PDA

View Full Version : River dirty Dave gets a new ass

superdave013
03-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Ok Ok, we didn't make it to the run what ya brung deal. But I have some never before see photos to share with ya. Some cutting, grinding and welding took place on RiverDave's trailer.
Here is the very rare pic of RD. When this pic was taken it was late. He was tired and dirty.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9Dave_Grinding.jpg
We were going to hang RD's boat over the trailer with my over head crains to place the bunks. Well his boat sat outside in the rain for hours. He backed it into the shop and there must have been 50 gals of water draining outta that bitch.
Get that water outta the shop RD! :rolleyes:
Title of this photo: Broom Bitch :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9broom_bitch.jpg
[ March 17, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

superdave013
03-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Ok, so you wanna see RD's new ass right? Well he got 2 asses really.
First ass was a joint effort. I made the parts for the center roller section and Cyclone cut the box tubing and welded everything up. RD did the deburring and grinding. (He loves those hand `grinders :rolleyes: ) My trailer only has 2 rollers but RD's is a tripple axel so he gets tripple rollers too!
Came out sweet!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9cyclone_s_back_half.jpg
Ok, now why do you ask did he get a second ass?
Well some how some way cyclone didn't get the right dimensions and it came out short. No way was that going to clear the rudder of a v drive cruiser.
Now it's a new day and we don't have cyclone's talent. We scoped out my trailer and made our move. We could not get anymore tubing as it was Sunday. If so I would have cut it all off and started over. We had 2 peices of scrap to work with. Marked the lines and I cut if up. Sorry cyclone, I hurt me more then it hurt you to hack up your sweet fab work.
I was kinda shocked that it came out as well as it did though. :D Boat can sit pretty low on the trailer and still clear the rudder, prop and prop shaft.
RD's second ass.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9Rollers.jpg
We didn't get the bunks one and still need to do a shit load of welding. RD has a shit load of grinding to do also. :D Did I say that RD loves grinding? :rolleyes:
Then he gets to do some bondo, sanding, more grinding :D and paint it.
[ March 17, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Bense468
03-17-2003, 02:47 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9cyclone_s_back_half.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9Rollers.jpg
That is not just a little off. That is way off. LOL Anway I am sure it was a simple mistake. The trailer looks good

superdave013
03-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Bense468:
That is not just a little off. That is way off. LOL Anway I am sure it was a simple mistake. The trailer looks good Lets just say some wires were crossed. Now way was it cyclones mistake. He did a great job and was fun to work with. Now it could even be a little long. It had a 7" drop, mine has a 12" drop and the rudder is 1/4" from the cross bar. We made this one with a 14" drop so it will have plenty of room with the boat low on the trailer.

Jbb
03-17-2003, 02:58 PM
That profile shot will be the home page for RD's new ummm Pirate website....!lol...
[ March 17, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: JETBOAT BRIAN ]

Bense468
03-17-2003, 03:03 PM
Lets just say some wires were crossed. Now way was it cyclones mistake. He did a great job and was fun to work with.Yeah I was just screwing around with cyclone SD. I am sure he will be in here soon to reply.

Tom Brown
03-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey, that's not really water on the floor, is it? I'll bet it's urine from all those drinks.
By the way, that's some nice looking work. That drop looks pretty low. How much ground clearance does he have? I guess he can just use his hydraulics to raise the trailer when he needs and drop it back down when he's going through the hood.
-- Tom

cyclone
03-17-2003, 03:08 PM
hey now it wasn't all my fault. Nobody told me that the "new" trailer wasn't a v-drive trailer. i just replaced the stock crossmember with a beefier one. You forgot to mention that i needed to make it lower. That ****up was a group effort. It did come out good though. too bad you had to redo it. Oh well, better luck next time.

superdave013
03-17-2003, 03:13 PM
cyclone:
That ****up was a group effort. No way, It's RD's **** up! :D haha, couldn't be mine or yours. Our trailer are right! :cool:
The blame always goes to the registered owner. :p

cyclone
03-17-2003, 03:16 PM
you got a point there. i love working all day on a project only to have it get cut up later on...

superdave013
03-17-2003, 03:19 PM
cyclone:
you got a point there. i love working all day on a project only to have it get cut up later on... Bro, it really hurt my feeling to cut it off too. Trust me. And the fact that I'm not as good of a welder as you are didn't help any.
Did I say that RD loves to grind?

Jrocket
03-17-2003, 03:22 PM
superdave013:
The blame always goes to the registered owner.You didnt have to drag RD's Dad into this did ya?...J/K :D :D

cyclone
03-17-2003, 03:22 PM
I know i'm just kidding.
I'm going to get Dave a grinder for xmas just because i know he enjoys it so much! :)

cyclone
03-17-2003, 03:23 PM
You didnt have to drag RD's Dad into this did ya?...J/K
oh shit that's funny.

Tom Brown
03-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Are those steel rollers on the bottom of that plate? Are they there for when that plate hits the asphault?

superdave013
03-17-2003, 03:29 PM
Jrocket:
superdave013:
The blame always goes to the registered owner.You didnt have to drag RD's Dad into this did ya?...J/K :D :D LMAO :D go johnny go

superdave013
03-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Tom Brown:
Are those steel rollers on the bottom of that plate? Are they there for when that plate hits the asphault? yep and yep

572Daytona
03-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Hmm...I seem to remember someone over on Barney's board bringing up the topic of clearence on this trailer for the vdrive a while back, you guys assured me it was all figured out wink Wouldn't it have been easier just to raise the bunks up to provide additional clearance? Aren't you going to add a couple of more axles while your at it?

Tom Brown
03-17-2003, 06:23 PM
572Daytona:
Aren't you going to add a couple of more axles while your at it? I still think he should go with tracks.

MJ19
03-17-2003, 06:25 PM
So I take it you like In & Out :D

superdave013
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
572Daytona:
Hmm...I seem to remember someone over on Barney's board bringing up the topic of clearence on this trailer for the vdrive a while back, you guys assured me it was all figured out wink Wouldn't it have been easier just to raise the bunks up to provide additional clearance? Aren't you going to add a couple of more axles while your at it? Well that section was damaged and needed replaced anyway. We just gave it some more room. The problem with raising the bunks is it would be like Bigpropa's hydro. Would have to back the entire truck in the water to get the boat off.
Oh, now that you bring it up we might just add that fourth axle.

Tom Brown
03-17-2003, 09:20 PM
At some point in the axle count, he won't be able to launch it because the tires will be so boyant as to hold the boat up off the water. :D

MJ19
03-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Tom Brown:
At some point in the axle count, he won't be able to launch it because the tires will be so boyant as to hold the boat up off the water. :D Our Trailer floats and it's a pretty cool feature! :D

HCS
03-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Did you guys use a tape measure?. :rolleyes:

theskiffs
03-17-2003, 11:16 PM
No Beer in the pic's and smoking to much welding fumes.

cyclone
03-18-2003, 08:56 AM
anytime man, anytime.

SchellSchock
03-18-2003, 10:08 AM
So ya' cut it three time and it's STILL TO SHORT...LOL

twistedpair
03-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Measure once, cut twice?......... nah, that's not it
Damn! I know this one! wink

superdave013
03-18-2003, 11:25 AM
SchellSchock:
So ya' cut it three time and it's STILL TO SHORT...LOL three times? No, a mistake was made and then corrected.
Still to short? I sure hope not. If so he's on his own. Really there is no way that's to short.

cyclone
03-18-2003, 04:45 PM
ah that's alright mr. fancy pants. not everyone can claim a 4-inch angle grinder as their best friend.