PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Posts

Wicked Performance Boats
03-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Offensive Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have deleted my graphics thread on just jets do to childist posts meant to start trouble. Some people get their jollies slamming other people, whether openly rude or playing with words. The people using this forum know which ones whe're talking about. To save this site from further decline, I offer to the moderators. To give the starter of a thread the option to delete the whole thread OR move the thread to benchracers. I believe if the starter of a thread does not like the way their thread is going in all forums except benchracers, he should be able to move it himself. Personally I'd call it the trashbin. So fellow posters, lets come together and help save this forum by policing ourselves. Next is I believe we should be able to send anybody that posts on here an email. It should not be allowed to post without being able to recieve emails. people who post trouble should benefit too. Don't let them hide. Budlight

lilrick
03-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Offensive Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have deleted my graphics thread on just jets do to childist posts meant to start trouble. Some people get their jollies slamming other people, whether openly rude or playing with words. The people using this forum know which ones whe're talking about. To save this site from further decline, I offer to the moderators. To give the starter of a thread the option to delete the whole thread OR move the thread to benchracers. I believe if the starter of a thread does not like the way their thread is going in all forums except benchracers, he should be able to move it himself. Personally I'd call it the trashbin. So fellow posters, lets come together and help save this forum by policing ourselves. Next is I believe we should be able to send anybody that posts on here an email. It should not be allowed to post without being able to recieve emails. people who post trouble should benefit too. Don't let them hide. Budlight
I understand where you're coming from, yet on the other hand if you let the hecklers get to you , they've won! The truth is, you are turning out some great work and somebody is jealous. They're taking cheap shots and it sucks but just laugh it off!!:D I personally like vinyl and it's all over my boat!

Squirtin Thunder
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
I understand where you're coming from, yet on the other hand if you let the hecklers get to you , they've won! The truth is, you are turning out some great work and somebody is jealous. They're taking cheap shots and it sucks but just laugh it off!!:D I personally like vinyl and it's all over my boat!
Ricky I have more on mine :yuk:
BTW-Pat give me your # so I can call you latter.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys Budlight

lilrick
03-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Lets test the moderator and see if he's watching! Squirtin' Thunder is a homo!!!!!!!:D hehehe!!!! hands off fellas !He's all mine!:boxingguy:

steelcomp
03-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Pat, I think that's a reasonable idea and suggestion. There are some other sites that I post on that have ZERO tolerance for any drama in the technical areas, no questions asked, you're gone. It's wher you'll fing the top names and thinkers posting who haven't got time for the crap. ***boat's a little (lot) more "liberal" than most sites for that. Sorry you had some trouble.
I also think that if the vinyl is good enough for $1mil cup cars, it's good enough for boats. Yours was pretty awsome.
I understand where you're coming from, yet on the other hand if you let the hecklers get to you , they've won! Lil' Rick is right, but it dosen't take letting them get to you for them to ruin a thread. Some threads are controversial, and breed the drama, but for ones like you posted, it's just uncalled for. Seems there's been a number ot "troublemakers" here lately, and I wish the moderators would do a little better jopb of keeping things more to topic. It's pretty clear when someone's purely trying to start trouble.
:coffeycup

signmaster
03-19-2006, 08:56 AM
its a good thing vinyl doesnt come on jet skis, crotchbikes, snowmobiles, boats , cars , airplanes, semis etc or it would have wax lines and be pealing off :idea: oh wait it doesnt! oh and tel all our customers that get there vinyl stripped and relettered that its faded and shiny where the old stuff was but you just cant see it because its {BUFFED OUT NOW!}
I hate the thought of someone giving up jetboating because everyone made it suck for them. lets wait til we see the finished product I think it could look very cool if layed out right.

Wicked Performance Boats
03-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I believe I've found a solution to the problem till a moderator can police the troublemakers. I'll pm you later Steel BL

Jeanyus
03-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I think your decal Idea was a good one. I can't tell you how many times I have looked at a boat for sale, and said to myself I would buy this thing except for the skull and cross bones painted on the bow. I,m not a pirate anymore and dont need a skull on my boat.
Don't let the trouble makers get too you, your building nice boats. Keep up the good work.
PS anyone who rigs a boat, with car seats in front and a couch for a backseat, should STOP rigging boats.

Floored
03-19-2006, 11:21 AM
remember that you are making what they dream of owning!!

Ken F
03-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I agree with Wicked. There needs to be some sort of method to curtail all the negativity and slamming. It's totally unnescessary.
I've been coming here for a long time, and I've seen several professional people with lots of knowlege to share (and who were willing to do so) just quit posting because of all the bullcrap that goes on here.....our loss.
What about the old 3-strike rule? If you respond to anyone in a rude, offensive or sarcastic way...that's one. The stars would show up under your screen name. Three strikes and you are out for 1 week.
Ken F

Squirtin Thunder
03-19-2006, 12:55 PM
I agree with Wicked. There needs to be some sort of method to curtail all the negativity and slamming. It's totally unnescessary.
I've been coming here for a long time, and I've seen several professional people with lots of knowlege to share (and who were willing to do so) just quit posting because of all the bullcrap that goes on here.....our loss.
What about the old 3-strike rule? If you respond to anyone in a rude, offensive or sarcastic way...that's one. The stars would show up under your screen name. Three strikes and you are out for 1 week.
Ken F
Wow, Ken that is a great idea !!!

old rigger
03-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Ken F
Let's not to forget to add to your 3 strikes rule members who shamlessly and endlessly throw up self promoting posts for the purpose of raising money, sponsership, spaming, unrelenting self quoting and the selling of untested products.
Those are far more annoying that reading a pissing match between two members.

Squirtin Thunder
03-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Let's not to forget to add to your 3 strikes rule members who shamlessly and endlessly throw up self promoting posts for the purpose of raising money, sponsership, spaming, unrelenting self quoting and the selling of untested products.
That is why there is a Spam thread. :cool:

cc555
03-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I Posted My Mtr For Sale On The Spam Page.. I Said It Pushed My Jet 110mph.. The First Three Responses Were, Another 100 Mph Jet-oh And The Jets A Heavy Hull Too- Oh Maybe I Should Trade Off My V-drive For One Of Those... Pretty Lame!! It Was An Ad For A All Alluminum Blown Bbc-->motor<--slamming My Jet??? Nice Response To A Motor Ad!!!! Guess I Should Have Posted It On Benchracers!!stupid Thing Is I Own 2 V-drives Just The Same As I Own 2 Jets!! I Deleted My Ad! I Like The Graffics Budlight, Its Different!! Ide Also Own That Boat With A Smile!!! I Agree With Your Statements!!

smash
03-19-2006, 04:17 PM
who gives a shit what the sheep around here think about your stuff. If you don't have the same as them they can't handle it so fu ck them and their slow ass shit

Wicked Performance Boats
03-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep slamming suks. To each their own. Otherwise everyone would de driving the same boat with the same stuff on it. It's personal taste and the amount you have to spend. Many years ago after a divorce I would take my junk out to the lake, I was starting over and would get crap from other boaters cuz my shiat suked. Old beat up truck and a crappy jet boat. 10 grand paint, vinyl graffix, spray can stripes- whatever. Let me clear up my statement- I do not think vinyl is a step above spray paint, The point is have fun doing whatever works for you. I did the vinyl deal on a few boats, the stuff is awesome, it's paint on the vinyl!!!! Plus you can peel it off if you are selling and want to open up your market abililty, or not. Wicked if your building boats and the price is more affordable with graffix then you just opened up a good market for yourself, folks can afford an awesome boat. A cool paint/graffix scheme to their taste or they can give you BIG bucks on gel if they like. Your offering everyone the opportunity to show off their style.
Hey you guys in Vegas/Henderson I flew in last night and ate a Carrabbas Italian- killer food!!!
Denis
Denis, I'm offended, You should have called for a get together. J/k hope you had a good time. Budlight

Brooski
03-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Budlight. I think that is a great idea, and that is great for you to offer it up and share it with all of us here. Some people just cant keep their negative opinions to themselves. Maybe a suggestion to the moderators could be that the starter of a positive thread could have the right to delete posts that are negative.... Hopefully we will "run into each other" in May. Oh yeah, I forgot you are stripping my boat at Big Bend..... :p

WUTWZAT
03-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Yeah at least in the second type of thread we can get the popcorn out and be entertained cheaply at anothers expense. :crossx:

Wicked Performance Boats
03-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Hey Budlight. I think that is a great idea, and that is great for you to offer it up and share it with all of us here. Some people just cant keep their negative opinions to themselves. Maybe a suggestion to the moderators could be that the starter of a positive thread could have the right to delete posts that are negative.... Hopefully we will "run into each other" in May. Oh yeah, I forgot you are stripping my boat at Big Bend..... :p
Brookski, Please polish all your boat parts before May! Makes my job easier. Budlight

flat broke
03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Offensive Posts
Personaly, I disagree with your ideas for a couple of reasons. First the ability for a thread starter to delete a thread is the biggest chicken$hit feature I have seen on most forums. I can't count the number of times someone has come on this forum or any of the others that I visit, and posted up a "call out" thread bashing someone else. Then when the called out party airs their side of the story, all of the sudden billybadass doesn't like how his attempt to flame someone went sideways and he pulls the thread down. Additionally, along the way in any given thread, there may have been some usefull information to someone; be it information on who not to/to do business with, some tech tidbit etc. Someone down the road might benefit from the posted information, or at the very least gain insight into some of the board "perosnalities".
Second, your idea that members should have to allow email directly, conflicts and circumvents the idea of public dispersal of knowledge. Again, defering to past exerperiences and observations, I can recount multiple occaisions where someone says something on the boards, and the next thing you know they are getting death threats etc. in their email. On top of that, I'm a curious little bugger and all too often I see threads where the tone changed dramatically without anything being posted. Something was obviously emailed or PM'd that was a catalyst and I feel we should get to see all sides of the story. Ask anyone who has had verbal scuffles with me. I don't hide my trash behind the scenes in a PM or email. I air it here so that others either benefit from the exchange (pleasant or not) or can choose to ignore it. There is enough in life that happens behind the curtain. I don't think we should be asking for people to step in and take more opportunities to occlude what transpires.
Now to address what will surely be the rebuttal that, "a man should be able to stand behind his statement" or something to that effect. I agree, if I run some big smack on someone, I better have the sack to back my play. My email is public, lots of people know how to get a hold of me, so obviously I'm not hiding anything in that regard. But from the observers seat, I like watching the ENTIRE thread play out, not part here, then guess about the part made via pm/email. Additionally, once things go the private email route, it is very easy for folks to deny receipts, claim they didn't send it, so on and so forth. Plublicity is a good check towards accountability. I know for 100% certain that there have been emails sent by people contributing to this thread that threatened or hinted at the threat of violence. Peronsally, I'd rather see those threats made out in public so everyone else can know what kind of person their sharing their information with.
Chris

promod
03-20-2006, 02:29 PM
keep up the good work and keep ya head high,keep showing us your hard work, us who do this type of boat building for fun much less working a full time job like to see your products keeping them coming and the vinyl is great idea like you said different boat every year lol :idea: