PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jetboat Brian

Craig
07-02-2003, 03:52 AM
I have to go to Atlanta for 5 days, unfortunately, all during the week, we're staying in Norcross. Any lakes around there? If we get out early one day I might have to ditch the boring engineer boys and just scope out some water :)
[ July 02, 2003, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

Jbb
07-02-2003, 05:17 AM
The closest lake to Norcross is also our biggest and nicest lake ...Lake Sidney Lanier...Perhaps 45 min away....Norcross is right on Interstate 85...Follow it to Interstate 985 ..take it North and watch for Lake Lanier exits ....572Daytona lives on, and owns that lake ...Perhaps you and he could hookup,as he is semi retired, and very wealthy!!!!..and owns a large fleet of boats
[ July 02, 2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: JETBOAT BRIAN ]

Craig
07-02-2003, 05:41 AM
How far is Norcross from the airport? Sounds like an interesting lake, hmmm, we have three days to watch a mock-up of a job were doing this fall with a company called WSI, maybe it won't take all three days........
Craig

572Daytona
07-02-2003, 06:28 AM
JETBOAT BRIAN:
The closest lake to Norcross is also our biggest and nicest lake ...Lake Sidney Lanier...Perhaps 45 min away....Norcross is right on Interstate 85...Follow it to Interstate 985 ..take it North and watch for Lake Lanier exits ....572Daytona lives on, and owns that lake ...Perhaps you and he could hookup,as he is semi retired, and very wealthy!!!!..and owns a large fleet of boats Yeah right...look who is talking Mister TwoBoatsBrian. Norcross is probably about 45minutes from the airport (or more if you hit traffic). Here is a quick map overview. I live on the Northwest part of the Lake, up in deliverance country near the line between Dawson and Forsyth County. JBB's palacial residence is on the northwest side of Atlanta (where all of the rich an famous live) and closer to Lake Altoona. What days are your conference.
http://home.alltel.net/jthieme/image_map.gif

sorry dog
07-02-2003, 06:51 AM
I was passin through the other day and wanted to get some photos of JBB before RD goes on his board sabbatical, but I figured he'd just be working his 4th job to pay for the props he's gotta buy and visiting my mother came first.
Maybe next time....
JBB - you going to the Gadsden races (26th and 27th) this year?
I can't go on Sat but planning on making it Sunday.
BTW 572- I'd take your trailer park brethren way before those yankee range rover drivin pricks tooling around buckhead.
[ July 02, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: sorry dog ]

572Daytona
07-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Hunter, I'm with you on the country folk...I'd much rather live up here than in the city. And with the gun/capita ratio up here it keeps the crime rate way down :) Oh and in case you didn't know Range Rovers are out and Hummers are in. I hear JBB was pricing out an H2 the other day so he could keep up with the neighbors.

Jbb
07-02-2003, 08:15 AM
You got it all wrong ...I be livin in the ghetto
Hunter I am going to Gadsden and Augusta .....I will be the guy with the hat on... :D
As for pictures of me?...You never need to look any further than my profile!
572...Get real son ...you probably spend more on gas for your fleet of boats than I earn in a whole year greeting people at the Hiram Wal Mart... :D

Tom Brown
07-02-2003, 08:28 AM
572Daytona:
Yeah right...look who is talking Mister TwoBoatsBrian. Norcross is probably about 45minutes from the airport (or more if you hit traffic). Here is a quick map overview. I live on the Northwest part of the Lake, up in deliverance country near the line between Dawson and Forsyth County. JBB's palacial residence is on the northwest side of Atlanta (where all of the rich an famous live) and closer to Lake Altoona. What days are your conference.
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/AtlantaMap.gif If it wasn't for you two guys, I would love to come down there and visit one day too.

Craig
07-02-2003, 09:07 AM
572, our gig is this coming Mon-Friday. Fly in Mon, out Friday. I'm hoping our demo doesn't take three damn days! Be nice to finish it up Wed. and have Thurs. to goof off!

572Daytona
07-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Sounds good Craig, I'm working next week but I work out of the house. I'll send you a PM with my email and phone if you do end up getting some free time you can get in touch.

Ziggy
07-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey, I've been in Norcross a few times for training seminars too.. HQ for Saab Cars is there.
What's that big granite rock/Mntn there? Do they still do the laser light show on it?
We never had the time to travel the local areas while there, wished we had though. Love all the trees but hate the traffic, worse than it is here in So.Cal.

Jbb
07-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Ziggy:
Hey, I've been in Norcross a few times for training seminars too.. HQ for Saab Cars is there.
What's that big granite rock/Mntn there? Do they still do the laser light show on it?
We never had the time to travel the local areas while there, wished we had though. Love all the trees but hate the traffic, worse than it is here in So.Cal. That would be Stone Mountain Park...Nightly Lazer shows.....
Stone Mountain Park! (http://www.stonemountainpark.com/newsite/default.asp)

572Daytona
07-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Nice Tom - Eagle Eye JBB pointed out a "subtle" change that you made to the map I posted. I didn't realize that we were supposed to be playing spot the differences. Did anyone else notice the change? lol.

Tom Brown
07-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Holy shit, Brian! :D :D :D
Do you have nothing better to do than micro audit every post with an eye loupe?

Jbb
07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Tom Brown:
Holy shit, Brian! :D :D :D
Do you have nothing better to do than micro audit every post with an eye loupe? I told you I had my eye on you Brown..... wink

Holy Tera
07-02-2003, 10:34 PM
It's all those paint fumes Tom, they give him delusions...but it's a wonder Brian can even SEE the map!
Okay, so I noticed that the river connects Lake Altoona and Lake Lanier: how far is it across there for you guys to scoot across and meet up? And which route is better for a prop boat? Or do you just pour in some of that moonshine ya'll make up there and fly across? idea
[ July 02, 2003, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Holy Tera ]

Holy Tera
07-02-2003, 10:41 PM
I just noticed something about that map: I assume that you would take the Southeast fork to Brian's wouldn't ya Daytona? I mean, if you take the Jetboats Suck route you might get there by next month sometime! :p