PDA

View Full Version : wifes being a witch, no river she says....

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:28 PM
My wife has put on her Dr. Evil cap tonight, and cancelled our river trip! cry She doesn't want to stay at Super 8, rather she wants to stay at the Blue Water, which is 2x the price. eek! I myself would rather sleep in the boat, as we have a mid cud, but of course being sentimental to the situation, chose a motel. She says NO! devil The words that have come out of my mouth are beyond what I can write.... burningm
Has anyone else had these situations??? I am pissed off right now, on the fact the weather is great, the beers are in the fridge, and I'm stuck at home picking up dog sh*t! argue

little rowe boat
05-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Maybe it's just that time of the month.

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:33 PM
little rowe boat:
Maybe it's just that time of the month. Well that was last week, does an attitude adjustment linger over longer?? :confused:

Tom Brown
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
That's spousal abuse, rvrkaosI. If you end up in divorce court, you'll get everyting.
Joking aside, can't you at least get out for the day?

Stupid Fast
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Trade her in for a newer model. :D
Been there heard that. Makes you want to go by your self and leave her bad aditude self at home eek!
P.S you are never stuck anywhere.

Jrocket
05-30-2003, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear that.In the 14 or 15 years that I have been with my wife,she has never told me what I cant or have to do.She's a keeper I guess... :D

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Tom Brown:
That's spousal abuse, rvrkaosI. If you end up in divorce court, you'll get everyting.
Joking aside, can't you at least get out for the day? 5 hour drive to Havasu, and believe me, I would leave her at home if I could, but I don't want to leave my son at home, and my wife won't let him go alone, as he is 2 years old.... He's a river rat though in my books, loves to go fast!

mike37
05-30-2003, 07:37 PM
whats wrong with super 8 ???

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Jrocket:
Sorry to hear that.In the 14 or 15 years that I have been with my wife,she has never told me what I cant or have to do.She's a keeper I guess... :D My wife used to be that way before we were married... what happened?? :confused:

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:40 PM
mike37:
whats wrong with super 8 ??? My point exactly!!! Just becuase the carpet was a bit old, she went ballistic.... :mad: I thought this place was o.k. not the ritz, but hey, you are on the lake from 7am - 11pm, and sleep only about 4 hours. It's only one night.... my 2cts.

Stupid Fast
05-30-2003, 07:40 PM
rvrkaosI:
won't let him go alone, as he is 2 years old.... He's a river rat though in my books, loves to go fast! Since when was him being with you being alone?
eek!

little rowe boat
05-30-2003, 07:41 PM
I guess im one of the fortunate ones,as long as there is a clean bed and a shower, my wife says lets go.

Infomaniac
rvrkaosI:
Tom Brown:
Joking aside, can't you at least get out for the day? 5 hour drive to Havasu, and believe me, I would leave her at home if I could, but I don't want to leave my son at home, and my wife won't let him go alone, as he is 2 years old.... He's a river rat though in my books, loves to go fast! You may not want to but you need to. A precidence will be set either way.
Tell her see ya and go to the lake. I would not hesitate to do so. Still married after 16 years.
As a matter of fact all I have to say is we are taking the fast boat today. The girls stay home and the boys have fun. Their choice.

Tom Brown
Look...
Buy her a vibrator... watch junior while she gets off a few times... and then hook on and get your ass to Havasu.
:)
Women! :(
... but sometimes smile_sp

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Stupid Fast:
rvrkaosI:
won't let him go alone, as he is 2 years old.... He's a river rat though in my books, loves to go fast! Since when was him being with you being alone?
eek! exactly, we (son and I) go on our bike rides at Huntington Beach to Newport during the summer, and he loves to eye the chicks! Well my thought anyways... He has a great time, but I guess my wife doesn't feel comfortable with the fast pace atmosphere such as Havasu.. :confused:

Stupid Fast
05-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Infomaniac:
You may not want to but you need to. A precidence will be set either way.
Tell her see ya and go to the lake. I would not hesitate to do so. Still married after 16 years.
As a matter of fact all I have to say is we are taking the fast boat today. The girls stay home and the boys have fun. Their choice. Well said.

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Tom Brown:
Look...
Buy her a vibrator... watch junior while she gets off a few times... and then hook on and get your ass to Havasu.
:)
Women! :(
Tried that, didn't work, no joke! The part with the female pleasure tool... smile_sp
... but sometimes smile_sp

little rowe boat
05-30-2003, 07:46 PM
Just go, she will get use to it.

Kim Hanson
05-30-2003, 07:46 PM
Don't get her," HER " own boat, that brings on a whole new world of hurt down on your ass! Take my boat, leave yours here,the girls want to tube..etc...I can't drive your's and I want to drive not sit!
Thank God, no dog-shit though!.......( . )( . )........

jlnorthrup122
05-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Hey wait till you guys go to bed at home (make sure you have arleady ****ed) then when she falls asleep put your bare ass in her face and wake her up and fart in her face simutaniously. Not realy who the **** would do that. I heard a story about that once and the dude let a little more that methane out. It sounds like you just need to tell her to **** off or something or you could incourage her to go do her thing wile you do yours pacifie the bitch. If the weather around hear didn't spell bad news I would be out on the river rite now instead of waitin till tomarrow. I guess I will have to behave cause some dude drowned last weekend in my routine spot on the river and now I got the atorities all over. usualy there is never any one on the river below town sept me and my crew occasionally you run into a drunk or 2 or the old guy and his cujodog (mean this dog looks like cujo ond has the temperment) sitten on there dock in front of there house and that is it. Anyhow leave the bitch at home you only live one life and if that woman wants to cry thats unfair you went out and she didn't just tell her that it was her choice not to do anything.

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Infomaniac:
rvrkaosI:
Tom Brown:
Joking aside, can't you at least get out for the day? 5 hour drive to Havasu, and believe me, I would leave her at home if I could, but I don't want to leave my son at home, and my wife won't let him go alone, as he is 2 years old.... He's a river rat though in my books, loves to go fast! You may not want to but you need to. A precidence will be set either way.
As a matter of fact all I have to say is we are taking the fast boat today. The girls stay home and the boys have fun. Their choice. Did this last year, and boy when I got home, it was like satin came alive and possed her! She was so pissed at me devil becuase I forgot to call on the second day and also I didn't get home until dark when I was promised to be home in the early morning. What do you expect though, memorial 2002, girls everywhere, foam party at Sundance in parker, and allot of girls at are pad. All fun though, nothing to incriminate myself.... :rolleyes: Plus I had a bit to drink the second day, like 30 or so.....
I guess that idea won't fly again soon.. frown

RJ Nordic
05-30-2003, 07:49 PM
I know the feelin. To mine the Ramada and Holiday Inn are roughing it They don't have room service.
We have come to a better understanding after setting down and looking at the credit cards and check book. We can go once a month and rent a nice house for 250 a night or go 3 time a month and stay at the Ramada or the Island Suites across the street.
Hey think about that call them, idea last time we were there we got a week stay for like 275, only used it for 3 night so it worked out ok. Number is 928-855-7333, down side is they have a king bed only suites and the love seat does not make into a bed. But a 2 year old won't know the diifference.
Any river time is better than NO river time. Also if $ is the only issue figure 5 years from now what will a weekend addition to the credit card be anyway. But I would definately take some of her favorite CD's to help pass the time rather than have to listen to the ..%^&^#^*(*(^ argue

Infomaniac
05-30-2003, 07:51 PM
It appears you have answered your own question.
You needed a shoulder to cry on rather than advice. The deal is done.

Infomaniac
05-30-2003, 07:53 PM
You guys have way different boating environments.
5 very nice lakes within 45 minutes of the house. A leave the wife at home thing for me is only for the day.

jlnorthrup122
05-30-2003, 07:56 PM
originally posted by info:
You guys have way different boating environments.
5 very nice lakes within 45 minutes of the house. A leave the wife at home thing for me is only for the day.
That is mental abuse dude you should call the cops on her ass and send her to jail for domestic abuse. :D

sandblasted
05-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Don't be a cheap bastard! Take her to Bluewater, and be happy she wants to go to the river...I've yet to meet a woman that would rather stay at the "super 8" over a resort...

GlastronGuy
05-30-2003, 08:00 PM
I am not sure what the big deal is. Leave the wife and kid at home. I love both of mine but we aren't joined at the hip. I especially wouldn't want to watch a 2 year old by myself at the river. There will be plenty more trips they can go on.

GlastronGuy
05-30-2003, 08:04 PM
rvrkaosI:
Did this last year, and boy when I got home, it was like satin came alive and possed her! She was so pissed at me devil becuase I forgot to call on the second day and also I didn't get home until dark when I was promised to be home in the early morning. Totally different situation. She let you go but you didn't call or come home when you said you would. A call would have fixed either of these problems.

locogringo
05-30-2003, 08:07 PM
welcome to the fun.
Maybe this will help...
A man and wife were married for 40 years.
They went back to the Hotel they stayed at on their wedding night on their 40th anniversary.
She jumped into the bed threw off her clothesspread her legs as far apart as she could and said "C'mon".
All he could do while he looked at her was weep.
She asked him what the matter was and this is what he said...
"On our anniversary night when I saw you like this all spread eagle I wanted to do nothing but eat you. Now it looks like it wants to eat me!

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Just called Ramada in Havasu, rooms available for 89.95 - 10% for AAA, told the wife, but she now says it too late to pack and get ready. What the f*ck! I get a better place, sport out the extra 35.00, and she still doesn't want to go! I guess I'm just screwed for this weekend! cry argue

Infomaniac
05-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Dude - where are the stones man?

little rowe boat
05-30-2003, 08:16 PM
I guess we know who wheres the pants in that family.

syke-o
05-30-2003, 08:19 PM
take your balls back out or her purse, call one of the homies, and hit the highway.... :D

Tom Brown
05-30-2003, 08:21 PM
rvrkaosI:
I guess I'm just screwed for this weekend!Not at all. I'd say you're screwed for the length of the marriage.
rvrkaosI, if you're trolling with this thread, my hat is off to you. Brilliant. If you're being serious, I strongly encourage you to take the money you were going to put the Havasu trip and put it into marriage counselling. It sounds to me like you and your wife are barely able to communicate. You're both frothing at the mouth but you're here on the board and she's probably in front of the TV with red throbbing temples.
By the way, I wouldn't go to the lake alone either. It's no fun by yourself. I'd call a buddy and be gone... even at this late hour. :)
-- Tom

Rexone
05-30-2003, 08:21 PM
A couple nights sleepin in the back of the truck or on a cot and the Super 8 will look much better to her. idea

Jrocket
05-30-2003, 08:22 PM
rvrkaosI:
Did this last year, and boy when I got home, it was like satin came alive and possed her! She was so pissed at me devil becuase I forgot to call on the second day and also I didn't get home until dark when I was promised to be home in the early morning. What do you expect though, memorial 2002, girls everywhere, foam party at Sundance in parker, and allot of girls at are pad. All fun though, nothing to incriminate myself.... :rolleyes: Plus I had a bit to drink the second day, like 30 or so.....
I guess that idea won't fly again soon.. :( So the old "Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission" thing aint gonna do it for ya? :rolleyes: Step 2,eat as much chili and beans as you can all weekend.Should have the house to yourself or be on the way to the river alone with in the first 3 or 4 cans I would think!!! :D

little rowe boat
05-30-2003, 08:31 PM
It's time to sit her down and have a heart to heart and find out what is really going on. :mad: :confused: idea

PlayTime
05-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Sounds like she has come down with a case of Im pregnant. Thats followed by a case of youll need to sell the boat to buy the new baby a crib. Just playing. Sucks to be you.Always next weekend.

Seadog
05-30-2003, 08:57 PM
You need to tell her calmly that you love her and therefore, you are not going to play power games with your marriage. Go to the lake, with or without her and the son.
When you get back, let her know that if she wants to stay at a better place, she needs to give you more notice so you can look at how to afford it. Tell her that if plans need to be changed, it has to be a mutual decision.

mtndewdrops
05-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Sometimes it is better to go along with the extra expense and let the wife have her way and then maybe there will be a payback in it for ya :cool: ...
You have to pick your battles...make sure it is a win win!!!
:D :D :D
Jrocket:
Sorry to hear that.In the 14 or 15 years that I have been with my wife,she has never told me what I cant or have to do.She's a keeper I guess... :D Okay, which is it 14 0r 15??? :confused: My wife and I tied the knot in 1989 :) ...14 coming up in July.
[ May 30, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: mtndewdrops ]

JetBoatRich
05-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Go without her jawdrop

MagicMtnDan
05-30-2003, 10:45 PM
There's this:
http://www.bethanns-attitude.com/mug-bitch-pic.gif
Or, there's this:
http://jeffmash.com/pictures/PerfectWoman-.jpg
[ June 01, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Everyone has some good advice here and there. Looks though as I'm screwed for the river this weekend. Hopefully I'll make it before 4th, if not though, I'll be at Parker on the 4th for sure. No if's or buts! But damn, half the summer is already gone cry I guess I maybe at Perris this weekend, sh*t, the hommies with their 22' rims, what fun that is :(
I have to look at it as a body of water, and the boat is floating.....think positive yuk

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 10:53 PM
MagicMtnDan:
There's this:
http://www.bethanns-attitude.com/mug-bitch-pic.gif
Or, there's this:
http://jeffmash.com/pictures/PerfectWoman-.jpg Now only if my wife looked like that.... burningm

JetBoatRich
05-30-2003, 10:54 PM
Think positive, thats it. devil

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 11:00 PM
JetBoatRich:
Think positive, thats it. devil Thanks, still trying, in fact staring at a hot boat mag on the desk, and looking a pics are the closest to Havasu that I will see this weekend.. burningm

JetBoatRich
05-30-2003, 11:09 PM
Hook the boat up now and leave, there is still time wink
Sure a lot easier for me to say :)

rvrkaosI
05-30-2003, 11:11 PM
JetBoatRich:
Hook the boat up now and leave, there is still time wink
Sure a lot easier for me to say :) IT's tempting, everyone is sleeping, and I could be in Havasu by day break. idea
Though my cell would be ringing off the hook, and then bitchin would follow eek!

JetBoatRich
05-30-2003, 11:16 PM
How long have you been married?
My wife does not make every trip, we all have our priorities and one of mine is to run the boat :D we have been together 17 years, so she is cool with it

goeasy8
05-31-2003, 05:01 AM
I hate when I hear crap like this, Leave the woman home. I know you want to take your son but you should probably leave him home too. But as for the wife. How many times have I heard my friends and family asking the wifey "can I go here" or "can I do this" etc etc. Man what happened to your nuts. I have been married 19 years, with another 6 years left on my sentence. 6 more years of hell till my youngest turns 18 then I'm out. But back to the point. GO and leave SATAN WIFE home. When you get back she will be pissed but who F'n cares. She might make you sleep on the couch for a few days, so what. Ive come to a point where I dont ask anymore, I really just do it. I used to in the beginning but no more. When I heard my brother in law say that he lost his nuts 27years ago when he said I do, and his wife smiled, that was it for me. Hes such a puss I cant believe it. Im sorry if Ive been rambling but this really is a sore spot for me. I cant stand it when I hear a MAN say his wife or girlfriend wont let him do something or go somewhere etc etc. Its time to grow em back guys.

JetBoatRich
05-31-2003, 05:22 AM
Well put goeasy, these kind of marriages can never last. devil
At the same time it is a vacation, big deal stay at the Blue River, it is sold out most weekends through November so good luck there :D
[ May 31, 2003, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Wet Dream
05-31-2003, 06:03 AM
I hate to say it, but I think you're screwed unless you put your foot down. Yeah we're all a little pussy whipped, but some things are non negotiable. She sounds like the headstrong (my way or no way) type of gal and if you chhose to get into her face, it may be a constant battle that only leads to divorce.
Good luck.

roostwear
05-31-2003, 07:23 AM
There's alot of good advise here, but he's not going to take it. As soon as I saw "she won't let me", I knew he was done. Anyone in a relationship where someone else won't "let" them do anything, has other issues. I've never asked permission or been told no, because my marriage is based on mutual respect and freedom.
It's too late for a power struggle.... she has it (along with the child) and won't give it up. I'm sure there are other ways she controls him, too.
My condolenses

JetBoatRich
05-31-2003, 07:39 AM
roostwear:
There's alot of good advise here, because marriage SHOULD BE based on mutual respect and freedom.
All that needs to be said

Infomaniac
05-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Yes !! Respect her freedom to stay home if she wants to.

rvrkaosI
05-31-2003, 08:38 AM
Well,
Getting RVRKAOS ready for Perris. Oh well, its a lake, and there are boats. Many homies, but if I go far enough, I can imagine Havasu, with a few beers that is.....
Post some pics later....
RVRKAOS out.. pig_flyi

1stepcloser
05-31-2003, 08:48 AM
Infomaniac:
Yes !! Respect her freedom to stay home if she wants to. Best "advice" so far.
A happy relationship is not one where one party is unhappy.
Sounds like a classic power struggle to me.
You must demonstrate to her that you are going to the lake, you would really like her to accompany you, but you are going to the lake.
It doesnt get better my friend.
argue

1stepcloser
05-31-2003, 08:51 AM
Furthermore, I see you live in the San Gabriel Valley, (I grew up in Hacienda Heights :) )
I strongly recommend that you tune in to 97.1 in the afternoon and listen to Tom Leykis. wink

TroubIeOnWater
05-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Thank god for being single. I want to do something I get to do it when I want including having sex with complete strangers. Noone to stop me there. It's great.

Sun burners
05-31-2003, 10:33 AM
rvrkaosI:
Well,
Getting RVRKAOS ready for Perris. Oh well, its a lake, and there are boats. Many homies, but if I go far enough, I can imagine Havasu, with a few beers that is.....
Post some pics later....
RVRKAOS out.. pig_flyi Just go NORTH on the 15 and keep going!!!
I went through this it can get better,
but it is a LOOOONG way.
say f it this time but not the next or 1,2,3...times after that I try to have the best time I can when at the river with or with out her!

Kim Hanson
05-31-2003, 11:33 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/723064.jpg .......( . )( . ).... http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/liebe/love-smiley-085.gif

SCUBA STEVE
05-31-2003, 11:34 AM
Well I guess I am lucky, we used to rough it and camp at crazy horse. No mobile home, just tents in the heat. Now any hotel that has A/C is like paradise.
I feel for you brotha, I would sit down and just tell her to chill with the attitude. Then compromise. Marriage is about giving and taking.
Meet somewhere in the middle, which you tried to do by making reservations at the ramada, but too late?? Yeah right she probably just didnt want to go in the first place. At that moment I would have packed my bag and left. Sufferd the wrath later. I dont like the drama either, but enough is enough, grow some balls and put your foot down. You didnt buy a boat to let it sit in the garage. I hope your having fun at perris, I was about to invite you over to help me wash my boat :D Just my.02 I hope you guys can work it out.

Kim Hanson
05-31-2003, 11:34 AM
You all know......( . )( . )........ http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/723055.jpg http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/liebe/love-smiley-085.gif

Sun burners
05-31-2003, 11:38 AM
By the way we had chosen a couple names for our boat
"Wife said NO"
Wound up going with
"SS HOMEWRECKER"
the ss means super sized from the last boat!

Freak
05-31-2003, 04:21 PM
LOL I feel for ya. I agree it is a power struggle and something else is going on. Buckle your seat belt - the rest of your life is going to be a bumpy ride.

NastyOne
06-02-2003, 07:24 AM
I used to have a girlfriend that didnt let me go to the river. Then one day I got the balls and told her....look! I was going to the river before I knew you....I am going to go while I know you.... and I am going to go after I get rid of you.
She wasnt to happy and told me that it was either her or the river....so I'll see you guys there?hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahaha
[ June 02, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: NastyOne ]

Ziggy
06-02-2003, 11:23 AM
The only thing that makes complete sense here is what Dave just said...There must be an underlying problem that needs to be brought out. Figure that out and the rest will happen on its own.

Liberator TJ1984
06-02-2003, 11:46 AM
NastyOne:
I used to have a girlfriend that didnt let me go to the river. Then one day I got the balls and told her....look! I was going to the river before I knew you....I am going to go while I know you.... and I am going to go after I get rid of you.
She wasnt to happy and told me that it was either her or the river....so I'll see you guys there?hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah ahaha Im with Nasty...Been Married for 18yrs.before argue now 31 yr.old hootie girlfriend is bitching spending too much time with my buds and the boat..told her I've known them almost all my life..only known her for 2 months...Get with it..or get gone.. :D
Gopherrr

Blown 472
06-02-2003, 11:51 AM
My ex pulled that stuff, told her cya and the boy and I went out in the boat and had a great time.

eliminatedsprinter
06-02-2003, 11:57 AM
Plan the trip the way it best fits your budget. Then invite her to go along as a family or stay home with your son, while you take a friend. Be polite, sensitive, and all that crap, but also be firm.
I have been where you are and it took 9 years for me to grow mine back. But when I did, it was worth it, because we are all happier now. That's the only $.02 I can give, hope it helps.
[ June 02, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

CA Stu
06-02-2003, 02:10 PM
Go buy a streetbike and ride it home without telling her.
Worked for me.
CA Stu

bchbum
06-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Man, guess I got lucky . Married a lady that never boated ,Took her to the lake & river ,first boat was a P.O.S . After spending too much $ on it .We bought a new one & she makes the payment !!!
We both have the weekends away from each other with the guys or girls .If only she made more i'd have a bigger boat .

RiverLife
06-02-2003, 08:50 PM
Alright!!! I could never say no to my man about going to the river. That's right, I'm riverifes gal and if I did that - it would be like keeping candy from a baby! Or that would be not letting a women have a starbucks...uh, No... it would be like saying no to sex!! CAN'T HAVE THAT!! Another thing ... I don't think that it would be wise to call your wife a witch. She might decide to jump on this and then you would have another problem. I personally think that if I said no, I would be called more then that devil Gotta go my man is calling my name and I need to take care of him :D :D eek!

rvrkaosI
06-02-2003, 08:58 PM
CA Stu:
Go buy a streetbike and ride it home without telling her.
Worked for me.
CA Stu I might as well not go home! argue

Trailer Park Casanova
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
I've taught my son women have a sad week, then the confused week, then the bitch week,, then the Happy week (dick week), then it starts over again.
Some women buy Tampons with fuses instead of strings on them. Those are the ones NOT to marry.
Someone needs to write a shop manual about women,,, or,, perhaps that'd make a good forum thread.