PDA

View Full Version : Stereo experts - Pioneer Help

THOR
10-19-2003, 08:23 AM
I have a 2 year old Pioneer receiver model D710SX and it keep flashing a powering off sign then it automatically shuts off. I am about the throw this f&*^ing thing off of the roof, but is there an easier fix. I have attached all the wires again and again per the instructions and it still does this.
WTF?

Troubles No More
10-19-2003, 09:51 AM
I had the same problem with my Yamaha receiver, I found out that one of the speaker wires had a cut/short in it and would shut down the stereo system. Hope this helps
[ October 19, 2003, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Dogred ]

clownpuncher
10-19-2003, 10:07 AM
Might be a little far fetched but, could the sleep function be on or do you have an auto-off timer?

beyondhelpin
10-19-2003, 11:47 AM
You might try unpluging wires and cables a pair at a time and try turning on each time to check for outside influences. Sounds like it is a auto shutdown feature.

THOR
10-20-2003, 06:32 AM
I have plugged and unplugged and plugged the wires in several times. I am just pissed so I sent it back to Pioneer since I have a warranty left. I am just tired of having to f&^% with this thing.
thanks for the help

ROZ
10-20-2003, 09:23 AM
Going into protection for one reason or another...Sometimes when you unplug the power cable and let it sit for a while it resets itself... Pioneer will take pretty good care of ya, but you might want to ride them a bit....
Good luck!