PDA

View Full Version : Sandbar Hospitality

sandblasted
08-27-2002, 08:43 PM
If you sit at the sandbar for a few hours near the speed alley side you'll see boats that pull up and eventually get stuck..They let the wakes from the boats ripping by push them up on the sandbar. My buddies and I helped get 3 of these very large, very expensive speed yachts unstuck on saturday..you know, when the driver gets that helpless look on his face and his 2 buddies and their girlfriends are trying to lift a 5000lb boat off the sand...I don't mind helping but out of the 3 boats we helped we didn't get offered 1 single beer...hell, we barely got a 'thank you' from 1 boat..
So if you are not smart enough to keep your $100,000 boat off the sandbar and get stuck..you can rest assured some group will help you get unstuck, do them a favor, show some hospitality...say thanks and throw them a few beers..

DickDanger
08-27-2002, 09:04 PM
Or, if you are out of beer, at LEAST have your girlfriend(s) take their tops off!!!! Sheesh, whats a Dick gotta do ta get a bit of gratitude around here??? -DD Out
[ August 27, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

24RODjr
08-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Gotta agree with Dick...except for one thing.
Tits first...then beer!

Jordy
08-28-2002, 12:29 AM
Hey DD, I still think that avatar is the best ever. Perhaps I am just a little partial.
Jordy :D

JetBoatRich
08-28-2002, 05:55 AM
Last time we were there the end of the day water level starting going down and a lot of people needed help moving off the SANDBAR. The patio boats were the toughest, one guy had the BBQ ging and gave people food. Nobody else gave tits or beer?
We kept on eye on the water and moved the boat out as it went down. I hate to rely on others that I don't know to grab and move my boat. :rolleyes:

HTM Lady
08-28-2002, 06:44 AM
Hey DD,
are you going to Havasu this weekend? Im leaving thursday night. This type of thinking is why I never run out of Beer.HAHA. How have you been?
[ August 28, 2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: HTM Lady ]

THOR
08-28-2002, 07:25 AM
Just consider it goog Karma. I feeled compelled to pull over and help a fellow boater when in need. If I dont stop it means either you are already getting some assistance or I did not see you.

24RODjr
08-28-2002, 09:58 AM
THOR:
Just consider it goog Karma.What's "goog" Karma? Is that being nice after a few beers?
Either way, I agree. Help and be helped when you need it, or don't and be an a$$. But don't get pissed when people don't lend a hand....
On a side note, I have a question:
You get to the sand bar nice and early, stake out a spot, pop your easy-up, and unload your stuff. The sandbar get's nice and crowded, and I decide I need more beer, so I make a beer run, leaving a good portion of my crew on the SB. I come back, and someone has snaked my parking spot. Do I yell at him and get in a fight? *YOU MAKE THE CALL!!*

kevnmcd
08-28-2002, 10:03 AM
Exactly, Sandblasted. I agree. Beer or Tits...either one will do. :D

Hustler
08-28-2002, 10:57 AM
You get to the sand bar nice and early, stake out a spot, pop your easy-up, and unload your stuff. The sandbar get's nice and crowded, and I decide I need more beer, so I make a beer run, leaving a good portion of my crew on the SB. I come back, and someone has snaked my parking spot. Do I yell at him and get in a fight? *YOU MAKE THE CALL!!*First rule of boating..........................
NEVER RUN OUT OF BEER :D

syke-o
08-28-2002, 10:58 AM
You ask them to kindly move as they have taken your spot, due to your recent departure to get some icy beverages. If they refuse to move, you then proceed to kick some butt.

DickDanger
08-28-2002, 11:37 AM
JP, you post *****!!!! Thanks for the avatar hook-up...and its totally true: you cant kill a Dick born to hang!!!
Miss HTM, what you been doing??? I think that I will be hot and heavy with some BoilerMakers, and a crossword puzzle this weekend...hahaha. No HavaZoo for me, although I am SERIOUSLY considering hooking up with Disco & Co. at Needles for the big campout on the 14th. I hate taking the "Disco Ball" out on the big weekends. Too much of a headache saying "hey, watch the beer on the paint!!!" or "what are you ladies doing on the bow of my boat? That is illegal in most countries!!!!" Hope to see ya all soon....-Dick "Cos I'm a Wanted Man" Danger Out

DAB
08-28-2002, 11:55 AM
I agree 100%, my brother and I went out in July and headed up to the Sandbar. His first time there and of course we were walking all over. As the water level dropped, all 5500lbs were stuck. About 8 guys came over and helped us get it off, needless to say we threw out 1 1/2 cases of beer to show the appreciation.. Thanks to whoever they were.. :D :D
[ August 28, 2002, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: DAB ]

sandblasted
08-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Like I said, I don't mind helping..some people are there for the 1st time and don't realize they will get stuck that easy..I did my 1st time but it's a 21ft jet and we didn't need any help pushing it off..
guess I'm just the kind of guy that would throw a few beers out to whoever helped me...
Guess i could always show my tits too!! eek!

25Elmn8r
08-28-2002, 01:43 PM
I agree, help out whenever you can. If it's you that needs the help, at the VERY LEAST say thanks. Ok enough about hospitality. How about courtesy/common sense, don't pull your boat up next to mine(way too close) :mad: , using a little cheesy anchor and walk away :mad: . If you want to anchor close than make sure it is tied up good and I don't have to stand guard so it doesn't hit my boat. I know it's not you guys here, but is it only me or does it happen to you everytime you're there?

1ASKYDV
08-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Another hospitality note:
If you hit someones wife in the head with a nerf football, the least you can do is say sorry, or make sure she is OK!!
Shit happens, but when nothing is said thats just plain rude and someones looking to get beat!
venting is over now!!!

25Elmn8r
08-28-2002, 02:52 PM
1ASKYDV:
Another hospitality note:
If you hit someones wife in the head with a nerf football, the least you can do is say sorry, or make sure she is OK!!
Shit happens, but when nothing is said thats just plain rude and someones looking to get beat!
venting is over now!!!OUCH eek! I can't believe they didn't say anything. Well I can believe it. I just don't understand how people can be so rude to others.

1ASKYDV
08-28-2002, 02:59 PM
Ya
It made for a bad ending to an otherwise perfectly good day.
Oh well!!!!

JetBoatRich
08-28-2002, 03:45 PM
sandblasted:
Like I said, I don't mind helping..some people are there for the 1st time and don't realize they will get stuck that easy..I did my 1st time but it's a 21ft jet and we didn't need any help pushing it off..
guess I'm just the kind of guy that would throw a few beers out to whoever helped me...
Guess i could always show my tits too!! eek! Greg don't your tits go right into your belly?
Just beating you up a little.

24ROD
08-28-2002, 04:00 PM
24RODjr:
THOR:
Just consider it goog Karma.What's "goog" Karma? Is that being nice after a few beers?
Either way, I agree. Help and be helped when you need it, or don't and be an a$$. But don't get pissed when people don't lend a hand....
On a side note, I have a question:
You get to the sand bar nice and early, stake out a spot, pop your easy-up, and unload your stuff. The sandbar get's nice and crowded, and I decide I need more beer, so I make a beer run, leaving a good portion of my crew on the SB. I come back, and someone has snaked my parking spot. Do I yell at him and get in a fight? *YOU MAKE THE CALL!!*Son always be courtious, by yelling WTF!!! move your shit or I'll beat your ass. :D

wsuwrhr
08-28-2002, 04:21 PM
JetBoatRich:
We kept on eye on the water and moved the boat out as it went down. I hate to rely on others that I don't know to grab and move my boat. :rolleyes: Problem is: This takes common sense.
I want to be the good guy and help out the next guy(especially a boater) but I guarantee the first time the owner of a 100,000 boat has to SLEEP in it overnight and wait for the water to rise, or has to pay 5 big ones to tow the boat off the bar, they will EARN some common sense.
Ha ha
Brian
The same reason noone passed silvers out, no fu**king common sense or manners.
[ August 28, 2002, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
08-28-2002, 04:25 PM
I learned my lession the hard way. I beached my boat TRANSOM out at Havasu Landing in front of the house when I was a newbie. Went across the lake in a friends boat to Kokomos. Came back about 4 or so for to go for a spin in the boat and it was FULL of water...on the ground!!!! That sucks. Long story but...you can empty a boat that is full of water with a bucket.
Brian
[ August 28, 2002, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

sandblasted
08-28-2002, 04:29 PM
JetBoatRich:
sandblasted:
Guess i could always show my tits too!! eek! Greg don't your tits go right into your belly?
Just beating you up a little.yeah, but after 3 days at the river they are nice and tan!! wink

sandblasted
08-28-2002, 05:05 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_river/Nice_View.JPG
[ August 28, 2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: sandblasted ]

JetBoatRich
08-28-2002, 08:00 PM
Whats with red X?

sandblasted
08-28-2002, 08:15 PM
JetBoatRich:
Whats with red X?Tried to post a sandbar pic...You know I've done it a few times and it worked, did it the same way this time but got the damn red X! Oh well, I posted them in the media center...Check out the pic of the pelican (havasu and the river)...there were 2 of them..Damn scavengers were fearless, and would eat anything you tossed at them...

JetBoatRich
08-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Great pictures, I wish I was there. :confused:

RiverForUs
08-29-2002, 09:27 PM
..... and I decide I need more beer, so I make a beer run, leaving a good portion of my crew on the SB. I come back, and someone has snaked my parking spot. Do I yell at him and get in a fight? *YOU MAKE THE CALL!!* You ask them to kindly move as they have taken your spot, due to your recent departure to get some icy beverages. If they refuse to move, you then proceed to kick some butt. Son always be courtious, by yelling WTF!!! move your shit or I'll beat your ass. WTF is this?????? RESERVED PARKING at the Sandbar? Yeah Right!! Give me a break!! You move it, you lose it!

RiverToysJas
08-29-2002, 09:58 PM
RiverForUs:
WTF is this?????? RESERVED PARKING at the Sandbar? Yeah Right!! Give me a break!! You move it, you lose it!I totally agree with you. It's every man for himself out there. What are we supposted do when we see a spot? Stop, get out, have a friend hold the boat, and then walk around and ask everyone if anyone was parked there? If so, find there party and ask if they will be back? Yeah right!
Now if this guy's friends who are waiting for the beer hold the spot open, then that's up to them.

RiverForUs
08-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Now if this guy's friends who are waiting for the beer hold the spot open, then that's up to them.I disagree with this as well! "Hold the spot open...." HUH? Open long enough for the next boat to point it's bow at the sand and pull in. How long will it take for someone to leave the sandbar, go get beer and come back? 30 minutes to an hour or more? By that time someone else will be leaving and you can go around and find yourself a new spot!

Lightning
08-29-2002, 11:09 PM
RiverToysJas:
RiverForUs:
WTF is this?????? RESERVED PARKING at the Sandbar? Yeah Right!! Give me a break!! You move it, you lose it!I totally agree with you. It's every man for himself out there. What are we supposted do when we see a spot? Stop, get out, have a friend hold the boat, and then walk around and ask everyone if anyone was parked there? If so, find there party and ask if they will be back? Yeah right!
Now if this guy's friends who are waiting for the beer hold the spot open, then that's up to them.I agree with the move and lose scenario. What about move, but leave anchor and bouy, and lose...that's not cool.
[ August 30, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Lightning ]

24RODjr
08-29-2002, 11:12 PM
Sorry guys, didn't know this was such a touchy subject. Just gotta say that all the stuff is there on the beach too with peeps in the H2O in front of the space. The Ass that took the spot almost ran me over...so there's more to the story than holding a spot on labor day weekend or something lame like that.
The devil's in the details.
In a bit of poetic justice, his boat did get stuck on the sandbar. The boat gods were smiling on me that day wink

Havasu Cig
08-30-2002, 10:34 AM
What about holding spots in the channel. If you move you lose it. I have seen people get to the Channel and then try to hold several spots for their friends. I am sorry but there is not enough room as it is. If you get there first it is yours.
Another pet peeve of mine is the people that go to the channel without a boat and line up their lawn chairs at the edge of the water and take up boat parking. You ask them to make a little room for you and they don't want to move an inch. Why don't they go down around the corner by thompson bay if they want to sit in the water?? I feel better after venting a little.

spectras only
08-30-2002, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu Cig:Another pet peeve of mine is the people that go to the channel without a boat and line up their lawn chairs at the edge of the water and take up boat parking. You ask them to make a little room for you and they don't want to move an inch.The reason they do it ,because you HAVE a boat and they don't! Just to bug you,hehe wink

future boater
08-30-2002, 12:49 PM
so this is what i have to look forward to.
i pull my boat up to the sandbar.next thing i know somebody comes in and doesnt anchor there boat right. so while i am there standing watching guard my woman gets hit in the head with a football. then as my attention was diverted dudes boat smacks into mine. now some dude shows up all pissed cause i'm in his spot. so i say screw this i'm outta here. get my woman to load up then i realise the guy on the other side of me is stuck. so i help him push it off and he just leaves with no thanks. lol.... what are the good points?!?
[ August 30, 2002, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: future boater ]

future boater
08-30-2002, 12:50 PM
so whats parker like? bythe?

25Elmn8r
08-30-2002, 12:54 PM
FB, you pretty much got it. wink With the exception of the yahoos on the backside doing 50 mph putting out a 10 ft wake thats gonna come and swamp your boat. Other than that it's great :D :D :D

future boater
08-30-2002, 01:07 PM
hey 25 you sell your kachina yet? there is a saber in tucson for sale with a 514 bbf it might be quick enough but its fugly imho. how you like the new boat?

25Elmn8r
08-30-2002, 02:48 PM
FB, it has been sold for about 1 1/2 months, but they haven't given me money yet. It is friends of ours that bought it. they are going thru hell with a refi on the house. But I know they are good for it. Hopefully this weekend they will have the cash and come get it out of my driveway.
Ah yes the new boat, I love it. It has so much room, rides incredible, pretty quick(could use a procharger, but don't tell my wife), so much more efficient than the jet. I do kinda miss a quick little agile jet. Ya right! seriously, I am thinking about picking up our friends little 19ft Challenger for the Blythe runs. It is a good little boat that needs an interior and a pump(been bad for a while, our last trip it finally let go, thats why they are buying the Kachina), But the motor is fresh and very strong.
I just need to figure out what it is worth and what they would take for it.
[ August 30, 2002, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: 25Elmn8r ]

sandblasted
08-31-2002, 11:24 AM
future boater:
so this is what i have to look forward to.
i pull my boat up to the sandbar.next thing i know somebody comes in and doesnt anchor there boat right. so while i am there standing watching guard my woman gets hit in the head with a football. then as my attention was diverted dudes boat smacks into mine. now some dude shows up all pissed cause i'm in his spot. so i say screw this i'm outta here. get my woman to load up then i realise the guy on the other side of me is stuck. so i help him push it off and he just leaves with no thanks. lol.... what are the good points?!?What are the good points? thongs, tits, pasties, beer....It can be crazy there but the best thing is to anchor where you can get your boat out easy...You can always walk around and check out the action, no need to be right in the center of it, unless thats what you want...