PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake / V-Drive Regatta - " AWESOME "

carbonmarine
08-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey guys.
I went to the V Drive regatta today. I was just floored. I have not seen boat run liek that since the drags at Puddingstone. Some every nice boats never touched the water and that sucked, but that was the ONLY thing that really sucked.... YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE RUN THE BOATS! What a prick teaser that was....
TO everyones delight; There was the orange boat. I think It was a COLE. It was'nt even supercharged and the ****er got up and ran & well fast. Faster than the others I saw for the day. In fact, after he went by a few times, a funny smell permiated the air and somebody
joked that the guy must have dumped in his shorts...(laughs- I know I woudl have )... In all seriousness the man knew how drive & well. The nose was glued and didnt bounce once..even steven...and I was glad to see the helmet and lifeline gear on too.
I want one ! I think if these guys do 2-3 of these per year it would almoist be worth having a nice toy for those three weekends per year.
Next time I know to bring the tarps, chairs, ice chests and bikes & a boom box. It was just an awesome day with great people and sooo damn close to home....
Who was in that Bomb of a ski boat screwing the water up....? What a Dork ! I saw a few guys on the beach ready to rip his head off ....lol.
Can't wait til next time.......great fugg'in day, just awesome......
Rick32

Moneypitt
08-17-2003, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah!! I was there with my old (orignal)boat. There were some really nice boats, some really fast boats, Well one really fast boat, the orange and white blur going across the water, King of the hill so to speak, (someone said his name was Tony) he had the field covered (rumor..Legit 135 mph 1/4 mile runs in the past) totally hooked up, straight and smmoootthh, oh so smooth!!It was a really fun day, especially if you put your boat in and took advantage of the setting, I know I did, and I don't think anyone had more fun than ME. You bet I'll do it again....Moneypitt

Moneypitt
08-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh by the way, Rick 32, we don't need the boom boxes!! We've got all the stereo sound we need, right on the water, how sweet it was to here SOME of them really singing.......Moneypitt

superdave013
08-18-2003, 08:53 AM
carbon, yeah, that guy with the big boat with the wake board tower did about sink a few boats when he cruised the shoreline putting out his monster wake. I'm sure he didn't even know that he was causing a problem. Why was he even out there?? I thought it was a v drive event??????
Anyway, I don't know what your talking about with the 2 to 3 a year. I've been to more v drive events then that already this year and there is one more to go still. If you had that much fun you must go to the next Needles event. Trust me on that one. So buck up and get in the v drive game man. Lots of v drive events to go to.
That was a good time and for the first one I'ed say it went off pretty good. Maybe next time they would let a few more boats on the lake and give us acess to the entire lake. Oh, and keeping the big boats off the lake would be nice.
Oh, the boat your talking about is the 2 Steppin Looki Loo M&D Performance boat. It is a cole and it did run pretty damn hard. Top dog of the day for sure.

BADBLOWN572
08-18-2003, 08:58 AM
I was out there and was talking to the head of the water district who put on this event. He is talking about doing two next year. One about this time and one in May. He said that they had anticipated having 200 people and over 400 showed up. They are also talking about making it a two day event with camping available.

superdave013
08-18-2003, 09:03 AM
BADBLOWN572:
I was out there and was talking to the head of the water district who put on this event. He is talking about doing two next year. One about this time and one in May. He said that they had anticipated having 200 people and over 400 showed up. They are also talking about making it a two day event with camping available. I talked to him for just a qucik monent. He sure seemed to be enjoying himself for sure. I hear he has a v drive boat in the works right now. A 2 day event would be cool.
And a jet boat event should happen there too.

BGMAN203
08-18-2003, 10:55 AM
superdave013:
Oh, the boat your talking about is the 2 Steppin Looki Loo M&D Performance boat. It is a cole and it did run pretty damn hard. Top dog of the day for sure. The 2 steppin boat is a hondo not a cole. Not that that matters, but that boat does haul the mail!!

cigarette1
08-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Oh Yeah .... I had a great time out there. I didn't want to leave, thinking something else launch and I would miss it.
Two-Steppin was the King of the Hill (and without a blower!). Dialed In ???? There wasn't one other boat that ran with the attitude of Two-Steppin.
We brought a RaysonCraft w/454 but did't get to leave it in the water. The rudder stuffing box was leaking a bit too much .... hadn't run it in about a year. The owner did manage to get a couple of fly bys in.
I wish I could post pics here, I have a few sweet ones.
G

hboldno7
08-18-2003, 12:07 PM
Where's all the pics guys?

ColeTR1
08-18-2003, 12:40 PM
Maybe they could have another in October. With 100 boats!! It didn’t seem like there was more then ten boats on the water at anyone time. I think the big boat with the wake board tower was with the ski school. I’m one who doesn’t like rules, but maybe next time they could have some simple guidelines for traffic flow on the lake. I think they did a great job for their first time and I had a blast. I was wondering did that capsule flat ever run?
RD It sold out fifty boats, Badblown572 said 400 people.

superdave013
08-18-2003, 01:45 PM
BGMAN203:
superdave013:
Oh, the boat your talking about is the 2 Steppin Looki Loo M&D Performance boat. It is a cole and it did run pretty damn hard. Top dog of the day for sure. The 2 steppin boat is a hondo not a cole. Not that that matters, but that boat does haul the mail!! LOL, I don't know how I got that wrong. I stood there and looked it over and was telling them how I wished I'ed never sold my Hondo. Oh well, thanks for the correction.

63stevens
08-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Did the one white and orange blurr have the numbers 141 on the side? If so that boat belongs to Nick and Tony of MandD performance. I saw it at Big River in June. It really hauls!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/453al_s4-med.jpg

BGMAN203
08-18-2003, 04:11 PM
63stevens:
Did the one white and orange blurr have the numbers 141 on the side? If so that boat belongs to Nick and Tony of MandD performance. I saw it at Big River in June. It really hauls!!!!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/453al_s4-med.jpg Thats the one.

77charger
08-18-2003, 04:17 PM
I saw that orange and white boat make some runs around 12:15 he was out for a while.I could agree it was a strong running boat and looked good doing so.

cigarette1
08-18-2003, 08:01 PM
[ August 18, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

cigarette1
08-18-2003, 08:01 PM
[ August 18, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

cigarette1
08-18-2003, 08:04 PM
[ August 18, 2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

cigarette1
08-18-2003, 08:07 PM
[ August 18, 2003, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

superdave013
08-18-2003, 08:25 PM
cig, fastboats must not let you link to other sites. The ***boat media center does though. You should post all your photos there. You can then link them over to fastboats (or even e bay :D )

carbonmarine
08-18-2003, 08:43 PM
THIS SOFTWARE SUCK's , Its 1st generation and needs to be updated....... take a look at what some of the competition has done....Posting is simple, easy and even I could do it !... you shoudl be able to upload from you owbn computer ........
Rick32

cigarette1
08-18-2003, 09:04 PM
That's weird .... the pics showed up when I first posted them.
I'm going to delete those post.

HM
08-18-2003, 09:25 PM
That "wakeboard" boat was out there "fishing". The waterski people don't get out until the evening.
I had a great time! I think I set the speed record for the 21 Howard class - 68 on GPS!
That orange and white Schiada cruiser was very impressive. He also owned the black Rush GN - that boat is fast!
The Connelly GN was very sweet as well.
Oh yah, there were a few nice fast and even faster flats!!!!!
Did Batman run the shovel nose? Holy Death Rocket, Batman!
I did get to meet JetBoatGuru at the Shell station in Corona - that was cool! I was looking forward to talkin to Tony some more, but I did not make it out to the point. We did not have our easy-up so the family kicked it in the trees by the ramp, and I ended up giving a zillion joy rides in the cruiser.
I personally thought the skiff was the most entertaining to watch run!