PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forums from Havasu

Zuumer
02-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi All ! !
New to the Forums but been boatin' here in Havasu for 10 years and San Diego before that. Got some of that wet stuff over here past few days and the snowbirds are goin' crazy trying to drive in it....LOL.
Summer's commin'.............! ! !

RiverN00B
02-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Welcome stranger!

hot_diggity_dog
02-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Welcome Zuumer,
I see you are a Merc tech, which repair shop are you working for. You can never have to many boat mechanics.
HDD :cool:

JetBoatRich
02-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the ***boat site, I like to post every now and then to let off a little steam

RiverKitty
02-13-2003, 03:12 PM
JetBoatRich:
Welcome to the ***boat site, I like to post every now and then to let off a little steam Ya! Don't listen to him! He's our local post *****!!! *wink*
So Zuumer, Welcome to the madness! Your white jacket is awaiting you!!! devil
So how did you come across your username, eh???

Zuumer
02-13-2003, 03:34 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
Welcome Zuumer,
I see you are a Merc tech, which repair shop are you working for. You can never have to many boat mechanics.
HDD :cool: Thanks to all for the responses. Looks like a fun time ! !
I'm at Lakeland Marine on West Acoma across from Mike Love's paint shop.

Zuumer
02-13-2003, 03:38 PM
RiverKitty:
JetBoatRich:
Welcome to the ***boat site, I like to post every now and then to let off a little steam Ya! Don't listen to him! He's our local post *****!!! *wink*
So Zuumer, Welcome to the madness! Your white jacket is awaiting you!!! devil
So how did you come across your username, eh??? Hi RK,
White jackets are a good thing...LOL.
Zuumer was call sign when I wuz flyin' in the Navy. Way too much fun ! ! Retired in 80 and hot boats the only thing close to upside down at speed with your hair on fire
:D

RiverKitty
02-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Zuumer:
Hi RK,
White jackets are a good thing...LOL.
Zuumer was call sign when I wuz flyin' in the Navy. Way too much fun ! ! Retired in 80 and hot boats the only thing close to upside down at speed with your hair on fire! :D I like you already!!! devil

XLGPP
02-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Im starting to feel like an old timer here with all these FNGs... Welcome, welcome, welcome. wink

hot_diggity_dog
02-14-2003, 06:03 AM
Zuumer,
By any chance did you go out on my friends 30' Spectre with the twin 300's two weeks ago when he blew one motor? :confused:

superV
02-14-2003, 06:16 AM
Welcome! :D

Windy
02-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Warm welcome to the newbies http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif

HavasuBarney
02-14-2003, 08:01 AM
Hey Zuumer,
Thought it would be neighborly to say hello. :)
Be sure to tell the whole Lakeland crew I said hello. :)

mbrown2
02-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Welcome to the boards.

RPrincez
02-14-2003, 08:50 AM
Welcome!

Zuumer
02-14-2003, 09:02 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
Zuumer,
By any chance did you go out on my friends 30' Spectre with the twin 300's two weeks ago when he blew one motor? :confused:
HDD :cool: Hi to all and thanks for the warm welcome :) :)
HDD: Sad to hear about the motor :( . The guy who went out with your friend works at the same shop I do but it was a social thing. Don't know the details but somehow he was invited to go out for a ride with your friend. We've not had the boat at out shop so don't know all the details but heard that Dave at DCB is takin' care of it. If the motor in new, Mercury should replace at minimum the power head. They'll probably have Dave do a print out of the onboard computer to see what was happening when it blew and then make a determination. However, on a new motor, if it was out of the break-in mode, Mercury wants to see run history. They are VERY GOOD at warranty claims so your friend should have NO PROBLEM :)

Skaterfast
02-14-2003, 09:03 AM
Hey Zuumer,how do you like the PlaceCraft?The Places are good friends of mine.How long have you been at Lakeland?I've been doing bussiness with them for 8 years now.I know your not Gil,Richie or Lou.What's your name.

XLGPP
02-14-2003, 09:14 AM
hey Zuum Zuum, tell Richie and Lou that Aaron from New Mexico said hi.

Zuumer
02-14-2003, 09:18 AM
Skaterfast:
Hey Zuumer,how do you like the PlaceCraft?The Places are good friends of mine.How long have you been at Lakeland?I've been doing bussiness with them for 8 years now.I know your not Gil,Richie or Lou.What's your name. Hi SF,
The Placecraft should go in the mold next week. Wuz supposed to be earlier....but the rain and the wind and,,,and,,,,. Like they say add a month or two on whatever they tell you. Plus the holidays slowed them down. Great folk though and I like their work/reputation. I've ridden in 2 of their decks and its just what I wanted. The 27 deck from Eliminator or Conquest was a bit much both in size and $ $ $. I think the 22 will do really well with the 496 HO at 425hp and a 26p Bravo I prop.
I'm Ron, the retarded....er...retired one... :D :D . I work during the summer months from April through September then off for the winter. Been with Lew/Kathy since they opened the shop 10 years ago. All the folk there are GREAT as you probably know. Thanks for the inquiry and I'm sure I know you and your boat :cool:

Zuumer
02-14-2003, 09:24 AM
XLGPP:
hey Zuum Zuum, tell Richie and Lou that Aaron from New Mexico said hi. Hi Aaron,
Will do. Heading over there in just a bit to order an automatic halon fire extinguisher for my new Placecraft deck. :) :)

1stepcloser
02-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Welcome aboard, Ron.
Sounds like a good way to spend the summer's...unemployed!! :)

Zuumer
02-14-2003, 09:30 AM
1stepcloser:
Welcome aboard, Ron.
Sounds like a good way to spend the summer's...unemployed!! :) Thanks for the welcome :)
Actually I work during the summer so I'm sure I've talked to a lot of you all throughout the years. :) :)

hot_diggity_dog
02-14-2003, 11:15 AM
HDD: Sad to hear about the motor . The guy who went out with your friend works at the same shop I do but it was a social thing. Don't know the details but somehow he was invited to go out for a ride with your friend. We've not had the boat at out shop so don't know all the details but heard that Dave at DCB is takin' care of it. If the motor in new, Mercury should replace at minimum the power head. They'll probably have Dave do a print out of the onboard computer to see what was happening when it blew and then make a determination. However, on a new motor, if it was out of the break-in mode, Mercury wants to see run history. They are VERY GOOD at warranty claims so your friend should have NO PROBLEM Thanks Mr. Ron aka Zuumer, :D
All is well with the Spectre, wink
Dave should have it repaired in two weeks. :D

Zuumer
02-14-2003, 01:42 PM
Zuumer:
XLGPP:
hey Zuum Zuum, tell Richie and Lou that Aaron from New Mexico said hi. Hi Aaron,
Will do. Heading over there in just a bit to order an automatic halon fire extinguisher for my new Placecraft deck. :) :) Aaron,
All the folks said HI :) and stop by when you come back to town :cool: :cool:

Zuumer
02-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Thanks Mr. Ron aka Zuumer, :D
All is well with the Spectre, wink
Dave should have it repaired in two weeks. :D
HDD :cool: [/QB][/QUOTE]
Good to hear HDD :) :) :)
Glad all went well. It's a bummer when stuff like that happens but at least with Dave and Mercury things get taken care of quickly :cool: