PDA

View Full Version : Got the Youngblood home and in the barn

progplb
03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Picked up the 1990 tx 20 Youngblood this weekend . Sorry about the pics I will have better to post as weather permits.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3387MVC00875b.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3387MVC00872b.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3387MVC00871b.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3387MVC00881b.JPG

Carnivalride
03-20-2006, 04:05 AM
Perry,
Congrats on the new ride! :cool: :cool: How long before it's ready to hit the water?

Cheyenne372
03-20-2006, 04:25 AM
Perry,
Congrats on the new ride! :cool: :cool: How long before it's ready to hit the water?
Hopefully as soon has he gets the Dallas Cowboy colors off of it!

Rocket
03-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Looks nice!! (Dallas Cowboy Colors and all!!),,,,,, :rollside:
What class will it be racing in?? :cool:

DUECE'SDAD
03-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Blue is an Easter Egg color, never paint your boat or harley blue, unless . . . well nevermind. Its racing in the slow class, what is the name of that class again Perry ? ? ? What headers are those on there ? ? I guess with two jet boats, your twice as cool ! ! ! What was the comment about the gauges, you didnt get the new ones ? ? ?

progplb
03-20-2006, 06:56 AM
It should be ready to go by Easter weekend... And as far as the paint goes it will probably be a year or two on the Dallas Cowboy colors.
Rocket I haven't stepped up to the big boys yet (SDBA) I hit as many outlaw races as I can find. If ya got an extra sponsor or two hanging around wanting to sponsor a 11 or 12 second jet send them my way.
DD I got the new gauges but I didn't like them. If any one wants a full set of Sun gauges and Tach pm me I will set you up.

DUECE'SDAD
03-20-2006, 07:15 AM
It should be ready to go by Easter weekend... And as far as the paint goes it will probably be a year or two on the Dallas Cowboy colors.
Rocket I haven't stepped up to the big boys yet (SDBA) I hit as many outlaw races as I can find. If ya got an extra sponsor or two hanging around wanting to sponsor a 11 or 12 second jet send them my way.
DD I got the new gauges but I didn't like them. If any one wants a full set of Sun gauges and Tach pm me I will set you up.
Dibs on the guages, come on man what about the dirty boat, it needs guages, whatcha gotta have, Im thinkin that will be suffiecient finders fee on the ole girl

progplb
03-20-2006, 07:29 AM
I think the water, oil and volt will take care of the finders fee and the tach should make a good down payment on the sponson repair. The Dirty boat has gauges. The headers are off of my old engine. Do you have that set of headers to the powder coaters yet?

DUECE'SDAD
03-20-2006, 07:36 AM
I think the water, oil and volt will take care of the finders fee and the tach should make a good down payment on the sponson repair. The Dirty boat has gauges. The headers are off of my old engine. Do you have that set of headers to the powder coaters yet?
The dirty boat has ornaments that fill the holes, to be called gauges they need to guage, and not be filled with condensation, or fog. Those guages are older than me. trying to get the headers off today, just missed the first truck out, but have another trip with in one mile of the place going this afternoon

soupersonic
03-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Is that the same hull as the the Scorpion ?The scorpions were being built here in AZ until he sold the business and took the molds with him to Iowa. Nice fast and light hulls that like loads of power. Cool looking ride you have there.

Greaser
03-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Looks like a great project!!

DUECE'SDAD
03-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Watch out you texans, progb has a tunnel, next he'll wanna jump border and move to texashttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744PERRYTUNNELREMIX.jpg

ONAROLL
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
What do you think it weighs? I got faith you can trick out the Panther pump....... :crossx:

progplb
03-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Panther Pump???? It is supposed to be a medium weight lay up. 425 to 450 from what I can figure out on the research I have done.
What are you doing besides helping DD rag on me? How do you like the tribal flame job Dustin laid out?

ONAROLL
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Panther Pump???? It is supposed to be a medium weight lay up. 425 to 450 from what I can figure out on the research I have done.
What are you doing besides helping DD rag on me? How do you like the tribal flame job Dustin laid out?
If I were you I would keep a close eye on DD when he is slinging paint, with his sense of humor he would shoot it just like that, if your gonna do your trailer remember I have a tunnel boat work trailer thats OK to overspray, looks like no flying tonight, its gonna be a long shift...........Vic

Carnivalride
03-21-2006, 04:13 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744PERRYTUNNELREMIX.jpg
Check it out!!!! :D :D :D
Think we need to spend a little more time on "Gofast" and a little less time on graphics here Perry.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

progplb
03-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Speaking of spending time on the go fast stuff .... DD what has Slowboat Tim and Shinyboat Adam got gone on their stuff? Do either one of them have all of their stuff running?
You also need to come up with more dirty boat pics.

taylormanss
03-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Watch out you texans, progb has a tunnel, next he'll wanna jump border and move to texashttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744PERRYTUNNELREMIX.jpg
come on down perry,we'll take ya down here in texas!

progplb
03-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Some days I truely wonder why I stay.... :)

Carnivalride
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Some days I truely wonder why I stay.... :)
Perry,
Face it you love the abuse! :p :D :D :D
Anybody with two running boats ought to expect a little ribbing now then. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

progplb
03-22-2006, 10:15 AM
May not have for long .... Have some serious tire kickers coming tonight.

DUECE'SDAD
03-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Progb, me and Duece wanna ride in your scarry fast boat, i think he is even covering his eyes in the pic in horror of how fast this new tunnel will be. I thionk its a law in oklahoma that if you are in a jet boat with Over the transoms you have to wear a helmet, so were just chillin around the house waitin for our ride, and its even snowing outside. And as much as you want everyone to believe im the little guy in the pic, im the bigger kid ! ! !
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/74457_055.jpg

progplb
03-23-2006, 08:19 AM
You guys ever know the feeling when you are just dieing to say something but the words won't come... This is one of those times... This picture deserves a retaliatory post of great magnitude.... But the best I can come up with is we all know who the adult is in the pic... He the one wearing the red helmet and yellow shirt.....
Later DD ... See you tomorrow night I'm trying to talk the Crazy woman into coming along for the ride. We'll see.

Letscrashyours
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey guys I finally got registered, and to answer you question Perry my boat isnt together yet . I still have a few plumbing issues to work out before we stab the motor. Adams is close we stuck the motor in his sunday night at dustins but still have a few odds and ends to tie up.

progplb
03-23-2006, 03:22 PM
:crossx: I like letscrashyours better than SLOW BOAT TIM :crossx:
My email is progplb@yahoo.com
See ya tomorrow night.

taylormanss
03-27-2006, 04:24 PM
how are your seats coming along ?

progplb
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
just got them off to vic over the weekend.. looks like we are going with blue on blue tweed inserts.

DUECE'SDAD
03-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Damn you made a thread that went two pages ! ! ! Blue on blue huh ? ? ? , well its just in time, Easter weekend. Maybe if there done we can hide them at the easter egg hunt.

Carnivalride
03-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Damn you made a thread that went two pages ! ! ! Blue on blue huh ? ? ? , well its just in time, Easter weekend. Maybe if there done we can hide them at the easter egg hunt.
Hey dd,
Are you gonna have that hydro going this year? I guess it must be ready to go since you have time to talk about Easter huh?? :D :D :D

Letscrashyours
03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
We finally got adams hydro fired up last night after buying a starter, and swapping a bad fuel regulator. But it sounds good again I think we gonna try puttin it in the water this weekend. Whos ready for a test and tune.

Carnivalride
03-29-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm ready! just to get out and run it around a little, won't rod it too much. :crossx:

thark27
03-29-2006, 01:59 PM
where yall gonna test and tune at?

progplb
03-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I guess I could throw some life jackets down and sit on them.
No I have about 203 little details to clean up and fix.
short list is gauges, wiring, and fuel system.
everything is scattered all over the floor right now should have some of it back together this weekend.
How did Adams boat sound? I got to trade in a o'reilly starter myself. their starters are good for about a year.

progplb
03-29-2006, 02:03 PM
where yall gonna test and tune at?
I imagine that they will be distrubing the peace down at your pretty lake.
Probably right in you back yard. :crossx:

taylormanss
03-29-2006, 04:59 PM
just got them off to vic over the weekend.. looks like we are going with blue on blue tweed inserts.
yeah Mine were supposed to be done yesterday,I haven't heard from vic but I'm sure they will turn out great, mine are supposed to be light gray tweed with orange tweed inserts cant wait to see them !

progplb
03-29-2006, 07:56 PM
are you coming up to get them or is vic going to ship them to you?

taylormanss
03-30-2006, 05:25 AM
vic is supposed to be coming down here tonight to bring them to me,and he is gonna pick up this antique tear drop trailer I have.

progplb
03-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Damn .... I wish I would have known that I would have tried to hitch a ride with Vic. I could use a road trip.

Letscrashyours
03-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Adams boat sounds good with the zoomies. we got him a gear reduction starter this time. we probably test at okmulgee .

progplb
03-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I will try to see Bob and get a pic of the baffels he made for his zoomie's ..
E-mail me some pics of it.