IT MIGHT HELP
SORRY FOR YOUR LOST. BEEN THERE!