PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices in Havasu/ Parker?????

NOTALENT
08-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know what the gas prices are like in Havasu and Parker right now???

NOTALENT
08-20-2003, 12:56 PM
BACK TO THE TOP...

summerlove
08-20-2003, 01:08 PM
Paid 1.77 for regular in LHC on Monday before coming home, but that was a long time ago!

NOTALENT
08-20-2003, 01:09 PM
I heard it was like 4.00 a gallon right now..

SBullet
08-20-2003, 01:10 PM
I paid $1.99 for super last saturday!

OGShocker
08-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Bropb16:
I heard it was like 4.00 a gallon right now.. I got a call this AM from a friend. $3.98 for 87 octane. Whether they're blowing smoke I don't know. I do know, the Chevy will have my 100 gallon slip tank in her when we head to the LHC tomorrow!
OGS

NOTALENT
08-20-2003, 01:30 PM
thats outrageous. I hear they are suppost to have the pipe fixed the end of this week. I hope that dramaticaly drops the gas prices.

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeah, gas shortage just like there's a friggin' sand shortage!
Regular here in Burbank is $2.04 a gallon and it's still going up.
When is someone going to blow the whistle on this $hit and expose the oil industry for what it is?!
This is their annual "let's raise prices and the media will blame it on Labor Day and increased end-of-summer driving since it's the last holiday we can do that this year" excuse.
All I hear is that the gas stations and the truckers don't make much on the gas and if you look at the ever growing profits of the oil companies this is easier to figure out than where our Hot Boat t-shirts are.
Between the lefties on one side and the oil companies on the other I'm ready to invite 'em all to a party and burn the place down. Everyone is in it for themselves - when did reason leave us - was it when Leave It To Beaver went off the air?

Rod-64
08-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Maybe department stores will now price-gouge locking gas caps and garden hoses. :mad:

Jordy
08-20-2003, 02:30 PM
BC said $1.77 at Parker Fuels earlier today...

HavasuBarney
08-20-2003, 02:32 PM
As of 3:30 PM today, super is $2.00 at Terribles

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 04:54 PM
Doh!
Gas prices expected to rise
Tight supplies, strong demand to push fuel costs higher
WASHINGTON, Aug. 20 — U.S. drivers can expect gasoline prices to rise over the next few weeks thanks to tighter motor fuel supplies and strong demand, the government warned Wednesday.
“WITH THE LABOR Day weekend less than 2 weeks away, gasoline prices are likely to rise even further on a national basis, as recent increases in wholesale prices continue to be passed through to retail markets,” the Energy Information Administration said in its weekly review of the oil market.
However, the Energy Department’s analytical arm said pump costs should ease in September as high prices make it profitable for refiners to produce more fuel “just as demand falls off following the end of the summer season.”
Last week’s massive blackout shut down three refineries in Ohio and Michigan and refineries in Ontario, Canada, causing a kink in gasoline supply lines.
EIA said there has been substantial progress in restoring operations at these refineries, but that not all the affected units are back up to pre-blackout capacity.
“These supply problems, coupled with strengthening demand in August, are putting pressure on retail prices,” EIA said.
The national retail price for gasoline increased 5.6 cents a gallon over the last week to $1.63, up 24 cents from a year ago and the highest level since early April, EIA said.
Prices on the West Coast jumped 17.3 cents to $1.89, the second highest weekly regional price rise recorded by the EIA. West Coast pump costs are up 36 cents from a year earlier.
“A price jump of this magnitude is a clear indication of significant problems with supply,” EIA said.
There have been several unplanned oil refinery shutdowns in California, and earlier in the month a refinery outage in Washington. A pipeline from the East that supplies about 30 percent of the gasoline used in Phoenix, Arizona via Tucson was shut down completely on Aug. 8 due to a rupture.
The pipeline may reopen this week, but not before pump prices in the city climbed to $3.89 a gallon at one gasoline station, EIA said.
“The result was to pull additional gasoline supplies from California, which had tight supplies itself already,” it said.
Because California is dominant in the West Coast gasoline market, this supply disruption has spilled over to most of the region, according to the agency.
source: MSNBC

h2oski2fast
08-21-2003, 01:08 AM
HavasuBarney:
As of 3:30 PM today, super is $2.00 at Terribles I can live with that: And I use mostly AV gas.

HighRoller
08-21-2003, 05:12 AM
The petroleum industry does not base prices on actual supply and demand.They base it on"perceived" supply.The news has gone on and on about fuel shortages which only effect the phoenix area but the rest of the stations within a 200 mile radius have capitalized.Here the prices have gone up 10-20 cents even though we get our gas from Vegas.Diesel prices skyrocketed when the Iraq war was getting close.The supply never changed at all through the whole Iraq war yet the oil companies jacked up prices because they had panic on their side.We have enough oil in the system to drown ourselves yet the oil companies restrict it to keep prices up artificially.As long as we the users don't have a voice they will bend us over.....

Essex502
08-21-2003, 06:07 AM
Look into the "Zone Pricing" practices by the oil companies and you will see that the joke is on us, the consumers. Zone Pricing is a legal tactic to allow collusion between the oil companies in a tight marketplace. Representatives of the oil companies go out at night and check the quantity and price of their competitors - especially independent stations - and adjust their pricing accordingly. This practice is well documented and legal. Do some homework and you'll see how bad this $hit smells. :mad:

beach gomer
08-21-2003, 06:40 AM
the guy who works on my boat in Havasu said on thursday prices have gone up but not like Phoenix.Havasu gets it's gas from Las Vegas.

Mr. Naudio
08-21-2003, 04:24 PM
Havent seen any even at $2.00 yet
sounds like some story making going on.

Mr. Naudio
08-21-2003, 04:31 PM
I heard it was like 4.00 a gallon right now..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I havent seen any price increases out of the norm.

Mr. Naudio
08-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Hear its bad in Phoenix

little rowe boat
08-21-2003, 04:40 PM
A friend of mine lives in phoenix and I spoke with him yesterday and he said some places were charging 4.00 per gal.I am supposed to meet him in Havasu tomorrow but he is not sure he will be able to fuel up to leave phoenix,due to gas lines.Does anyone remember the gas lines in Ca. in the late 70's ? He said it is the same chaos in AZ.only the prices for fuel are out of control. cry

Mr. Naudio
08-21-2003, 04:41 PM
Might just have wanted to get my post numbers up being new to the forum and all.
By the way (hello to all) have been lurking as others for awhile and know I will be welcome
and thats what im after.
(yeh right just might want to talk to other Aholes
at times)

Mr. Naudio
08-21-2003, 04:44 PM
I remember the (shortage) in the 70s but back east
We were running out of gas then also.
Good thing they grew more .lol

ColeTR1
08-21-2003, 04:45 PM
Mr. Naudio:
new to the forum Welcome to the Boards Mr. Naudio

little rowe boat
08-21-2003, 04:46 PM
Like I said on another thread the oil companies have us by the go-nads. burningm

Mr. Naudio
08-21-2003, 04:53 PM
I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! No long towes for you then. And thank you very much.

WaterBox
08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Got gas when I went to the lake today, it was 204 for prem. at the Chevron by smiths, And 189 at the Mavrick for Prem. :cool: