PDA

View Full Version : Looks like a duck, sounds like a ...

Seadog
08-11-2003, 12:33 PM
LIEBERMAN: Well, I'm talking in part about Howard Dean. But look, let me just say, generally, that the Democratic Party, as I see it, certainly post-Clinton-Gore, is a party that believes in fiscal responsibility, knows how to make the economy grow, believes in tax cuts, doesn't think that big spending, big government programs answer every problem, and is willing to invest — committed to investing in a strong defense and using it when necessary.
Aren't these all Republican platforms? Don't they even know their own platform or is it that they have really lost it?

MagicMtnDan
08-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Seadog:
LIEBERMAN: Well, I'm talking in part about Howard Dean. But look, let me just say, generally, that the Democratic Party, as I see it, certainly post-Clinton-Gore, is a party that believes in fiscal responsibility, knows how to make the economy grow, believes in tax cuts, doesn't think that big spending, big government programs answer every problem, and is willing to invest — committed to investing in a strong defense and using it when necessary.
Yes, they are and you are right. But Lieberman is smart - he sees how far to the left most of the Democratic party is leaning and wants to differentiate himself from their more left-wing views. And he hopes to ultimately get support from moderate Republicans too if/when he wins the Democratic party nomination for president. He stands a good chance since the others (except for Dean) are fading right now). And Dean is pretty radical and if he's the nominee it could help Bush win reelection.
Aren't these all Republican platforms? Don't they even know their own platform or is it that they have really lost it?

Mandelon
08-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Isn't Mr. Lieberman Jewish? That might explain why it sounds like he has common sense. :p

Dave C
08-11-2003, 02:41 PM
thats cuz joey knows you can't win with the far-left liberal nonsense. Not now.
Joey ain't no fool.

Catmando
08-11-2003, 05:14 PM
Wouldn't vote for Lieberman for dog catcher.

mickeyfinn
08-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Republicans-Borrow and spend
Democrats-Tax and spend
Either way you get spend.
Still prefer the Republicans to the democrats. Would really like to see the libertarians get a shot but right now a vote for a libertarian is a vote for the democrats.

VillainDave
08-11-2003, 06:24 PM
I say piss on them all and hand me another beer!!!! :D