PDA

View Full Version : Monster Garage?

miller19j
06-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Is it my imagination or is that show just getting dumber and dumber. Last nights episode was beyond lame. Most of those chicks were lazy and completely worthless only two or three of them did anything.
The last episode I watched before that was the hot dog dragster. Although it was a cool dragster at the end they didnÂ’t follow the theme of it having to look completely stock when finished. It in no way resembled a hot dog cart!
The first few episodes were really cool and innovative but it seems to be going downhill. What do you think?

Jordy
06-17-2003, 08:54 AM
miller19j:
they didnÂ’t follow the theme of it having to look completely stock when finished. It in no way resembled a hot dog cart! I think that idea of looking stock went out the window a long time ago, like with the skate park motorhome... It was funny to see that girl talking shit to Jesse through out the whole show though, but other than that, it definately jumped the shark a couple months back. frown

Nagrom
06-17-2003, 08:55 AM
yes it was very lame... and the hot dog car sucked...

Hermosa
06-17-2003, 08:56 AM
I agree, the first few shows were OK, it's getting a little gay now.

miller19j
06-17-2003, 08:59 AM
IÂ’m having a hard time seeing Jessie James as the bad ass type. He seems like a Chess Club member dressed bad ass to me. I think if they want a bad ass type they should have cast that big guy Paul from American chopper.

Boozer
06-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Those girls were worthless with the exception of like 3 of them. I wanted to see the mexican welder lady beat the shit out of the whiney white girl but it didn't happen and that upset me frown

Jbb
06-17-2003, 09:02 AM
I like watching American Chopper better ....I love it when Big Paul starts ranting and raving!

miller19j
Boozer:
Those girls were worthless with the exception of like 3 of them. I wanted to see the mexican welder lady beat the shit out of the whiney white girl but it didn't happen and that upset me :( I was hoping the same thingÂ…Â…whoooÂ…hoooooÂ…Catfight! argue

HavasuDreamin'
American Chopper is entertaining plus they build really bad bikes. I have been watching American Chopper instead. :cool:

NastyOne
06-17-2003, 09:12 AM
I would watch American Chopper over Monster Garage any day. MG is ****ing gay.... and how about Monster House? That show is retarded! They casted a Jesse James wannabe. yuk

Nagrom
06-17-2003, 09:15 AM
I agree, American Chopper is alot better,, and what about this Monster House, have yall watched that crap.....

Nagrom
06-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Nasty1 ya took the words right outta my mouth!

Blown 472
06-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Nagrom:
yes it was very lame... and the hot dog car sucked... Yeah and the dumb****s cut up a FED that was a classic.

miller19j
06-17-2003, 09:24 AM
Blown 472:
Nagrom:
yes it was very lame... and the hot dog car sucked... Yeah and the dumb****s cut up a FED that was a classic. I was thinking of you when I was watching that episode. I was thinking “I bet Blown would love to get his hands on that thing”

Blown 472
06-17-2003, 09:26 AM
miller19j:
Blown 472:
Nagrom:
yes it was very lame... and the hot dog car sucked... Yeah and the dumb****s cut up a FED that was a classic. I was thinking of you when I was watching that episode. I was thinking “I bet Blown would love to get his hands on that thing” You got that right, 440 inches of nitro wedge would have found it's way tween the frame rails.

HDGRL
06-17-2003, 09:39 AM
The more "free" stuff they get the less thought they put into it. They've gone Hollywood. I love American Chopper, I'm going to keep watching until Paulie kicks Paul's ass. :D

miller19j
06-17-2003, 09:52 AM
HDGRL:
The more "free" stuff they get the less thought they put into it. They've gone Hollywood. I love American Chopper, I'm going to keep watching until Paulie kicks Paul's ass. :D I donÂ’t know I think big Paul can take Pauley. What about the other brother that sits and plays with boxes and packing tape all day. I think he is a little off!

slotracer
06-17-2003, 03:07 PM
the difference between the two is jesse gets paid to do his show. and big paul pays to have his on the network. by the way all the screaming is just a put on he's really not like that at all. pat(slotracer) :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-17-2003, 04:12 PM
Monster garage Lame sleeping I also like American chopper. Motorcycle mania I and II were pretty good as well. I like the bikes Jessie James builds a little better than the bikes Orange County Choppers build. He seems to do more custom fabricating and his seem a little more to my taste. I kind of thought Pauly's jet fighter bike was pretty lame. For the most part, OCC's regular coustomers bikes that they show in the background look better than their "theme bikes".

Sleek-Jet
06-17-2003, 04:41 PM
miller19j:
HDGRL:
The more "free" stuff they get the less thought they put into it. They've gone Hollywood. I love American Chopper, I'm going to keep watching until Paulie kicks Paul's ass. :D I donÂ’t know I think big Paul can take Pauley. What about the other brother that sits and plays with boxes and packing tape all day. I think he is a little off! That guy reminds of one of my brothers. He just doesn't give a shit. The best parts are when he screws up, and Pauley gets blamed. Damn, that's my life to a "T".

CAHotRodBoy
06-17-2003, 08:32 PM
MG is lame!
Am Chopper is way better. JJ can build awsome bikes and now he is doing cars. They should base a show around that stuff instead of F'd up, useless monster creations.
Here is my American Chopper:
[ June 18, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: CAHotRodBoy ]

CAHotRodBoy
06-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Oops, the pic was too big.
Here is another try:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/750103-0391_IMG-med.JPG

Eric455
06-17-2003, 10:50 PM
AC has a 3 hour show up coming monday. should b interesting

HDGRL
06-18-2003, 05:29 AM
miller19j:
HDGRL:
The more "free" stuff they get the less thought they put into it. They've gone Hollywood. I love American Chopper, I'm going to keep watching until Paulie kicks Paul's ass. :D I don’t know I think big Paul can take Pauley. What about the other brother that sits and plays with boxes and packing tape all day. I think he is a little off! Paul does have the advantage, but I think Paulie has to have a lot of pent up anger from all the crap he takes. One day he is going to explode. :D The other seems to be around just to entertain Paul, like a court jester. :D :D

rrrr
06-18-2003, 06:18 AM
Here's a nice example of an Orange County bike, this one was on the TV show. You have to look, there really is a motorcycle in the photo.
I really like our new sponsor.... :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/109TrimSpachopper-med.jpg

Jordy
06-18-2003, 06:22 AM
I'd still rather have a Nasi bike...
http://www.jimnasicustoms.com/bikes/PJ/PJ_01.jpg
http://www.jimnasicustoms.com/images/apparel/posters/Talk_Back.jpg
[ June 18, 2003, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

skeepwerkzaz
06-18-2003, 09:37 AM
I agree about monster garage sucking. They totally jumped the shark. The more free shit they get, the less actual work they have to do. The $3,000 budget was the only cool part of the show. The "Freebies" definately killed it. Everyone want their name in lights.... I wish that Junkyard wars was still on...That show kicked ass.

roln 20s
06-18-2003, 09:43 AM
I don't think monster garage is as cool as it once was, but still, its entertainment for me.
American Chopper is awesome. I love Paul vs Paul, plus they build a killer bike. That trim spa bike (kinda pictured above with the chicks) is the sickest bike ever. And at 150K, it damn well better be.
Speaking of Paul and Paul, they were on the Late Show with Letterman last night. Awesome, they rolled up to NYC with the NY Fire bike. Totally awesome.
It amazes me how you are on one show..and boom--instant celebrity.
Roln 20s

CAHotRodBoy
06-18-2003, 09:55 AM
jordanpaulk:
I'd still rather have a Nasi bike...
http://www.jimnasicustoms.com/bikes/PJ/PJ_01.jpg
http://www.jimnasicustoms.com/images/apparel/posters/Talk_Back.jpg Hey, that's my car in the background! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/750P9160036-med.JPG
We did that phot shoot a couple years ago! The bike was cool, has air bags so can raise and lower the bike. The model was hot too!

NoCal NoBoat
06-18-2003, 10:02 AM
Enjoyed Letterman last night. Taking the Fire Bike for a ride down Broadway was a nice, unexpected touch.
I enjoy watching both AC and MG. Lately, it seems to me that Jesse is more involved and takes more interest in the project when a friend or mentor is on the design/build team - i.e. George Barris or Indian Larry.
www.nhra.com (http://www.nhra.com) says Jesse and Mac Tools are going Top Fuel racing with a two car team to debut at the US Nationals. Scott Kalitta returns to drive.
America seems to have rediscovered its appreciation of craftspeople who can design and build. And Outlaws have never gone out of fashion...

Sleek-Jet
06-18-2003, 10:21 AM
NoCal NoBoat:
Enjoyed Letterman last night. Taking the Fire Bike for a ride down Broadway was a nice, unexpected touch.
I enjoy watching both AC and MG. Lately, it seems to me that Jesse is more involved and takes more interest in the project when a friend or mentor is on the design/build team - i.e. George Barris or Indian Larry.
www.nhra.com (http://www.nhra.com) says Jesse and Mac Tools are going Top Fuel racing with a two car team to debut at the US Nationals. Scott Kalitta returns to drive.
America seems to have rediscovered its appreciation of craftspeople who can design and build. And Outlaws have never gone out of fashion... Kid Rock was on the side of Kalitta's (the Mac Tools team) dragster at Vegas. During Saturday qualifying, both Jesse and Kid Rock were down in the pits, and down on the track at least once. Lots of hoopla, a Kid Rock video on the jumbo-tron. Stuff like that.
[ June 18, 2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

Jordy
06-18-2003, 12:14 PM
CAHotRodBoy:
The bike was cool, has air bags so can raise and lower the bike. The model was hot too! So does the yellow and black one. Drop the air shocks and it's in the weeds. :D Different blower on it now though. Still a sick bike though. :D :D :D

rrrr
06-18-2003, 12:24 PM
That is a bitchin' coupe. Very nice ride.... :cool: :cool:

buck183
06-18-2003, 04:07 PM
miller19j:
I’m having a hard time seeing Jessie James as the bad ass type. He seems like a Chess Club member dressed bad ass to me. I think if they want a bad ass type they should have cast that big guy Paul from American chopper. I'll take Jesse in round 3 on this one. No way Paul Sr would stand a chance against Jesse. He's not all talk, he can back it up.
On the other hand, I do like watching American Chopper. Good show, just wish Paul Sr would take a chill pill every now and then. I guess it wouldn't be so entertaining without him though.
Buck
[ June 18, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]