PDA

View Full Version : "Internet Romance???"

RiverKitty
02-23-2003, 11:29 PM
The 20th Century has unleashed a new form of communication between people across the globe, otherwise known as the internet!
I'm curious to know how many of you have met or know anyone who has, found new friends, fallen in love, or even gotten married via the www/internet.
The reason I ask is because a girlfriend of mine that I know from Russia met an American man over the internet 6 years ago. They fell in love and they were married the moment she stepped off the airplane when she arrived in America. They have been happily married for 5 years now.
I also knew a girlfriend in Denver that met her husband over the internet.
I know there are dangers & risks out there.... what is your opinion?
Just Curious.

Wicked1
02-23-2003, 11:42 PM
Ive made some new friends through the net that I actually meet mainly here from the boards but as far as the love thing, it's not for me Id rather see who I can potentially want to have a relationship with first...

Moomawnster
02-24-2003, 12:31 AM
My experience has been that I meet people I never would have without the web and that folks are the same no matter how ya meet them .E-mail frees up SO much time which would normaly be spent traveling or waiting for a phone call ........
are you married Kitty? wink

RiverKitty
02-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Moomawnster:
are you married Kitty? wink Errr....not yet! ;o)
:p

HighRoller
02-24-2003, 12:42 AM
RK,I've met a few girls on the net but to be honest while it started out being really romantic and all that.....I just ended up laying some pipe and that was it.Of course I have the distinction of being the last guy a girl dates before she meets her soul mate!!!

LVjetboy
02-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Dated 5 years, then married and internet sweetheart.
jer

JetBoatRich
02-24-2003, 04:36 AM
Been with my wife 18 years, not from on-line. But met a lot of great people on the boards. Thanks AL GORE :D
[ February 24, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

stump
02-24-2003, 04:58 AM
Met my fiance 3 1/2 yrs ago online .We're getting hitched in july then off to sturgis for honeymoon.She is my soulmate.The story is real weird how things came to be.Life is good!!

boatnam2
02-24-2003, 05:02 AM
missb and i found each other on the internet 3 years now.

Mandelon
02-24-2003, 05:08 AM
Was happily married, then found the internet...... frown

missboatnam1
02-24-2003, 06:41 AM
ahhhh yes, kiss.com......its the way to go!! eek!

diggler
02-24-2003, 07:26 AM
I had some bizarre replys that I would never answer. I had two trans-sexuals, one BIGBIG-BW, One woman in her 50's, and a guy or two. I'm 32 so the 50 year old was out. I ended up dating a gal I met off of one of those internet things and it turns out she was a former lesbian for the past six years. Now I didn't have a problem with that. However, she didn't know how to handle herself around a guy anymore. I had to make sure she understood that - yes, this is real, and no, batteries do not go in there. :)
River-Kitty, you're a hotty! (How's that for internet romance?)
[ February 24, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: diggler ]

Liberator TJ1984
02-24-2003, 07:31 AM
:D

Liberator TJ1984
02-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Hell lets give it a try :D Kitty
SWM 40 6'1" 165#Muscular Build / Slight Bullet Belly ,Good Job .... Looking for SWF w/Boat(boat optional ) ,Likes water Sports and Beer and having fun .... :confused:

hack job
02-24-2003, 08:00 AM
i met my girlfriend of two years form the internet. we found each ohter through love@ aol. it was a pain in the ass though due to the fact that chick who put up add get like 25 and 30 response a day , and most of which are freaks, be carefull. wink

Jordy
02-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Most the people I've met off the internet have been off the hot boat boards and it's just been people that share my interests. When the whole AOL/internet craze started 7 or so years ago, I met a couple girls who had horribly misrepresented themselves and/or had serious social problems that weren't visible when behind the keyboard, that is, they didn't function well in a social setting.
I do keep getting emails from hot russian women looking for American husbands... hmmmm. :D

Liberator TJ1984
02-24-2003, 08:50 AM
I do keep getting emails from hot russian women looking for American husbands... hmmmm. :confused: :confused:
Jordy ,forward some of those to me...
take some of the burden off ya :D wink :D

Jordy
02-24-2003, 09:10 AM
RiverDave:
You sure it was the girl that had the social problem? :D
RD Funny focker already this morning... :p :D

Her454
02-24-2003, 10:02 AM
I've had a few friends that met their husbands online and have been happily married for years now..as for me, the only guys I have met online are from the boards, and from mutual friends so its the same interests and I consider it safe. HOWEVER, Im too much of a chicken, or way too cautious, untrusting, whatever, to just meet someone and then hook up with them alone, too much misrepresentation out there.....BUT, it does work and alot of people have indeed found their "soul mates" online.

Blown 472
02-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Take me for example I come across as the average joe boat liking guy, but in reality I am rich as all get out and just living thru someones identity that I stole. :rolleyes:

RiverKitty
02-24-2003, 08:50 PM
diggler:
I had to make sure she understood that - yes, this is real, and no, batteries do not go in there. :) River-Kitty, you're a hotty! (How's that for internet romance?) ROFLMAO!!! :D
So did she finally learn to use IT *without* batteries???
More importantly, did she like it better with or without the batteries???
Details, DETAILS!!!

RiverKitty
02-24-2003, 08:54 PM
missboatnam1:
ahhhh yes, kiss.com......its the way to go!! eek! Mr. & Mrs. B, that is WAY too COOL!!!
Kiss.com (http://www.kiss.com) I'll have to check that out! ;o)
How long after you met on-line did you get married???

JetBoatRich
02-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Good luck Kitty, maybe you can find a date for OP6

Mandelon
02-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Her454
Member # 2656 posted February 24, 2003 10:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had a few friends that met their husbands online and have been happily married for years now.. Ya mean they were surfing on the single sites and found they're husbands on there? I bet they were PISSED! :mad: wink

RiverKitty
02-24-2003, 09:25 PM
Blown 472:
Take me for example I come across as the average joe boat liking guy, but in reality I am rich as all get out and just living thru someones identity that I stole. :rolleyes: "And then you woke up!!!" ;o)

locogringo
02-24-2003, 09:29 PM
I met a fine gentleman by the name of RD and it turns out that we have been mutually dating for the past year.
... :D :D eek! :D :D J/K

Jordy
02-24-2003, 09:29 PM
Damn, Blown you just got knocked out by RK... :D

Jordy
02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
locogringo:
I met a fine gentleman by the name of RD and it turns out that we have been mutually dating for the past year.
... :D :D eek! :D :D J/K Hey LG, Miller will be pissed when he finds out your running around with his house boy. :D

BigBoyToys
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Mrs BBT and I met on Yahoo! Chat about 6 years ago. Chatted for a few months, talked on the phone for a few weeks, met in person finally, and the next day she moved in with me. The rest is history in the making. Been happily married for almost 5 years now and still goin' strong
[ February 24, 2003, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Mandelon
02-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Just don't spank his monkey!
http://www.leler.com/asia/BABYMONK.jpg

BigBoyToys
02-24-2003, 09:40 PM
But.....although the Mrs and I have turned out to be a happy Internet Romance, I also had a few bad experiences. including 1 woman that became obsessed with me almost to the stalking point, flying from Oklahoma to New Mexico in the middle of the night, letting herself into the house, and sitting at my bedside at 3:00am staring at me while I was sleeping. That woman was spooky. (and that's just 1 of the many bizarre things she did)

Mandelon
02-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Lighten up on Her 454, she may still stare but I think she's better now. wink

BigBoyToys
02-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Then there was all the other women.... :rolleyes:
Seriously!
But I have met lotsa good folks on the Web, male and female alike.

wsuwrhr
02-24-2003, 09:50 PM
Why did you give her a key? Laughs.
I met my wife on the internet, dated for a year, and have been married for 6 months. It was not a short or easy search, but well worth it. I tell everyone who is interested to try it out. Just treat it like real life when you finally meet. People can say whatever they want from a keyboard.
Brian

BigBoyToys
02-24-2003, 09:54 PM
wsuwrhr:
Why did you give her a key? Laughs.
Brian I didn't give anyone a key. I didn't usually lock the doors back then.....until that incident that is. Now I make sure they are locked every night before going to bed.

Blown 472
02-25-2003, 08:13 AM
jordanpaulk:
Damn, Blown you just got knocked out by RK... :D Cock blocked, knocked down, sheesh where is the love?

MJ19
02-25-2003, 02:09 PM
Blown 472:
jordanpaulk:
Damn, Blown you just got knocked out by RK... :D Cock blocked, knocked down, sheesh where is the love? Poor Blown :( ...he's finding 'abuse' via the internet...addicting huh? :p :D

Jordy
02-25-2003, 02:17 PM
I'm going to set up a personal ad as you guys seem to have such good luck at it. How about using this for my picture?
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/22elementaryhunk.jpg

MJ19
02-25-2003, 02:20 PM
jordanpaulk:
I'm going to set up a personal ad as you guys seem to have such good luck at it. How about using this for my picture?
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/22elementaryhunk.jpg ROTFLMAO...Jordy, if you get a date with that picture...WHOO HOO...go for it!!! :D
You kind of look like the man show fat boy. wink

Jordy
02-25-2003, 02:22 PM
He's not fat, he's big boned. :D
Besides, I think it would work better than the pic in my signature. :D

MJ19
02-25-2003, 02:28 PM
jordanpaulk:
He's not fat, he's big boned. :D
Besides, I think it would work better than the pic in my signature. :D do you have a bigger version of your sig pic? I can't quiet see what you're showing all of us. wink

Jordy
02-25-2003, 02:30 PM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tn_DSC00358.JPG
[ February 25, 2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

MJ19
02-25-2003, 02:35 PM
jordanpaulk:
I think it would work better than the pic in my signature. :D Yeah...after a good long look...I think you're right wink :D
One of my best friends met her hubby online through AOL classifieds...so it apparently works for some. :)

diggler
02-25-2003, 02:50 PM
RiverKitty:
diggler:
I had to make sure she understood that - yes, this is real, and no, batteries do not go in there. :) River-Kitty, you're a hotty! (How's that for internet romance?) So did she finally learn to use IT *without* batteries???
More importantly, did she like it better with or without the batteries???
Details, DETAILS!!! RiverKitty, she only wanted to girl stuff in sex. I like oral sex as much as the next guy. In fact, I know she taught me well.... every morning my face looked like a glazed donut!
Naw.... the truth of the matter is that she was to socially inept to carry on any sort of relationship, let alone sexual. Even after four dates, she didn't want me to know where she lived. We had to meet wherever we agreed upon. Crazy shit, no wonder I lost interest very quickly!

rivercutie
02-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Hey everyone hope all is well.. I have been working like crazy so I have missed out on all kinds of topics I can see, You guys seriously crack me up. So here it goes.. Have all kinds of friends via internet, no love connections (well one weirdo) I know better now. eek!

XLGPP
02-25-2003, 03:43 PM
But.....although the Mrs and I have turned out to be a happy Internet Romance, I also had a few bad experiences. including 1 woman that became obsessed with me almost to the stalking point, flying from Oklahoma to New Mexico in the middle of the night, letting herself into the house, and sitting at my bedside at 3:00am staring at me while I was sleeping. That woman was spooky. (and that's just 1 of the many bizarre things she did)
Must be sumtin bout us New Mexico Boys, I had similar freaks... 1ST was a few 10's (in their pics) that showed up as 2's (even drunk 2's) then the last one I tried, I found out she was married when her husband called me right when I was dropping her back off at the airport. jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop

Jordy
02-25-2003, 03:44 PM
rivercutie:
Hey everyone hope all is well.. I have been working like crazy so I have missed out on all kinds of topics I can see, You guys seriously crack me up. So here it goes.. Have all kinds of friends via internet, no love connections (well one weirdo) I know better now. eek! Always good to hear from you RC. :D

BigBoyToys
02-25-2003, 03:55 PM
XLGPP:
Must be sumtin bout us New Mexico Boys, I had similar freaks... 1ST was a few 10's (in their pics) that showed up as 2's (even drunk 2's) then the last one I tried, I found out she was married when her husband called me right when I was dropping her back off at the airport. jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop Yep...I hear ya. I was in Las Cruces also back then.

XLGPP
02-25-2003, 04:07 PM
but I have met several good "FRIENDS" on-line

Her454
02-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Mandelon:
Lighten up on Her 454, she may still stare but I think she's better now. wink between the meds and counseling, Im getting better..... eek!

Ziggy
02-25-2003, 06:15 PM
If you trust the internet it might work out like it has for some of you but my experience with such one internet friend nearly ruined my 13 year marraige when she started to tell my wife she was in love with me(News to me!) and she was gonna take me away.....Things can get blown out of context on the net. Watch out for the French ones(including french/canadian)
But overall the people on forums like this are interested in the same things so there is less risks...but then again Havasu atmosphere can alter ones mind. Like they say, "in Havasu you don't loose your wife, just your turn". :D Glad I'm always 1st in line.