PDA

View Full Version : NFL - First Weekend (sorry Bear Down)

MagicMtnDan
09-07-2003, 08:26 PM
My Steelers looked awesome but it's only the first week.
I feel sorry for Bear Down but I warned him not to get his hopes up since he has our former QB, Kordell Stewart screwing things up (though I heard the offensive line was not good)...
49ers 49, Bears 7
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Jeff Garcia passed for 229 yards and two touchdowns, and Garrison Hearst caught a TD pass and rushed for another score as the 49ers sparkled in new coach Dennis Erickson's debut.
Ahmed Plummer returned an interception 68 yards for a score. Jimmy Williams and Brandon Lloyd made exceptional special teams plays in San Francisco's electric debut under Erickson, who replaced Steve Mariucci.
The 49ers took a 33-7 halftime lead with their biggest offensive output in a half since 1992. They punted just twice in the first three quarters.
New Bears quarterback Kordell Stewart went 14-of-34 for 95 yards, missing open receivers and forcing balls to covered ones.

JetBoatRich
09-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Nice start of the season, Bronco's all the way to the Super Bowl. :D

Johnwithjm
09-07-2003, 08:36 PM
GO STEELERS. Looks like we got a good QB. Good luck with Kordell :D

bear down
09-07-2003, 09:17 PM
MagicMtnDan:
My Steelers looked awesome but it's only the first week.
I feel sorry for Bear Down but I warned him not to get his hopes up since he has our former QB, Kordell Stewart screwing things up (though I heard the offensive line was not good)...
49ers 49, Bears 7
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Jeff Garcia passed for 229 yards and two touchdowns, and Garrison Hearst caught a TD pass and rushed for another score as the 49ers sparkled in new coach Dennis Erickson's debut.
Ahmed Plummer returned an interception 68 yards for a score. Jimmy Williams and Brandon Lloyd made exceptional special teams plays in San Francisco's electric debut under Erickson, who replaced Steve Mariucci.
The 49ers took a 33-7 halftime lead with their biggest offensive output in a half since 1992. They punted just twice in the first three quarters.
New Bears quarterback Kordell Stewart went 14-of-34 for 95 yards, missing open receivers and forcing balls to covered ones. A very tough day to watch my Bears! The first quarter was pretty cool drinking some cold one, but once the second quarter started so did the Tequila Shots!!! This game should humble the Bears a bit a bring them back to rare form. Through it all, my boys are still the best and will win the SuperBowl, but when is the question. No matter what we are the team to beat, but by how many points is the question. Next week we will win and kick the shit out of the Viqueens and have all the goldlock's across america crying. I will be in Chicago on their opening home game and you will see me on T.V against the Green Bay Fudge Packers. I will give Kordell 3 more games then off with his head and in will come in our QB of the future Rex Grossman. Thanks again MMD for you sympathy I sure need all the support I can get. Bear Down guys and remember.....Fighting Blue and Victory Orange BABY!!!!!

LUVNLIFE
09-08-2003, 03:44 AM
RAIDERRRRRRSSS......Par for the course. yuk

jbtrailerjim
09-08-2003, 05:27 AM
Johnwithjm:
GO STEELERS. Looks like we got a good QB. Good luck with Kordell :D I knew there was something I liked about you John. Go Steelers!!!!!!! Oh, and F**k the Raiders!!!!

Mandelon
09-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Chargers offense and defense for sale. Like new, barely used... :rolleyes:

Catatonic
09-08-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm with you guys...Go Steelers!!! I'm originally from the 'Burgh and just bought my tickets for the Steelers / Chargers game at Heinz Field in December. Gonna take my wife back to the "Blast Furnace".