PDA

View Full Version : bad ass rice rocket

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 09:05 AM
web page (http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0202tur_extremeedge/)

78Eliminator
04-16-2003, 09:22 AM
Turbo magazine used to be really good. I remember in the late 80's they did a few articles about a 5.0 mustang that Carteck twin Turboed. I beleive the squeezed like 400-500 hp out of it and the car did 200 mph.
Blown, did I tell you that I was a big time Ford guy? I have had an 84 Mustang (Anniversary Edition), 86 Mustang SVO, 90 Mustang GT, 90 Ranger, 89 Ranger, 88 F150, 86 Bronco (probably my favorite), 86 F250, 86 T-bird TC (dad's car), 90 T-Bird SC (dad's car).....

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 09:23 AM
No shit, that is cool. I have always liked tha sc birds. Nice rides.

78Eliminator
04-16-2003, 09:51 AM
Blown 472:
No shit, that is cool. I have always liked tha sc birds. Nice rides. Every now and then I look in the trader at the SC birds and think about picking up a low mileage one. I bet you could have a machinist (read RD) make some different pulleys for the supercharger and open up a few more HPs. Maybe even a 75 HP fogger too. Those rides are bad... I don't know if it's the fact that I am getting older or what, but now I am liking the mix of power AND luxury in a car.

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 10:06 AM
78Eliminator:
Blown 472:
No shit, that is cool. I have always liked tha sc birds. Nice rides. Every now and then I look in the trader at the SC birds and think about picking up a low mileage one. I bet you could have a machinist (read RD) make some different pulleys for the supercharger and open up a few more HPs. Maybe even a 75 HP fogger too. Those rides are bad... I don't know if it's the fact that I am getting older or what, but now I am liking the mix of power AND luxury in a car. One thing to say Lincoln Mark VIII Power, luxury I love that damn car. web page (http://www.maxrpm.com/LMSindex.htm)

78Eliminator
04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
What do those bad boys go for off the lot?

Havasu Hangin'
04-16-2003, 10:48 AM
I found out how Saab gets 250+ HP out of a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder..
22-30lbs of boost from the factory.

78Eliminator
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Havasu Hangin':
I found out how Saab gets 250+ HP out of a 2.3 liter 4 cylinder..
22-30lbs of boost from the factory. And you didn't blow the headgasket through the firewall? :D
Did you get the boost by putting a new wastegate on or did you do the fish tank bleeder trick?

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 10:55 AM
78Eliminator:
What do those bad boys go for off the lot? I picked up mine for 3500.00 LMS does any and all mods you want, there is also a guy in florida that does mods as well. He has a blown mark that runs low 12's.

78Eliminator
04-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Blown 472:
78Eliminator:
What do those bad boys go for off the lot? I picked up mine for 3500.00 LMS does any and all mods you want, there is also a guy in florida that does mods as well. He has a blown mark that runs low 12's. For $3500, I'll pick up a couple of them wink

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 11:06 AM
What is a Drag Racer?
Between the innocence of childhood and the indignity of the front porch at the nursing home we find a delightful creature called a Drag Racer.
Drag Racers come in assorted sizes, weights and colors but their common goal is to go as fast as possible and to stop before they run out of real estate.
Drag Racers are found: on top of, inside of, underneath, swinging from, pushing, pulling, jumping on, running after and running from drag machines. Mothers worry about them. Fathers are proud of them. Non-racing relatives think they are crazy.
Heaven protects them. Cops chase them. Mainstream media ignores them. Nobody but other Drag Racers understands them.
A Drag Racer is beauty in faded jeans and a T-shirt that says "Isky". A Drag Racer can be as deep as the ocean and high as a kite all at the same time. A Drag Racer, strapped in, with his race face on is way cool.
A Drag Racer likes: anything loud, wrenches, firecrackers, red shop rags, bright colored paint, chrome, airplanes, jet motors, rockets, boats, fire trucks, chainsaws, hammers, more wrenches, explosions, polluted air, tire smoke, hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, big cold drinks, members of the opposite sex, having their pictures taken and winning.
A Drag Racer doesn't like: porta-cans, broken parts, starter motors, red lights, leaving late, tire shake, unplanned slippage, hot oil, unplanned fires, center line cones, putting tire marks on guard rails, shooting ducks, bicycling, parachutes that don't open, catch nets or sand pits and losing.
Drag Racers live by the code set down years ago:
"If some is good, more is better and too much is just right".

Havasu Hangin'
04-16-2003, 11:11 AM
78Eliminator:
Did you get the boost by putting a new wastegate on or did you do the fish tank bleeder trick? I don't have the 4 cylinder...I have the newer V6. The V6 uses less boost (more initial compression), and it has alot more bottom-end torque than the Aero 4 cylinders.
However, more boost might not be good right now...water injection may be needed.
I'm still looking into an ECU upgrade...the computer also controls the boost. Since it is a front-wheel drive car, the stock computer limits the torque to keep the wheels from spinning...
...what fun is that?
I do have a bunch of expensive boxes sitting in my garage (they happen to have suspension and brake parts in them)...just waiting on the new skirts and sway bars...

Jbb
04-16-2003, 11:32 AM
All that rocket needs is some sparks ...from this place.....
Sparks (http://www.sparkoo.com/)

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Chicks dig that shit, I am going to stock up on sparklers during the forth of july and put them all over my truck, then drive around nekked looking like a shooting comet. :D

HOSS
04-16-2003, 03:53 PM
That`s ****in` killer.