PDA

View Full Version : Great Northern River Roar cancelled?

Tom Brown
06-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know what's going on with the River Roar in Saskatoon?
It shows that it's been cancelled for 2003. I can't get into the F1 web site right now, either. Is it gone forever?

Rexone
06-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Tom Brown:
Does anyone know what's going on with the River Roar in Saskatoon? I know nothing of the river run but what the hell is a Saskatoon? Is that something that's on TV on Saturday mornings in Canada? :confused:

Tom Brown
06-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Saskatoon is a city in this province of Saskatchewan. It is also the name of a bush as well as the berries those bush produce. Saskatoon pie is proof of a supernatural influence on life here on earth.
F1 boats have been coming here every year for a while but the Saskatoon tourism web site shows that it's been canceled for 2003. :(
You know... we ask for so little... and get it... but the River Roar was a fantastic event up here in the wilderness.

Rexone
06-12-2003, 09:08 PM
I searched around a bit and can't even find a F1 schedule outside of the US or Europe. frown

Tom Brown
06-12-2003, 09:12 PM
Here's the tourism Saskatoon web site.
Tourism Saskatoon web site (http://www.tourismsaskatoon.com/greatnrri/)
I wish they would bring the unlimiteds back to Kelowna. I can only take so much figure skating, hockey, downhill skiing, snowboarding, and curling. :D

Rexone
06-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Tom Brown:
Kelowna. sounds like a Hawaiian name for alot of illegal drugs. :D

NorCal Gameshow
06-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Tom Brown:
Does anyone know what's going on with the River Roar in Saskatoon?
It shows that it's been cancelled for 2003. I can't get into the F1 web site right now, either. Is it gone forever? ask him he might know :D http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:j7qPQDcP0DwC:www.tikkabik.com/dodge/sasquatch.jpg

Chase
06-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Yes, the river roar has been cancelled due to sponsorship issues. It is a shame since it was a great show. And for all of you wondering about this event, it has been televised on TSN/ESPN every year, so we are well known...well to most..
Anyway, the city of Saskatoon is incredibly beautiful with tempuratures today of 29 deg celcius, and loads of ladies

Chase
06-13-2003, 01:56 PM
Why does Canada get knocked so hard by our American friends??

Tom Brown
06-13-2003, 01:57 PM
Chase:
Anyway, the city of Saskatoon is incredibly beautiful with tempuratures today of 29 deg celcius, and loads of ladies Hey, send some of those chicks down to Regina. We're in need.

Chase
06-13-2003, 02:04 PM
They are too smart, they won't go there

gnarley
06-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Chase:
Why does Canada get knocked so hard by our American friends?? GOT BEER :D

Tom Brown
06-13-2003, 02:36 PM
Chase:
Why does Canada get knocked so hard by our American friends?? Why do some Canadians knock the US so much? Somewhere in the answer to these questions lies the meaning of life.

Rexone
06-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Chase:
Why does Canada get knocked so hard by our American friends?? Hey Chase no offence intended. I just like aggravating Tom now and then. He seldom bites though. :( Kind of like a slow day fishing trying to get him wound up.
Also, we've badmouthed all our US cities so bad already there's little fresh material left here. :D

Tom Brown
06-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Rexone:
He seldom bites though. :(I've been extremely even tempered since I lost my balls in a lawn bowling accident.
I don't see any problem with some good natured rivalry and kidding around. I don't even see a problem with people hating Canada. You don't have to share my views for me to respect you.
Life is short. Laughter lengthens it a little. :)
-- Tom :)

Rexone
06-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Tom Brown:
Rexone:
He seldom bites though. :( I've been extremely even tempered since I lost my balls in a lawn bowling accident.
Life is short. Laughter lengthens it a little. :)
-- Tom :) My life just got lengthened slightly. :D

Miss BK
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
The Formula One PROP circuit is taking a year hiatus.
The F1 boats are now running The Champ Boat Circuit: http://www.champboatracing.com
The Formula Lights (aka SST 45) tunnel boats are talking about the race at Saskatoon and why it was cancelled on this message board:
http://pub7.ezboard.com/fsst45racingfrm2

hoolign
06-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Tom Brown had an affair with a goat jawdrop

Chase
06-17-2003, 06:54 AM
GOAT????
:D :D :D yuk yuk

Chase
06-17-2003, 06:55 AM
OK Hoolign, your signature is so cool....pull!!