PDA

View Full Version : "Schiada Story" in June Hot Boat

funkcity
05-17-2003, 09:11 PM
I just got the June issue today.
Bob Brown does a pretty admirable job of tracing the history of Schiada Boats.
Great pics that I've never seen before of the masterful hulls built by THE MAN..Leonard Schiada.
Conspicuously missing seemed to be any photos of the boat you think of when you say Schiada.... The 21 foot River Cruiser.
I believe that that boat was created by Len before the Spindler years.
Also not mentioned was the use of their trademark nonskid decks.
I can't see how Bob missed those details.
They could have added 5 more pages of pics and info of some of the really radical Schiadas
they have built in the past 40 years and I would have loved all of it!! :)

Hallett
05-17-2003, 09:27 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MOOR PIC'S OF THE SCHIADA
AND THE HALLETT VECTOR V DRIVES IF YOU
HAVE SOME . PLEASE POST THEM I THINK THE 21
VECTOR & SCHIADA WILL BE A FAVORITE OF MINE FOR
A LONG TIME.

20SPECTRA
05-17-2003, 10:05 PM
Hey hallet, do you happen to know wich rides better a hallet vdrive or schiada vdrive, i am in the market for either right now

Hallett
05-17-2003, 11:32 PM
the schiada will ride better then the hallett.
and they say its moor stable at speed. i have a
blown vector stern drive i might be selling
every thing on the boat is new very clean and fast. if interested let me know.

funkcity
05-18-2003, 08:23 PM
Is the Hallett Vector a dimensionally identical bottom to that of the Schiada River Cruiser?
Or are there some subtle differences?
If the ride is better in the Schiada and all other factors are the same then, it just must be a heavier layup.
However Hallett ushered in the stern drive ski race boat. This configuration given the same amount of power was good for AT LEAST 10 MPH on the top end. The trimmable #3 drive was the ticket as compared to the V-Drive.
But the V-Drive is the ultimate Porsche-On-Water Go Kart.... Let the turning fin dig in and hold on!!

DansBlown73Nordic
05-18-2003, 11:50 PM
I thought the Schiada write up was pretty cool. I did notice that there were not any pictures of a Daycruiser. I never realized they built all that other stuff.

Rexone
05-18-2003, 11:56 PM
funkcity:
Is the Hallett Vector a dimensionally identical bottom to that of the Schiada River Cruiser?
Or are there some subtle differences?
If the ride is better in the Schiada and all other factors are the same then, it just must be a heavier layup.
However Hallett ushered in the stern drive ski race boat. This configuration given the same amount of power was good for AT LEAST 10 MPH on the top end. The trimmable #3 drive was the ticket as compared to the V-Drive.
But the V-Drive is the ultimate Porsche-On-Water Go Kart.... Let the turning fin dig in and hold on!! I haven't seen the article yet but the Vector and Schiada bottom are not that close. I have one of each boat even though the vector is a twin outboard. Schiada is hard to beat for ride quality. btw most (not all) of the Halletts in ski racing that are stern drives are 210's not Vectors. :)

20SPECTRA
05-19-2003, 01:11 PM
So we can say that the schiada rides better than a vector, if both are v-drive

Keith E. Sayre
05-20-2003, 06:13 AM
I would say that the Schiada rides significantly
better than the Vector but I would also note that
the Vector will be faster with the same power.
Yes, the bottoms are very different and yes the
Vector is significantly lighter. That's my .02.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

funkcity
05-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Keith said:
"bottoms are very different "
In what way?
The Schiada RC always had a zero-rocker bottom and behaved a bit like a longer boat.
The Hallett Vector SEEMS to have the same design.
The Hallett 210 seems to have a deeper V, more freeboard AND rocker.

miller19j
05-20-2003, 02:16 PM
I was a little disappointed with the article. When I think Schiada I think 20ft ski race boat. But no pictures of any in the article. I guess they can’t please everyone.