PDA

View Full Version : Any "Tryin' To Get To Parker" stories?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Had the boat ready, everything packed to go, just had to swing by the daughters hip hop dance recital, then on to Parker.
The recital delayed,, the night wore on,,, OK, were going to Parker the next day, at morning instead.
The next morning, get up, got the kids dialed in & loaded in the truck. Locking up the house, a car pulls up in front,, a knockout of a babe gets out crying.
The temp's have been in the 90's all week.
She walks up and tells me she has a wedding at her house in a few hours, her Air Conditioning won't cool. No one in the Yellow Pages will respond,, the neighbors told her I was in the A/C Biz,, can I help?
Ok,, we unload the kids,,, get in the work truck,, head up to the otherside of the neighborhood to her house.
(This is MBrown2's part of my neighborhood, and all the wifes are 10's. Like Mrs RD had 50 twin sisters, all babes, all knockouts) The houses are huge, really nice.
Nicely decorated home for her younger sisters wedding.
OK, I determine that her A/C is outta freon,, I find & fix the leak, re-charge the unit,, the house starts cooling down, I head for the truck to head to Parker. The lady comes out, I tell her; " No charge, all fixed", and head home to head to Parker.
We get back from the river 10 days later. Their's a knock at the door. It's the wedding ladys husband and he hands me a gift certificate to Bucca Di Peppo restaurant with a hand shake and a huge thanks.
Bucca De Peppo is a fun place to go. Pricey. They charge you for everything. Ask for a little more sauce on you eggplant, pow $2 more on the bill!
Italian restaurants should be noisy, with really good food and Bucca De Peppo is the place.
So we go to the one in 'Vegas. You can eat in the kitchen by the way, and that's a lot of fun.
Anyway, the daughter did some minor roles in a few TV shows, got reconized, and the manager comp'd the bill. I still have the gift certificate. (Yea you hard on's,, I remembered to tip the waitress).
Anymore trying to get to the river stories?,,,,,,

Boozer
08-12-2003, 03:25 PM
Bucca's is one of my favorite places. I preffer Maggianos but Bucca is a sweet place too. I never did the sitting in the kitchen thing because it is always so hot in there. I had Bucca last Tuesday.
Can't say heading to the river story because well... I don't head to the river much.

dimarcobros
08-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Mine is similar to RD's.......
Myself and Up4River head out to Havasu on a Firday Night. I hate to stop for anything...food, gas, hookers, whatever, I hate it. I want to get there and every stop seems to take a century to get back on the road. Since Up4River was driving we had to stop for gas, then food, and to top it off he drives slower than I. (which is probably in my favor) We finally show up to my place at the Isles and as soon as I get out of the car i realize what I had forgotten.............THE KEYS TO MY BOAT!!! :mad: cry Luckly we had STV BOY coming out the following morning and didn't live to far from my house. Up4River new another guy that was coming out so we jumped in his boat and had many beers together while we waited and I got made fun of ALL WEEKEND.
I deserved it
DMB

Ziggy
08-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Not as bad as forgetting your wallet or boat keys but I had once forgotten the front seat bottom cushions to the boat....so idea I improvised with some handy-dandy stadium seats that happened to fit virtually perfect. They don't call me "Zig-Gyver" for nuttin' :rolleyes: . Not nearly as comfortable but WAY better than sitting in the hole and feeling like a lowrider. I even tried my throwable but it would slip through the hole :( . Still get razzed for it to this day, Hey Zig, got your seats??? Yeah, yeah! Bite me wink

h2oski2fast
08-12-2003, 04:59 PM
It was Friday afternoon, Father's Day weekend. My Sis and myself head out to meet up with our parents at Havasu. Living in Orange/Villa Park we head over the hill (Imperial) and get on the 91 east. It was around 6pm and traffic was hell. We made it all the way to Weir Canyon when I got the bright idea to get off the freeway and go to TGIFriadys. Traffic was sooooo bad that we decided to have a couple beers and wait for it to calm down a bit. Well needless to say, somewhere around 11pm we are still at the bar, drunk and having fun (ran into some friends). Had to bum a ride home, and leave for the river the next morning. We missed the traffic though!

Froggystyle
08-12-2003, 07:08 PM
On the way to the Delta for a long weekend. I'm about 17, my bro is 15 or so and we have a good looking little hottie classmate of his with us. (Jorene).
First things first. 3 black labs, three teenagers, two parents drinking beers back when road-sodas were OK by most standards, 110 degrees in the Sacramento river valley, and we mostly lose a fuel pump in the Dodge Ramcharger. That's right. This is the definition of 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound container. Mostly because it would cruise OK, but when you stopped, it would cease working properly and cause it to sputter out. Hours of trying to solve the problem resulted in two dirty teens, one pissed off chick on her first river trip, nearly drunk Dad and two ferries to cross to get to our campsite.
Enter me, under the hood of the 1985 Dodge Ramcharger dripping gas from a deteriorating plastic cup into the carb to coax us up the hill from the ferry so we could get to the river and get wet.
Six hours into a 1:30 minute trip, we get there. I pirate a pump out of an old Dodge truck that was wrecked and just sitting there and we are good to go home.
That Dodge probably still has that pump in it.
Neither myself, nor my brother got any love from pissed off hottie. Learned how to play "Patience" by Guns and Roses though on guitar.

burbanite
08-12-2003, 07:44 PM
"Any "Tryin' To Get To Parker" stories? "
Yep, tried last November when I was out in CA for a week but none of you fockers answered my post..... :(
Actually I've been "trying" for years, just to see what all of the hullabaloo is about....even though I give you guys a hard time about your "Nirvana" wink
I came close when I flew out to pick up my boat a couple of years ago. Stayed in Blythe on my way to Phoenix, (teenage daughters wanted to shop at the Scottsdale Fashion Mall on the way home???), was tempted to turn left but I had not been able to find insurance at that point so waved off.

mbrown2
08-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
(This is MBrown2's part of my neighborhood, and all the wifes are 10's. Like Mrs RD had 50 twin sisters, all babes, all knockouts) The houses are huge, really nice.
That's too funny...how'd you know where I live.. :D
Back to the "Getting to Parker Story"
This is back around 81...me my bro and his friend riding up to Parker in the back of my dads 78 Ranchero as he and moms were putting away the road sodies....Well my dad just got a new boat to him Sleekcraft 23 daycruiser...and decides instead of going Chariaco pass, he is going to try 29 Palms to save on the hills...well if you know that Morongo pass it can be steep as well...a couple of miles into the grade the car overheats...its not that hot out and its late afternoon...not too bad...
My dad calls my oldest brother and tells him to bring up a stakebed truck from his company...Now the Ranchero has been towed to a repair shop and folks we were caravaning with have pulled the boat up to Morongo...
After we get settled down in Morongo in the parking lot of a local bar, the adults go off drinking at the bar pretty much till closing, while we kick it in the boat...we all ended up sleeping in the boat...pretty dam cold in the high desert in the spring...
I remember waking up and it was damn cold...and brushing your teeth in ice chest water wakes you wake up really fast...well the next day, things start heating up...and the flatbed shows up in the AM..
Us kids ended up laying out lawnchairs in the back of the stakebed as we made our way from Morongo to Parker in 100+ degree heat...Way too Sun Burned before we even got there...
No matter how get there, its Paradise once your there. :)

Trailer Park Casanova
08-13-2003, 03:30 AM
mbrown2:
[QUOTE]
This is back around 81...me my bro and his friend riding up to Parker in the back of my dads 78 Ranchero ..and brushing your teeth in ice chest water wakes you wake up..Way too Sun Burned before we even got there...
No matter how get there, its Paradise once your there. :) Glad to read I'm not the only one in the forum with CRS :D :D :D
Rideing to the river in the back of a pickup, the memories, brutal, but would do it again.
Pre crewcab days that's how ya did it.Throw the kids in the bed of the truck. $4 Sav-On beach chairs to sit on if youre lucky.
[ August 13, 2003, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Havasu Hangin'
08-13-2003, 03:50 AM
One time...when I was trying to get away from Parker...