PDA

View Full Version : Union people I have a question

Blown 472
12-12-2002, 01:17 PM
If you are in a union do you have to take the health insurance that is offered or can you get your own. And how does taff hardy act come into play.

GlastronGuy
12-12-2002, 01:23 PM
I can get my own insurance, they will give me part of the money they would have otherwise spent on it, in my paycheck. I don't know what the Taft hardy act is.
Operating Engineer's is the union.

hd&boatrider
12-12-2002, 01:33 PM
It would be specified in the contract signed by your union I would think.

Blown 472
12-12-2002, 01:44 PM
It is local 400 plumbers and steam fitters and they are saying it is some state law in wisc. that they have to have it.

lovemyultra
12-12-2002, 07:27 PM
You will probably want to talk to your business rep they will have all the answers. I think you are asking about Davis Bacon not Taft Hartley if it is DB it basiclly means that any job funded by public monies (taxes bonds etc) all workers will be paid area standards set by current union wages in your area but if your in a union it doesnt apply, it is in place to protect non union workers from getting ****ed by RAT contractors.It also keeps the playing feild level at bid time since all workes should be getting the same respective wage for thier trade .If I can help anymore let me know
GOOD LUCK DJ