PDA

View Full Version : Allowing viewers to rate you

rivercrazy
12-20-2002, 02:05 PM
Are you allowing peers to view you yes or no? If not why?

miller19j
12-20-2002, 02:07 PM
Yes I am allowing them to rate me. If I don’t it appears that I really care about my rating.

Her454
12-20-2002, 02:20 PM
i allow it because my shrink says its good for my deep seeded insecurities. when they start to go negative i turn them off and go into severe depression. eek!

miller19j
12-20-2002, 02:21 PM
Her454:
i allow it because my shrink says its good for my deep seeded insecurities. when they start to go negative i turn them off and go into severe depression. eek! I just gave you five because you are a girl and ……well that’s it. wink

Her454
12-20-2002, 02:30 PM
thanks miller, thats better than prozac! :D :D :D

Blown 472
12-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Her454:
i allow it because my shrink says its good for my deep seeded insecurities. when they start to go negative i turn them off and go into severe depression. eek! Happy purple pills tha fix all.

Her454
12-20-2002, 02:37 PM
i already have lots of them happy pills, remember - they're called versatile vicodin. :D

JetBoatRich
12-21-2002, 08:04 AM
Who cares what others think, just don't be a dick!

K3-River-Rat
12-21-2002, 10:25 AM
Her454:
i already have lots of them happy pills, remember - they're called versatile vicodin. :D :D :D :D :D

K3-River-Rat
12-21-2002, 10:30 AM
Note how everyone that has posted in this thread so far all have 4 stars! :D

RPrincez
12-21-2002, 11:33 AM
I think the rating is great. Say something witting and you can be rated too! See I only have 3 stars and I am posting.

jetaddict
12-21-2002, 12:13 PM
If you allow people to rate you, you can kind of lookback at it and evaluate how your current personality is reflecting to other people!! Ha.Ha. Of course I really don't care about my personality :rolleyes: Is the boat gassed up yet??

Mandelon
12-21-2002, 12:44 PM
I gave you all 5 stars just because you don't care!!! :p :p
Damn, How liberating!! Free stars on the house!

rivercrazy
12-21-2002, 01:02 PM
I threw you 5 stars for your signature Mandelon!
[ December 21, 2002, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

Mandelon
12-21-2002, 01:34 PM
Woooooooohooooooooo!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Froggystyle
12-21-2002, 06:54 PM
I don't show them, because back when I shut them off, I had five stars, and 30 votes. I decided to post what I felt, instead of what I thought would keep me in stars, and hid them to avoid worrying about them. Now, I don't care, and have little curiosity as to how anyone on the internet with a computer feels about me as a person! :D
Plus, I gave a couple of people 1 star because of something they said, and you can never give them back. I think that is BS.
I do refrain from giving out stars now though. I feel if you are not going to show them, you shouldn't be able to vote for them.
Squirts up!

Tom Brown
12-21-2002, 07:04 PM
JetBoatRich:
Who cares what others think, just don't be a dick! I'm with you. Well, only the first part.

Mrs Big Boy Toys
12-21-2002, 07:22 PM
I don't care if people rate me or not...the only problem is that I have no clue who has or what the rated me...I would like to know who and what number I was rated . (Hint) So do tell if you have...J/K.. wink

Her454
12-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
I don't care if people rate me or not...the only problem is that I have no clue who has or what the rated me...I would like to know who and what number I was rated . (Hint) So do tell if you have...J/K.. wink hey mrsbbt, i shot ya 5, just cuz ya can hold your own with them prop guys.... eek!

Havasu Doug
12-21-2002, 08:43 PM
I show my stars, but don't pay attention to them or anyone else's ANYMORE. Not since the "Shoot me 5 and I'll shoot you 5" thread. It's not worth worrying over them. Almost everyone is a 4 anyway. :D I'm with Froggystyle on the feeling that if you don't show them, you shouldn't be able to vote either. wink

mike37
12-21-2002, 08:47 PM
Stars what stars:)

MJ19
12-21-2002, 09:25 PM
I think it would be great to see who rates ya what...I know I only give 5 stars (up to this point) because I feel if I can't give 5 then I'm not going to give any.
But it would be fun to see those that rate you less then a 5 (you can send'em a PM asking WHY?) :D

Havasu Doug
12-21-2002, 09:38 PM
MJ19, a person that we both know, said she rated a few peeps a "1" thinking "1" was best. I'm sure she hopes her votes will NEVER be revealed. :D

rivercrazy
12-21-2002, 09:50 PM
You'd get 5 from me if you ever decided to change posten em stars
\ Froggystyle:
I don't show them, because back when I shut them off, I had five stars, and 30 votes. I decided to post what I felt, instead of what I thought would keep me in stars, and hid them to avoid worrying about them. Now, I don't care, and have little curiosity as to how anyone on the internet with a computer feels about me as a person! :D
Plus, I gave a couple of people 1 star because of something they said, and you can never give them back. I think that is BS.
I do refrain from giving out stars now though. I feel if you are not going to show them, you shouldn't be able to vote for them.
Squirts up!

MJ19
12-21-2002, 10:09 PM
Havasu Doug:
MJ19, a person that we both know, said she rated a few peeps a "1" thinking "1" was best. I'm sure she hopes her votes will NEVER be revealed. :D I remember that...who was that again? PM me...I forgot, but I remember it was a "blondie" :D

Mandelon
12-21-2002, 10:45 PM
I think its almost better to have less..... Because I do..... :p
Seriously, it means you at least stirred somebody up enough to vote you less than five. What would be the point if everyone was all a bunch of smiley 5 star wearing, no opinion that won't offend someone, wusses??? eek! If you can't say what you really think on a mostly anonymous forum, where the hell can you?? Are you really that worried about offending someone?
I don't mean to say you should be rude, but hell, say what you like and F the stars.....(But can you shoot me a five??) :D :D :D

BigBoyToys
12-22-2002, 05:55 PM
:D
[ December 22, 2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Mrs Big Boy Toys
12-22-2002, 05:55 PM
Her454:
Mrs Big Boy Toys:
I don't care if people rate me or not...the only problem is that I have no clue who has or what the rated me...I would like to know who and what number I was rated . (Hint) So do tell if you have...J/K.. wink hey mrsbbt, i shot ya 5, just cuz ya can hold your own with them prop guys.... eek! Thank you. I also gave you a 5 star rating.

Windy
12-22-2002, 09:54 PM
Haven 4 stars gives you charactor wink

77charger
12-22-2002, 10:00 PM
I dont think the rating system is a way to judge a person due to the fact that anyone can rate you and if someone who hates your ways can reduce your stars.I would do away with it if i could.

LVjetboy
12-23-2002, 01:46 AM
Yes I am allowing them to rate me. If I don’t it appears that I really care about my rating.So does that mean if you don't block them, you really don't care about stars or...if you don't block them you just want to appear to really not care about stars? I'm confused. :D
I had five for awhile, a heavy burden to bear. (j/k copy?) So a quick trip to the v-drive forums defending jets, and presto, no more five. Seemed simple enough.
With hidden voting, stars appear to follow how controversial you are tempered with a bell curve. For example, RD has 3...strange until you look at the number of votes...78! So he hits the mean. Some fairly new members have 5 but only 3 votes. Based on their number of posts, how representative is that? And then there's always the flakey fake id crowd, who get to vote twice, three, four or more times.
With open voting seen on other boards, seems members only rate if they have something good to say. Also skewed.
The only thing I can say for sure, is stars seem to influence people more than they like to admit. But as to their value...still open to debate. Depends on the person I suppose. Five and some may step lightly, avoid controversy, wanting to maintain, others not. Three or four and who cares? One or two they may flame for the hell of it, what have they got to loose? Again, depending on the individual. And I'm thinking the net result is a wash, as in whatever.
jer
[ December 23, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

12-23-2002, 10:25 AM
If ya have 5 stars means ya never pissed anybody off. I lost a star because I was rooting for the wrong team in the World Series. argue

Havasu Doug
12-23-2002, 10:28 AM
I lost a star when I posted in the "shoot me 5 and I'll shoot you 5" thread. It should have really been named "shoot me and I'll shoot you". :D

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 10:35 AM
IMHO, if you have 5*'s you're waaaay to agreeable, and are no fun...Look at RD. He's down to 3 these days, and he's cool :D

lawbreaker2
12-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Looks like I havent pissed anybody off yet,Im doing something really wrong here. :D

Jordy
12-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Careful what you wish for. The star assasins are everywhere.

Havasu Doug
12-23-2002, 11:24 AM
lawbreaker2:
Looks like I havent pissed anybody off yet,Im doing something really wrong here. :D Yeah, what's up with that? And from a guy named lawbreaker2? :D :D :D

HCS
12-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Watch for shooting stars. :rolleyes:

Jordy
12-23-2002, 11:25 AM
Anyone care to wager if a star is missing before this thread ends? And I'm not going to be the one to take it away either as that's not right. :D

Havasu Doug
12-23-2002, 11:30 AM
jordanpaulk:
Anyone care to wager if a star is missing before this thread ends? And I'm not going to be the one to take it away either as that's not right. :D Yeah, that would just be wrong! However, the current 5 is only based on 1 vote, so it's probably gonna change today. Not by me though. :D

HCS
12-23-2002, 11:30 AM
I won't shoot any down, but I wouldn't be bragging I had 5 stars either. :p

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 11:37 AM
JetBoatRich:
Who cares what others think, just don't be a dick! That's the problem, there are always *dicks* out there. It doesn't matter how *good* you are, you will always have some *evil* person out that'll shoot ya down.
I just keep em' turned off....I don't see the point to it. I already know I'm *great*! *wink* :D

HCS
12-23-2002, 11:53 AM
RiverKitty:
JetBoatRich:
Who cares what others think, just don't be a dick! That's the problem, there are always *dicks* out there. It doesn't matter how *good* you are, you will always have some *evil* person out that'll shoot ya down.
I just keep em' turned off....I don't see the point to it. I already know I'm *great*! *wink* :D I would have gave you 5 just for being a Broncos fan!. :D

Blown 472
12-23-2002, 12:05 PM
RiverKitty:
JetBoatRich:
I just keep em' turned off....I don't see the point to it. I already know I'm *great*! *wink* :D So when is "our" vs shopping adventure??

Havasu Doug
12-23-2002, 12:12 PM
RiverKitty:
JetBoatRich:
I just keep em' turned off....I don't see the point to it. I already know I'm *great*! *wink* :D RiverKitty, you are great! :D The only person I could possibly think that would not give you a 5 is Alisha and she wouldn't know how to do it anyway. :D

Kim Hanson
12-23-2002, 12:13 PM
The way I see it is, be yourself and who care's what the rest think! I only give out 5 star's......( . )( . )......... :D

The Bug
12-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Having a good rating helps when you start a topic, if you have a good rating more then likely you will get way more reply's. :p

Blown 472
12-23-2002, 12:46 PM
The Bug:
Having a good rating helps when you start a topic, if you have a good rating more then likely you will get way more reply's. :p And more one sentence replys.

The Bug
12-23-2002, 01:04 PM
yeah, true.

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI:[/b]
I would have gave you 5 just for being a Broncos fan!. :D Just shot ya a fiver for that *awsome* comment!!! :D Go Broncos!!! :D

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472:
[/b] So when is "our" vs shopping adventure?? Oh ya! That's right! We do need to make some arrangements, eh??? :D

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Doug: RiverKitty, you are great! :D Back atcha Doug!!! :D
The only person I could possibly think that would not give you a 5 is Alisha and she wouldn't know how to do it anyway. :D ROFLMAO!!! Man! You got *that* right!!! ;o)

Blown 472
12-23-2002, 02:21 PM
RiverKitty:
Originally posted by Blown 472:
[/b] So when is "our" vs shopping adventure?? Oh ya! That's right! We do need to make some arrangements, eh??? :D Do they sell leather stuff?

RiverKitty
12-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472:[/b]
Do they sell leather stuff? I *certainly* hope so!!!! :D :D :D
[ December 23, 2002, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: RiverKitty ]

topless
12-23-2002, 06:14 PM
The Bug:
Having a good rating helps when you start a topic, if you have a good rating more then likely you will get way more reply's. :p Untrue bug. If people hate you they respond just as much if not more just to prove thier point.( Oh by the way, I rated you a 5 cuz you were new and nice at the same time (go figure) Merry Christmas. smile_sp

Mandelon
12-23-2002, 07:23 PM
lawbreaker2
Looks like I havent pissed anybody off yet,Im doing something really wrong here.
Hey Lawbreaker, I shot you a "one" to make you feel better!! J/K :D

Mandelon
12-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Hey....I'm back up to four stars..!!!! :) :)
Not that it... matters,.. or anything........ :D

565edge
12-25-2002, 12:26 AM
Thought id be the only up,merry christmas river dave!I guess i cant talk no more shit now you got a boat, :D :D ,good luck with the project,im sure it will turn out sweet.

565edge
12-25-2002, 12:40 AM
RiverDave:
That'd be the plan. wink
Don't let the fact that I got a boat slow you down from talking shit though. As I recall it the majority of your issues are with two other people and one of there girlfriends not with me.
BTW, did ya ever get your boat running again?
RD Oh Yea,i've had it running for a while,I'm getting a egt to get my exhaust temp,the boat gets it on though,i've got it turning 7,300rpm with a b/c stainless,i think with some tuning it should turn 7,500,I slid the motor forward and need to get a jetaway then get driveline made for next year,maybe for the 1st at cfw?I got a helmet and getting a vest for christmas so i will be at ming next year,the new motor runs harder,i put a bigger cam,bumped up comp,i just need to tune it properly,I want to put a inducer in it though to help get my fat butt out of the hole,haven't lost a race yet,but haven't raced anything special.

565edge
12-25-2002, 01:23 AM
So river dave,how much to machine and install my inducer,froggy's turned out sweet?I would like you to do it?Let me know,no sabutaging(sp)!Let me know if you need anything,we got a little connections here in the central coast?Boat re-lated?There is actually alot of fast boats that have come out of here?Jim Perry,Bill hunter,and the daytona that started what hull?I think i own it?and the miller boat clan!
[ December 25, 2002, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: 565edge ]

565edge
12-25-2002, 01:30 AM
RiverDave:
565Edge, I'd rather just machine it for free for ya. It doesn't take me that long, and to be honest it's really not that difficult.
RD Sounds good,Does the inducer interfere with the loader grate at all,mine runs up in there pretty far?It may be a stupid question but i dont know?

LVjetboy
12-25-2002, 05:11 AM
RD, not able to retract's a drawback. No system seems best. Also not being able to vote twice :)
Don't think there's many votes I've change my mind on. As for turning off, sure, but does that really help? More a negative in my opinion. Curious souls only wonder...why did he/she turn it off...got something to hide? Not that that's true of course, only that that's the obvious question. So turn-off becomes a negative by default, and I'd have to dissagree with you there.
Originally, I thought the star system would calm things and take the place of tribal drums. That didn't last. Seems now just a bobble, a sparkly promise of status or worth detracting some from the real focus of the forums, but not enough to really matter.
Ok, shoot me five and I'll shoot you five. Wait, I shot you five already? What a joke :)
jer