PDA

View Full Version : Power Boat Mag. Names LOTO....

superV
03-25-2003, 11:12 AM
"No.1 Performance Boating Hot Spot" See page 76 :D

Thunderbutt
03-25-2003, 11:23 AM
I stoped getting Powerboat after the LOTO shootout, because they went along with Miss Budweiser entering the competition. I'm anxious to see what this years shootout will be like. How many Gold Cup boats will enter.
I still want one of the Califorina speed ski teams to come back and pull a skier down the race coarse at 100 mph.

superV
03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
RiverDave:
superV:
"No.1 Performance Boating Hot Spot" See page 76 :D Well I think they just lost all credibillity in alot of boaters eyes.. LOL
RD I guess Ill leave out what they said about Havasu :rolleyes:

superV
03-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Thunderbutt:
I stoped getting Powerboat after the LOTO shootout, because they went along with Miss Budweiser entering the competition. I'm anxious to see what this years shootout will be like. How many Gold Cup boats will enter.
I still want one of the Califorina speed ski teams to come back and pull a skier down the race coarse at 100 mph. Ya I agree with you on that one what a bunch of BS that was. :mad:

mbrown2
03-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I too thought it was crap with Miss Budweiser entering the race...but if you have a race with no rules, then those things can happen...I was just glad that David Scott got beat by Callan...they needed a changing of the guard.....Now we just need a Top Fuel Hydro to go back there and wax Miss Bud's ass. :)

Craig
03-25-2003, 02:55 PM
mbrown2, I guess that's why I heard they're changing the rules for this years shootout. They must have figured sooner or later, some nutjob would bring a blown nitro or alcohol hydro out, wait for some smooth water, idle through most of the course and then jam on it the last 1/4 mile :D If he lived, he'd probably kill all other times! Maybe they need to use production style boats? Of course as soon as you make rules, someone will start "testing the elastisity of the rules". We're talking about flying back there this year for the shootout. Couple of friends went last year, rented a pontoon boat and had a blast!
Craig

buck183
03-25-2003, 06:17 PM
They have changed the rules for the Shoot Out. Can't find the link right now, but it was posted on OSO about a week ago.
As for LOTO being named # 1 Performance Boating Hot Spot. Rightfully so.
Buck

DaveA
03-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, it ain't Lake Norman NC, that's for sure...
Here's your chance to get even- go to the poll!!
Powerboat Magazine question-What's your favorite boating destination? (http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/question/index.php)
Let 'em have it below the waterline, guys.

buck183
03-26-2003, 06:21 AM
Let 'em have it below the waterline, guys. [/QB][/QUOTE]
I did. Just helped that stats on what they've already published though. It is the best performance boating lake.
Buck

In2Deep
03-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Correction. PB only suggested that LOTO MAY BE the #1 performance destination in the country.
They did not extend a conclusive POV.

Havasu Cig
03-26-2003, 11:37 AM
I read the article and it gave the highs and lows of all the spots mentioned. I did not get the impression from the article that any of the places mentioned were the best place to boat.
I don't have the article in front of me, but I do remember that when they polled the boat builders Havasu and Mead were both mentioned as being favorite spots. I don't remember if Loto was.

superV
03-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Havasu Cig:
I read the article and it gave the highs and lows of all the spots mentioned. I did not get the impression from the article that any of the places mentioned were the best place to boat.
I don't have the article in front of me, but I do remember that when they polled the boat builders Havasu and Mead were both mentioned as being favorite spots. I don't remember if Loto was. They did not say it was the best place to boat, just that it was the best place to find Power Boats on the water. There is much better water to be had in alot of other places! :D

Thunderbutt
03-26-2003, 02:09 PM
The biggest problem with LOTO, in must places on the lake, it is too narrow for the size of boats.(Ocean size crusiers 45-65 feet) and when they are going at 2000 RPM they put out a wake that is 6 feet deep. The water patrol doesn't inforce the direction or the distance between boats, so what you have are these 6 foot waves coming from all directions. Try to negotiate that in a 20 footer. I live on the Niangua arm and it is like an wide river. I don't even want to talk about the PWC's. Thats on weekends. During the week it is balls out.