TOBTEK
06-06-2003, 01:15 AM
FINALLY.....ITS DONE. UNTILL THE OFF SEASON THAT IS :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/135golfcartpics_005-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/135golfcartpics_006-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/135golfcartpics_007-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/135golfcartpics_003-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/135golfcartpics_004-med.jpg
you cant really see in the pics just how much glitter is in it, the blue candy/glitter flames are bling bling........
[ June 06, 2003, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: TOBTEK ]

boatnam2
06-06-2003, 01:46 AM
tobek looks as though you dont need a cart anymore.

JetBoatRich
06-06-2003, 05:14 AM
That is pretty cool, ready for for a round of golf :D

Boatmaster
06-06-2003, 05:59 AM
Tob that thing looks sweet, I need one for Disco Bay.

TOBTEK
06-06-2003, 06:41 AM
boatnam2:
tobek looks as though you dont need a cart anymore. I want to built yours for my soon-2-be wife or a buddy wants it if she doesn't. If we keep it for her, I want to do a "BARBIE" cart. All pink with faint gost flames, and fluffy white seats and boa fur around the sunshade...kinda like a "legally blonde" thing going on....and if my friend rick gets it, ill post when im done. BIG,BIG plans. So, question of the day how much $$$$$ can I get from mr BIG for this. We can all even say HE came up with the idea for the paint scheme......we've heard that before :rolleyes: :rolleyes: wink :D

mbrown2
06-06-2003, 07:01 AM
Toby, that thing looks sick...great job.

kab
06-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Toby, very nice cart. How come your cowling doesnt look the same??

TOBTEK
06-06-2003, 07:52 AM
kab:
Toby, very nice cart. How come your cowling doesnt look the same?? PAINTED COWLS=GAY........J/K :D ,I'LL Be bringing it home next trip out there. HMMMMMMM, YOU GOING OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND? Maybe you could bring it back idea

kab
06-06-2003, 08:19 AM
I WOULD BUT I WONT BE OUT THERE UNTIL THE FOLLOWING THRUSDAY. IF YOU WANT I WILL BRING IT HOME ON THE 17TH. UNPAINTED COWLS=GAY :D

mbrown2
06-06-2003, 08:19 AM
So Toby, what would you charge me to paint my cart?
[ June 06, 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Charley
06-06-2003, 08:21 AM
That thing is sweet!!!! who copied my paint job? JK :D

H2on22
06-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Nice tribal. Can that thing pull your boat or Charley's boat :D What a match that would be.
[ June 06, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: H2on22 ]

ROZ
06-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Don't ya love plastic tape and neighbors who don't like the sweet candy smell wink :D
Is the metalflake in the clear, or in each color?
Looks good Toby!

TOBTEK
06-06-2003, 10:48 AM
ROZ:
Don't ya love plastic tape and neighbors who don't like the sweet candy smell wink :D
Is the metalflake in the clear, or in each color?
Looks good Toby! ROZ...its actual Ablone color glitter(couple different colors of fine glitter) I put in HOUSE OF COLOR base clear over a white base. then mask off the white areas, then lay a transparent blue candy over the glitter base. Kinda time consuming but worth it when seen in the sun light. OH yeah, and lots and lots of PPG 2021 clear..I estimate about 2.5 gallons at this point. In the off season im gonna do some more clear, there are a few spots im not happy with...BUT im sick of working on it right now.

woodster
06-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Hey Tob do u paint helmets? Im looking for someone to paint my MX helmet.

TOBTEK
06-06-2003, 02:46 PM
woodster:
Hey Tob do u paint helmets? Im looking for someone to paint my MX helmet. I used to paint tons of helmets, BUT for what the paint now costs eek! (thanks alot XFACTOR wink ) And for the time it takes to do it correctly, I think im gonna try to do carts and outboard cowls only. In this new body I have roughly 600.00 in JUST MATERIALS cry this stuff is getting big time expensive! The problem I was having was getting enough money for a helmet paint job to even make it remotley worth the time to do it. When I had my last bike(2002 yz250 :D ) I had TROYLEE DESIGNS paint me a helmet, just cause he is the man. I spent 900.00 for the helmet paint plus the 400ish for the new VFX and was very disapointed in how it turned out(they just didnt take the time to do it right, they are mass production). You could fill EVERY tape/pin line and had many flaw's. For that kind of money for a very simple paint job it should have been flawless. Now I have been in his showroom a few times, some of his stuff is incredible....the orig design I gave the gal up there was 2500.00 to paint eek! .....yeeeeeh thats gonna happen :rolleyes: .

Lakeshow
06-06-2003, 02:57 PM
That thing is sweet!!!! who copied my paint job? JK I Thought you had copied mine. j/k argue :D
The cart looks great - just the right amount of flames and color!

Mandelon
06-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Damn, that is sweet looking. :cool: :cool: How about a set of water misters connected to a pressurized tank for the lid, to keep you cool.

woodster
06-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Hey Tob we just picked up a cart as well.. Maybe u can give me a price on painting it. Ill PM u with a picture once we pick it up.. Its still being built

TOBTEK
06-06-2003, 04:30 PM
woodster:
Hey Tob we just picked up a cart as well.. Maybe u can give me a price on painting it. Ill PM u with a picture once we pick it up.. Its still being built What are you having done to it? And who is building it? did you go with EZ-GO, yamaha, or Club? Have you seen the trick front syspension kits in the bargin trader for $995.00, I need it.Id love to have a new Yamaha, they are by far the trickest made right now, But you would have to have KAB's wallet eek! :D
what do you want/how wild do you want the paint job? I have a extra set of plastic for a newer EZ-GO, So if im painting someone's cart they wont be down and out. idea And if someone is building it right now, get it painted now before its done.

wntitall
06-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Tobtek,
AWESOME!!!!! jawdrop jawdrop

woodster
06-07-2003, 08:55 AM
TOBTEK:
woodster:
Hey Tob we just picked up a cart as well.. Maybe u can give me a price on painting it. Ill PM u with a picture once we pick it up.. Its still being built What are you having done to it? And who is building it? did you go with EZ-GO, yamaha, or Club? Have you seen the trick front syspension kits in the bargin trader for $995.00, I need it.Id love to have a new Yamaha, they are by far the trickest made right now, But you would have to have KAB's wallet eek! :D
what do you want/how wild do you want the paint job? I have a extra set of plastic for a newer EZ-GO, So if im painting someone's cart they wont be down and out. idea And if someone is building it right now, get it painted now before its done. Its an EzGo club car 48v.Theres a place in sandiego called equipment solutions that builds carts. Its gonna be pretty trick. Billet removable steering wheel,carbon fiber dash,prerunner bumpers, back seat flips over to put a cooler on,diamond plate sides,the big wheels(cant remember what size :rolleyes: )5" lift and the guys painting it metallic blue. Only because when u buy one from him it includes a paint job. But i want it to match the boat somewhat so ill have to email u a pic of the boat.

TOBTEK
06-07-2003, 09:21 AM
woodster:
TOBTEK:
woodster:
what do you want/how wild do you want the paint job? I have a extra set of plastic for a newer EZ-GO, So if im painting someone's cart they wont be down and out. idea And if someone is building it right now, get it painted now before its done. Its an EzGo club car 48v.Theres a place in sandiego called equipment solutions that builds carts. Its gonna be pretty trick. Billet removable steering wheel,carbon fiber dash,prerunner bumpers, back seat flips over to put a cooler on,diamond plate sides,the big wheels(cant remember what size :rolleyes: )5" lift and the guys painting it metallic blue. Only because when u buy one from him it includes a paint job. But i want it to match the boat somewhat so ill have to email u a pic of the boat. You should ask them IF they dont paint it, how much less expensive the whole package will cost. You might be able to get a more custom paint job for just a bit more idea ...plus some paint arent compatable, would be a bummer to do something over the paint they put on and have a cemicial reaction. It sucks stripping all the paint off and starting all over, trust me I've had to do it before....it blows!

missboatnam1
06-07-2003, 09:34 AM
tobtek, thats so sweet looking, i love the idea you have for your soon to be wife, thats such a sweet thing to do for her :) :)

No Regrets
06-07-2003, 09:54 AM
Nice cart-
If you guys could pass on that S Diego company or any other, I'm in the process of building my Yamaha beater into a custom. I need Billet wheel, diamond plate rockers, custom roll bar & canvas shade- if any of you know where I can find this kinda stuff, I'd appreciate it.
Thanx in advance.

BIGTYME
06-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Here is my old cart. i had it painted by strait edge in corona. cost me 1200 for paint w/metalflake and a custom aluminum dash
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/684scotty02-med.jpg
[ June 07, 2003, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: BIGTYME ]

TOBTEK
06-07-2003, 10:25 AM
No Regrets:
Nice cart-
If you guys could pass on that S Diego company or any other, I'm in the process of building my Yamaha beater into a custom. I need Billet wheel, diamond plate rockers, custom roll bar & canvas shade- if any of you know where I can find this kinda stuff, I'd appreciate it.
Thanx in advance. you might want to call RAINBOW CUSTOM CARS up in Corona.ca. Im not sure if they deal much with YAMAHA carts, but a good source. Also try EBAY, about 20 pages of golfcart parts :D maybe even try looking through a web brouser like "dogpile" under yamaha golfcart? I have found tons of info on the good ole internet! Good luck....tobtek

BIGTYME
06-07-2003, 10:26 AM
if you live in san diego do not use cottonwood carts. overpriced with terrible service. always go to cart mart in san marcos, way better selection and better prices

TOBTEK
06-07-2003, 10:30 AM
BIGTYME:
Here is my old cart. i had it painted by strait edge in corona. cost me 1200 for paint w/metalflake and a custom aluminum dash
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/684scotty02-med.jpg $1200.00 thats a bargin! especialy if it turned out well. How much clear, color sanding, buffing, finishing was done? can you fill any of the pinstrips or tape lines???? please dont think im BAGGING on your paint, just currious what other guys are doing for the money. Can you imagine how much TROYLEE would charge to one of these?????? eek!

TOBTEK
06-07-2003, 10:33 AM
BIGTYME:
if you live in san diego do not use cottonwood carts. overpriced with terrible service. always go to cart mart in san marcos, way better selection and better prices hey, where are they at? Im in San marcos. Haven't heard of them!

woodster
06-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Ya cartmart is a good place or equipment solutions.. There down on morena blvd in sandiego.He carries verything u could possibly want to put on a cart.

BIGTYME
06-07-2003, 12:21 PM
tobtek, they are on i think it is bent ave. in san marcos

BIGTYME
06-07-2003, 12:25 PM
tobtek,
The paint job is very high quality. I have seen several paint jobs on carts,buggies...etc. the paint job was phenomenal. It only saw the desert and that sand is a nightmare on a paintjob. i had it in the sand for 2 years and when I waxed it i would have min. 2 peeps stopping they're cars at my house to see it. It would almost hurt your eyes to look at it on a sunny day!