PDA

View Full Version : Gotta new truck! Thanks Lightning!

Starloans
11-08-2002, 07:28 PM
Lightning gave me a referral for an auto broker.
03 GMC crewcab SLT 4x4 2500HD 8.1L Black. It'll pass everything but a gas station! Gonna lift it on Monday. Chevys are just too damn ugly! Call this guy if you are looking for any vehicle. Here's how it went:
November 7, 2002
Diamond Motors
1650 S Amphlett Blvd. # 105
San Mateo, Ca. 94402
Att: Armen Sadakian
web page (http://diamond-motors.com)
Dear Armen,
Thank you. Thank you for the excellent service and locating the exact vehicle I wanted. Please use the following as my testimonial to your great service:
I began vehicle shopping about 3 weeks ago. I was looking for a specific tow vehicle, brand, color, 4x4, etc for my boat. I contacted the local truck dealer first. A truck matching my criteria was located within a reasonable distance. However the dealer was very slow to respond in acquiring the vehicle because a trade had to take place in order for the local dealer to get the vehicle. In other words my dealer had to give up one of their trucks to get the truck I wanted.
Once the details of the trade were established between the dealers the local dealer declared they could “make more money off of” the truck they had to give up. This is after I had negotiated a price of $39,500. The price changed to $40,200. I indicated I wanted my original price. They became slow to return my calls. :mad: When I did speak to them they always brought up the “losing money” spill and said they were having a hard time getting the vehicle. MSRP was $42,320. Invoice was $37,664.
While surfing the ***boat.net chat room, I saw a thread talking about tow vehicles and negotiating prices with dealers. I jumped in and started talking about what I was doing and one of the guys direct emailed me with a recommendation for Diamond-Motors.com.
I called Armen at Diamond Motors. He did a vehicle search nationwide. There were six vehicles matching my criteria in any color. There were only two in the state and one in my color. I looked at the VIN # s on the invoice and it was the exact same truck the local dealer had located.
Dealing with Diamond Motors was the best vehicle buying experience IÂ’ve ever had. Armen is a class act. He got the truck. Returns calls. On it. Help with financing. Everything is as he said it would be. No bull.
The local dealer called me the day after I got the truck from Armen and said the truck was “missing” from the original dealer. They said they thought it had been traded to another dealer. As it turns out it had been traded to another dealer but Armen got it back and got it for me. :D That phone call was after 4 days without any communication from the dealer. Armen got the truck for $38,389 plus his $300 fee. Worth every penny! Call him. You won’t be disappointed.
Thanks again lightning!

Jrocket
11-08-2002, 08:59 PM
Very nice... :) :) :D

Lightning
11-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Starloans,
I'm glad it worked out for you, Armen is the man. Once you deal with him, you'll never want to talk to another; dealer, salesmen, fleet manager, whatever again....
By the way, sorry it took so long to post a reply, I was out of town for week on business.
Lightning
[ November 11, 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Lightning ]

dossangers
11-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Your gonna dig that truck 8.1 rules http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/HD.JPG

snappertapper
11-12-2002, 05:52 PM
How big of tires and what kind are goin on it