PDA

View Full Version : ***boat Forum Access: Cheats from work info

Trailer Park Casanova
07-23-2003, 04:31 PM
I asked the daughter if their's a way to beat server filters that don't allow access to websites from work.
Within minutes she had WEBSENSE beat.
If you have WEBSENSE at work and can't get into ***boatS, try this:
Boatcop.com click on links.
Then click on the; Sharkeymarine icon/ad
Then click on the forum link at the top menu on sharkeysmarine
Then on the ***boat icon/ad
Gets you right in if you have the WEBSENSE blocker.
Anyone else have any cheats for server blockers???:
Her theory is find someone whos in the forum often and click on their site, or their works site if you know it, that is if they have one.
(lot of business/services in this forum are of a common nature and the links tend to flow.)
Then click around 'till it goes through.
Hell, Damfino, it works.
Anymore cheats/:

BajaMike
07-23-2003, 04:35 PM
The problem is, Websense produces reports for your company's network engineer and management, showing the amount of time you spend on the web and what sites you go to, so even if you get around the blocker, it may come back and bite you in the ass.
Just a warning. I'm a network engineer and am familiar with Websense. Our company does not use it but they are considering it.
[ July 23, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: BajaMike ]

sorry dog
07-24-2003, 05:23 AM
what if you used PC anywhere (or something like it) to link to your home computer and look at the forums through a window?
They'll see you are connected but won't know to what and the connection time will be meaningless. Seems like it would keep you from being red handed busted.

XClutchboy725
07-24-2003, 06:03 AM
TightVNC is another good remote control tool, and it's free!

Essex502
07-24-2003, 06:21 AM
So you guys are saying that if the proxy administrators aren't specifically looking for someone in WebSense's reports they won't necessarily catch you? Or can it report high traffic to a site....i.e. listing the top 10 sites visited by employees accessing the internet and the employees proxy accounts?

Trailer Park Casanova
07-24-2003, 06:41 AM
At Kathys office, it just reports a visit to Boat cop, none of the other links.
At friends offices, it just reports the visit to Boatcop. They work for the Government, and can't be fired and don't have to work anyway, so they don't care what it reports.They just want access to this vital and most important source.
Some offices are the same. The filter is there to trip employees up,, but thats as far as any web enforcement goes.
[ July 24, 2003, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

MagicMtnDan
07-24-2003, 06:51 AM
I don't know if this will help at all but what about accessing your AOL account at work and then accessing the Hot Boat Forum that way? Can Websense (or whatever software is being used) see the Web pages you access through AOL?

Essex502
07-24-2003, 06:52 AM
I did a little investigation on WebSense on their web site...it seems it can report on the top URLS visited as well as the users with the most internet usage. Not good.

sorry dog
07-24-2003, 08:13 AM
I don't know if this will help at all but what about accessing your AOL account at work and then accessing the Hot Boat Forum that way I think AOL browser uses standard tcp/ip packets so I would think it would show anyway.
I think the usage number for remote software would be meaningless if the software is running often. They could tell your using it but not much else (or at least without a great deal of effort.)
But I'm probably wrong. I'm too young to actually know anything.
[ July 24, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: sorry dog ]

91nordic29
07-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Essex502:
I did a little investigation on WebSense on their web site...it seems it can report on the top URLS visited as well as the users with the most internet usage. Not good. HOLY CRRAAAP! we all in BIG twuble!

BajaMike
07-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Another good free remote control is "Dameware Mini Remote". Very easy to use, you can install it remotely once you install it on your local workstation. It's at:
http://www.dameware.com/download/default.asp#dmrc