PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell update

tsunami
08-18-2003, 03:40 PM
Just returned from Powell yesterday. The water is extremely low. Stateline launchramp is closed and one dock has already been removed. Many underwater hazards through Antelope point and past the narrows. The main launch ramp is still open but is very crowded. The water temp at Cookie Jar was 86 degrees most of the week. Saw a bad accident Saturday while returning to the marina. Go to Hot spots west for details. If you guys are planning a trip there in the near future be very careful of the hazards. Most are NOT marked and sneak up on you very quickly.

SoCalOffshore
08-18-2003, 03:41 PM
What about the Waheap area?

tsunami
08-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Wahweap was open but very crowded due to the overflow from stateline. The weekends are the worst. Most of the larger houseboats dock there to load and offload and tie up alot of the dock space. The water is receding about 2 to 3 inched a day. They plan to extend the ramps during the winter like last year but the water issue is critical. The pass between castel rock and antelope island is high and dry. I don't see any way that will open even next year. We have a 75' houseboat and the trip around antelope point added another hour and a half to my trip.

tsunami
08-18-2003, 03:50 PM
Wahweap was open but very crowded due to the overflow from stateline. The weekends are the worst. Most of the larger houseboats dock there to load and offload and tie up alot of the dock space. The water is receding about 2 to 3 inched a day. They plan to extend the ramps during the winter like last year but the water issue is critical. The pass between castel rock and antelope island is high and dry. I don't see any way that will open even next year. We have a 75' houseboat and the trip around antelope point added another hour and a half to my trip.

DEEZ NUTTS
08-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Myself or my wife have no problem jumping onto and walking through the houseboats clogging up the dock to get the truck. Most people dont have a problem with it, but some make a comment or two.

riverliver
08-18-2003, 07:31 PM
http://www.wayneswords.com/images/hramp81103.jpg

Irishluck
08-18-2003, 09:39 PM
What's with the low water level?

Raskal
08-18-2003, 10:03 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/510/158P8120329-med.JPG
the water is like 92 feet low .and they are in a 4 year drought the ranger told me that the water is going to go anoter 30 feet or so before it starts to go back up .