PDA

View Full Version : memorial 2003 storys to tell, whos has them?

rvrkaosI
05-26-2003, 06:34 AM
Tell your stories about memorial weekend!

hot_diggity_dog
05-26-2003, 07:31 AM
The boat is running great with no damage. :D
No hangover :D
No waiting in the line to launch :D
No idiots to deal with. :D
Oh ya I didn't go because of those reasons. wink
HDD :cool:

jlnorthrup122
05-26-2003, 05:17 PM
Stayed close to home. But unfortunatly I saw some old ass ladies on a pontoon boat dancin with the stereo blastin some gay ass music. Took my 3 year old daughter out on the water for the first time and she loved it (I was only 1 year old my first time out.) So we had a lazy weekend. no drama.

NorCal Gameshow
05-26-2003, 06:32 PM
went out to bodega bay, caught some halibut, striper and salmon...knocked backed some brews...the ocean was awsome :cool:

Jrocket
05-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Well I gave some whoopn's and took some whoopn's...all in all it was great.Racing that is!!! :D

SandbarScot
05-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Kept the boat in a slip at The Beachcomber..best thing I ever did. No waiting in launch ramp lines all weekend. Great weekend at Havasu! :cool: Except for that guy that drowned in the channel. He popped up at about 4am today. They were still trying to figure out who he is at noon. :( I saw Nextasex cruise thru a few times with some fine ladys on board, Party Cat with OP6C flag waiving. I seemed like the Steamboat cove replaced the sandbar, which had just one boat (Mohave County Sheriff)

HCS
05-26-2003, 08:27 PM
norcal spectra:
went out to bodega bay, caught some halibut, striper and salmon...knocked backed some brews...the ocean was awsome :cool: Sounds killer. :)
That wasn't you at the river. :p

NorCal Gameshow
05-26-2003, 08:33 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
norcal spectra:
went out to bodega bay, caught some halibut, striper and salmon...knocked backed some brews...the ocean was awsome :cool: Sounds killer. :)
That wasn't you at the river. :p no river for me, but it was a little freaky out there in the fog and not seeing another boat for hours, good thing for gps or you'd be hearing about us on the news :D

Hallett19
05-26-2003, 10:09 PM
I went to Havasu this weekend and it was cool, I really miss the days of the sandbar though. Sat afternoon picked up some gay rental pontoon boat,(we were supposed to get some brand new bad ass 28 tri-toon) waited for everyone to gather their shit, so me and my friend Danny cruised out for a bit, saw some guys stranded with a slew of hot girlies on their boat. So I went to help and adopted 6 hotties to run to copper canyon with me, not a bad trade for a 400 yard tow to the launch ramp :D Well, some of the goons I went with ended up scaring the girls away. So we traded the 4 HOT chicks and 2 ok ones for the 4 monsters these guys brought. So as we are out with the whole crew, the boat starts taking small rollers over the front, it said 16 max, we had 13, and it was burying the nose when it would take little wakes and rollers over the front and taking on huge amounts of water !!!!! So I got off the boat and let them go do their thing and went to go throw a fuel pressure regulator on my boat and take it out. Basicaly the only fun I had this weekend was the night cruise I took on Sat night in my boat. Sunday the boat ran a little funny, backfired twice and didnt want to idle well, very intermitten problems. So I guess I didnt have all that much fun..... oh well, at least I got out of the house.
[ May 27, 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

NastyOne
05-27-2003, 07:22 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
The boat is running great with no damage. :D
No hangover :D
No waiting in the line to launch :D
No idiots to deal with. :D
Oh ya I didn't go because of those reasons. wink
HDD :cool: Thats some funny shit!

Boozer
05-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Someone stole my fenders.
To many jet skier's to really have a good time.
Drank lots of beer.
Gel Coat got scratched to hell by the docs due to lack of fenders.
The winch strap on the trailer broke while launching. Ghetto rigged it enough to pull the boat in but it didnt hold well enough to tow so the boats parked at a gas station about 25 miles away from my home. Gotta go get a new strap today and make sure they give it to me under warranty considering a 2 week old winch strap should not be breaking.

cyclone
05-27-2003, 07:52 AM
Stayed in Parker with RD, HB, Miss HB and numerous other cool peeps.
got to drive my boat real fast.
got to beat a whacka.
fixed numerous leaks.
saw lots of fine ladies.
hung out with several fine ladies.
had more fun that should be allowed by law. oh wait, i think we broke some of those. :)
the end.

Charley
05-27-2003, 08:33 AM
frustation point: On the water felt like a "dodge the bayliner or jetski video game"
Saving point: luckily our neighbors and buds have a private sandy beach with (2) 16' diameter paloppas...we sat on the beach most of the day.. that part of the trip with family and freinds was stellar!
low point: got a ticket... only 6 life vests/9 people on the boat...
food and beverage high point: lets see... martinis, Tecate and carne asada saturday night .
Pretty great trip but I just prefer a lot less traffic and access to the sandbar! :D

Lightning
05-27-2003, 08:44 AM
Went to Martinez this weekend, overall it was a pretty mellow, no major drama. On Sunday however I was starting to cruise up river and as soon as I turn to corner to head up to the first sandbar I see two guys holding on to a cooler with a bunch on cushions floating aronud them. Rubths (I think) got there just before me and was gathering the cushions and some other things that were floating in the water.
I cruised over to the two guys that were holding on to the cooler and told them to swin over to the boat and get in. One guy turns to me and says, "we're waiting for our friend to pick us up." :confused: WTF :confused: ...In retrospect I thought that was pretty funny.
[ May 27, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Lightning ]

SCUBA STEVE
05-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Left Thursday, didnt have the radiator cap on all the way, made it the where the 117 & 62 cross, before the truck over heated. 2 hrs later I figured out what the problem was... duh. Finally got on the water Thursday around 6pm met up with beer hunter for a few beers in the channel, Friday went to steamboat kind of dead but relaxing, Friday night hit kokomos. Saturday, went to steamboat again, met up with whipped caliber, party cat, stv kieth, trojan dan, saw nextasex from a distance. The sanbarjunkie crew was staying about 100 feet from me at crazyhorse but our timing was off the entire weekend. The channel looked like Riverkitty's pic's, CRAZY . We went through there Saturday morning and didnt even bother going through there again.
Sunday..... slept most of the day. :(
All in all had a great time, we are glad we got to hang with a few people from the boards, now we are looking forward to op6!! Oh yeah dont have too many great pix to post. We stayed away from copper canyon, and the channel this year, sorry guys. The boat didnt need another pontoon running into it.
[ May 27, 2003, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

superV
05-27-2003, 08:56 AM
Took my 20' Elim V-Drive to Lake of the Ozarks this weekend and had a Blast. First time out in the boat in big water and it ran great! :D It was dam funny pulling 30-40 foot boats with triples and all that other shit. I cant tell you how many big ass boats I handed thier ass too this weekend.
Me and my buddy would just sit out side party cove and what for victims to smoke.We would let them blow by run up next to them check out the hotties on thier rig and then mash it till they let up then turn around and go talk shit to them for getting thier ass handed to them by a 10K 21yr old V-Drive :D ROTFLMAO :rolleyes:

uvindex
05-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Was beached at the south end of the channel, east bank, all weekend. This is where the channel narrows, so we saw about a million traffic jam cluster-fu*ks from our spot.
Late Saturday afternoon, one boat was literally on top of another boat in the channel in front of us. Looked like the front boat was backing down, while the rear boat was throttling forward. Guys on the underneath boat were diving into the water (I would too if a boat was coming down on top of my head.) At first everyone thought somebody was missing in the water -- guys were diving to the bottom of the channel looking, but turned out nobody was missing. I think one guy on the underneath boat was injured -- I hope not too bad. I can't recall the boats all that well -- the underneath boat was called, "baby girl" I think. Its windshield was wrecked where the rear boat got on top of it. I was hoping somebody on the board might have more details -- this happened near the spot at the south end of the channel where a bunch of DCBs were beached.
Sunday afternoon some drunk idiot, never saw him before, boards my boat looking for "Jason" (don't know him either) -- he was a major drunk, belligerent a-hole, and I hope he ended up getting arrested, punched, or both that day.
Another great Memorial Day Weekend in Havasu! :)

bear down
05-27-2003, 09:05 AM
My buddy was in his 26 daytona when he went into the no wake zone at copper canyon a bit too fast. The S.Bernardino Sherriff took him in on a O.U.I. What can he expect from this. Is this a moving violation? Will it effect his license or driving status? Insurance? Any info would be great. He blew a 1.1. Thanks

UtlGoa
05-27-2003, 10:33 AM
He's F%#&ed!!!!

dimarcobros
05-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Are you sure it was a 1.1 and not .11? Shouldn't he be dead if he blew that high?

Phat_Kat
05-27-2003, 10:36 AM
First the sleekcraft needed some annual matinence that I had put off so it didn't get in on saturday. Then I got stuck with my old mans, dare I say it... Seadoo boat(my mom likes it not him) so that screwed the first day. On sunday I got the sleekcraft in and just my luck every asshole on earth decided to get on as well. Normally it's just a lot of idiots on jetski's but the boats were worse than I have ever seen. It was choppy but the tunnel didn't have a whole lot of trouble through it. I pulled the boat out of the water after about 30 minutes and waited till near dark and ran the crap out of the boat till I couldn't see anymore. On monday I got up around 5am, left at 6am and did some runs between aha quinn and paradise point. Then the wakeboard boats showed up and I had to leave cause the wakes were so big I through the boat was gonna explode if I hit one at 70-80mph. Pulled the boat out at the end of the week and all I got was about 3 hours of driving time and a few pics which I'll post soon.

hboldno7
05-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Did Anyone see the Masked Man on the Dance Floor at Fox's Saturday Nighr??? Or the Guys Running around red rock in G-strings???? Or How about the Masked Man in a G-string riding His low rider Bike around Red Rock???? Did anyone get to see Taco Bills New Apron? Yeah, I have way to many story's from this weekend of alcohol abuse. Thank God I left my Boat in the Driveway.

Boatcop
05-27-2003, 10:51 AM
You want the # to a good lawyer? He did a great job on my case. Your case was in La Paz, Dave. His is in San Berdoo. The DA over there actually prosecutes cases, instead of just making them go away with a slap on the wrist.
As far as what to expect over there. Lawyer bills, fines, jail, screenings, classes, and the possibility of loss of driver's license. Definitely points on the License.
If you've had any previous DUIs, then what UTLgoa said is true. You're F%#&ed.

Seadog
05-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Rained cats and dogs Saturday, but I got my boat under a dock roof. Since I had obligations, no sweat about the rain. Sunday was cold and windy. Lost my new cell phone overboard, a fender disappeared, got slammed into a bridge abutment by a sudden gust of wind (minor damages, but need upholstery repairs) and my BIL's dog got on the boat and scratched himself to where he bled on the carpet. Monday was much better.

UtlGoa
05-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Hey Alan,
Did you hear anything about a guy getting chewed up from a prop north of the diversion dam? I think it was somewhere up by Water wheel? In all not a bad holiday weekend. I know we wrote a load of cites, and handled a few accidents. I was glad to see you guys had a boat out. When is your dept going to give the guys on the lower river a new boat? That boat is not much better than a bayliner..... jawdrop

TahitiSteve
05-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Monday anchored in a calm slough on the Mississippi with around 20 boats all tied together some A-hole in a ~26' cabin cruiser decides take his boat up on plane next to all of us. Throws rollers everywhere, probably scratched up a couple boats. Then further up the slough he runs about 40 mph straight into the submerged sandbar throwing a nice rooster tail of sand and mud.
Get back to the dock and about 15 mins later another cabin cruiser gets towed in fast sitting very low with the bilge pump running constantly. They hit a submerged log and ripped the stern drive off and did some hull damage. About 20 of us bailing, leveling, tying the boat off. Got 3 sump pumps running. Finally got all the holes plugged with rags and got the water level dropping. Hoist running the whole time and finally got enough water out of the boat to lift it.

superV
05-27-2003, 12:46 PM
hboldno7:
Did Anyone see the Masked Man on the Dance Floor at Fox's Saturday Nighr??? Or the Guys Running around red rock in G-strings???? Or How about the Masked Man in a G-string riding His low rider Bike around Red Rock???? Did anyone get to see Taco Bills New Apron? Yeah, I have way to many story's from this weekend of alcohol abuse. Thank God I left my Boat in the Driveway. Do you always pay that much attention to cock? :rolleyes:

Powerquestboy
05-27-2003, 01:07 PM
Anyone see the little kid in the Channel sunday dancing his a$$ off! It was absolutely hillarious. I was a couple boats down from him and he had so many people watching him there was some pretty good bumper boat action because of it.
Anyone else almost kick the crap out of the fat guy giving out t-shirts to chicks that will take off their top for 5 seconds? They are some girls gone wild wanna be company. I about ripped his head off when he approached my girlfriend, like she's dumb enough to take her cloths off for shirt.

hboldno7
05-27-2003, 01:11 PM
superV:
hboldno7:
Did Anyone see the Masked Man on the Dance Floor at Fox's Saturday Nighr??? Or the Guys Running around red rock in G-strings???? Or How about the Masked Man in a G-string riding His low rider Bike around Red Rock???? Did anyone get to see Taco Bills New Apron? Yeah, I have way to many story's from this weekend of alcohol abuse. Thank God I left my Boat in the Driveway. Do you always pay that much attention to cock? :rolleyes: No SuperV, Im not always paying that much attention to "Cock" But I do tend to live vicariously through my single freinds at the river, and all mentioned in my previous post happend to be in our group.

Rubths
05-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Lightning that was me you saw trying my best to help gather there shit, that boat went down so effen quick! My wife was on the bow scooping cushens, food, an ezey up and everything else they had flooding down river until several big boats went through giving up some more big wakes I started taking water and that was enough for me, I wasnt going to loose my boat in the same spot.
Still cant belive how quick that boat went down.
Funny thing happend later that day over at Martinez ramp, these mexican guys were starting shit threatening the old guys on the doc and they had a white boat with blue flames on a trailer, we yelled over to them that it wasnt cool the way they were talking to the old guys on the doc, they came running over to us with the whole gang sign slap my hands on my chest fighting time moves ready to rumble until I mentioned that it was me that pulled there shit out of the water.
The only person I got to hang out with was BBC502 Bill, Lightning my trailer is only a few spots down from bill at fishers come by this weekend for a brew so we can meet! Look for the Deepsand sticker on the back of an 04 30ft Weekend Warrior
I should be there every weekend till the season is over.

bear down
05-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Boatcop:
You want the # to a good lawyer? He did a great job on my case. Your case was in La Paz, Dave. His is in San Berdoo. The DA over there actually prosecutes cases, instead of just making them go away with a slap on the wrist.
As far as what to expect over there. Lawyer bills, fines, jail, screenings, classes, and the possibility of loss of driver's license. Definitely points on the License.
If you've had any previous DUIs, then what UTLgoa said is true. You're F%#&ed. Actually it was a .11 my mistake, I was surprised that they did not take his license away. Do they treat a O.U.I. as a D.U.I. or is it a lesser of the two evils? This leads me to another question.
Who has what Jurisdiction in what waters in Havasu.
Copper Canyon= California- San Berdoo Sherriff
Channel= Arizona L.H.V. Police Dept.
Sand Bar= Arizona La Paz Cty. Sherriff
Lake Havasu- ????
Havasu Springs-???
Parker-???

77charger
05-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Beardown my brother got one at copper last year by sbdo sherrifs he lost his license,16 weeks of AA,boting safety and yes affected his driving record.It is the same as a car in ca.
Boatcop i have to agree with you on what you said as long as you aint there on a second visit :D (i sure wont be)I take it as a lesson learned