PDA

View Full Version : Ultra 21' Deck

novaguy
07-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone has an Ultra 21' Deck. I love the looks of this boat and would like to get feedback on them (Price). I would also love to see some pics if you got them.

Rubths
07-21-2003, 06:46 AM
You might want to hit up Grape ape he just took delivery on a new one.

TOBTEK
07-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Id also like to hear the good and bad. I dig these things! A guy across from me at Hiddenshores has a older one, which I think this the eliminator version at that time with a big outboard (2.5 or 3.0? havent looked very close) the thing is very cool. IS any one doing a big car motor and outdrive, or just jets? Ya gotta love ultra's gell coat guys, they without a doubt have the best looking paint work!

novaguy
07-21-2003, 09:23 AM
Yeah, they look badass...the one on the Ultra website with the grey flames is sweet. I know Placecraft has a similar one, but I like the looks of the Ultra.

Goodtime$
07-21-2003, 10:19 AM
The placecraft is a 22, the ultra is the Tom Papp 21 foot deck, my neighbor has a Papp 21 with a blown 502 jet, it is a great boat, nothing but raves for the seating, comfort and ride of a tunnel.
price wise im not sure, 40s, i know that the placecraft is a heavy boat for a jet and i havent seen the ultra without a jet.

Phat_Kat
07-21-2003, 10:21 AM
hey guys look in the "more pictures of this boat" on ultras site. There's a tunnel in there that's got ultra all over it. It's the orange one. Did ultra make a 21 cat? Please tell me because I'm really curious.

novaguy
07-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Phat_Kat:
hey guys look in the "more pictures of this boat" on ultras site. There's a tunnel in there that's got ultra all over it. It's the orange one. Did ultra make a 21 cat? Please tell me because I'm really curious. Then start your own thread!!! J/K...I saw that boat an was wondering why it was on the 21' Deck site. Nice boat, anyway.

cheezpanel
07-21-2003, 11:28 AM
The Ultra deck is a great looking boat. My wife had her heart set on a deckboat, and that's the one we had decided to purchase this winter, plus John is great to deal with. I found a Mach 22 for a good price, and talked her in to that instead. Mid 40s for that boat with a jet....definitely worth taking a look at if you're in the market.

GrapeApe
07-21-2003, 04:59 PM
Regarding that Orange Cat.. That was a one time Fabrication I was told. It is the same Bottom mold of the 21' Deck, and they fabricated the top to be a closed Tunnel. I picked up my 21' Deck July 3rd. It is a nice riding boat. I went with the 6.0 Liter Vortec Motor, same as in the Cadillac Escalade.

novaguy
07-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Congrats GrapeApe on the purchase of your boat. I would love to see the boat if you have a picture of it. I am not looking for a boat right now, just dreaming of my next boat and I think I found it. I am currently dreaming of the day D&S Interiors in El Cajon will be done with my boat that has been in there shop forever :mad: :mad: :mad: .

woodster
07-21-2003, 07:23 PM
GrapeApe:
Regarding that Orange Cat.. That was a one time Fabrication I was told. It is the same Bottom mold of the 21' Deck, and they fabricated the top to be a closed Tunnel. I picked up my 21' Deck July 3rd. It is a nice riding boat. I went with the 6.0 Liter Vortec Motor, same as in the Cadillac Escalade. That orange 21 was built for my next door neighbor.. It turned out really nice and to bad Ultra isnt going to make any more of them. Hes having some motor issues but other than that the boat is sweet.

565edge
07-21-2003, 07:54 PM
Isnt that orange boat a 21' phantom?

woodster
07-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Yep, Its a Tom Papp mold but ultra layed it up and rigged it.There 21 deck boat is the same mold as well. Those deck boats are the shit. Wonder how much they would give me for my 22 stealth on a trade?? idea Hello??? John u out there??? :D

Lightning
07-21-2003, 09:59 PM
I think those deck boats look pretty awesome, but they don't have a ton of room in them for a deck boat in my opinion. For a 21' deck, I don't think there is a nicer one out there though. Just my $.02

Kwicherbichen
07-22-2003, 04:44 AM
If you want one of the 21' deck boats that Ultra is making call John at Inland Ultra 909-734-6000.
He has one in the showroom right now for sale. Around $42,000 I think.
Also, there have been at least 2 of those deckboats rigged with an outboard and both hang out at Lake Martinez. One is white/yellow/blue and was rigged up by DCB. The other is white/red/black checkers with a 2.5 or 3.0 wacka. That one was built by Tom Papp. The boat also comes in an outdrive version. Tom recently built one with a 460 BBC that did @80 mph.
The 21' Phantom, as far as I know, is still available at Ultra.
Nova guy, I have a ton of pics of the deckboat. Go to the media center and search "kwicherbichen" also try at Hot Boat Pics (http://www.hotboatpics.com) . I have some there too.

GrapeApe
07-22-2003, 09:05 AM
I will have some pics soon. There are a few in the Image section under GrapeApe1.

LaveyJet
07-22-2003, 09:33 AM
GrapeApe:
I picked up my 21' Deck July 3rd. It is a nice riding boat. I went with the 6.0 Liter Vortec Motor, same as in the Cadillac Escalade. I looked at the 21' Deck last week in Norco. Like it a lot, could be my next boat. How do you like the vortec motor? (Out of the hole, top speed etc.) One thing I was wondering about, is how it sits in the water. It looks low profile at the bow. If you are just sitting and floating, it looks like a fair size wave might get you wet.

GrapeApe
07-22-2003, 10:12 AM
I looked at the 21' Deck last week in Norco. Like it a lot, could be my next boat. How do you like the vortec motor? (Out of the hole, top speed etc.) One thing I was wondering about, is how it sits in the water. It looks low profile at the bow. If you are just sitting and floating, it looks like a fair size wave might get you wet.
We only had water come over the bow once, and it was because I wasnt paying close enough attention when I was idling in to the sand bar. I was turned the wrong way and got caught with a wake that I could have body surfed. After one day, I figured out how the boat needs to be positioned when anchored at the Sand bar to avoid any water from coming in the boat. As far as power outta the hole, its great. It planes out quick. The top speed so far isnt what I thought it would be, but I did notice after the last trip, I did get 150-200 more RPM than the last trip. I think we hit close to 50 MPH up river, with 6 people, cooler, and half tank of gas. I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph..

LaveyJet
07-22-2003, 10:41 AM
GrapeApe:
I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph.. Is that what you're hoping for? Did you get a setback jet? How does it handle the chop on the lake. (I’m full of questions today :) )

Boozer
07-22-2003, 11:50 AM
GrapeApe:
I looked at the 21' Deck last week in Norco. Like it a lot, could be my next boat. How do you like the vortec motor? (Out of the hole, top speed etc.) One thing I was wondering about, is how it sits in the water. It looks low profile at the bow. If you are just sitting and floating, it looks like a fair size wave might get you wet.
We only had water come over the bow once, and it was because I wasnt paying close enough attention when I was idling in to the sand bar. I was turned the wrong way and got caught with a wake that I could have body surfed. After one day, I figured out how the boat needs to be positioned when anchored at the Sand bar to avoid any water from coming in the boat. As far as power outta the hole, its great. It planes out quick. The top speed so far isnt what I thought it would be, but I did notice after the last trip, I did get 150-200 more RPM than the last trip. I think we hit close to 50 MPH up river, with 6 people, cooler, and half tank of gas. I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph.. How much HP are you pushing to get those speeds? 57 MPH just seems slow. How much HP do you think it would take to run about 70-75 with that boat?

GrapeApe
07-22-2003, 01:51 PM
How much HP are you pushing to get those speeds? 57 MPH just seems slow. How much HP do you think it would take to run about 70-75 with that boat?The Motor puts out 365 HP. I think it would need around 500 HP to get those speeds. John at Ultra said that this motor may have a bolt on Factory Super Charger that would put it at those speeds and HP soon. Currently it would void the Warranty if it was put on, or so I have been told

sandblasted
07-22-2003, 04:12 PM
This months ***boat mag has an article on an Ultra 27 Shadow...The last paragraph states Ultra may be building both a 22 and 25 foot deckboat with the shadow bottom...May be worth waiting for...

woodster
07-22-2003, 05:02 PM
Kwicherbichen:
If you want one of the 21' deck boats that Ultra is making call John at Inland Ultra 909-734-6000.
He has one in the showroom right now for sale. Around $42,000 I think.
Also, there have been at least 2 of those deckboats rigged with an outboard and both hang out at Lake Martinez. One is white/yellow/blue and was rigged up by DCB. The other is white/red/black checkers with a 2.5 or 3.0 wacka. That one was built by Tom Papp. The boat also comes in an outdrive version. Tom recently built one with a 460 BBC that did @80 mph.
The 21' Phantom, as far as I know, is still available at Ultra.
Nova guy, I have a ton of pics of the deckboat. Go to the media center and search "kwicherbichen" also try at Hot Boat Pics (http://www.hotboatpics.com) . I have some there too. From what i was told,my nieghbors21 phantom was a one and only built from ultra...Johns not going to build any more.

Johnwithjm
07-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Boozer:
GrapeApe:
We only had water come over the bow once, and it was because I wasnt paying close enough attention when I was idling in to the sand bar. I was turned the wrong way and got caught with a wake that I could have body surfed. After one day, I figured out how the boat needs to be positioned when anchored at the Sand bar to avoid any water from coming in the boat. As far as power outta the hole, its great. It planes out quick. The top speed so far isnt what I thought it would be, but I did notice after the last trip, I did get 150-200 more RPM than the last trip. I think we hit close to 50 MPH up river, with 6 people, cooler, and half tank of gas. I think once broken in in Ideal conditions (2 people, down river, tanks half full, we will be getting 57 mph.. How much HP are you pushing to get those speeds? 57 MPH just seems slow. How much HP do you think it would take to run about 70-75 with that boat? The Ultra deckboat runs low to mid 70s with a stock 502.

novaguy
07-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Low to mid 70's with a jet and stock 502? Wow jawdrop I really love the boat. I'll have to wait a few years though. Who knows, the length of time it's taking D&S to do my interior, I may buy that before my boat is complete :D :D .

Goodtime$
07-22-2003, 11:39 PM
what is the cost of a 21 deck with a stock 502? basic gel coat, no stereo but all the other goodies? getting more interested by the moments

Johnwithjm
07-23-2003, 09:22 AM
The Ultra deckboat will run 65 with a 450hp 502. The boat will run 70+ with a 502 502hp motor. The boat with a 502 502hp motor headers setback jet and a divertor runs around $54900. Sorry for the confusion

Goodtime$
07-23-2003, 05:27 PM
thanks for the info, i still have to decide between two boats, the tom papp design and ultra quality is a great boat.

78Southwind
07-29-2004, 12:35 AM
:cool: