PDA

View Full Version : why is TV going on the GAY bandwagon????

dossangers
08-20-2003, 09:23 AM
What the **** there making it sound like its mainstream like andrew dice clay said give'em a 10% dicount on VASOLINE AND LOCK'EM BACK IN THE ****IN CLOSET i dont want to see or here about any dicksmoking hairdressers makeover artists dating games this is ****ing sick!! i dont want my kids exposed to this shit on non cable tv its not OK and im really sick and ****ing tired of the MEDIA making it sound like its normal behavior all over america ITS NOT!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

carbonmarine
08-20-2003, 09:29 AM
ROMANS 1 = Suck Dick; lose the kingdom....
** Its as easy as Sam Kinson put it just like that ..
Rick32 :cool:

Phat_Kat
08-20-2003, 09:31 AM
What gets me is that they're trying too hard to make everyone happy. ESPECIALLY THE GAYS. I don't have kids but if I did I wouldn't want them to be seeing a bunch of butt bandits and turn into one. There's something wrong with all these guys and girls. Just because you think other guys are good looking doesn't mean you're a fag it just means you're observative. These people say "well I guess I'm gay" and then they dedicate their time to sticking the dong in a hole only this is the wrong hole. I really hate the media kissing ass to everyone and that's why I have to admit that I've considered moving to germany or something, atleast part time, just to get away from all this bullshit. I don't hate america, I hate american media and americas political correctness. We shouldn't be recalling Gray Davis we should be recalling all this "be nice to everyone" bullshit. That's a cause worth aiming at.
My 2 bits
[ August 20, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

Mandelon
08-20-2003, 09:33 AM
All that gayness has got to stop. Who watches that crap? yuk yuk yuk
There is a radio commercial I heard today about Queer Eye and back to school. They are trying to dress an 8 year old kid. The kid complains he isn't allowed to wear mesh shirts, leather hats and have a George Michael lunchbox. Its funny, but keep dem homos away from my kids! yuk

TheLurker
08-20-2003, 09:37 AM
A lot of the people in the entertainment industry are gay and it seems like they are trying hard to make it look like it is normal when it is NOT!
They are promoting their own agenda to make their life easier and more accepted. Where is the FCC when you need them?

Blown 472
08-20-2003, 09:39 AM
It is really easy, turn tha shit off, I have not had tv in my house for over a year and dont miss it. It is nothing but shit.

mbrown2
08-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Don't mean to play devil's advocate since I agree with a lot that has been said,
But do you feel the same about the girl on :) girl...lipstick lesbian stuff that makes it on cable...

dossangers
08-20-2003, 09:50 AM
im talking about homos or lesbos on mian stream tv im not talking about most guys personal fantisy with 2 playboy models! anything to do with the ASS cavity is WRONG!!!

jbtrailerjim
08-20-2003, 09:55 AM
Yah, I'm getting tired of the media trying to shove the gay lifestyle down my throat. I don't understand why they are kissing the gay's ass. They are such a small percentage of our population. All they are doing is pissing off all of us straight people. No matter how much the media try's to shove it down my throat there not going to convince me it's a normal lifestyle.
JB

TheLurker
08-20-2003, 09:57 AM
It is just stuff that should not be on TV where it influences kids.
And yes I do have double standards
2(attractive) women going at it = heaven
2 men going at it = That’s just plain sick

CA Stu
08-20-2003, 10:02 AM
When did being queer change from being a deviate to "leading an alternative lifestyle"?
Whatever floats your boat, but don't have ****ing parades about it!
CA Stu <-- can't we all just turn off the TV??

BUSTI
08-20-2003, 10:02 AM
I totally agree this stuff is repugnant to the right thinking person with decent values. But let me ask you a political question these people in Hollywood that produce this garbage do you think they voted for Al Gore or President Bush? Did they vote for Grey Out Davis or Bill Simon for govenor? There is a big difference between the left and Right and Hollywood demonstrates it all the time. argue

572Daytona
08-20-2003, 10:07 AM
I think we should also have TV shows that feature farm animal lovers, fattie lovers, etc, Just to give equal time for all deviants. Of course I don't watch TV anyway. I also get tired of all of the drug references in most movies today, even kids movies. Something else Hollywood considers normal.

Ntwotrance
08-20-2003, 10:09 AM
Well hell,
here's my 15 cents worth on this one (was 2 cents the other day until gas prices went up): We make it manditory for all of them to move to San Francisco. Then move all of these "queer as folks" and other t.v. shows to air only there. Then just as their favorite "keebler elf, everybody loves to have their fudge packed" shows come on, we invite some of these suicide bombers over and let them just run rampant through the city....

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 10:19 AM
I'm getting tired of the whole trend with TV sitcoms that makes hetero white guys look like idiots.A man wrote,produced and directs a sitcom and in said sitcom the main male character is a dumbass buffoon and only the females or the gay guys on the show have any common sense or social skills.Also,if being gay is so"normal"why don't we ever hear the gay guys engaging in explicit pillow talk or kissing on these shows?Because it's NOT normal for two guys to be balling each other or playing poop-smoocher and they know it. I haven't seen a scene on will and Grace where the guy makes a joke about doing it all night and his butt is sore!!!

Moneypitt
08-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Garbage TV is Garbage TV! Wheather it's Jerry Springer, Jenny Jones, Judge what's their face, or "extreme dating", It's all shit. The fact that now the fags are comming out demanding equal time is not new to the industry, ellen lickalotapus or whoever she was/is, the neighbor on married with children, the limp wristed actors that have depicted fags in the movies, are probably gay, just as the black/latino actors that are demanding more image building roles, are black and latino. Has anyone else noticed the ads that are now using rap crap music to promote there products, who are these ads aimed at? certainly not me!!I turn the shit off, change chanels etc. and the companys that run their ads after this type of shit are not getting seen. That fact that the gay lifstyle is now part of the politically correct bullshit that this country dropped into, is only the tip of the iceberg. Same sex marrages, oh well, marrage certainly isn't what it used to be anyway. Gays holding political office for the sole purpose of promoting acceptence of the lifestyle is part of the american way to make changes in legal and moral opinions. Look at how the civil rights movements of the past, legally changed this country from attitudes held for generations. The same is on the horizon in the homo world. I certainly see you problem with your kids seeing these lifestyles as Normal, but I don't see any relief for you in the future. Just try to be a good example, monitor their TV time, and bring them to gatherings of hot boaters that respect your concerns for your children......Moneypitt

Boozer
08-20-2003, 11:01 AM
The fact of the matter is there are more gay people in this country then you realize. So many in fact that I would be willing to bet that more then 1 married man on this board is living in the closet.
The other thing is peoples curiosity. If all the gay shows didn't get high ratings they wouldn't be on the air but they are getting high ratings so they continue to put more and more of these shows on the air. Reason being is that people are curious and want to know what it would be like to be gay.
But the bottom line is that there are a LOT of gay or bi men in this country. I have a lot of gay friends, you can't live in Denver and not because this place is ranked second to san fran when it comes to homo's. All my gay friends ever talk about is going out to find straight guys and ****ing them. You'd be amazed at just how often they succeed and some of the people they have gotten to succeed. Perfect example is my friend Nick got stopped by a male cop and was messing around and flirting with the cop this male cop acknowledged Nick's advances and has now left his wife to be with Nick full time. Nick was the first guy he had ever been with.
Freaky shit....
But if you don't like the gay tv don't watch it. The more it's watched the more gay shows will be put on the air. Personally if I have kids I'm throwing the TV out of the house. Television has become way to graphic for children nowadays. Not to mention kids today are getting fat because they spend their days inside watching tv and playing video games instead of being outside riding bikes and playing sports.

Blown 472
08-20-2003, 11:06 AM
And we wondered why the rainbow in his tag line.

Boozer
08-20-2003, 11:15 AM
I told you guys already. I'm bi because it doubles my chances of scoring. Doesn't mean I watch those stupid ass homo shows though. Personally I think we need more TV shows like the Soprano's. Now thats a good show.

Ziggy
08-20-2003, 11:18 AM
what a gay topic :(
Whatever they want to do to themselves is fine by me so long as they don't push their lifestyle upon others.

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 11:30 AM
It's way more than about being gay. What they're doing on TV ought to be making mainstream homos (John Gay and Jane Gay) furious!
TV is doing some serious reinforcement of gay stereotypes where every friggin' gay dude is a flaming queen with a lisp and swinging a purse.
If that's how the gays want to be seen on TV good for THEM. Personally, I'm done with it - whenever I see a flaming queen gay guy on TV I click it.
If gays think that this stereotype is good for them they're sadly mistaken and they better watch out (this is not a threat - it's a prediction). There's going to be some serious backlash against gays and gay rights if this keeps up.
The pendulum has swung way too far to the left in terms of women's rights and the rights of homosexuals. And the majority of people in this country are not going to take much more.
So those of you ready to support gay marriages and that sort of behavior better buckle your seat belts. I'm ready to make my voice heard and vote as often as possible against the further degradation of the institution of marriage and families.
If you're gay, enjoy it. I'm not and I enjoy my heterosexual lifestyle. But I'm not flaunting it in public or on TV and you're sure as $hit not gonna see me in some ridiculous parade wearing some sick-as-hell outfit like what we've all had to endure with the many gay parades, etc.
It's time this gay party ended!
[ August 20, 2003, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: MagicMtnDan ]

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Here's what I was talking about...
from MSNBC -
Gay rights: Democratic liability?
By Tom Curry, MSNBC
The nine candidates for the Democratic nomination for president, who all support either gay marriages or civil unions or letting states decide for themselves how to handle the matter, are at odds with a majority of Americans on the topic, creating what some in their ranks see as a liability for their party in a match with President Bush, who flatly opposes gay marriage.
WITH GAY RIGHTS a potent, although usually below-the-radar topic on the campaign trail, Howard Dean, who signed the nation's first civil unions bill when he was governor of Vermont, found himself facing a skeptical voter after a recent campaign speech at Lake Okoboji, Iowa.
June Goldman, a former county supervisor in Dickinson County, stood up during the question-and-answer period and challenged Dean to justify his support for civil unions for gay and lesbian couples. Goldman told Dean his stand will undermine the traditional institution of marriage.
A few days later, at a Teamsters rally for Democratic contender Dick Gephardt in Des Moines, Iowa, Rick Gardner, a Springfield, Mo., Teamster said he thought that Gephardt might not be electable because of his support for gay rights.
"There's a lot of people who think he's too far to the left and not mainstream," remarked Gardner. "He's got some views on gays and other issues that may conflict with mainstream America."
'MAINSTREAM' NOT READY
Gardner said the support of Democrats such as Dean and Gephardt for gay rights "worries a lot of people. I'm not necessarily speaking for myself. Mainstream America is not ready for gay marriages."
An Associated Press poll released this week gave some support to Gardner's view, finding that 53 percent of those interviewed oppose allowing gays and lesbians to form civil unions that give a same-sex couple the same rights and benefits as a married couple.
The poll, conducted for the AP by ICR-International Communications Research of Media, Pa., found that 54 percent favor a constitutional amendment that would specify that marriage must only be between a man and a woman, while 42 percent oppose it.
Seventy-six members of the House have proposed such a constitutional amendment, but Congress has not yet acted on it.
President Bush said last month that "we ought to codify" the limitation of marriage to heterosexual couples, but did not explicitly support the proposed constitutional amendment.
"That's going to be a tough issue in the campaign," Dean acknowledged when Goldman challenged him on gay rights at the Aug. 7 Lake Okoboji event. "But I think we've got to get beyond this, I really do. We need to be in this together, we need to leave no one behind," he added.
He took a different tack when MSNBC commentator Bill Press asked him at a candidate forum five days later whether the civil unions bill would be a liability in the 2004 election.
"This is going to be fine," he said. "It actually is going to work in my favor."
UNIONS, NOT MARRIAGE
Dean is careful to distinguish civil unions from same-sex marriages.
"We don't have same-sex marriage in Vermont," Dean told Goldman. "Our bill says marriage is between a man and a woman, but same-sex couples may enter into a civil union and achieve all the same legal rights."
He added, "We decided we would leave the marriages to the church. … That is not the business of the state, that is the business of the church."
At a forum last month sponsored by the gay rights group Human Rights Campaign, moderator Sam Donaldson said to Dean, "You are against marriage of the same sex. Why?"
Dean replied, "I've never said that, as a matter of fact." And he avoided answering a question about civil marriages performed by a justice of the peace or a judge, complaining that Donaldson was spending too much time on the issue. "Do you want to keep talking about this, or do you want to go on to the military question?" Dean said.
The issue of where to draw the line on gay rights is a sensitive one for some voters.
Goldman, who describes herself as an independent who voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 and George W. Bush in 2000, made a point of telling Dean, "I'm not homophobic. I've had many friends who are gay and lesbian over the years."
But she added, "A nation's strength is developed from the strength of its families. I'm deeply concerned about the trend that has been set in Vermont with reference to same-sex marriages. This is an issue that is quite apart from civil rights. It is something that goes deeper than that."
Her fellow Iowan, Tim Lapointe, chairman of the Cerro Gordo County Democratic Party in Mason City, Iowa, takes a different view. "It's time to step up, as Howard Dean did, and say that these people should be given the same rights as everyone else. That was a courageous move. I'd like to see the other candidates come out as strongly as Howard Dean on the issue. That's one of the reasons Dean is so popular: He's not afraid to say what he feels is right."
A June Gallup poll found that opposition to same-sex marriages is strongest in the South, where 62 percent of those interviewed were against such unions. And the South is where Democrats have fared worst in recent elections. In 2000, Al Gore won no states south of Maryland.
CANDIDATES' VIEWS
In addition to Dean and Gephardt, Democratic presidential contender Sen. Bob Graham of Florida and Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts support civil unions.
Democratic contender Rev. Al Sharpton supports same-sex marriages, deriding civil unions as comparable to giving couples "the right to shack up but not marry."
Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich and former Illinois Sen. Carol Moseley Braun also support same-sex marriages.
North Carolina Sen. John Edwards and Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman say each state should decide on civil unions.
At last month's Human Rights Campaign forum, Kerry labored to explain why he did not accept same-sex marriages.
American society, he said, "culturally, historically and religiously views marriage very differently. Marriage is viewed as a union between men and women, and that is a cultural, historical view that I believe -- that's my position."
But Kerry held open the prospect that civil unions would pave the way for same-sex marriage.
"It may well be that if we achieve civil union ... that we may all of us progress as we have progressed in the last 15 years to a place where there is a different understanding of it," Kerry said.
Kerry's framing of the issue parallels Bush's discussion of the abortion issue in the early stages of the 2000 campaign.
Bush said America was not yet ready to ban abortion because "America's hearts are not right" and that "instead of arguing over Roe v. Wade, what we ought to do is promote policies that reduce abortions."
Bush's gradualist rhetoric was a way of trying to satisfy anti-abortion activists, while also attempting to reassure voters who feared a sudden judicial decision banning abortion.
VOTE ON AMENDMENT?
Just as the gay marriage issue confronts the presidential candidates, it may also face members of Congress up for re-election next year.
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., strongly supports the proposed constitutional amendment that would outlaw same-sex marriages and civil unions.
The first Senate hearing to determine whether such an amendment is needed is scheduled for the first week of September after Congress returns from its summer break.

totenhosen
08-20-2003, 01:50 PM
It's simple it's about women! These shows jsut like daytime talkshows and soap operas are catered to women. Women feel comfortable with these shows and topics and find such things "cute" and interesting.
Bashing the straight white male has been "in" for too long now.

Boozer
08-20-2003, 02:02 PM
I don't understand why so many people are so opposed to the idea of same sex marriage. These couples live together and are even allowed to adopt children together yet they can't file their taxes as a married couple and get the tax deductions. I do not feel that that is fair. They deserve the same benefits as a man and woman couple.

Boozer
08-20-2003, 02:12 PM
RiverDave:
They should not be allowed to adopt children either.
RD Well they are and they do.
Crack head needle junkies are allowed to have babies why shouldn't gay people be allowed to raise babies?
These gay people who raise children are saving you and I both money. They are adopting these children that would have wound in foster homoes or with welfare moms and providing a good life for them and not making the tax payer pay for it.

572Daytona
08-20-2003, 02:19 PM
And I think if I love my cow Bessie, we should be able to get married too. It is very discriminatory that they don't recognize man - farm animal unions as legal

mickeyfinn
08-20-2003, 02:21 PM
That chit is just wrong. Marriage is for a man and a woman. If two guys want to pack the fudge that is up to them and fine with me as long as I don't know about it. I think that anyone who is an out of the closet faggot should be forbidden from holding a job which influences children or the food service industry. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a strong moral or religous belief that a behavior taken on by a minority of this country is wrong and voting to pass laws limiting the exposure of others to this. It is no different from Porn, A high enough percentage of people in this country felt that porn is something that should not be marketed without restriction with the result being that there are some areas where you can and some areas where you can not purchase pornography. Obscene is judged by community standards and sexual behavior is as well. I don't believe this is something to be addressed by the federal government as I am greatly in favor of running this country the way it was intended with the main focus being on states rights and the rights of individuals to rule themselves. Under this scenario if you are a faggot and live in an area where the people have seen fit to make this behavior a crime then you are most certainly free to MOVE. Ok...off my soapbox. Just don't take mainstream media and keep force feeding this country with this trash.

totenhosen
08-20-2003, 02:45 PM
The thread should be labeled why is this forum on the gay bandwagon
http://www.wildhorsessd.com/emoticons/541.gif
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay.jpg

totenhosen
08-20-2003, 02:48 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/gay6.jpg

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 02:50 PM
Boozer:
I don't understand why so many people are so opposed to the idea of same sex marriage. These couples live together and are even allowed to adopt children together yet they can't file their taxes as a married couple and get the tax deductions. I do not feel that that is fair. They deserve the same benefits as a man and woman couple. Well Boozer, I've thought you've been up to speed until this post - you've been willing to tell the truth and that probably hasn't won you a lot of friends but I respect you for it. Even if I don't need to know about your bi-ness.
However, your lack of understanding the issue is not surprising. Since everyone these days is in it for themselves (hey, it's all about me) it's only logical that you think that men should be able to marry men and women should be able to marry women. And you think people in gay marriages should have the same rights as men and women in marriages.
Boozer, this country was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. Those beliefs do not condone same sex marriages. Those beliefs are the foundation of our society and while they are being eroded by people like you, they are still the cornerstone of this great country.
Go have sex in bath houses, or in your own house, go have sex with farm animals or whatever you want as long as you (a) don't harm anyone else, (b) don't involve minors, (c) don't expect others to condone it or (d) don't expect to get paid (benefits) for doing it.
Without rules we'll live in a lawless world and that's not what a society is all about. You're asking for something that's off the charts in terms of morals and traditional religious beliefs. Go enjoy yourself but do not expect others to condone it or make it legal just because you think it's OK. It's not OK.

91nordic29
08-20-2003, 02:54 PM
"The pendulum has swung way too far to the left in terms of women's rights "
UH - OH! :rolleyes:

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 03:06 PM
Here's a pic for those of you who think animals should have equal rights too...
http://www.floridasource.com/westport/aussiestud.jpg

Boozer
08-20-2003, 03:13 PM
MagicMtnDan:
Boozer:
I don't understand why so many people are so opposed to the idea of same sex marriage. These couples live together and are even allowed to adopt children together yet they can't file their taxes as a married couple and get the tax deductions. I do not feel that that is fair. They deserve the same benefits as a man and woman couple. Well Boozer, I've thought you've been up to speed until this post - you've been willing to tell the truth and that probably hasn't won you a lot of friends but I respect you for it. Even if I don't need to know about your bi-ness.
However, your lack of understanding the issue is not surprising. Since everyone these days is in it for themselves (hey, it's all about me) it's only logical that you think that men should be able to marry men and women should be able to marry women. And you think people in gay marriages should have the same rights as men and women in marriages.
Boozer, this country was founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. Those beliefs do not condone same sex marriages. Those beliefs are the foundation of our society and while they are being eroded by people like you, they are still the cornerstone of this great country.
Go have sex in bath houses, or in your own house, go have sex with farm animals or whatever you want as long as you (a) don't harm anyone else, (b) don't involve minors, (c) don't expect others to condone it or (d) don't expect to get paid (benefits) for doing it.
Without rules we'll live in a lawless world and that's not what a society is all about. You're asking for something that's off the charts in terms of morals and traditional religious beliefs. Go enjoy yourself but do not expect others to condone it or make it legal just because you think it's OK. It's not OK. We also live in a country that was founded on a basis of people being able to live their lives free of religous persecution. Not everyone in this country is a judeo christian and in modern day society Most are not. You are in a country that is evolving things are not what they were when this country was founded and it will continue to change as time goes on. Society is evolving are you??
I hope and pray for your sake that you don't have children Dan and that if you do have children you are capable of being an accepting parent. The gay thing isn't just a fad and isn't something that is going away it is something that's only going to get bigger. Odd's are that if you have a child there's a good chance he or she will be gay. It's a lot easier for people to be open about their sexuality.
This gay thing is nothing new and America is actually pretty in the dark still when it comes to gay people. Go to Europe and watch the television guys making out with guys seems to be pretty popular over there. They have lots of gay shows there and they seem to do well. The Euro trend is coming to our side of the globe now and well.. it's going to get popular.
We live in a country were people have the right to choose their lifestyle and there are laws that protect these people from being persecuted. Now people are going to exercise those rights and see just what they can get away with. They are going to get away with a LOT.
BTW- Excercise your write to vote against gay marriages while you aren't out numbered. In 10 years there will be more in favor then there are opposing it and all the politicians will be for it because it's going to win elections.
That study said that only 43% were in favor of same sex marriages right? I bet you if that same study were done 10 years ago only about 23% would be in favor maybe even less.
If you are completely secure with your own sexuality then why you are so afraid of gay marriages? Same sex marriages aren't going to lead to lawlessness so don't even try to use that line again. You are obviously in fear of something. Maybe it's a fear that if this gay thing grows anymore you yourself will be succumb to to joing in on the gay parade and packing some fudge of your own.
So with that said MagicMtnDan ask yourself this... Would you be a top or a bottom??
And as far as being in it for myself goes that is hardly the case considering that I am 100% hetero. In todays judgemental society a straight guy can't defend the rights of a homosexual without being gay according to thought of many people on this board. So you guys can go on saying I am gay and I'll go on eating pussy.

HOOTER SLED-
08-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Does the gay bandwagon have all of its spokes??? :D :D

Boozer
08-20-2003, 03:19 PM
HOOTER SLED-:
Does the gay bandwagon have all of its spokes??? :D :D Yes and they are all in the shape of Penis's like those rims someone posted not to long ago.

HOOTER SLED-
08-20-2003, 03:22 PM
Boozer:
HOOTER SLED-:
Does the gay bandwagon have all of its spokes??? :D :D Yes and they are all in the shape of Penis's like those rims someone posted not to long ago. LOL Hey, that was MM Dan who posted that pic. Dan, What's REALLY going on?? :D :D
HOOTER

91nordic29
08-20-2003, 03:23 PM
YEA, BOOZER!!!!
rapists, child molestors, sadists = sexual deviants. heterosexuals, homosexuals = biology.
i hope dan and some of the others dont have kids either if all they teach them is hate. lots of violent crime being committed by people who only know how to hate and disrespect others.

Boozer
08-20-2003, 03:24 PM
Here's that topic.
http://forums.***boat.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004791

TCHB
08-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Ok I have to change this subject it is getting me sick. What year did all of you own your first boat and what type kind?

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Boozer:
And as far as being in it for myself goes that is hardly the case considering that I am 100% hetero. In todays judgemental society a straight guy can't defend the rights of a homosexual without being gay according to thought of many people on this board. So you guys can go on saying I am gay and I'll go on eating pussy. Boozer:
I told you guys already. I'm bi because it doubles my chances of scoring.Does it take a gay person to be able to tell if another person is gay? If it does then I'm not qualified to answer this but otherwise, Boozer, since you're walking like a duck, you quacking like a duck, you're looking like a duck, you must be a duck (no offense to ducks everywhere).
As for my being "afraid of gay marriages" - there are some things I'm afraid of but gay marriages is not one of them. According to your logic the majority of people will be gay in less than 100 years and maybe then the straight people will have to lobby our politicians to make it OK for straight people to be married. I'm happy to say I'll be dead and gone by then and won't have to experience that day in history.
As for "my being secure in my own sexuality" - why yes, I am. And I don't need to scratch my balls or talk about pleasing women to prove it since I have no need to prove anything to you or others. Once again, this isn't about people being free to do what they want (which is OK as long as they don't hurt others or involve children). It's about going beyond that and making gay marriage legal. You seem to be all for that and I could ask you why and question your sexuality but you know what, I really don't care. I just don't believe it's the right thing for society. Have a good time arguing with my beliefs.
You asked me if I'd be a top or bottom - how about this...Just because I think it's OK for others to be gay and even though I don't harbor any prejudices about gay people but I still don't want or believe that gay marriage should be legal doesn't mean that I need to play gay word games with you.
Whether or not you're gay Boozer doesn't really interest or affect me either way. But please don't tell me my shirt doesn't go with my pants. I'd rather wear clothes that clash than be gay.
-Magic Mtn sure-that-Boozer's-clothes-don't-clash Dan

twistedpair
08-20-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm thinking of pitching a new concept show to the networks. "Black Eye for the Gay Guy", whatta ya think, anyone wanna star in the the pilot
wink
And before y'all jump my ass (bad pun intended), this post is a JOKE, remember jokes?

mickeyfinn
08-20-2003, 05:27 PM
Boozer,
One thing this country was founded on was the seperation of church and state. If you read some of the early writings of our forefathers you will find that this was meant to keep the state out of the church not the church out of the state. This country was founded on mostly christian beliefs and the majority of the people here still lay at least some claim to believing in them. As long as the majority is against this type of behavior and works to make their opinion known it should be something kept private as the majority don't want to know about it nor do we want our kids raised to believe it is normal or proper.

mbrown2
08-20-2003, 05:34 PM
mickeyfinn:
Boozer,
As long as the majority is against this type of behavior and works to make their opinion known it should be something kept private as the majority don't want to know about it nor do we want our kids raised to believe it is normal or proper. Well said...

dossangers
08-20-2003, 06:30 PM
[ August 20, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: dossangers ]

dossangers
like i said before im tired of this issue being forced on me thru the media that its ok and normal its not i don t give a shit what people do behind closed doors!!!

dossangers
[ August 20, 2003, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: dossangers ]

dossangers
[ August 20, 2003, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: dossangers ]

HighRoller
08-20-2003, 08:39 PM
People think that just because some of us accept this deviant lifestyle we all do.Wrong.I will never discrminate against a person for being gay,but I will NEVER accept homosexuality as a normal thing.It's not"homophobia",that's a stupid word.Gay rights advocates are"heterophobic"if you want to go that route.Boozer,the reason why there is a perception of homosexuality being increasingly accepted is because the gay lobby has become such a fascist movement that nobody opposed to them wants to speak up anymore for fear of what will happen.They can spout their agenda all day with impunity but if you say even one word that they don't agree with,you get labeled as a bigot,homophobe,racist,hateful demogogue.These people fight against any kind of religion being allowed in school,but DEMAND that our kids be taught why Heather has two mommies. And now that being gay has become"hip"on prime time TV,you have 15 year old girls saying they are "Bi"just because it will get them attention. Until the gay issue became mainstream the children never had to deal with their sexuality. Now it's being shoved down their throats and they aren't even given the right to say being gay is wrong because they will be dragged into sensitivity training.So much for a straight person's right to free speech......

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 09:48 PM
91nordic29:
YEA, BOOZER!!!!
rapists, child molestors, sadists = sexual deviants. heterosexuals, homosexuals = biology.
i hope dan and some of the others dont have kids either if all they teach them is hate. lots of violent crime being committed by people who only know how to hate and disrespect others. There you go telling me I'm "teaching hate" just because I'm against gay marriages. You and your close-minded Boozer buddy can take a flying leap. I've tried to make it very clear that I'm tolerant of others' behavior as long as it doesn't affect kids and those who don't want to be bothered by it (we don't need to see gay parades in the streets or bare butt cheeks sticking out of leather chaps, etc.).
You two want to promote your pro-gay, hetereophobia, you go right ahead. But don't you effen dare tell me I'm teaching hatred or accuse me of intolerance.
Your ultra-liberal gay-flaunting isn't something that I appreciate but since you're liberals that means you don't care what others think (which is why the term "liberal" no longer is a valid description of these people - liberals are rarely tolerant of those who believe differently from them).
In my opinion, gay marriages is a huge step closer to the unraveling of our society. I'm not anti-gay I'm anti-gay marriage. But don't worry, there will be some Democratic candidates you can vote for in the upcoming primaries. God help us all.

Backtanner
08-21-2003, 04:02 AM
When did "gay bashing" desolve into "hate crime"? I think the media in general has really distorted a lot of people's perception. It's not about hate but rather moral or immoral. When I think of homos, it ain't the fruitcake going ga-ga over a new pair of womens shoes, it's the scene out of Pulp Fiction with Marcelis Wallace in Zed's pawnshop. :D
[ August 21, 2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Backtanner ]

HighRoller
08-21-2003, 04:26 AM
Yeah,if you don't(pardon the pun)swallow the gay agenda you're speaking hate.Being gay is righteous and not agreeing with it makes you a bigot,homophobe and hateful.There is no first amendment for politically incorrect people anymore.Being gay is tantamount to being the almighty himself and anyone who says different is persecuted.

Boozer
08-21-2003, 05:29 AM
>There you go telling me I'm "teaching hate" just >because I'm against gay marriages. You and your >close-minded Boozer buddy can take a flying >leap. I've tried to make it very clear that I'm >tolerant of others' behavior as long as it >doesn't affect kids and those who don't want to >be bothered by it (we don't need to see gay >parades in the streets or bare butt cheeks >sticking out of leather chaps, etc.).
I did not accuse you of teaching hate. I hope that you don't shove your gay hating views down the throats of children but hey that's your agenda if you do. Not all gay people parade around wearing leather chaps with their butt chicks sticking out. The younger generation doesn't parade around doing things like that they are a little more reserved. It's actually the people of your generation that did Dan and the reason they did is because they were finally allowed to do it and get away with it after many years of dealing with facist assholes. As far as being close minded goes you may want to look in the mirror and take a look because that's where you're going to find someone who is close minded at ;east to this idea. I'd say my problem is that I'm a little more open minded then most can handle.
>You two want to promote your pro-gay, >hetereophobia, you go right ahead. But don't >you effen dare tell me I'm teaching hatred or >accuse me of intolerance.
Read above statement from me.
>Your ultra-liberal gay-flaunting isn't something >that I appreciate but since you're liberals that >means you don't care what others think (which is >why the term "liberal" no longer is a valid >description of these people - liberalsare
>rarely tolerant of those who believe differently >from them).
I'd say your statement is a little contradictive isn't it? You in fact even noticed the contradiction in your post.
>In my opinion, gay marriages is a huge step >closer to the unraveling of our society. I'm >not anti-gay I'm anti-gay marriage. But don't >worry, there will be some Democratic candidates >you can vote for in the upcoming primaries. God >help us all.
I am so ****ing sick of you and all your god damn political ****ing BS. Everything you say has to turn into Democrat-Republican BS. I think everyone else is sick of it too. No matter what the thread is you some how turn it into a political issue. Keep the ****ing politics off the board Dan. Plain and simple.
Just a piece of advice Dan. If you want to debate on things with me don't take the shit personally and don't make it personal. You make things personal and I'm going to take them personal. That's not a good thing.

Blown 472
08-21-2003, 05:32 AM
Ladies and gents, please welcome Joe McCarthy.

Seadog
08-21-2003, 05:49 AM
FWIW, here is my opinion. There are two types of gay. Physical gay and psychological gay. The first is a abnormal act of nature, like a hemophilliac. I am not saying it is wrong, just a kink in nature. The second is probably more common than people want to believe, but is out there. It is usually the result of some experience during the confusing teen years. A lot of women have experienced really bad first times or rape which has caused them to choose the gentler actions of girl on girl. Public perception plays a lot in some of these decisions. If all you read is Penthouse, your normal concept is a lot different than if you only read American Christian.
I can handle homosexuality as an 'alternative' lifestyle, but I cannot abide public displays of affection. I consider it inappropriate for a gal to grope a crotch in public or to do a tonsilextemy, so why should we allow it from a guy. We do not allow a teacher to talk about being a satan lover/witch/cult follower/prostitute/swinger to her students, why should we allow a teacher that flaunts a homosexual lifestyle.
We have a lot of sorting out to do in our society. We have to give the children as much protection as possible. All of our freedoms are worthless unless we can impart a decent morality to each generation.
[ August 21, 2003, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

Blown 472
08-21-2003, 05:59 AM
Seadog:
FWIW, here is my opinion. There are two types of gay. Physical gay and psychological gay. The first is a abnormal act of nature, like a hemophilliac. I am not saying it is wrong, just a kink in nature. The second is probably more common than people want to believe, but is out there. It is usually the result of some experience during the confusing teen years. A lot of women have experienced really bad first times or rape which has caused them to choose the gentler actions of girl on girl. Public perception plays a lot in some of these decisions. If all you read is Penthouse, your normal concept is a lot different than if you only read American Christian.
I can handle homosexuality as an 'alternative' lifestyle, but I cannot abide public displays of affection. I consider it inappropriate for a gal to grope a crotch in public or to do a tonsilextemy, so why should we allow it from a guy. We do not allow a teacher to talk about being a satan lover/witch/cult follower/prostitute/swinger to her students, why should we allow a teacher that flaunts a homosexual lifestyle.
We have a lot of sorting out to do in our society. We have to give the children as much protection as possible. All of our freedoms are worthless unless we can impart a decent morality to each generation. They cant talk about satan but the religous zelots can ram rod their crap down everyones throat and that is ok??

MagicMtnDan
08-21-2003, 06:00 AM
Boozer:
I hope that you don't shove your gay hating views down the throats of children but hey that's your agenda if you do.
As far as being close minded goes you may want to look in the mirror and take a look because that's where you're going to find someone who is close minded at ;east to this idea. I'd say my problem is that I'm a little more open minded then most can handle.
I am so ****ing sick of you and all your god damn political ****ing BS. Everything you say has to turn into Democrat-Republican BS. I think everyone else is sick of it too. No matter what the thread is you some how turn it into a political issue. Keep the ****ing politics off the board Dan. Plain and simple.
Just a piece of advice Dan. If you want to debate on things with me don't take the shit personally and don't make it personal. You make things personal and I'm going to take them personal. That's not a good thing. Boozer,
I surrender. Since my previous statements of acceptance of others' lifestyles have obviously been something you can't comprehend, I give up.
Since you don't want me to disagree with you, I am now going to support your gay agenda whatever it is. Should I support gay marriages? Gay Boy Scouts? Gay boat parades? Gay day at the Sandbar?
As for telling me to originally posted by Boozer
"keep the ****ing politics off the board Dan. Plain and simple." When did you start making the rules around here? You seem to like using the f-word with me so maybe you can understand this: go **** yourself with whatever sex toy you've got on your nightstand. I didn't start this thread nor many of the other ones. It's been said before, if you don't like the political threads stay out of them.
You tell me I'm gay-hating and close minded. No, I'm not but you refuse to listen so let me try one last time:
I don't hate gays or any people who are "different." I encourage people to do what they want as long as it's in the privacy of their own homes, doesn't hurt anyone or involve kids.
If you see this as "gay-hating" or "close-minded" you've got more problems than I can help you with.
PS: I am happy to discuss things and even debate issues. I don't typically take things personally until some prick starts using the f-word with me and accuses me of "shoving gay hating views down the throats of children." Back off rainbow boy - take your own advice and don't make this personal.

Ntwotrance
08-21-2003, 06:05 AM
And now in watching the news last night, there is a new class being offered in Michigan titled "How to be Gay"....
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030818-122317-3268r.htm
thought gays already knew how to be gay...is this some sort of "fine tuning class"?

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-21-2003, 06:29 AM
better stay your queer as out of east Texas Boozer. yuk we still consider gay bashing a sport here... :D :D :D
Omega

Boozer
08-21-2003, 06:35 AM
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
better stay your queer as out of east Texas Boozer. yuk we still consider gay bashing a sport here... :D :D :D
Omega Funny you say that. I spent a chunk of my life living in Woodlands Texas. The only member of my family that is gay actually lives in Conroe Texas. He's pretty open about his gayness and seems to have no problems.

Boozer
08-21-2003, 06:51 AM
Blown 472:
They cant talk about satan but the religous zelots can ram rod their crap down everyones throat and that is ok?? [/b][/QUOTE]
Remember this country was founded on Judeo Christian beliefs so it is okay to do stuff like that.
[ August 21, 2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

Blown 472
08-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Boozer:
Blown 472:
They cant talk about satan but the religous zelots can ram rod their crap down everyones throat and that is ok?? Remember this country was founded on Judeo Christian beliefs so it is okay to do stuff like that. [/b][/QUOTE]
So that makes it ok??

HighRoller
08-21-2003, 06:56 AM
And now we have a gay high school in New York.If we had told gays they need to all go to a different school we would have been shot for discrmination.But if they decided to have their own school it's okay.Now they are discriminating against straight people,sanctioned by the government.Oh,Boozer you're an idiot. I did not accuse you of teaching hate. I hope that you don't shove your gay hating views Nice way to contradict your own words dumbass. Since when is not accepting homosexuality"hate"? Just because someone somewhere thinks an alternative lifestyle is normal doesn't mean I have to accept it.By your rules if I think incest is alright and you disagree with me you have engaged in hate speech against me.Ever heard of the first amendment?Remember it applies for heterosexual people too.You have the right to be gay and I have the right to say it's wrong.

MagicMtnDan
08-21-2003, 06:59 AM
HighRoller:
Since when is not accepting homosexuality"hate"? Just because someone somewhere thinks an alternative lifestyle is normal doesn't mean I have to accept it.By your rules if I think incest is alright and you disagree with me you have engaged in hate speech against me.Ever heard of the first amendment?Remember it applies for heterosexual people too.You have the right to be gay and I have the right to say it's wrong. Well said HR. I echo your sentiments.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
08-21-2003, 08:15 AM
RiverDave:
OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
Omega I swear to god I'm about one click away from moving to Texas. Seems like it's the only normal state left in the union.
RD I am not saying we don't have any here...but they damn sure don't parade through the streets broadcasting it. They do have their area of town though. But I don't mind it as long as they stay on their side. Once they cross the tracks it's open season. Definitely move to Texas Dave. lot's of beer, barbeque and hot weather, hot women oh yeah and cheap gas... :D :D
Omega

Mrs.909er
08-21-2003, 08:19 AM
I think I am going to leave my man and go marry a woman...hey MMD you and your family are invited. :D wink JK.
I think it is cool to do whatever you want...just don't let your kids know about it/see it...that's just wrong.
I agree this gay shit on TV needs to be moved to a pay per view channel or something..if people really want to see it they can pay for it. We don't need our kids flipping the channels and seeing it.

MagicMtnDan
08-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Mrs. 909er, there's nothing that I've seen or heard from you that I don't like. Keep showing it and talking it. It's all good.
As for marrying a woman, go for it but be sure to post the honeymoon pics!

DickDanger
08-21-2003, 09:29 AM
Why are they embracing the homo lifestyle you ask? Probably because there are a lot of faggots in Hollywood. That Bravo channel can eat a fat dick (which I am sure they would be more than happy to do.) -DD Out

TahitiSteve
08-21-2003, 12:38 PM
The sight of an obese couple all over each other really disgusts me, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to marry. The same applies to gay couples. Marraige is a contract between 2 people, government should have nothing to do it aside from enforcing the terms of the contract.
If a church doesn't believe in performing gay marraiges, that is their right, and is none of the governments business as well.
The same is true of any private organization, if the Boy Scouts don't wish to allow gay pack leaders, no-one should have the right to force them.
Gay Schools, within a coercively funded system their is no way to unravel what is proper. What is right is for every parent to get what they pay for which will happen under a coercively funded system when pig_flyi
The job of government is to protect our rights, not to outlaw, or lay penalties on, what some people think is wrong, and offer incentives to what they think is right. Governments job is not to outlaw things based on public opinion, or biblical assertion, but to stop right violations.
Part of the purpose of the constitution is to restrain majority rule, to protect minorities from the legislation of majority opinion. Based in the belief that one has the right to do what they wish, given they do not violate the same right in another. I don't see how homosexuality violates anyones rights.
As to gay shows, they bug me too, I just change the channell.

MagicMtnDan
08-21-2003, 01:17 PM
TahitiSteve:
The sight of an obese couple all over each other really disgusts me, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to marry. The same applies to gay couples. Marraige is a contract between 2 people, government should have nothing to do it aside from enforcing the terms of the contract.
If a church doesn't believe in performing gay marraiges, that is their right, and is none of the governments business as well.
The same is true of any private organization, if the Boy Scouts don't wish to allow gay pack leaders, no-one should have the right to force them.
Gay Schools, within a coercively funded system their is no way to unravel what is proper. What is right is for every parent to get what they pay for which will happen under a coercively funded system when pig_flyi
The job of government is to protect our rights, not to outlaw, or lay penalties on, what some people think is wrong, and offer incentives to what they think is right. Governments job is not to outlaw things based on public opinion, or biblical assertion, but to stop right violations.
Part of the purpose of the constitution is to restrain majority rule, to protect minorities from the legislation of majority opinion. Based in the belief that one has the right to do what they wish, given they do not violate the same right in another. I don't see how homosexuality violates anyones rights.
As to gay shows, they bug me too, I just change the channell. Interesting - I'm still thinking what you've said over but I do want to know your thoughts on issues like incest, polygamy, and sex with children when they and their parents consent? I'm sure there are other issues as well. Do you think the government should outlaw them or allow them for folks who think it's OK?

mickeyfinn
08-21-2003, 01:33 PM
MagicMtnDan:
As to gay shows, they bug me too, I just change the channell. [/QB]I agree with most of what you said on the federal level, however I also believe that the federal government was not intended to provide the level of legislation that it does today. The state rights were intended to allow the states the right to govern themselves in a matter in which they see fit. It is at the state level that I believe these issues should be dealt with. That being said I think it is improper for the federal government to deem it proper to recognize same sex couples as "married" and provide the benefits accorded to married couples. Example:
I do not believe that a same sex marriage where on of the couple dies that the other should be eligible to recieve social security benefits as the surviving spouse.
I guess (and I am sure to get flamed for this) that my real belief is that if the government would end social security and allow me to invest my own money for retirement and end the other entitlement programs which I am forced to pay for at gun point and get rid of the marriage penalty then the federal government would have absolutely no reason to recognize marriages at all. The only purpose of marriages being recognized at the federal level is for one of the reasons above. So how about we give the states back the right to rule themselves, give the people back their money and allow them to control their own destiny and then all of the turd pounders can move into their own little area be declared a state and do as they wish. At this point they will be forced to fund their own programs with tax dollars collected from their own little state. Then none of us will have any right to tell them who can and can not be married in their state.

Boozer
08-21-2003, 01:41 PM
MagicMtnDan:
TahitiSteve:
As to gay shows, they bug me too, I just change the channell. Interesting - I'm still thinking what you've said over but I do want to know your thoughts on issues like incest, polygamy, and sex with children when they and their parents consent? I'm sure there are other issues as well. Do you think the government should outlaw them or allow them for folks who think it's OK? Incest, Polygamy, and sex with children. Why did you leave out murder, rape, beastiality, and so on? You're now comparing homoseuxals to sexual deviants. Or maybe I am incorrect, I don't really know.
You yourself said that what they do doesn't bother you as long as they do it in the privacy of their own home but now you are bringing things into play that things that hurt others. Homosexuality isn't a crime and if it were it would be a victimless crime. So how can you even compare the forementioned things to homosexuality.
Maybe I am reading way to far in to this or something but either way it just seems interesting how you jump from gay people to polygamy, incest, and statutory rape.

Seadog
08-21-2003, 01:56 PM
There has to be limits and they have to be enforcable. A child is not able to reasonably consent to sex. The problem is no two people mature at the same age, but for it to be legal, it must be exact. Whether or not everyone likes it, our european ethos has become the standard of law. If not then we could have Ali Baba and his forty 12 year old wives being legal.
I do not believe in government sanctioning of homosexual marriages. I also do not believe that gays should be allowed to adopt. I also do not believe in wife swapping or infidelity. I may not fit in with the west coast liberalism and I do not give a rats ass.
Boozer, if you showed up for a visit, I would share my food and drink with you and enjoy talking boats/politics. If you showed up with a boyfriend and started to makeout in front of me, I'd kick your ass out. I would do the same if two gals started the same shit. I would also do the same if some gorgeous gal hit on me. It may take awhile for me to believe it, but I would push her ass out before getting good and drunk. We are no better than our convictions and the respect we show others, particularly our family members.

Boozer
08-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Seadog:
Boozer, if you showed up for a visit, I would share my food and drink with you and enjoy talking boats/politics. If you showed up with a boyfriend and started to makeout in front of me, I'd kick your ass out. I would do the same if two gals started the same shit. I would also do the same if some gorgeous gal hit on me. It may take awhile for me to believe it, but I would push her ass out before getting good and drunk. We are no better than our convictions and the respect we show others, particularly our family members. I feel the same way. My gay friends know that they are not to make out, grope, etc. in front of me. And I am equally respectful to them by not making out, groping, etc. my lady in their presence.
I support their right to live their lives as they choose to and if supporting their rights means people will hate me or dislike me then that's fine by me. You don't know who your real friends are until you get a gay guy as your room mate.

little rowe boat
08-21-2003, 02:29 PM
Homosexuality is just not right.They should all stay in the closet and then we should lock the door.

little rowe boat
08-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Please take all the stars away.Who cares. :D

TahitiSteve
08-21-2003, 04:37 PM
Interesting - I'm still thinking what you've said over but I do want to know your thoughts on issues like incest, polygamy, and sex with children when they and their parents consent? I'm sure there are other issues as well. Do you think the government should outlaw them or allow them for folks who think it's OK?I'm having a hard time coming up with what I believe is a proper legal position on incest. I really don't understand the severity of problems with imbred offspring. That is the basis on which I would uphold any legal restrictions on incest.
Polygamy, I see no problem with it, except forthe legal/economic benefits (or penalties) placed on marraige. I agree with Mickey, that those benefits should be disbanded, and then govermnent has no reason to concern itself with marraige.
Sex with kids - I agree completely with what Seadog said on this. But to tackle the part about both parents agreeing to it, the parents don't own the child, they should not be allowed to abuse the child (or allow abuse), physically, verbally or sexually. Though the question of what degree of any of those should be considered a legal problem is a very hard issue.
I guess (and I am sure to get flamed for this) that my real belief is that if the government would end social security and allow me to invest my own money for retirement and end the other entitlement programs which I am forced to pay for at gun point and get rid of the marriage penalty then the federal government would have absolutely no reason to recognize marriages at all. The only purpose of marriages being recognized at the federal level is for one of the reasons above. So how about we give the states back the right to rule themselves, give the people back their money and allow them to control their own destiny I could not agree more wholeheartedly with most of this. Get the government out of it, end the entitlements, and let people control their own lives. Except that just as I do not recognise the right of the states to uphold and allow slavery. I don't believe in the states right to disallow gay marraige.
then all of the turd pounders can move into their own little area be declared a state and do as they wish. At this point they will be forced to fund their own programs with tax dollars collected from their own little state. Then none of us will have any right to tell them who can and can not be married in their state.
I don't believe our rights should be subject to majority approval at the local state, or federal level.

HighRoller
08-21-2003, 10:01 PM
TahitiSteve,you're only partially correct in your definition of marriage.It is a contract between two people,but not just any two people.Marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman. Period.End of sentence.There IS no such thing as gay marriage.It is an impossibility.Now, instead of abiding by and respecting the institution of marriage the gays want to destroy it.How?By going to court to get the definition changed to suit their needs.And as far as Boozer saying homosexuality is not a deviant behavior,I disagree.It goes against the laws of nature and the foundations that our society was built on.If we all turned gay the human race would die out. Is that a"healthy and normal"lifestyle?

TahitiSteve
08-21-2003, 11:10 PM
TahitiSteve,you're only partially correct in your definition of marriage.It is a contract between two people,but not just any two people.Marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman. Period.End of sentence.There IS no such thing as gay marriage.It is an impossibility.Yes, marraige by itself may be defined as a union between a man and a woman, gay marraige defines itself as a differrent sort of marraige. Just as Sex is defined as sexual penetration, but in phone sex there is no penetration, doesn't mean there is no such thing as phone sex.
Now, instead of abiding by and respecting the institution of marriage the gays want to destroy it.How?By going to court to get the definition changed to suit their needs.How does recognizing a contract between 2 people of the same sex destroy contracts between heterosexual couples?
And as far as Boozer saying homosexuality is not a deviant behavior,I disagree.It goes against the laws of nature and the foundations that our society was built on.If we all turned gay the human race would die out. Is that a"healthy and normal"lifestyle?Does this mean you have no problem with bi-sexuality? People would still reproduce. There are many many activities that do not lead to reproduction. Boating, watching TV etc. I myself do not want children, am I acting against the laws of nature, should I not be allowed to marry? Should vasectomies, or tube tieing be illegal, if everyone did it the human race would die out?
I'm always confused when people bring up that the human race would die out if everyone were gay. It seems as if people fear that if it were accepted they would become gay and figure everyone else would as well. I'm not accusing anyone of being gay, it just seems like a rediculous arguement, I certainly wouldn't become gay, and I doubt many other currently heterosexual people would change their preference due to it.
There may be some people that fight their homosexual urges in order to attempt to fit in with society. I think releasing them from that restraint would be a good thing. Why should people suffer just because some in society do not think their sexual preference is proper?
Hypothetically, Imagine if homosexuality were the norm, while your feelings for women were just as they are today, would you restrain yourself for that society? Should you? Imagine, in that same society that your love for one of the opposite sex was considered an aberration, and you could not legally marry, would you not ask WHY?, would you not try to change the law, upholding your union as every bit as special as the unions that others in that society recognized?
[ August 22, 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: TahitiSteve ]

RyanSeacrest
08-21-2003, 11:43 PM
argue Yeah, I swear these gay shows suck. I myself think my show AMERICAN IDOL is good clean fun!