PDA

View Full Version : HavasuDreamin....

burbanite
08-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Had a good day with your crew at Raccoon Saturday...... not quite so good at Morse on Sunday!
Watched the race on TV from the island, found a guy with a Hondo T-deck/402, the usual suspects were involved.
Bad part was - motor was running good so had to take advantage of some relatively smooth water.
Long story short, it tripped, hooked the left sponson and spun. Broke the screen as the water came in, ..... lost the sunglasses but the hat stayed in the boat! And, for the first time in it's life the engine kept running!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/84021.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/84022.JPG
Anyway, hope all goes well for you guys in the next couple of weeks, you are cool people and deserve the best. Let's have a water based post nuptial celebration some time soon.

HavasuDreamin'
08-05-2002, 07:04 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but glad to know that everyone is alright (and the hat wink ). One more trip that reinforces the notion that "something breaks every time out."
Hope you had a decent time on Saturday. Felt kind of bad that you drove all the way out and only got 3-4 hours in. It seemed that just about the time the party got going, it was time to pack up and leave. :( What can I say, my bonehead friends only rented that thing for 4 hours. At the end of the day, they realized the errors of their ways.
If it were me, I would pull the remaining plexy glass off the front and put the screws/washers back in the holes (so the holes don't get any bigger). Then, if you can either find a new wind screen or fabricate one, then go for it over the winter. On the other hand, if the screen doesn't do much (which I don't know), I think it might be cool to run it with out. Glad to hear that the motor ran fine all weekend. Funny, mine did too, not one "hard start." :)
However, Tracy flooded the boat pretty well on Sunday. I am teaching her how to manuver it on and off the trailer (instead of holding it). I put her in the driver seat after firing it up and push her off........she gives it just a little to much gas in reverse and whamo.....lots of water over the back. Well we didn't see how much water until getting under way. Next thing you know.....I am rushing back to the ramp.......LOTS OF WATER in the center pod. Put it on the trailer, pulled the drain plug and let it drain for about 3 minutes on the ramp.....back in the water and had a good day. Hey.....give her a hard time about this next time we are out.....okay?
Yes, we will have to have that water based post nuptual....hopefully in Sept. As I said, the next few weeks are chaos for us. Aug 10th we will be in Coldwater.........Up for a road trip?? Would love to see you (so would Karlyn :rolleyes: )! The 17th we are up north in Indiana for some finalizing on the wedding plans. The 24th is the big day. The 31st we are in Fiji. The 7th we get back from Fiji. The 14th we most likely move into the new home. The 21st.....that is a boating weekend hopefully. The 28th is hopefully a boating weekend as well. I am hoping for a warm fall........we will have to make a few runs out to Morse for sure.
We are both very glad to have met such a cool person from the boards. I was talking to Tracy on the way home yesterday and we both agreed that we will need to get together a few times over the winter at the local watering holes. Keep in touch! Tell Heather we said Hi!
[ August 05, 2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

burbanite
08-05-2002, 09:37 AM
HavasuDreamin':
Hope you had a decent time on Saturday. Felt kind of bad that you drove all the way out and only got 3-4 hours in. It seemed that just about the time the party got going, it was time to pack up and leave. :( What can I say, my bonehead friends only rented that thing for 4 hours. At the end of the day, they realized the errors of their ways.[QUOTE]
Had a great time, it's only about 1 1/2 hours door to door, well worth the journey for even 1 hour of boating.
I will be running without the screen for a while, it is good for deflecting the small waves as they come over the bow :) so I guess it is useful.
[QUOTE]However, Tracy flooded the boat pretty well on Sunday. I am teaching her how to manuver it on and off the trailer (instead of holding it). I put her in the driver seat after firing it up and push her off........she gives it just a little to much gas in reverse and whamo.....lots of water over the back. Well we didn't see how much water until getting under way. Next thing you know.....I am rushing back to the ramp.......LOTS OF WATER in the center pod. Put it on the trailer, pulled the drain plug and let it drain for about 3 minutes on the ramp.....back in the water and had a good day. Hey.....give her a hard time about this next time we are out.....okay?[QUOTE]
I don't think I'll be mentioning anything to Tracy about that, it's hard enough to find someone competent or confident to help, I wouldn't want her to be put off coz then you'd not only be back to doing it alone, you would also have a dockside critic D
Tell me about water! I looked like one of those fire fighting barges giving a display - all three pumps shooting streams out the sides. It made my eyes do this..... eek!
[QUOTE]Yes, we will have to have that water based post nuptual....hopefully in Sept. As I said, the next few weeks are chaos for us. Aug 10th we will be in Coldwater.........Up for a road trip?? Would love to see you (so would Karlyn :rolleyes: )! The 17th we are up north in Indiana for some finalizing on the wedding plans. The 24th is the big day. The 31st we are in Fiji. The 7th we get back from Fiji. The 14th we most likely move into the new home. The 21st.....that is a boating weekend hopefully. The 28th is hopefully a boating weekend as well. I am hoping for a warm fall........we will have to make a few runs out to Morse for sure.[QUOTE]
My youngest daughter is staying with me this week while her mother and her sister are in Florida, she is nearly impossible to get in the boat! She got scared when she was young by a Top Fueler firing up while we were at the races and has hated loud engines ever since so Coldwater might not work, but, you know me, I could just turn up.
[QUOTE]We are both very glad to have met such a cool person from the boards. I was talking to Tracy on the way home yesterday and we both agreed that we will need to get together a few times over the winter at the local watering holes. Keep in touch! Tell Heather we said Hi![/QB]Heather is still bummed (again) that she missed being out with you guys - at least she can hear about it from me :D :D

HavasuDreamin'
08-05-2002, 09:55 AM
Cool, then we will look for you on Coldwater! wink
If for some chance you do make it up, we will be on the sandbar on Marble Lake. That is the lake that is the furthest north!
Take it easy!

HavasuDreamin'
08-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Alright................isn't it amazing how quick plans change. Little miss K has an ear infection from swimming to much.......go figure? So the trip is off. No Coldwater trip in the future for me. :( Keep in touch!

snappertapper
08-05-2002, 05:00 PM
had a similar incident last winter except it was rough like 5 foot wave and both stearing cables broke when running my 225 evinrude i was thrown from the boat and almost caught hypothermia!! scary expirience