PDA

View Full Version : What was I thinking?

beyondhelpin
08-18-2003, 07:38 PM
After yesterday I am thinking maybe I should change the name of my boat. The name of the boat is "Checkered Past" . Yesterday I was pulled over for doing 63 MPH in a 40 MPH zone right after leaving the lake. BTW we had been drinking just a little to much. Not drunk but definitely a serious buzz. Stepped back to the patrol car. He is pretty cool. Points out the fine is $225 but that he is only going to give me a warning. He looks up and reads the name on the boat and his demeanor changes. Says the name in a sarcastic manner. I try to explain a racing theme to him. He has bullshit written all over his face! Now he is eyeballing me. UH OH! Then he tells me to just get back in my truck and lets me go! WOW!
But above and beyond that......my daughter is 14. She was 11 when I named the boat and believed my story. Does she still believe my story? Don't know but gonna change the name anyway. Parents of her friends that go with us......dont know if they have noticed the name or not but have never said anything!
Wife came up with a good name on the way home from the lake yesterday "Chillin the Most" What do you think? Pretty good for a quick new name!
The old name seemed pretty cool when we name it but now just feels kinda lame. What was I thinking!

Moneypitt
08-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Just take the loop off the P, making it an F, Checkered Fast, put a couple of cross flags near the name..Past problem solved....Chillin the most sucks, unless you are refering to the ice chest aboard, which may draw LE attention on the water. ....Moneypitt

BajaMike
08-18-2003, 09:11 PM
'Checkered Fast' is cool! I like that idea....with the checkered flags.
burningm
Mike

HighRoller
08-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Only if it's an Eliminator.......

Ziggy
08-19-2003, 04:31 PM
beyondhelpin:
The name of the boat is "Checkered Past" . Thought I saw the same name on a boat in Havasu this past weekend...checkers on the rear portion of boat too.
-Checkered Fast- sounds like an easy and cool fix.
-Chillin'- alone would be ok, leave the rest of phrase off.
We're dealing with chosing a new name for our new boat..we've started a list and will compile many before making it happen. Last boat took us nearly three years to decide on the right one :rolleyes: Hopefully we'll come up with something unique a little quicker this time around. wink
[ August 19, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

coolerguy
08-19-2003, 04:45 PM
Chillin the Most??? You must have been listening to Cowboy by Kid Rock. :cool:

Froggystyle
08-19-2003, 04:48 PM
coolerguy:
Chillin the Most??? You must have been listening to Cowboy by Kid Rock. :cool: Along with every other guy who named a boat that within the last 5 years.
That has no doubt surpassed "Blue Bayou" or "Aquaholic" as the most seen name.

CA Stu
08-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Froggystyle:
coolerguy:
Chillin the Most??? You must have been listening to Cowboy by Kid Rock. :cool: Along with every other guy who named a boat that within the last 5 years.
That has no doubt surpassed "Blue Bayou" or "Aquaholic" as the most seen name. Or the most tired name of all time : "Wet Dream"
Puh-leeze :rolleyes:
CA Stu

GrapeApe
08-19-2003, 05:07 PM
What about "Checkered Pass" ... just s thought.. I actually named my boat spur of the moment as the decal guy was standing there. We went with "ESCA LAID" with a nice Cadillac emblem in the middle.. The motor is from the escalade, 6 Liter VORTEC, so thats what gave me the quick name.. It turned out nice...
*** Grape Ape***

Infomaniac
08-19-2003, 06:17 PM
I would name it "Illegal" in memory of the other night.
The Cougar is named "Nothing Else Matters" Cool song to go along with it.
Maybe "Ex Fed" ? (Inside Joke)

mickeyfinn
08-19-2003, 06:59 PM
wonder what reaction you would get if you named it F$ck OFF!!!

beyondhelpin
08-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Yea it is of of Kid Rock. Hell I thought it was original. Figures we would think something that is original is played out! Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
How about Miss B. Haven. Thats original! :D :D
I am not changing it for the police. But I am sure I will be questioned about it by my daughter or one of her friends soon. Just not really the signals I want to send to them. They get enough bad ones from seeing us and our friends partying on the water!
Checkered Fast sounds cool but unless I can back up the name with say triple digits on the water (I can only hit 99.5 MPH :D ) I will keep looking.
Damn just started looking and I am already burnt on it.
Info
Nice inside play on words. :D
[ August 19, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: beyondhelpin ]

GlastronGuy
08-19-2003, 08:23 PM
It's supposed to be bad luck to change the name of a boat.

al cole'holic
08-19-2003, 08:28 PM
They are very nice when they pull me over in "ColeCaine", yeah right.... :D

beyondhelpin
08-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Damn it was just going to cost me at most a C note to fix my little problem. Now I have to just buy a new boat?! Hell just thinking about changing the name is going to cost me more than I can afford with the new boat and all. Glastron you might be right!

al cole'holic
08-19-2003, 08:37 PM
..hahaha, you could name her "Mrs. Demeanor" :D

beyondhelpin
08-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Or maybe "Convicts Cuddy". Wife originaly came up with the name "My Other Bitch" Pretty cool of her!

RiverKitty
08-19-2003, 09:15 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/414Chillin.jpg

BajaMike
08-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Damn just started looking and I am already burnt on it.
Info
Nice inside play on words. :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
argue
Hey, Beyond....
Did you say "burnt on it"..
I like that name....
:confused:
Good luck,
Mike
[ August 19, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: BajaMike ]