PDA

View Full Version : Another great Weekend Havasu 9/28

hot_diggity_dog
09-30-2003, 06:47 AM
The weekend
Well another great trip to the lake ended.
Started off on Saturday playing mechanic trying to tighten a simple fuel line with every wrench but the Focker I needed. Cruised up to the Sandbar With XRated, Boat floating, 6 Dollar Boat, and Hallet19. Took a quick speed run on Deano's 32 Force, and fired up the BBQ once we got back.
The killer sashimi bluefin with smoked Yellowtail with some fresh Mango salsa goes out for appetizers. The fish goes on the grill and all of the fellow boaters start to anticipate a killer HDD fish taco lunch.
BUT, WTF, HDD leaves the tortillas in the other ice chest in the truck. HHHMMMMMMMMMM.
Plan "B" Fix grilled fish Sandwiches for the Mrs. HDD and her sisters, and Send XRated on a Speed run for Torts to Golden Shores.
A little while later here comes XRated back with two packs of Torts. The story behind the torts. Well the store didn't have any so she ran up to the restaurant and asked if they have any, the cook say's here's two dozen, and no charge for you honey.
I guess the G-String helped on this one http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/55Gil_Corina-med.jpg
It was nice to see that Michelle (Walock25) and John had made it out on the lake. She is starting to feel a little better, but was not 100%. She said to say hi to all of you.
Cola, Race1Jeep, and Keith Sayer did a drive by to say high, Warlock25 & Steve0123 from Colorado in his 28 DCB eneded up hanging and Mbrown2 was there sitting on the other side.
It was really crowded with the Advantage Regatta and some other event's going on as well.
Weather was unreal. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/55Windsor_9_29_03-med.jpg
Ended up just chillin in Steamboat on Sunday with Deano, XRated, Cola, & Tobywan.
After all season with no sightings we finally got to see a Big Horn sheep come down to drink. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/55Big_Horn_Sheep_9_29_03-med.jpg
Not to many photo's as I had my hands full, I'll get some this weekend.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/55Steamboat_Cove_9_29_03-med.jpg
Hot (Love This Boating Dealio) Diggity Dog :cool:
[ September 30, 2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

OGShocker
09-30-2003, 06:51 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Party Cat
09-30-2003, 07:32 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
Started off on Saturday playing mechanic trying to tighten a simple fuel line with every wrench but the Focker I needed. I heard ya had a minor issue...... wink wink

Mr.Havasu
09-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Awesome Pics!
We haven't seen any buck horn in a couple of years, where was that one?
It was great getting out there this week end, We missed most of the season this year between boat and health problems.
We will be out there with Camera this week end for sure. Actually, the lake is glass right now and the temps going to be over 100 today, we just might have to take a run this evening after work.
See you all this week end.
[ September 30, 2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: warlock25 ]

steve0123
09-30-2003, 08:02 AM
Hey Glen,
enjoyed finally meeting you guys, the food was spectacular as well as the sights lol. We had a long trip back, wish we were still at the river...
Stu

hot_diggity_dog
09-30-2003, 08:16 AM
Hey Glen,enjoyed finally meeting you guys, the food was spectacular as well as the sights lol. We had a long trip back, wish we were still at the river...
Stu
Stu,
You guy's are hardcore wink 1000 mile trip to Havi eek! , and you left Boozer at home :) LOL
Let me know the next time you guy's are comming out. wink
HDD :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
09-30-2003, 08:29 AM
lucky focks!! I was stuck at home this weekend!
We are thinking of extending our season one more week and making it to the poker run at the end of October!! :D I hope it stays hot though. :cool:
[ September 30, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Mandelon
09-30-2003, 11:52 AM
HDD always comes through with the updates. Must be nice to go so often.....you are one lucky awesome taco maker mofo! :D

hot_diggity_dog
09-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Oh Ya Scuba I forgot, this is for you Bro! :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/55Magic_Ger-med.jpg
HDD :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
09-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Yeah... :D :D
Thanks HDD!
R U coming out to parker for op6? :confused:

Party Cat
09-30-2003, 12:10 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
At least ya got to watch your football game on Saturday :D :D
If ya were at the sandbar....ya would have missed it .....

Slick
09-30-2003, 12:20 PM
Looks like fun as usual.
Michelle,
Glad you're feeling better :D

SCUBA STEVE
09-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Party Cat:
SCUBA STEVE:
At least ya got to watch your football game on Saturday :D :D
If ya were at the sandbar....ya would have missed it ..... Where is that middle finger monkey at? wink :D

Chase
09-30-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey HDD, I sooo want to go down there to participate in some of the activities. It sounds like you guys (and girls) have soo much fun, and seem to be willing to meet new members all the time.

RJ Nordic
09-30-2003, 08:47 PM
You're correct, it was a great weekend. Wife and I also chilled at Steamboat on Saturday. Saw the sheep too, a little one and a bigger one getting drinks. Everyone in the cove was polite and respectful to them, just watched and no one fired up their engines and made too much noise. :)