View Full Version : Polka Dots..

Jbb
05-09-2003, 05:40 AM
This is happening near where I work...lol
MAN PAINTS HOUSE LIME GREEN WITH PURPLE POLKA DOTS IN DISPUTE
HOW DO YOU LIKE IT NOW?
Angry homeowner paints a colorful protest
By KAREN HILL
When the Avondale Estates Historic Preservation Commission wouldn't approve plans for a rounded stoop on a house Stan Pike owns on Kensington Road, he had it painted this way in protest.
Stan Pike believes that if you can't beat City Hall, you can at least go down swinging -- and in his case, that means with a paint brush.
The Avondale Estates man lost his bid Monday night to get that city's Historic Preservation Commission to approve his plan to add a rounded front stoop to a house he's renovating on Kensington Road.
Pike said it was the second time in two months that he had wrangled with the board over changes to the house.
The commission didn't like the proposed designs for the house, Pike said. No member of the commission could be reached for comment. City Manager Warren Hutmacher said commission meeting minutes don't show why the commission rejected Pike's request.
Pike stewed about it Tuesday, then went to work Wednesday morning.
He called two painters. By day's end they had painted the front of the house lime green, then added large, purple polka dots.
It's quite a sight in the quiet, small town known for its tasteful residential neighborhoods.
"It's certainly making a point," said resident Karen Horace, as she lingered in her car Wednesday at the four-way stop in front of the house.
Horace added that the six-person Historic Preservation Commission, which must approve renovation plans submitted to City Hall, "does have a reputation for being a little difficult sometimes." She recalled another neighbor who got a letter from the commission scolding him for tacky yard decorations.
Pike seems to enjoy being a little difficult himself. With a large smile, he told gawkers at the lime-green house that he's amended his list of chores to next include scattering old toilets, filled with geraniums, around the front yard.
The uproar left Hutmacher, just three months on the job, scrambling to find out if he can make Pike repaint the house its original white color.
So far no luck. The city attorney was out of town Wednesday and Hutmacher's staff was continuing to comb through the law books.
Horace, who lives nearby, said she would vote for the more dignified white. "I support the man's protest, but please, that's gotta go," she said.
Pike isn't budging. He actually lives in another house in Avondale and bought this one for $180,000 to renovate and resell.
"I'm fighting them and I'm not through," he said. "I might leave it this way forever. I might just live in it."
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/picturejokes/9844.jpg

diggler
05-09-2003, 06:19 AM
JETBOAT BRIAN:
This is happening near where I work...lol
I think he'll be able to leave it. To hell with city councils that can dictate appropriate "taste" in what is/is not acceptable. God I hate neighborhood covenants also. ARRGGGHH!

Windy
05-09-2003, 07:14 AM
I saw that house on the news last nite.

AZKC
05-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Me to
KC

voodooCanoe
05-09-2003, 07:54 AM
I love it!, you screwa' with me - I screwa' with you!

SAMMIJO
05-09-2003, 09:56 PM
MissHBjet:
I saw that house on the news last nite. You mean you watch something educational? I'm proud of you! Is this because you're trying not to sound so stupid or is it just because there were no cartoons on that late?

Frosty_pop
05-09-2003, 09:59 PM
SAMMIJO:
MissHBjet:
I saw that house on the news last nite. You mean you watch something educational? I'm proud of you! Is this because you're trying not to sound so stupid or is it just because there were no cartoons on that late? Does this bitch ever stop? Talk about an insecurity problem.

Windy
05-09-2003, 10:00 PM
SAMMIJO:
You mean you watch something educational? I'm proud of you! Is this because you're trying not to sound so stupid or is it just because there were no cartoons on that late? I can afford cable so I get Cartoon Network whenever I want SloppySlop.

SAMMIJO
05-09-2003, 10:02 PM
Frosty_pop:
SAMMIJO:
MissHBjet:
I saw that house on the news last nite. You mean you watch something educational? I'm proud of you! Is this because you're trying not to sound so stupid or is it just because there were no cartoons on that late? Does this bitch ever stop? Talk about an insecurity problem. No insecurity here. I'm not the one watching the news to get my education. duh

Kim Hanson
05-09-2003, 10:08 PM
MissHBjet:
SAMMIJO:
You mean you watch something educational? I'm proud of you! Is this because you're trying not to sound so stupid or is it just because there were no cartoons on that late? I can afford cable so I get Cartoon Network whenever I want SloppySlop. I need to know whats up with this " SAMMIJO " person that don't seem to leave you alone, I must have missed some posts somewhere when this started......( . )( . )....... :confused:

HBjet
05-09-2003, 10:13 PM
SAMMIJO:
No insecurity here. I'm not the one watching the news to get my education. duh Probably because you can't figure out how to use the damn remote. It's funny how you can talk about one's education, and then end your comment with the word, Duh. Just Classic!
BTW, most educated people do watch the news more often then those who aren't so educated.
I bet you didn't know that, because if you did, you wouldn't have said what you did. It only makes you look like the one who needs education.
I bet your happy that your adult class rooms have internet access so you can BS with us on here huh?
Oh, and let's see one of those educational reply's now. How does it go? Blah, Blah, Blah?
HBjet
[ May 09, 2003, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Kim Hanson
05-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Shit, sorry! I would do the same thing,fight them all the way and put out some fish-tanks and call it your fish pond, get a tow truck to bring you the best piece of shit from the junkyard and plant that in the front also, leaving the hood & trunk open.Get a couple garbage Lazy Boys and put them out front on some pallets and call it your deck.........( . )( . )....I really hate assholes that tell you what to do with your own property.
My next door asshole tells me to turn down my sprinkler if it is hitting his house..like it is going to kill it or something, last time I got to use my fire pit in the backyard was about 5 years ago, smoke goes into his windows and he just can't have that! So I move the ****ing pit and he still bitch's about the smell of smoke!
What I did was cut up garden hose all 50 feet of her and produced some smoke,neighbors came after awhile to see if my house was on fire, he hates loud music too! Well my computer room faces his kitchen window,I went and bought alot of subs and speakers and keep it cranked all the time and now, I can kep my window open for the old **** to hear..I'am not even started with this ****.
Boat comes into play soon and if that don't do it,super loud exhaust on the truck...I don't like to give up either devil

Windy
05-09-2003, 10:38 PM
Kim Hanson:
I need to know whats up with this " SAMMIJO " person that don't seem to leave you alone, I must have missed some posts somewhere when this started......( . )( . )....... :confused: Kim I welcomed her to the boards.

Windy
05-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey Kim...
SandyBAREbottom (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002722#000007)
This is where it started.

Rexone
05-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Kim check your PMs

Kim Hanson
05-09-2003, 11:44 PM
I have been reading and that is one screwed up .."whatever".......got the PM Rexone...thanks both of you, I know that she's ****ed in the head..So why does ***boat leave her on here, my bad I'm still here,I have a boat though...( . )( . )..... wink :D

Windy
05-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Kim Hanson:
I have a boat though...( . )( . )..... wink :D Exactly...plus we like you wink

HBjet
05-09-2003, 11:51 PM
MissHBjet:
Kim Hanson:
I have a boat though...( . )( . )..... wink :D Exactly...plus we like you wink I don't!
haha!

Kim Hanson
05-10-2003, 01:00 AM
HBjet:
MissHBjet:
Kim Hanson:
I have a boat though...( . )( . )..... wink :D Exactly...plus we like you wink I don't!
haha! I still remember that time HB-Jet and I would not have done it any different, I just mixed you with up ***boat and then all shit hit the fan, I was fairly new and still never said sorry for my action back then..Sorry for being an ASSHOLE to you
hahaha