PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting question

Phat_Kat
09-28-2003, 05:39 PM
ok the cat has been trying to attack the printer for about a month now and it finnally got her. A fax came through and she had her paw up inside the printer where the jet is and it printed on her paw. Well I didn't know till a while after it happened so the ink got dry. I tosser her in the tub and tried to get it out but no luck even fading it. Anyone got any suggestions on how to get it out? Also anyone have an idea for a guard so the cat can't fit her paw in there anymore?
[ September 28, 2003, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

H20 Party Starter
09-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Don't stress PK, you'll be having problems with Pussy for the rest of your life :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 05:45 PM
sounds like kitty has a tat. Might try Rubbing Alcohol and Vodka. Rubbing Alcohol to get the ink and Vodka for yourself. I think the alcohol might just work...

Phat_Kat
09-28-2003, 05:46 PM
yeah but I'm not trying to screw this one. Anyone have ANY suggestions for removale of the ink?

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Seriously try rubbing alcohol. Or if your wife has some astringent like Sea Breeze you could put it on a scrubbing pad or cotton ball and try to work it off. BTW your full motion avatars have gone away.
[ September 28, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Eagle ]

mike37
09-28-2003, 05:58 PM
it will go away on its own no big deal

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-28-2003, 06:02 PM
try vaseline or soft scrub. It will dissapear in about a week. My cat did the same thing. BTW what did it say. :D :p

Phat_Kat
09-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Dr. Eagle:
BTW your full motion avatars have gone away. Working on that one. The rubbing alcohol didn't work so good. It's still there. Faded it but there's still a clear greyish black strip across her paw. I'm gonna keep going at it. I just gotta give her a few minutes to cool off. Being literally tossed her in the tub really pissed her off. Gonna have a nice cut near my eye for the next week or so. burningm I'll try Mrs. Vee's method. BTW it was a bunch of dollar signs on her paw. Hard to read but they're there and it's a lot easier to see once you look where it got her on the paper.

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 06:11 PM
If a solvent like alcohol won't take it off, you could try the astringent, but I have a feeling (or is that feline) that it will have to wear off. Poor kitty cat. Be sure to give her a pounce or some kind of treat for the dip in the tub!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-28-2003, 06:11 PM
don't use anything real strong it will burn her nose because they are very sencitive.

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Is this a show calibre cat or something? Is that why it's so important to you to get the ink off? You didn't mention if the cat was injured so I'm thinking likely she wasn't. I know outdoor cats get all kinds of stuff on them and much of it wears off on it's own. I don't think the ink on her paw will damage her PK- it'll wear off eventually. However if she is gonna be in a cat show anytime soon I could see why you'd want it off sooner rather than eventually. :)

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Yeah, it would be worse to use something like acetone or something, but rubbing alcohol or Sea Breeze shouldn't hurt anything. Probably just better letting it wear off.

Phat_Kat
09-28-2003, 07:21 PM
I used hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and dish soap and it's finally not obvious. Just a very light strip across her paw that you can't see unless you're paying attiention. No this isn't a show cat but she's my inspiration for my screen name. When I first got her she was pigging out and got fat to say the least. So I called her Fat Cat and I just changed a few letters and here we are. Wasn't that the fabulous tale? :rolleyes: :D

Dr. Eagle
09-28-2003, 07:25 PM
totally dude!

phebus
09-28-2003, 07:25 PM
Try Havasu Barney, he can color match and re-gel the paw to look like new. HE'S GOOD!!!

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Aww! Ok PK. :) You aren't the first guy I ever heard of who feels close to their cat ... first thing my stepdad says to my mom when he gets home isn't hello it's "Where's my ****ing cat?" LOL! :D Oh but he HATES cats ... riiiigggght! Uh huh. :D All guys hate cats. Mmm hmm that's why they call a woman's ... heh heh nevermind! LOL!

Phat_Kat
09-28-2003, 08:06 PM
RiverDave:
Phat kat, the only reason I'm even going to post the solution is becuase I feel sorry for your cat.
Acetone, it will immediately remove even permanent markers, and it won't hurt the cat.
RD Aren't you a kind, loving soul dave :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-28-2003, 08:10 PM
No phat kat RD just likes pussy ******cats. :D j/k

FMluvswater
09-28-2003, 08:35 PM
Phat_Kat:
Also anyone have an idea for a guard so the cat can't fit her paw in there anymore? You might want to do a search for childproofing the home office ... I'm serious any guard that'd keep chubby lil baby fingers out of the printer will also keep kitty from repeating her lil stunt. :)

NorCal Gameshow
09-28-2003, 10:36 PM
does it have a job interview ? i heard it's tough for a cat to get a job with a little ink on it's paw....