PDA

View Full Version : Boat Covers

RotorHead
07-12-2003, 12:30 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm one of the unfortunate few that has to keep my boat outside. For the short term, I picked up a cheap Tyvec cover out of Overtons. They do not stand up to the WX at all. Any other long term suggestions without breaking the bank? Thanks in advance.

spectratoad
07-12-2003, 12:33 PM
I bought a heavy canvas one at cope & mcpheters for 180 I think. That was a couple years ago

jlnorthrup122
07-12-2003, 12:36 PM
Go search Ebay they have em for around 100.00 bucks also it would be a good idea to build a little frame to put underthe cover to keep the water frome collecting in the intierior! also try walmart! Don't do those cheap ass blue tarps they are abreasive when the wind moves em around I had an old lowrider monte that I pirmered grey and the tarp wore the primer down to a shine!!

BGMAN203
07-12-2003, 12:39 PM
I know here in so cal, Home Depot is having a sale on some galvanized framed canopies. they sell them big enough to drive a boat under, provide good shade all around and they are not too expensive. I would also buy some 5 gallon buckets from them along with some cement and set the legs in it so the shit don't blow away. Just my $.02