PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Gas Around Needles?

beer hunter
03-12-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm going to the river in a couple weeks and am wondering where the cheapest gas in the area can be found :) I doubt it's in Needles as gas there averaged 2.27$ for 87 octane on March 4/5 :mad:
[ March 12, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: beer hunter ]

rivercrazy
03-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey Mike.
Just cross the bridge over the river to the Arco AM/PM at the stop light. Last weekend gas there was about $1.74
Or go another 3-4 miles to a Texaco on the left side of Hwy 95. Its about the same price +/- a few cents a gallon.
Where's my commission check! J/K hehe :D

Charley
03-13-2003, 09:32 AM
there is a taco bell near the 40 offramp///
sorry couldn't resist :D

beer hunter
03-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Charley:
there is a taco bell near the 40 offramp///
sorry couldn't resist :D LMAO Charley :D I said gas not grease :D When are you picking up that new boat?

beer hunter
03-13-2003, 09:41 AM
rivercrazy:
Hey Mike.
Just cross the bridge over the river to the Arco AM/PM at the stop light. Last weekend gas there was about $1.74
Or go another 3-4 miles to a Texaco on the left side of Hwy 95. Its about the same price +/- a few cents a gallon.
Where's my commission check! J/K hehe :D Thanks RC :) Can I pay you back in beers?

rivercrazy
03-13-2003, 09:49 AM
LMFAO! Taco bell is probably cheaper than gas right now too....
No problema BH. Lets just meet up on the river sometime and shoot the shit...

shockwavebd
03-13-2003, 10:13 AM
The bell gas station buy joy lane is good plus they make killer breakfast burritos .We always stop there...........Barry
P.S. make sure you get the green sauce eek!

RVRLVN
03-13-2003, 02:28 PM
THE CHEAPEST GAS IS BACK IN YOUR OWN HOME TOWN!!
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm

Steamin' Rice
03-13-2003, 03:00 PM
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm Huh?? :confused: :confused: cry cry
How about people from OC with boats that don't cost $50k being worried about gas prices?? :D

Hermosa
03-13-2003, 03:29 PM
Bell Gas or the AM/PM on the Arizona side has always been the cheapest for me.

rivercrazy
03-13-2003, 03:50 PM
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm I beg to differ. Gas is an easy .30 cents per gallon cheaper out there than in CA. And hey. Without us tourists spending our money in your town, it wouldn't be doing quite as well as it is now. Tourism and the railway is basically the entire economy there.
So fill up your trucks and boats in Az. ITS WAY CHEAPER and good for Needles!
[ March 13, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

Backtanner
03-13-2003, 04:01 PM
rivercrazy:
Without us tourists spending our money in your town, it would be the biggest dust bowl around. I beg to differ but even with all the tourist money it's still the biggest dustbowl around!! But at least boat storage is reasonable. And just don't buy gas at the AM/PM at the 40 offramp, go about 2 miles towards Bullhead to save 50 cents/gallon.
[ March 13, 2003, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Backtanner ]

beer hunter
03-13-2003, 06:08 PM
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm That's 70k smart ass, and I'm not worried, I just don't want to get ripped off in Needles. Hell with the money I save on gas I can buy everyone on this thread a few beers and still be ahead of the game :)
[ March 13, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: beer hunter ]

Ziggy
03-13-2003, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RVRLVN:
[QB] THE CHEAPEST GAS IS BACK IN YOUR OWN HOME TOWN!!
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES
What a pissy puss you are argue Thanks to us you have our dollars so you were able to move out of grandma's old trailer park and into your own new singlewide beauty! jawdrop

Charley
03-13-2003, 06:58 PM
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm I'm not worried, Im downright frightend....
P.S. you really want us to blow our wads on gas instead of wherever you work to pay the mortgage on your single-wide? eek!

ACCEPTENCE
03-13-2003, 07:22 PM
A little further up 95 after crossing the bridge is Mavricks and/or Fast Trip. You will not find gasoline less expensive then these two places in the river valley.
Funny this topic is up. I am refueling two 55 gallon drums this weekend at Mavricks or Fast Trip and bringin it back to Ca.
Beats the shit out of gittin hosed at Ca's pumps.

RVRLVN
03-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Hey....If this place is such a dust bowl...then why do you even bother to come down here.
I find it funny that you guys talk shit about the towns that surround the river...yet you come out here every chance you get.
Thats almost as funny as the L.A. dip shits that try to run a 34ft. powerboat up and down the river. Hell they cant even make a 3-point turn on teh river in somthing that big.....and yet only out of towners are the ones that seam to try it..!
This town has done with out you guys in the past and I will in the future.

Ziggy
03-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Guess that new single wide didn't come with dual pane windows...cuz the stink is still coming out of it. yuk
Keep on dreamin' dude.

RVRLVN
03-18-2003, 04:01 PM
nice come back ziggy.....ya got me with that one :confused:

jm2drvr
03-18-2003, 05:20 PM
was out there 2 weeks ago and the cheepest gas I found was at the safeway station...1.85 per gallon as aposed to 1.95 at the arco station in needles...If you do the math, I burned about 250 gallons of fuel, at .10 cents per gallon savings=$25=a lot of coors light...I wish I could stomach that shit. eek!

River Ric
03-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Hey Ziggy,
Great comeback with dual pain... windows. I threw ya 5 stars for that one. It's only because we save on cheap gas that we can afford these over-priced CA. machines. My wife use coupons so she can drive her 4X4 suburban. It's all about where your priorities are. UH????? :D :D :D

HotHallet
03-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Going to Needles March 28-31. I'm filling the boat up in L.A. before I leave. True I will have to tow the extra weight but refilling 87 in the truck will be cheaper then the intital fill up of 91 in the boat in Needles. I will probably have to fill the boat up once during the trip and will head into town for that. That's when my pockets will get a little lighter.

bear down
03-19-2003, 12:22 PM
RVRLVN:
Hey....If this place is such a dust bowl...then why do you even bother to come down here.
I find it funny that you guys talk shit about the towns that surround the river...yet you come out here every chance you get.
We like needles because the restrooms are pretty clean and we think it's a funny name!.

Ziggy
03-19-2003, 12:30 PM
River Ric:
Hey Ziggy,
Great comeback with dual pain... windows. I threw ya 5 stars for that one. It's only because we save on cheap gas that we can afford these over-priced CA. machines. My wife use coupons so she can drive her 4X4 suburban. It's all about where your priorities are. UH????? :D :D :D Hey Thanks man...been wanting some kind a star action.
What a bitter guy he is...my town loves tourists and the city prays for lots of 'em. But I guess he don't see it that way.
Coupons are the way to go at todays gas prices, at least my truck burns the crude stuff. My wife is a great coupon shopper, knows all the tricks. :o )
See ya at the river. :cool:

twistedpair
03-19-2003, 12:31 PM
Wecome to the boards RVRLVN, way to jump right in there and start making friends. :rolleyes:
Oh, by the way, nice job on the restrooms, keep up the good work.

shockwavebd
03-19-2003, 04:14 PM
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm DICK WEED pig_flyi yuk sleeping boxed

shockwavebd
03-19-2003, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shockwavebd:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by RVRLVN:
[qb] THE CHEAPEST GAS IS BACK IN YOUR OWN HOME TOWN!!
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm [/
Sorry to piss you off but I have to pay property taxes some where , what kind of boat you in so I can watch for Ya. You sound like someone I loved to boat with argue cry
......Barry
[ March 19, 2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: shockwavebd ]

THATJEFFGUY
03-19-2003, 04:42 PM
I just paid $1.71 at the Safeway on Hwy 95 in Ft. Mohave last weekend. The boat takes over 70 gals and the truck takes 44 gals, so evey penny counts ! It's not a bad price if you don't mind waiting in line for the all the senior citizens and their motor homes...S-L-O-W !!! I just go do my ice/beer shopping in the store while my rig sits in line.

beer hunter
03-19-2003, 07:27 PM
I didn't think this thread could piss anyone off
but I was wrong :confused: Thanks all for the good info and support :D and for you RVRLVN chill out, have a few beers then come back when you're ready to play nice :)

RVRLVN
03-20-2003, 07:31 PM
This just seems like a topic that people with huge boats would not have to worry about. I live ON the river and all I see on the weekends are out of towners running boats on the river that should stay on the lake..MOST...not..ALL think they run shit down here. They leave trash on the beaches....shoot off fireworks all hours of the night....and are generally rude.
Not to mention the fact that there are many out of towners that rent jet skis and have NO idea how to ride them. I cant mention how many or them have ran into my buddies boats or cut in front of me and almost became fish food.
I just dont like the fact that people who do not live here think that they can come down here..**** things up... and leave until the next weekend. Do you think locals would shit on the river like the out of towners do.....I doubt it!! eek! idea
That is what pisses me off.....

DAB
03-20-2003, 10:01 PM
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm You see Einstein, that is why we can own boats at 50K plus, we actually look for decent gas prices. Unless people are just shitting money, smart people with a full set of teeth actually choose to spend money wisely...hell I was thinking of dropping a couple hundred dollars for that home on wheels right next to yours! Dickhead, get a ****ing life!!

78Eliminator
03-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Cheapest gas is pulling up to some dipshit with a hose and siphoning all the fuel out into your own sled. Especially if the victim has a prop attached to the back....

rivercrazy
03-20-2003, 10:32 PM
DAB:
RVRLVN:
THE LAST THING WE NEED OUT HERE ARE MORE O.C. PEOPLE THAT OWN $50,000 BOATS AND ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS PRICES. :mad: burningm You see Einstein, that is why we can own boats at 50K plus, we actually look for decent gas prices. Unless people are just shitting money, smart people with a full set of teeth actually choose to spend money wisely...hell I was thinking of dropping a couple hundred dollars for that home on wheels right next to yours! Dickhead, get a ****ing life!! ROFLMFAO! :D

Steamin' Rice
03-21-2003, 09:28 AM
RVRLVN:
This just seems like a topic that people with huge boats would not have to worry about. I live ON the river and all I see on the weekends are out of towners running boats on the river that should stay on the lake..MOST...not..ALL think they run shit down here. They leave trash on the beaches....shoot off fireworks all hours of the night....and are generally rude.
Not to mention the fact that there are many out of towners that rent jet skis and have NO idea how to ride them. I cant mention how many or them have ran into my buddies boats or cut in front of me and almost became fish food.
I just dont like the fact that people who do not live here think that they can come down here..**** things up... and leave until the next weekend. Do you think locals would shit on the river like the out of towners do.....I doubt it!! eek! idea
That is what pisses me off..... Sorry, didn't realize that you own the river and you decide which boats should be on the river and which boats should be on the lake. It sounds like your problem is with disrespectful partiers; I can understand that. What does that have to do with having a big boat, small boat, jet ski, or anything else??
http://www.lamer.net/whambulance.jpg

beer hunter
03-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Steamin' Rice:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RVRLVN:
[qb] This just seems like a topic that people with huge boats would not have to worry about. I live ON the river and all I see on the weekends are out of towners running boats on the river that should stay on the lake..MOST...not..ALL think they run shit down here. They leave trash on the beaches....shoot off fireworks all hours of the night....and are generally rude.
That is what pisses me off..... Sorry, didn't realize that you own the river and you decide which boats should be on the river and which boats should be on the lake. It sounds like your problem is with disrespectful partiers; I can understand that. What does that have to do with having a big boat, small boat, jet ski, or anything else??
Greg, well said. This guys definitely got a chip on his shoulder but he's directing his angst in the wrong place :)

stix818
03-21-2003, 01:57 PM
This is pretty funny because my old man thinks the same way. I just don't take my boat out during the weekends and only take it out during the week. The weekends when you party. He's all pissed off now because of the new developement just south of Oatman road.

Ziggy
03-21-2003, 01:58 PM
Greg, well said. This guys definitely got a chip on his shoulder but he's directing his angst in the wrong place :) [/QB]Nobody likes people to trash the river, and its most of us out of towners who take the most care, unlike some locals I've seen in the aluminum/5HP fishin boats that threw their Old English 800 can out right in front of me. Then gave that lovely toothless grin. yuk
Boat it in, boat it out(and then some). Park Rangers GLADLY give us trash bags, and they hold alot.
And I still don't see how a 50k boat making a turnabout in the river as anything to do with trash. HHmmmmm, me thinks the dude is envious of respectable people who work for a living. :D

RiverForUs
03-21-2003, 10:05 PM
RVRLVN:
I just dont like the fact that people who do not live here think that they can come down here..**** things up... and leave until the next weekend. Do you think locals would shit on the river like the out of towners do..... I doubt it!! eek! idea
That is what pisses me off..... No, that's not what I think the locals would do! I think the locals would drive their 30 year old P.O.S. 4X4 down on the beach and steal my EZ-UP, chairs, and anchor. Why don't the locals get a job and buy their own shiznit? I really doubt that this crime was perpetrated by "out-of-towners"!
I also think it's the locals that steal boats and PWC and then sink them, wait a length of time and obtain a salvage permit, and then go retrieve the boat or PWC that they previously stole.
This is why I bought property up in the nicest area of Bullhead and NOT down near Needles. I don't want to go back out in early spring and find out some trailer trash MF'r has wiped me clean. Where'd my boat and big screen go?

Ziggy
03-24-2003, 03:51 PM
RiverForUs:
RVRLVN:
I just dont like the fact that people who do not live here think that they can come down here..**** things up... and leave until the next weekend. Do you think locals would shit on the river like the out of towners do..... I doubt it!! eek! idea
That is what pisses me off..... No, that's not what I think the locals would do! I think the locals would drive their 30 year old P.O.S. 4X4 down on the beach and steal my EZ-UP, chairs, and anchor. Why don't the locals get a job and buy their own shiznit? I really doubt that this crime was perpetrated by "out-of-towners"!
I also think it's the locals that steal boats and PWC and then sink them, wait a length of time and obtain a salvage permit, and then go retrieve the boat or PWC that they previously stole.
This is why I bought property up in the nicest area of Bullhead and NOT down near Needles. I don't want to go back out in early spring and find out some trailer trash MF'r has wiped me clean. Where'd my boat and big screen go? RIGHT ON! Seen it happen 1st hand. Caught one guy undoing my buddies JS from the trailer. They came fully equiped with boltcutters. Great new boltcutters we have now :D Works just as good as the homerun bat!

Tom Brown
03-24-2003, 04:08 PM
Here's something for the Canadians around here...
You know how we're getting hosed on gas prices that are artificially inflated with fuel tax, road tax, etc.? Check this out.
The current price in my town = $0.829 CAD / liter
At 4.5 liters per gallon, that = $3.73 CAD / Imperial gallon
or.... = $2.99 CAD / girly US gallon
or.... = $1.97 USD / girly US gallon
It would seem that the price of gas has become comparable to American prices.
-- Tom
[ March 24, 2003, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

ACCEPTENCE
03-24-2003, 07:48 PM
NEWSFLASH...
Regular Unleaded------> $1.79 per/gal.
At the truck stop, I-40 at the Havasu exit.
Cheaper then am-pm across the bridge from Needles at $1.85 per/gal
This was as of Saturday afternoon 03-22-03

beer hunter
03-24-2003, 08:02 PM
ACCEPTENCE:
NEWSFLASH...
Regular Unleaded------> $1.79 per/gal.
At the truck stop, I-40 at the Havasu exit.
Cheaper then am-pm across the bridge from Needles at $1.85 per/gal
This was as of Saturday afternoon 03-22-03 Thanks for the update :D

Charley
03-25-2003, 06:37 PM
RVRLVN:
Do you think locals would shit on the river like the out of towners do.....I doubt it!! eek! idea
That is what pisses me off..... looking at Needles and the general population I can tell you I treat the river better than the locals treat thier own teeth.....get a clue dude.... :D <------see....we have teeth

beer hunter
03-26-2003, 07:04 AM
Charley:
RVRLVN:
Do you think locals would shit on the river like the out of towners do.....I doubt it!! eek! idea
That is what pisses me off..... looking at Needles and the general population I can tell you I treat the river better than the locals treat thier own teeth.....get a clue dude.... :D <------see....we have teeth LMAO :D There is alot of truth in that statement. The "out of towners" (US)have alot of money tied up in our hobbies and we're not going to shit in our own playground :D

SShammy
03-26-2003, 08:07 AM
hEY GUYS IM GLAD I LIVE WHERE I CAN STILL BUY REGULAR FOR $1.40. THE PRIES YOU GUYS ARE PAYING JUST FLAT OUT HURT. i DIG WHAT YOU ALL ARE SAYING ABOUT BOAT IT IN AND BOAT IT OUT BUT WE HAVE HAD SOME THINGS GOING ON AROUNF HERE LATLEY THAT MAKE YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IT FOR THE CLEAN UP CREW. aS OF LATE WE HAVE BEEN TAKING LARGE DRUMS TO OUR HANG OUT AND LEAVING ALL OF OUR BEER CANS IN THEM INSTEASD OF TAKING THEM HOME. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF ELDERLY PEOPLE THAT COEM BY DURING THE WEEK AND PICK ALL OF THEM UP AN THEN WE GO BACK AND GET THEM WHEN WE ARENT DRINKING(CLEAN UP TRIPS).
THE REASON WE ARENT TOATING OUR CANS/BOTTLES OUT IS BECAUSE 2 SUMMERS AGO A FRIEND OF OURS HAD A BARBECUE WITH SOME OTHER PEOPLE ON THE RIVER. THEY STAYED MOST OF THE DAY DOWN THERE AND ID SAY THERE WERE ABOUT 15 PEOPLE. HE DECIDED TO PICK ALL THE TRASH UP THAT EVEBNING AND TAKE IT BACK. HE GOT PULLED OVER OV THE WATER ON THE WAY BACK TO THE RAMP AND THEY ASKED HIM HOW MUCH HE HAD TO DRINK. HE THEN TOLD THEM HE PROB HAD ABOUT 8-10 BEERSOVER A 5 HOUR PERIOD(225 LBS MAN) THEY GAVE HIM A BOAT SOBRIETY TEST WHICH HE SEEMED TO PASS AND THEN ONE OF THE OFFICERS DECIDED TO SEARCH THE TRASH. UPON DUMPING OUT THE TRASH HE COUNTED 22 BEER CANS AND DECIDED THAT MY FRIEND MUST HAVE CONSUMED ALL OF THAT. HE TRIED TO EXPLAIN THAT ITS WAS A COLLECTION OF TRASH AND CONTAINERS FROM ABOUT 15 PEOPLE BUT THEY WOULD HAVE NONE OF IT. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT HE GOT A BWI FOR PICKING UP TRASH. IT TURNS OUT THAT THE REASON THE LAW WAS SO BAD IN THAT AREA THAT DAY WAS BECAUSE A BUNCH OF LOCAL KIDS Had BEEN TERRORIZING THE WATER WAYS WHILE GETTING REALLYH TRASHED AND VERY DANGEROUS.