PDA

View Full Version : college Football Ratings?

BUSTI
09-15-2003, 02:47 PM
College Football Ratings have come out and how does your favorite team rank. Is OK really that ggod ..seems to me they are. Ohio State is not playing like the no. 1 team they claimed to be at the start of the season. they are lucky they are not 1-2.
My Trojans I believe are should be no. 2! As I predicted Pete Carroll's challenge would be to keep his boys focused for the easy teams. The week off should help them a lot. Especially Bing's ankle. With momentum now on our side the PAc 10 seems like ours to lose> If we play every conference game at our potential there isn't a serious challenger on our schedule. Linart now with 9 touchdowns is averaging 3 TDs per game and in Interception per game more than good enough to win the PAC 10.
UCLA is in dissaray and probably won't score a touchdown against OK or USC. That team is hurting. Poor Notre Domers you have to be sick. No promise of any offense on the horizon and it is a pretty sound bet this won't be the only time the irsh get shut out this year. And I find it baffeling because at Stanford Tyrone coached an inventive and up field offense with talent less than he has now. However he didn't play the schedule he is now. Maybe he wasn't the coach for the job.
Well I just love college football and Florida State, like Ohio State, is lucky they are not 1-2.
what do you think? I still stand on my previous prediction USC could run the table and be undefeated! :D

TrojanDan
09-15-2003, 03:27 PM
It's only a matter of time before Ohio State runs out of LUCK and loses a game. As long as SC keeps on doing what they are doing, they will eventually move up (since Ohio St. is bound to lose soon). But I am deeply sorry to see the Auburn Tigers fall out of the top 25 in just the first two games of the year. cry :D

sorry dog
09-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Why? Tubbs is a moron.

sandblasted
09-15-2003, 07:26 PM
As a professional Trojan hater it pains me to see them doing so well and UCLA choking! The Bruins could have won the Colorado game, if they had receivers that actually could hang on to the ball!...
On the bright side, Auburn was way overrated and Hawaii is a team USC should beat easily...No surprise there...I have to admit USC has the better team than UCLA this year but they will not have a walk in the park with the PAC 10 this year..Washington State is looking real good, Oregon had another decent team and by the time USC-UCLA meet anything can happen...The underdog has won plenty of those rivalry games...
enjoy your wins. If USC can win out than they deserve to be in a top BCS bowl...I do think they are better than Ohio State..but the West Coast never gets the respect from the football gurus back east...

El Chingon
09-15-2003, 10:37 PM
But I am deeply sorry to see the Auburn Tigers fall out of the top 25 in just the first two games of the year. cry :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
Look at the bright side,they scored their first touchdown in their third game of the year. :rolleyes:

THOR
09-16-2003, 05:56 AM
I cant believe you guys have enough time to hop off of the bandwagon, post, and then get back on. You must be fast. :D

fear the turtle
09-16-2003, 05:58 AM
I think the BCS may be in trouble this year and see multiple undefeated teams. IMHO USC and Michigan are the top of the class right now. Oklahoma and FSU close behind. I could see the 4 teams going undefeated. Oklahoma and FSU(very dangerous game against Colorado this week) have a really tough schedule, which in all likelyhood will make them jump USC and UM in the BCS rankings, but also gives them the greatest probablility for a loss.
As it stands now, I would love to see USC and Michigan in the rose bowl. Oklahoma and FSU in the Fiesta. Then give anything to see the winners square off.
And don't count OSU out just yet, those close games can build alot of character for big games later in the year.

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 06:02 AM
THOR:
I cant believe you guys have enough time to hop off of the bandwagon, post, and then get back on. You must be fast. :D Where do you get all this bandwagon talk from?
btw where's my beer. :D :D

THOR
09-16-2003, 06:19 AM
Do you want flat,warm beer from the mail? Seriously?
Or, would you rather me deliver it to you from my ice cold cooler while at the sandbar?
BTW, I know you, Trojan Dan, and El Chingon are loyalist, but Busti came out of nowhere.

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 07:13 AM
THOR:
Or, would you rather me deliver it to you from my ice cold cooler while at the sandbar?
BTW, I know you, Trojan Dan, and El Chingon are loyalist, but Busti came out of nowhere. Hand delivery please. :D :D

Blown 472
09-16-2003, 07:23 AM
Busti, football??? they are not very high tech are they??

THOR
09-16-2003, 08:56 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
THOR:
BTW, I know you, Trojan Dan, and El Chingon are loyalist, but Busti came out of nowhere. Hand delivery please. :D :D I thought you would say that....

BUSTI
09-16-2003, 10:01 AM
I have been a Trojan rooter since I attended my first game in 1959. Ever since I registered on this forum I have been posting up heralding USC even at the risk of being obnoxious. I have sent my kid brother, he's 13 years me Jr., and my son there as well. Both graduated as Trojans. I am certainly not "out of no where". Last year I predicted FUCLA and the irish may not score a touchdown against us and if they did it would be luck!....pretty damn accurate!
USC and the Wolverines have a situation that could be dangerous. I caution both teams not to make to much of there victories over Auburn and the irish respectively. Both teams were obviously way over rated and have proven out to be very weak teams. Hell BYU gave the Trojans more trouble than Auburn did! Both teams could be really up there in the hunt but SC for me has to beat Oregonand AZ State soundly before I can really and honestly say they deserve to be no. one. I love my team but I'd rather have the respect of the rest of the college football world with those two victories than to be just a bandwagon rider.
We will see what Mich does with Oregon.
Personally I am rooting for the Ducks! Overall
the Trojans have the best chances to win the PAC 10 and with their defense they could go undefeated. I firmly believe that every major coach and sport writer in the country believes that the USC DEFENSE IS THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY. I also believe that these same people feel that our offense is suspect. Good! I hope that the rest of the Trojans opposing schedule thinks the same thing!

fear the turtle
09-16-2003, 10:58 AM
FYI - Don't know if any of you follow the recruiting circles but I just read USC is on the verge(He named them his clear cut leader) of landing another stud WR. 6'4" 4.4 speed from NJ. Top 6 nationally.

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Busti I agree w/u. USC still has to face some tough pac 10 teams. Dont forget wsu.... even w/o gesser they are still playing tuff.
It would be nice if the ducks can beat up on Michigan, but I doubt that will happen. Right at this moment it would be nice for USC to meet Michigan for the national championship, or at least the rosebowl! :D But I wont get ahead of myself just yet.

THOR
09-16-2003, 11:37 AM
BUSTI:
I have been a Trojan rooter since I attended my first game in 1959. Ever since I registered on this forum I have been posting up heralding USC even at the risk of being obnoxious. I have sent my kid brother, he's 13 years me Jr., and my son there as well. Both graduated as Trojans. I am certainly not "out of no where". Last year I predicted FUCLA and the irish may not score a touchdown against us and if they did it would be luck!....pretty damn accurate!
USC and the Wolverines have a situation that could be dangerous. I caution both teams not to make to much of there victories over Auburn and the irish respectively. Both teams were obviously way over rated and have proven out to be very weak teams. Hell BYU gave the Trojans more trouble than Auburn did! Both teams could be really up there in the hunt but SC for me has to beat Oregonand AZ State soundly before I can really and honestly say they deserve to be no. one. I love my team but I'd rather have the respect of the rest of the college football world with those two victories than to be just a bandwagon rider.
We will see what Mich does with Oregon.
Personally I am rooting for the Ducks! Overall
the Trojans have the best chances to win the PAC 10 and with their defense they could go undefeated. I firmly believe that every major coach and sport writer in the country believes that the USC DEFENSE IS THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY. I also believe that these same people feel that our offense is suspect. Good! I hope that the rest of the Trojans opposing schedule thinks the same thing! Go play in the SEC and we will see how you do.

El Chingon
09-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Hand delivery please. :D :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
And I want YOU pumping my gas in my boat. :p
Hey scuba! Aren't you and i gonna be at the sandbar this saturday? Let's invite Thor.

THOR
09-16-2003, 12:21 PM
El Chingon:
Hand delivery please. :D :D And I want YOU pumping my gas in my boat. :p
Hey scuba! Aren't you and i gonna be at the sandbar this saturday? Let's invite Thor. [/QB][/QUOTE]
I will be shaking those beers all the way to your boats. wink

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 12:31 PM
thats right el chingon!! :cool:
Thor do I need to save room in my cooler this weekend?? :D
No shaken beers please. (I said please) :D
btw the only good team in the sec is georgia. lol :D
[ September 16, 2003, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

THOR
09-16-2003, 01:59 PM
and LSU, GA, Bama, Tennessee, and....

Up 4 River
09-16-2003, 02:21 PM
I can't talk any S@#* because my Irish got absolutely crushed this past Saturday. I do have these thought on the college football season so far.
Ohio St is way over rated and will loss probably at least two games in the BIg 10. I like Oklahoma, but their defense showed signs of vulnerability against Bama down there. Bama had at least 100 yards of receptions that were called back because of bad calls by the ref. Like calling the receiver out of bounds when he was truely in bounds. In a20-13 game that could have made a big difrerence. I can't Fing stand Miami! A bunch of trash takling players that the east coast media haas hyped up so much their heads may explode. They should have lost to Florida, who will make some noise in the SEC this year.
NO team in the SEC will go undefeated because of the depth in the conference. A one point or another they will probably have Florida, Tennesse, Old Miss, LSU, Bama, Arkansas & Auburn in the top 25.
That is the same reason I feel that the BIg 12 will not have an undefeated team. Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M & Kansas St.
Michigan has looked good this year and they should be happy the Big 10 is not great by any means this year. Purdue losses to Bowling Green. Wisconson lost to UNLV. Penn St is 0-2 in Unhappy valley. Ohio St should have lost to SDSU and NC St. Iowa may be the only competition for Michigan. MSU may have a pride issue and give them a little competition, but I doubt it.
I have said from the beginning of these post before the season started that the PAC 10 would be extremely weak. Washington was suppose to be the next best to SC and lost badly to Ohio St who we know is not as good as people thought. UCLA is a lot better than I expected and will get better. Oregon St is bad, and proved it against Fresno st. ASU is SC biggest competition. WSU will surprise some people this year and looked very good last week. The maority of their defense is back. Almost their entire coaching staff is back and Darnell DArling is a big threat as always. Cal got handled by K State and Stanford is nowhere to be seen.
FSU will have good games against NC St, Maryland, Miami and Florida.
Just my thought on the season so far.

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 02:28 PM
THOR:
and LSU, GA, Bama, Tennessee, and.... [/b]
All losers except for Georgia. Sorry frown

BUSTI
09-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Do you think the BCS should be abondoned? I do and the NCAA should have a playoff sysytem. The bowls could still be played and the best 8 could play a playoff system in January. the bowls could be used to qualify for that final eight.
What do you think?

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 02:33 PM
up4river Just admit USC is the shit this year!!
j/k

Up 4 River
09-16-2003, 02:34 PM
I think that they need a playoff system. SC would have liked one last year and I know my Irish could have used one in 93 when they gave it to FSU even after we beat them that year.

Up 4 River
09-16-2003, 02:37 PM
They are dope this year. I will give it up for them because of the family alumni and Shaun Cody who is a Los Altos kid. Known him since he was like 5 years old. The worst thing is I will be going to some games with the brother-in -law
It is nice to see the SC girls on a hot sunny SAturday in the fall walking through campus. SC tank tops and baby T's never looked so good.

BUSTI
09-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Up4River all good reasons for a playoff system. but the way every pollster comes out in the east it is as if the no. 1 spot is just granted to Miami and its their to lose. Granted Ok is no 1 now but they could very well be 2-1. I'd stack up USC's BIG "D" against Ok anytime and if we have the year I think we are capable of having we just might see Ok and USC in the big game. And if USC makes it there don't be surprised if their defense shuts down their opponents just like we did Iowa last year.
I would rather be the Trojans this year than anybody they face! Anybody! Our defense is capable of shuting down anybody they play this year and even shuting out most of them.
Do you really think they will ever replace the BCS SYSTEM? BOY I HOPE SO.

THOR
09-16-2003, 03:17 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
THOR:
All losers except for Georgia. Sorry :( Just come and play there for one year. Then, have a playoff where you play the best team in the East or West SEC. The PAC 10 cant even hold a candle the the SEC, or BIG 10 for that matter.
How many Pac 10 slugs in the top 25?

sandblasted
09-16-2003, 03:28 PM
THOR:
SCUBA STEVE:
THOR:
All losers except for Georgia. Sorry :( Just come and play there for one year. Then, have a playoff where you play the best team in the East or West SEC. The PAC 10 cant even hold a candle the the SEC, or BIG 10 for that matter.
How many Pac 10 slugs in the top 25? It's early still...The question is how many Pac 10 teams will be in the top 25 at year end? I recall Auburn was ranked until they got stomped...Early rankings don't mean a thing!

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 03:31 PM
5.... I think thats pretty good. Considering the pac ten always seems to get punked in the polls. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 03:36 PM
BUSTI:
Do you really think they will ever replace the BCS SYSTEM? BOY I HOPE SO. shorten the season by 1 game and have a play off.
Thats the only way to do it.
If you really think about it rankings can be fixed!! Just like boxing. :D

River Lynchmob
09-16-2003, 03:47 PM
SC is going to keep stomping, Leinart is going to do nothing but get better as he matures and the defense is the sickest in the land period. and mark my words UCLA will loose next weekend to SDSU.

beyondhelpin
09-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Oklahoma! How about those Sooners! Corn fed and ready to put all others to bed!

THOR
09-16-2003, 06:55 PM
River Lynchmob:
SC is going to keep stomping, Leinart is going to do nothing but get better as he matures and the defense is the sickest in the land period. and mark my words UCLA will loose next weekend to SDSU. Stop. I personally know Leinart and he is a good dude. But, passing 2 screens to Williams and letting him break away for over 70 yeard each time is not a 70+ yard pass. That is called 'run after the catch'. Much different than connecting for a 20-30 pass. Take away Williams and Leinart is done.
BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts.

CEO
09-16-2003, 07:17 PM
First of all, I love UCLA. Yes I know, we suck and will for at least another year in football! We suck also in basketball, but not for long. I hate USC, when the Bruins play, but I can deal with them other wise. Pete Carroll has them playing very well and they are deep. I see the rankings like this Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Miami, Ohio St, for this week.
my 2 cents
CEO
[ September 16, 2003, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: CEOinSoCal ]

SCUBA STEVE
09-16-2003, 07:47 PM
THOR:
River Lynchmob:
SC is going to keep stomping, Leinart is going to do nothing but get better as he matures and the defense is the sickest in the land period. and mark my words UCLA will loose next weekend to SDSU. Stop. I personally know Leinart and he is a good dude. But, passing 2 screens to Williams and letting him break away for over 70 yeard each time is not a 70+ yard pass. That is called 'run after the catch'. Much different than connecting for a 20-30 pass. Take away Williams and Leinart is done.
BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts. I hear what your saying. I am still not convinced the offense is top notch. The defense has been putting them in great situations. Hey Tampa & Baltimore won Superbowls with solid defense. :D :D Why didnt Booty get any PT last week? They say Booty is practicing with the first team this week. Bad move if you ask me.... Why fix something if it aint broke... The Alum & boosters must be putting pressure on the AD, to play him. :confused:

River Ric
09-16-2003, 08:52 PM
College Football is hear season again. As I sit hear and talk to my son about his high school practice today, I can't help remember playing ball, even though is was 100 years ago. Ok maybe 25 years ago. I love all of the optimistic fans and alumm's like myself that live and breath for this time of year. Last season was the most incrediable college football season since I last played in '79. My buckeye's went 14-0. I have heard all of the excuses that everyone has said and when all was said and done, we were the only undeafeted team in the country. Our first National Title since the late 60's. As much as I am for cheering for whoever is playing SC, I must say that Carroll has done a great job with his boys. they look top shelf in my book. UCLA is, well rebuiling and ASU looks good too. PAC-10 has a shot this year but whoever said that they don't have the same play as the SEC or the Big 10 is right. That's why I choose to back east and play. I am looking forward to a great season and hope that all of you go to some of these great games. We were at the Rose Bowl on Sat. and glad to see UCLA pull off their first win with the new coach. Go BUCK"S :p :p :p :p :p :p

fear the turtle
09-17-2003, 05:48 AM
I like the BCS, although it could use a little tweaking. I think all the discussions and controversy is good for the sport. And I think the bowl system works best for spreading the wealth and image that more teams are champions or had successful seasons. Granted it doesn't work best for declaring a true National champion, but what it does do is declare 1 national champion and 15 bowl champions. IMHO, a playoff system would be to detrimental to the fans and athletes appreciation for their team going 8-4 and winning the peach bowl. It would be an all or nothing mentality and unfortunately that would eliminate all but a handful of teams each year.
I'm sure none of this is making sense, I'm terrible at trying to get a point/opinion across. :confused:

Sand Dawg
09-17-2003, 06:12 AM
wsu...a little bit louder...now

River Lynchmob
09-17-2003, 06:28 AM
THOR:
River Lynchmob:
BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts. Leinart is a Soph with 3 starts unders his belt. he will improve. I don't remember Palmer comming out and burning up the field fist first season or two or maybe it was three eek! but mu point is with play time your confidence improves along with that your play does too.

TrojanDan
09-17-2003, 08:33 AM
Up 4 River:
UCLA is a lot better than I expected and will get better.
Just my thought on the season so far. Step away from the crack pipe! 6-3 win over Illinois. The only way they'll get better is if their receivers either learn to catch or invest in glue. :cool:

River Lynchmob
09-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Up4 had a paste eting problem as a small child and it has evolved into a full fleged crack addiction...come to think of it i think thats one thing all FUCLA fans have in common :D

uclahater
09-17-2003, 10:41 AM
THOR:
River Lynchmob:
BTW, Booty is your next QB by year's end. You heard it here first. I am not the only one that is saying that. Just ask the experts. Thor I agree with you that williams makes linehart look alot better, but its USC's defence thats going to get them there if they make it. As for you UCLA and Notre Dame Fans go to Costco and buy a case of Rolaids cause you guys dont have Shit!!!!!!!!!! :D

Up 4 River
09-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Wow, looks like I got bashed a little bit yesterday! Lynch, you said that Palmer did not get batter until his 2nd or 3rd year at SC. You and everybody else were on his nuts in his Freshman season before he got hurt. The only reason he developed the way he did was because of the coaching by Norm Chow. I personally think that Leinhert is overrated, but is ina system that will allow him to be an average quarterback and win games. That's the way it is in college football, and that is one of the great things about it.
I am so sick of Miami and a I agree with Busti that the east coast schools get better ratings.

Up 4 River
09-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Wow, looks like I got bashed a little bit yesterday! Lynch, you said that Palmer did not get batter until his 2nd or 3rd year at SC. You and everybody else were on his nuts in his Freshman season before he got hurt. The only reason he developed the way he did was because of the coaching by Norm Chow. I personally think that Leinhert is overrated, but is ina system that will allow him to be an average quarterback and win games. That's the way it is in college football, and that is one of the great things about it.
I am so sick of Miami and a I agree with Busti that the east coast schools get better ratings.

SCUBA STEVE
09-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Up 4 river.... you didnt have to double post to get your point across. lol :D
I am still a fan of a play off system. The pros & every other college sport has a play off system. Look at the college basketball, there is always a chance of a 16 seed making it to the finals. Who cares if an 8-4 football team wins all their play off games and makes it the championship. That just means the 10-2 teams didnt step up when they should have. wink Just my .02, not that it will change a thing. :D

River Lynchmob
09-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Up4 Norm Chow is the shit and he'll get everything he can plus a little out on Leinart, just for the record i never said he was great i said he'll get better with experience.
I agree with Scuba i'd love to see a playoff system with at least 8 teams that would make college football that much better.

Sand Dawg
09-29-2003, 06:09 AM
WSU...a little bit louder....now

Brendella
09-29-2003, 06:28 AM
How about them Nebraska Huskers, Go big red.
there doing better this yeah do to new coaches.

Havasu_Dreamin
09-29-2003, 06:49 AM
BUSTI:
I still stand on my previous prediction USC could run the table and be undefeated! :D Care to re-assess that one????

SCUBA STEVE
09-29-2003, 07:49 AM
Havasu_Dreamin:
BUSTI:
I still stand on my previous prediction USC could run the table and be undefeated! :D Care to re-assess that one???? lmao... Cal sure played their asses off! USC still had a few chances to win, but decided to run the ball? wtf? :confused:

Sand Dawg
10-06-2003, 06:26 AM
Back again....WSU...a little bit louder now

BUSTI
10-06-2003, 11:45 AM
The way the Pac 10 beats it's self up ... its obvious that this conference won't have a team in the BSC championship game. Whats up with Washington? USC went from great against Auburn to just above average now! The Cougars are a good football team but they can't compete for a BSC title game.
And I can't believe how many teams across the country are making a come back for their programs. Take a look at Minnesota and Michigan State! I hate to say it but ucla kicked the shit out of the huskys! What does that mean? Are the bruins ready to play like that every Saturday? If so ....look out they could beat some good football teams.
The week after the loss to Cal...Pete Carrol apoligized for not having the senior starters ready for the game. In fact he even gave many of them several days off during the 2 week lay off. He claimed they spent to much time evaluating freshman for next year and redshirt strategies with players like Booty. Thats bullshit! He should have measured the task at hand and prepared the team like he did for Auburn! Props to cal they deserved the win!
I wasn't happy with the fact that AZ State won the first half and then we came back and won the 2nd half..thank God! Well if the Trojans can play all four 1/4s for the rest of the season they could play for one of the big bowl games. But highly unlikely they could get to the big game with 1 loss provided they win the rest. And what happened to the Wolverines? Ohio State is the paper a tiger in the top 5 and OK appears to me to be solidly the best in the country. And finally I think the domers could lose the entire years schedule. They probably won't but willingham is in trouble if he has a losing season. notre dame is an embarrassment to the that schools fine history. Or maybe like the bruins they will get it together. Texas doesn't play defense so Ok will crush them!
The bruins had a solid performance from their qb, 16 out of 24 completions with 258 yards against a good husky team was impressivethe offense did a great job for them. But in my books defense is more important at this level. The defense showed vast improvement for them however when the Trojans play them they will have to put Matt Ware on Mike Williams and he either wins that battle all day long or the bruins best defensive play will be so preoccupied withe the nations best wide reciever that kerry Colbert is open all day long and scores 3 touchdowns in a USC blowout of the bruins. Personnaly I wouldn't put Ware on Williams one on one and I would try and run the zone team coverage to guard Williams that they employed aginst the Huskys...it worked.
The Trojans now have found a down hill north and south runner in (true freshman) Lendale White as he ran for 140 yards in his first start. If anything came from evaluating freshman the two weeks before the Auburn game Ledale White was worth it!!!!!!!!! This kid is the real deal!!! I can't honestly brag about how fabulaous my trojans are since they have performed so average. Of course i'll still root like hell for them And if run the table for the rest of the season we could wind up 3 or 4 like we did last year but we will wait and see.
Well thats how I see the Pac 10 so far up till now and also the Beavers are going to win alot of games this year also..what do you guys think?
FIGHT ON TROJANS!!!! fucla says it all. When we lose the world is surprised when the domers and the baby bruins win the world is shocked!!!

U-Haul
10-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Looks like the Cougars have a better record than the USC Condoms. The big day will be on the first when they match up and decided the pac 10 champion and rose bowl participant.
GO COUGS !!!!

eliminatedsprinter
10-06-2003, 04:28 PM
The college ratings are worse than worthless. Until they have playoffs in D IA, like they do in D IAA, D II, and D III, D IA football, to me, will just have one long exibition season with no championship.

BUSTI
10-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Sprinter, you are absolutely right! We should have a bowl system! Two close friends of mine are on the Rose Bowl Exec. Commitee and they tell me IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! The big Bowls own the NCAA. Each bowl provides so much revenue to the top 25 colleges and universities that all go to the bowl games on a regular basis that they do not want to surrender that money to a playoff system.
A playoff system would ruin the bowl sytem as we know it because of the dates the bowls are played on and the time a playoff sysytem would have to be played according to the experts. Hell we couldn't have playoff system in February could we? I would love college football in February! College football would have to chose and abondon the bowls for a more important system tad amount to some thing like the college basketball playoff system. In basketball the regionals take the place across the country like football bowls now. Each has there own significance except the regionals have a common goal providing a playoff system and a universally recognized national championship!
And finally, Uhaul tell the cougars to bring help they are going to need it when they meet the MEN OF TROY!!! Here kitty kitty!

BUSTI
10-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Sprinter.. I meant we should have a playoff system!!

eliminatedsprinter
10-07-2003, 11:33 AM
I know what you mean. The money of the big bowels and the NCAA's long standing and seemingly genetic resisitance to change will keep it from happening.
However, if they did, there is no reason to re-invent the wheel and make the season last until feb. Just look at how D IAA, D II, and D III do their football seasons and playoffs and play legit national championships at their respective levels.
[ October 07, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

SCUBA STEVE
12-08-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Busti I agree w/u. USC still has to face some tough pac 10 teams. Dont forget wsu.... even w/o gesser they are still playing tuff.
It would be nice if the ducks can beat up on Michigan, but I doubt that will happen. Right at this moment it would be nice for USC to meet Michigan for the national championship, or at least the rosebowl! :D But I wont get ahead of myself just yet.
Dam I should have put money on this quote! (except for the Ducks beating up on Michigan)

TrojanDan
12-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Dam I should have put money on this quote! (except for the Ducks beating up on Michigan)
Just look at it this way, we saved serious coin on that trip to NO plus we still get to see our beloved Trojans play for a National Championship (A/P nonetheless) on the Bruins home turf. :D Did you get your tickets already? Face value on them is $130 to give you an idea on the price. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
12-08-2003, 10:38 AM
I agree, no havent got my tickets yet. Tickmaster is supposed to put out what ever they have on wed. I saw that face value was $125. Anyway I'll pay broker prices for this event if needed.
Thinking about renting an rv as well. :D :D

BUSTI
12-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Scuba,
Thanks for resurrecting this thread! Well lets see...early this year i predicted that USC would win the PAC 10...DONE! Then lets see as well I predicted we would travel to South Bend and humiliate the domers in their own house! DONE! Oh lets not for get fucla...as I fore saw they would be destroyed by their mighty and vastly superior cross town rivals THE MIGHTY MEN OF TROY! DONE! And finally I said we would be number one in the country at seasons end! DONE! I predicted we would smash the Cougars as if they were a JR college team! DONE! I stated with out doubt the BCS was a joke and more often than not would fail to produce a clear cut champion...Boy was I right! Little did I think it would hurt so bad to be right though.
Where was I wrong? Only once ..we did not go undefeated in the PAC 10. Over all pretty damn close and damn good projections back 3.5 months ago I would say. So as I have been called on this board before..I CARNAC the MAGNIFICENT..all knowing, all seeing, all truth telling: i predict on News Year Day USC will wiin the ROSE BOWL! And claim their half of the split championship.
Here is the editorial question. How can the number three and two teams play for the championship? Also! Why or how can you have a championship game with out the number one team playing?
LEST THERE BE NOMISUNDERSTANDING...WE TROJANS ARE PROUD TO BE IN THE ROSE BOWL! WE ARE NUMBER ONE ..RANKED BY THOSE THAT KNOW! WE ARE EQUALLY PROUD TO BE PLAYING THE WOLVERINES! THEY ARE WORTHY OPPONENTS BUT THEY WILL LOSE!
How can OK play for the championship? They didnt even win their conference! The BCS has been around what since 1998? the BCS has failed three times to have the number one and number two teams in the final game. Thats 50 per cent of the time the BCS is wrong! The old system was infinitely better. Maybe the coaches and Associated Press polls were in comflict...what 3 percent of the time in 40 years? That means they got it right 97 percent of the time!
The Rose Bowl is the standard by which USC fans judge their coach, their team, and their season! I for one am proud to be at the Rose Bowl...we are number one! The BCS is embarrassed and the BCS Bowl Cooridnator this morning on TV admitted that next April the rules comittee will meet to change the system to ensure this never happens again. The BCS is truely the BS C now!
Fight On Scuba and Trojan Dan!

bronco88
12-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Whew!
You guys are really going at it.
Here is a little distraction for you.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1227swallow.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
12-08-2003, 02:02 PM
Great post Busti!
Everything you said is true. The system is whack. The Rosebowl will be a great game as well. :D

Kilrtoy
12-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Wow you guys are long winded,
thank a breather and relax. Its only football
not like its boating or anything

BUSTI
12-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Kilr,
Your attitude that, I qoute "its only football' is so typical of non-Trojans, namely bruins, and that is why ucla loses so much! That attitude permeates the whole bruin football culture. It is why ucla strives to be average..and it shows.
We Trojans can't ever make a distinction between life, boating or what ever and football. For us winning at football is every thing! Every thing else we do is sweeter when we are winning at football. You see without our a winning football team we are not truely happy people. There are a few other programs like that across the country...very few but there are a few.
Scuba,
the future looks great for Troy and from what I here 4 high school All Americans have verbally comitted to USC next year! Two offensive line men and a kicker as well as another 6'4" wide reciever! Wait till February and just wait and see how many of the top high school recruits will sign letters of intent with Pete Carroll!!! The road to the National Championship next year will run through USC! we will be every bodies preseason Number 1! We are, with our recruiting, on the verge of creating a dynasty that could last for the next 4 years!
Linart and Williams will be candidates for the Heisman next year!
As i said this year if USC is on your schedule next year you don't want us to be! Beating up on the Wolverines this year will give us Number 1 rankings in the ESPN, Associated Press and the Coaches Polls by this years end and rightfully so we will claim our half of the National Championship! We will take it because we earned it and we really don't even want part of the silly bcs champioship that the bcs will give to the number 2 or 3 teams beneath us!
Oh I forgot I should end this rant its only football SO SAYS KILR.....Kilr you have it wrong at Troy:
ITS FOOTBALL ONLY!...WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES...WE WILL ON NEW YEARS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
FIGHT ON FOR OL SC!

JakeAisA
12-09-2003, 12:02 PM
A few years back at an SC game I heard the absolute truth about what SC haters are really all about. It was from a drunken super San Jose State fan that had painted his body, his face and was wearing a fake affro that was painted the San Jose school colors. We were in line getting bear when this guy rolled up with a couple of his fellow San Jose fan buddies--they were all plastered. We're standing in line and it's all SC fans and just these three San Jose State fans when this guy starts going off about how screwed SC people are and how full of shit we are. The guy was probably a UCLA fan who was there becuase he wanted to see SC lose more then he cared to see UCLA win. I say this becuase the guy was making many of the old drunken, bitter, jealous arguments about SC that UCLA fans do. We were all there in line just laughing at this guy go off on our trojans. Finally, things got embarrassing for him though when he said: "Oh yeah, you guys think you're just so high and mighty. You think you're better then then the rest of us. You're just snobs. Why? Because you have nice cars and beautiful women, SC doesn't have anything else, do they?" Just then, this middle aged SC guy turned around, with a beautiful blond on his arm and yelled at the San Jose guy: "You dumb ****..That's what it's all about!!!"
The croud around the beer stand errupted in laughter at this idiot becuase everyone realized that the exchange that just occured was completely honest by parties. The San Jose State moron openly admits that SC grads and fans are superior in everything everything we do and he's just jealous that he'll never measure up. The SC guy was open about his value of being being the best and not being apoligetic for it.
This is the essence of what it means to hate USC.

eliminatedsprinter
12-09-2003, 01:11 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I can't think of anything more stupid than to hate, dislike, or even care at all about what team or teams someone else likes or cheers for.:rolleyes:

BUSTI
12-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Sprinter ...you must be from ucla also!

eliminatedsprinter
12-09-2003, 01:58 PM
Nope, the college I competed for lost it's football team. So, in fact, I pull for USC in football, because some of my HS friends and former rivals ran and played football for S.C. I think it's fine to pull for a team. It's just dumb to really care what team someone else roots for. :rolleyes: Although it's great to joke around and tease about it. I for one loved seeing Kilrtoy in his Trojan pasties.:cool: It's only the stupid negitive side of sports "fanaticism" that bugs me. It's cool to be a sports enthusiast. It's lame to be a true fanatic, who argues and gets pissed off about the outcome of games that they have no stake in.:rolleyes:
P.S. I'm not accusing anyone on these boards as falling into this catigory. I'm just popping off because, I've been in a sour mood ever since I smoked my powerhead.:eek!: Now there's something to get pissed about:yuk:

beyondhelpin
12-09-2003, 02:10 PM
The AP and Coaches poll give bias to the end of the season where as the BCS takes into account the whole season including non conference games.
Although we (OU) got beat Saturday by K State making them the conference champs with our strength of schedule and the way we annihilated most teams I still believe OU should still be #1. But you damn sure could not tell the way we played Saturday.
The team that played must have been aliens because we did nothing right. Dont want to take anything away from KSate though because they played a hell of a game. Overall does anyone believe that they are a better than team than OU?
The loss would mean more to me if there was a real playoff not a fluke of a one time loss to a team that should never have come close to winning. If any one has watched OU play much this season they would have seen the dynamic of this team and there would not be a hole lot of question here. Over half of our games we had second and third string players in there getting turf time.
You guys have no idea how much I want USC to play OU in the Sugar Bowl. You have a hell of a team and I wanted to see just how good they were. But we screwed up and that wont happen. Really it was your strength of schedule that keep you out. Not your fault though.
In case any one want to remind me yes I know we lost our conference.
BCS NEEDS A REAL PLAYOFF!!!!! ONE CONFERENCE GAME IS NOT A SIGN OF AN ENTIRE SEASON.