PDA

View Full Version : My Humble Brush with the Kennedys

Trailer Park Casanova
08-09-2003, 07:23 PM
I watched on CNN tonight, and they've been dishraggin' Arnold pretty bad. It's called the Clinton News Network around here.
His wife Maria Schriver (a Kennedy by blood), is now by his side, taking a leave from her job at NBC.
I had always wondered why the Kennedys keep getting re-elected with all their negative press.
The squeeze lost her job when the company she worked for folded. She was pretty down for a while until I saw a news piece on TV of Maria Schriver reporting on a little Bio Tech company in Thousand Oaks. This bio tech company was on the verge of developing a drug that builds ones blood cells while they are undergoing chemo.
I mentioned to the squeeze to go and apply for a job there, they hired her on the spot.
The company was struggling for investment cash,, but that's another real interesting story for some other forum, involving Kirin Beer and Golf.
Anyway, the company was testing this new drug for the FDA.
Only a select few people could use the drug in the FDA testing and the test results were astoundingly sucessfull.
I walked into the house one day, the phone was ringing. It was Senator Ted Kennedys office. "Yea right" I thought, probably a friend messing with my head but I played along 'till I realized it was for real, and the Senator himself came on and ask me to help his staff.
Ted Kennedys office was trying to track down the Squeezes boss, because he held the say so who gets into the test program for this drug, and Kennedys staff needed a "humanitarian OK" for a constituant.
Well,, the squeezes boss and all the company officers, the squeeze included, were off on a fishing trip in Baja. A stay on the yaugt kind, really nice, no calls please.
I got the info on what, who, when, where of everyone, and Kennedy' staff tracked them down, and got the OK.
Believe me, I'm no Ted Kennedy supporter, I anchor at the sandbar with them damn fellow Republicians, but,,,
I see this kinda stuff in Arnold and Maria and it's good.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg <--The Cassanova Cam
[ August 10, 2003, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

Froggystyle
08-09-2003, 07:32 PM
As ridiculous as it may seem, I am strongly considering Arnold for my vote. He seems remarkably pro-business, and moderate enough to win an election.
Let's face it... we are not going to get a right wing governor in California today. Arnold may be just left enough to earn the seat.
He certainly can't screw it up worse than Davis.

NorCal Gameshow
08-09-2003, 08:41 PM
I agree, now let's hear about the kirin and golf :D

Trailer Park Casanova
08-09-2003, 10:44 PM
riodog
Where do these people get off thinking the gov't owes them anything? Unfortunately, that is the mentality of the greater majority of the population in this POS state.
RIO-won't believe it tell I see it-DOG [/QB]Well said, and that says it all.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-10-2003, 12:01 PM
NorCal Gameshow:
I agree, now let's hear about the kirin and golf :D The companys stock was stuck at $3 per share and wouldn't budge. They were having a hard time raising capital to develop production of the drug which was going to be ten's of millions to get on line.
The Bio Tech company was hurting bad. No money coming in,, plenty going out for product development.
The President & VP of Kirin Brewing Japan, were in town to ink a deal with Budwiser. If you look on the side of a bottle of Kirin Beer, it was brewed in Calif (By Budwiser).
Anyway, as luck would have it, the two Kirin exects were at the Los Robles golf course and got paired with the the bio tech boss and his partner.
As luck would have it, the bio tech boss happened to speak Japanese. A long shot, dumb luck chance they got paired up.
By the end of the golf game, the Kirin exects knew plenty about the Bio Tech company,, and were interested in investing, and eventually invested over $100 million. Soley for distribution rights in Asia only. Just for the right to sell only.
The stock sored from 3 bucks a share, to $65 split, back to 65 split again then quickly to $173 and went 3 for one,, then quickly split again.
The company's products have saved plenty of lives.
Anyone that tells you that the drug companies overcharge,,, well, my argument is without a big payback, no one will invest, and you won't get these teriffic drugs now on the market.
All the major American, Canadian, and Japanese drug companies I know of have a humanitarian policy that if a person can't afford their product, or is uninsured, they get it free.
The Demos don't want ya to know that little fact.
Safe to say had Kirin Brewing not stepped in,, the drug may have floundered, and never made it to market.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg <--The Casanova Cam
[ August 10, 2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

CEO
08-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Arnold is not out to line his pockets, getting into the "in crowd" of Cali's political ring. He wants to kick some SCE asses, and make this fricking company and others like them who have been ripping off us SoCals for the last few years "Pay". He doesn't need the cash, he doesn't need the pub, He wants to be the MAN who gets Cali back from the abortion we have been in for years. Vote for the Terminator

Trailer Park Casanova
08-10-2003, 03:06 PM
riodog:
TPC, after reading the above, I pray that you were holding about 10,000 shares bought at 3 bucks a share!
Rio The company had what they called "Fermentation Seminars".
That is, weekly barbeques and a host bar in the parking lot for it's employees.
I was standing in the beer line, a doctor and a nurse that worked for the company with actual patient testing, & were married, were in front of me in the line.
I asked them; "how's the testing going?" They said in harmony; "Buy as much stock as you can, this drug is gonna fly".
I did, and on top of all that, the big boss retired and gave the squeeze a ton of stock as a seperation bonus and thank you.
Then, about a year later, I was a wealthy man.
Thought to myself, this is too good,,,it isn't going to last, just toooo good.
The then Mrs. had been hanging around people that go to Vegas in their own jet,,have a crew on their boats,, and was now just about in the same financial class, but married to me, the Casanova.
That was it, she was sick of the Sandbar, my beer, my boating friends, the pool table, my ridiculous cat, my insatiable appetite for sex,, that was it,, she left.
So in the settlement, I have a good pension,, and enough $$$ to put my daughter(from Kathy) thru Stanford*.
*After the dust settles, I could buy the town of Parker for what Stanford will cost me. Even after any scholarships are figured in.
It's who ya know and who ya blow to get into Stanford (In addition to the $$$). I've been working on that. It may turn out to be another post for another time. I'll give it my best shot.
[ August 10, 2003, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

08-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Regarding the cost of drugs [legal ones] the liberals don't want to talk about the cost to bring a new drug to market and the time and testing involved. It can take 14-15 years before a company sees a nickle profit, keep in mind "profit" is a dirty word to a liberal and they think nothing of accusing the companys of trying to profit off the backs of the sick. They call it "blood money". If we get some sort of "drug benefit" from the government I wonder what it will do to the pharmaceutical industry. If its anything like what the liberals did to Calif we might as well cash in now, buy a cemetery plot and pull the dirt over us now. cry

Timer
08-10-2003, 04:07 PM
TPC, I didn't catch the name of the company, or better yet, the stock symbol. Can you give it up?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Timer:
TPC, I didn't catch the name of the company, or better yet, the stock symbol. Can you give it up? Amgen