PDA

View Full Version : Motor Man

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I need a good Hi-performance guy in the Fairfield Ca area.

Clearlake Kid
03-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Bailey Bros. Vallejo

vdriveride
03-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Bailey Brothers in American Canyon is a good choice. Fred and Sam do a great job on a friends sprint car engine...
http://www.baileybrothers01.com/index.htm
You might also look up Morgan's Machine and Marine in Concord.

lindalou
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Rex Hutchinson
Sacremento

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
03-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Bailey Brothers in American Canyon is a good choice. Fred and Sam do a great job on a friends sprint car engine...
http://www.baileybrothers01.com/index.htm
You might also look up Morgan's Machine and Marine in Concord.
In 1983 when I lived in Napa I went to Bailey Bros to have the motor looked at because it had been 8 years since the last rebuild. They didn't want to deal with it with replacing everything, rods, pistons,cam and so on. All I wanted was a R&R and replace anything that was bad. I wound up at L J's in Napa. When I called him this time he wanted to put a blowen motor in. I told him I gave the boat to my son and all he wants is someone to ckeck it out. He wasn't into that. Here is the story about the boat. I had the motor freshend up by a guy at LOTO I also had the tranny rebuilt. The motor and tranny sat for over a year without been run. My son came to pick up the boat so while it was on the trailer I started the motor and let it run for a long time, while it was running it startrd to put some blow by out the breathers. I called the guy that built it he said he used chrome molly rings and it will do that until they seat, he said put it in the water and run it. I did and it continued to do the same, plus it wouldn't get up to it's normal RPM (6000). I put the boat on the lift and ran it, it would rev up as high as I wanted. I took the floor board up and noticed there was a leak @ the tranny filter. Check fluid and had to add about 1&1/2 qt's. When taking the boat to the launch ramp I leaned on it and it started to smoke @ the bell housing and the motor. I Put it on the trailer and my son took off back to Ca. He needs some one to run the motor and say if the rear seal went or is it the transmisson(Turbo 400) or maybe a bad rebuild, the guys @ LOTO aren't as good as the ones in Ca. Sorry about the lenght of the post