PDA

View Full Version : Question about Windows XP Home Edition???

HammerDown
12-08-2002, 12:50 PM
A few days ago a window popped up and stated something like (clean up un-used Icons)...so I clicked it. Now when turning on the Computer...I lost My Icons for Picture Studio, Dell Juke Box, Msn Explorer, Windows Media Explorer...and a few others. I now show a folder at start-up that will open all of them in a group, however I would like them all back on the main screen...when I first boot up the computer.
Did I explane that some what correctly? ...Still learning here!

MikeF
12-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Check in your recycle bin. You might find them there and be able to put them back on the desktop?

HammerDown
12-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks MikeF...yep there in the recycle bin, under "other places" then "unused desk top"...however I'm not seeing how to get them back over to the Main Desk Top???
Any tips...thanks for any info.
PS. I'm also able to access them thru a folder pic at the top left of the Main Desk Top.

GlastronGuy
12-08-2002, 02:49 PM
Highlight the shortcuts, click on file, then on Restore.

HammerDown
12-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks guys...I dont know how I did it, but one by one I moved them back to the Desk Top!

gigamurph
12-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Aren't 'puters fun? I fully expect to find all the single lost socks that disappear between the washers and dryers all over the world in my Recycle Bin one of these friggin' days! :D

burbanite
12-09-2002, 06:44 AM
Now that they are restored, click on each icon on your desktop, that way they are not "unused" anymore.