PDA

View Full Version : RRX Havasu Invasion

riverracerx
07-29-2003, 08:12 AM
WHAT? You haven’t heard!
The River Racer X Havasu Invasion is almost here. Have you signed up yet?
It is August 8th-9th.
Here is the run down:
This event is an ALL BOAT regatta. It is also NOT A RACE! It is a group Poker Run/Cruise, which means we will all be hanging together all day and moving the party to various spots throughout the day. Unlike other events you will not need to worry about being the biggest and fastest boat out there. This event is targeted around the family performance boater. And all kids are welcome! If you have ever wanted to see what a Poker Run/Regatta was all about, but didn’t want to scare your family, this is the event for you! This will be a casual event where you can meet some great new boating friends and just have a good time!
The cost of the registration is $125.00 per boat, which gets you into the event plus:
2 T-shirts, 2 adult dinners, a goodie bag filled with stuff, 1 poker run hand and a chance to win some great prizes!
Additional adult dinners are $20.00, kids are $8.00
The event will start Saturday morning at 9:00 and we will meet ON THE WATER in the middle of Thompson Bay. Please get there early if you cannot check-in Friday night. We will also have the KOKOMO’s party barge cruising with us pumping out over 10,000 watts of music during the event. They will also be broadcasting the event over an FM station so you can get all the information via your boat stereo. Or you may listen in via FRS radio.
The registration friday night and the dinner and awards will be held inside the beautiful London Bridge Resort conference center. Next to the golf course and overlooking the channel, this will be our base of operations. The LBR has also given us permission to use their docks and will block off a section for us to use during the day (not overnight). Note they have limited space.
At check-in you will receive a wristband for the event when you come to registration Friday night. This wristband must be worn for you to get your FOOD! Don't take it off. If you do not have a wristband you will not get into the conference center Saturday.
The wristband will also be good for FREE admission to KOKOMO'S both Friday and Saturday night after the event.
We will also only be able to accomodate 65 boats. So if you arrive late Friday to pay and we have already reached the 65 mark, you will not be able to join the festivities. SO PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE EARLY!
Registration online will end August 5th! You may pay securely online with your credit card via PayPal or you may mail in a check with the registration form. But all mailed registrations must arrive to me by the 5th. Payment at the event will be cash or check only!
Please visit
River Racer X (http://www.riverracerx.com) to register.
Don't miss the HOTTEST event of the summer!
http://www.riverracerx.com/regatta/images/8x1103flyer.jpg

shockwavebd
07-29-2003, 09:20 AM
Wouldn't miss it great bunch you got there chris :D

boat030
07-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Sent my money in last week I can't wait. I think I'll just leave now and wait for you guys there.

Edmond
07-29-2003, 09:53 AM
Registered last week, I am looking forward to hanging out. Only 10 more days!! :D :D

El Chingon
07-29-2003, 11:09 AM
i'm in too!!!! :cool:

Chase
07-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Ok this may be a wierd request...but I figure I would put it out there anyway...Could a person get a t-shirt (or two) without attending the event??
If so How??

Steamin' Rice
07-29-2003, 12:27 PM
We'll be there......

riverracerx
07-29-2003, 12:39 PM
If we don't sell them all, the T-shirts will be available on the site after the event. Or you can always e.mail me too.
admin@riverracerx.com

shockwavebd
07-29-2003, 06:05 PM
To da top

playdeep
07-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Last year's RRX Regatta was a blast...
I met a bunch of very cool people,actually ended up buying my boat from someone that I met at the Regatta.
Chris,
With the growth of the RRX website since last year,I would think the 65 spots are gonna fill up pretty fast...guess I better register :D

SoCalOffshore
07-29-2003, 08:52 PM
mmmmmm. Sounds like it could be a good time had by all.

locogringo
07-29-2003, 11:29 PM
count me in Homeboys! Mailing out the check tonight (actually tomorrow).
Party at our house after?????? For peeps with kids that is cause we got one.

GhettoBird
07-30-2003, 12:58 AM
Can I come too Loco?

riverracerx
07-30-2003, 08:06 AM
When this thing is all over I will need a drink. LOTS of planning!
Seems we have a majority of Shockwave owners coming. Who else is gonna step to the plate to help me show them up?
Attendance is better than I expected. I think we will fill all the spot!
Hurry and register now to secure your spot!!
It's gonna be a blast!!

shockwavebd
07-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Seems we have a majority of Shockwave owners coming. Who else is gonna step to the plate to help me show them up? ......................Imposable wink

bigq
07-30-2003, 09:05 AM
I'd go ... If I had a boat. let me see Nordic or Shockwave HMMM.... :D

boat030
07-30-2003, 09:36 AM
locogringo:
Party at our house after?????? For peeps with kids that is cause we got one. Hey that sounds good I was wondering what us family people were going to do when all the no kids people were hitting the after party parties.

carreraelite
07-30-2003, 09:43 AM
It's in the mail!! :D

Steamin' Rice
07-30-2003, 12:46 PM
SoCalOffshore:
mmmmmm. Sounds like it could be a good time had by all. SoCal....It's sounding like it will be a pretty good time...You should bring the Schiada out for the weekend..

In2Deep
07-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Registration sent, I'm in.
Proudly representing the Nordic bunch.
Shockwave what?
Last year's event was the highlight of the Summer. This one is not to be missed.
I2D

riverracerx
07-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks David, we need more Nordics! the Shockwave guys are trying to take over.

Edmond
07-30-2003, 09:42 PM
My buddy with an HTM just sent his in, I think he is the only HTM going.

nextasex
07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
I am sure this is going to be a great event, people that went last year had an absolute blast and everybody won prizes! I have a baby due right about that time or a couple days before, or else I would most definetly be there. cry
Have fun to all that go!
Frank :)

coolerguy
07-31-2003, 07:06 AM
nextasex:
I am sure this is going to be a great event, people that went last year had an absolute blast and everybody won prizes! I have a baby due right about that time or a couple days before, or else I would most definetly be there. cry
Have fun to all that go!
Frank :) I know some of the prizes will be cool. That is Polar Pac coolers.
I know RRX has been working very hard to make this a great event. Don't sit around and wait for the pictures sign up now!! :cool:

PHX ATC
07-31-2003, 07:18 AM
I'm in.
Just hope I'm not boat #66.

In2Deep
07-31-2003, 07:57 AM
Talked to a buddy of mine last night -- he's showing up with his brand spankin' new 32' Skater with twin 575SCi's.
This is going to be a show.

unleashed
07-31-2003, 08:03 AM
I was at last years event and definitly had a great time with my family. As mentioned above everyone walked away with some cool stuff. If you havent been then you should definitly give yourself a treat and go. Im going to have to miss this year due to the fact my boat is not ready. cry
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil

riverracerx
07-31-2003, 08:22 AM
I just talked to a guy with a brand spankin' new DCB 28' that is going too. We are going to have a bunch of killer boats out there.
I guess everyone waited till this week to register because I had a bunch of faxes last night when I got home. It's gonna be a good turn out. :cool:

boat030
07-31-2003, 08:29 AM
RiverDave:
Chris, I really wish I could go... :( Depending on a couple of things I might be able to make it as a last minute kinda deal. :)
I'm working on it currently.
RD C'mon make it happen, what else could you possibly be doing that would be more important??

shockwavebd
07-31-2003, 09:59 AM
Come on RD you can do it :D

riverracerx
07-31-2003, 10:19 AM
I need more Nordics to show to help combat the influx of Shockwaves to the site!

carreraelite
07-31-2003, 12:47 PM
I'll be there with bells on! :D
RD [/QB][/QUOTE]
There's a visual that I didn't need!! :D wink

riverracerx
07-31-2003, 01:25 PM
I'll be there with bells on my balls!
Ooops, TMI :p

Steamin' Rice
07-31-2003, 04:01 PM
riverracerx:
I'll be there with bells on my balls!
Ooops, TMI :p WAAYYY TOO MUCH INFO!! :D
Is it too late for me to un-register? I didn't realize it was going to be that kind of party..... :D yuk

shockwavebd
07-31-2003, 05:01 PM
I need more Nordics to show to help combat the influx of Shockwaves to the site! I am starting to feel unwanted frown

riverjunky_
07-31-2003, 05:30 PM
Paid 2 weeks ago counting the days...... Don't miss it....... Will be there with 3 couples ready for anything you have to throw at us !!!!!!!!!!!! eek! :D :D

SoCalOffshore
07-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Alright I think I have it worked out. Move over Shockwaves, DCB's and Nordics, the orange and purple Schiada is coming to town. I will fax the registration tomorrow. Any rooms available at the LBR?
[ July 31, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: SoCalOffshore ]

carreraelite
08-01-2003, 06:19 AM
Ooops, TMI :p
That's way understated!! :D

izquik72
08-01-2003, 06:53 AM
So what is the count how boats have entered? This would be my first event of this nature any words of wisdom Hoping to meet everybody and have a blast. :D

Edmond
08-01-2003, 02:10 PM
My other buddy just said he would be making it, will register up there. Looking forward to a great time.

SoCalOffshore
08-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Just faxed registration form and check is being Fed-Ex'd to you. I can never get PayPal to work for me. Always says I have a password already and I have no clue what it is.

Riverhound
08-01-2003, 10:16 PM
All paid up and the registration has been faxed. See everyone on Saturady :D

locogringo
08-02-2003, 08:17 PM
....details to follow...
RD, I've missed your last three so don't go breaking my record with RRX ones... :D :D

Edmond
08-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Did we get a count of how many are registered? I am sure there will be several last minute boats registering. Where is RRX I can't log in.

riverracerx
08-04-2003, 01:04 PM
If you can't log in to the board, make sure you are LOGGED OUT!
Then go to the message board link located on the front page of the site. It will then show you the link to the new board that will need to be pasted into your browser. It is an all new board with new features. It looks crazy right now and needs some tweaking but will be back to the cool RRX look very soon!

riverracerx
08-04-2003, 01:06 PM
This just in:
Schedule of Events
FRIDAY NIGHT registration party 6:00pm to 10:00pm London Bridge Resort’s Conference Center
Cocktail Party
Hot Wheels Drag racing awards for winners plus grand prize sponsored by Nationwide Homes
Bounce house for the kids
Kokomo after party for registered event participants (Must be over 21 ID required) Free admission!!!!!!!!
SATURDAY MORNING 9:00 am Thompson Bay
Drivers meeting in Thompson Bay in front of Rotary Beach
Helicoptor aerial photo shots will be taken and available for purchase during the dinner and awards.
Poker Run begins, there are four poker run stops on the lake. All poker run stops are shown on the Poker Run map located in the event guide. The poker run is not a race!!!!!!!! If you are not able to get to one of the Poker Run stops for any reason, you will be given any missing cards at the Poker Run base located at the London Bridge Resort Conference Center at 6:00pm, during the Cocktail party. Poker Run Base will be open from 6:00 to 8:30pm, You will b e given your fifth card and any missing cards at the Poker Run Base and all cards will be opened by Jokers Wild Staff.
The party location will be announced Friday night and Saturday at the driver’s meeting. It will be held at an undisclosed location somewhere on the lake. KOKOMO’s will be sponsoring this part of the party and will be bringing their floating party boat with 13000 watts of music power for us to listen to throughout the day.
SATURDAY NIGHT 6:00 to 7:00 pm
Cocktail Party in the London Bridge Resorts Conference room.
Bounce House for the kids
SATURDAY Night 7:00 pm
Dinner in the London Bridge Resorts Conference room.
Awards Ceremony: Poker Run / Newest & oldest boat / Best Stereo, Prince & Princess etc...
Raffle
Saturday Party at Kokomo Lake Havasu
All event participants over 21 will be admitted into Kokomo (Must be over 21 ID required) Free admission!!!!!!!!
Kokomo Volley Ball Tournament for River Racer X event participants so be sure to dress appropriately. (wear your swimsuit if you want to play!)
Sunday 9:00am
Morning run to Havasu Springs, We will meet in the Channel in front of the London Bridge resort at 9:00am and we will leave at 9:30 to start the trip south towards Havasu Springs.
After lunch- Have a safe trip home or hang a bit longer with us!

LHC30Victory
08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
My timing Sucks! Won't be getting the new ride until the end of aug. Well, I'm sure we will see y'all next year!

Advantage Adam
08-04-2003, 03:13 PM
JUST REGISTERED. SEE EVERYBODY THERE

WILD LAVEY
08-04-2003, 07:37 PM
i hope your not over the limit yet. im having a hard time downloading the registration form, so it looks like ill have to wait till fri to register. cant wait, 2 more days and im outa here.

Keith E. Sayre
08-04-2003, 09:48 PM
Hey River Dave, if you need a ride, call me. I've
got plenty of room in the new deckboat. Let me
know, we'd be happy to have you. Also have a couple of other friends with brand new deckboats
who'd be happy to haul someone in need! This is
the funnest event that I went to last year.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

riverracerx
08-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Online registration ends tonight at 7:00.
But you can still be a walk up at the event for the exact same price! Just remember to bring cash or check. No credit cards accepted at the event!
If you didn't see the schedule of events, check it out. It will be the BEST regatta this year!

unleashed
08-05-2003, 09:36 AM
Ok, looks like I'll probably be headed to This kickass event. For those of you not going it was one of the better events that I went to last year. Seriously though everyone who attends gets alot of cool shit and will meet alot of cool peeps! I'll probably be hanging in Chriss boat so dont forget to say what up!
Deano

unleashed
Ok, looks like I'll probably be headed to This kickass event. For those of you not going it was one of the better events that I went to last year. Seriously though everyone who attends gets alot of cool shit and will meet alot of cool peeps! I'll probably be hanging in Chriss boat so dont forget to say what up!
Deano

unleashed
Deano

riverracerx
08-05-2003, 09:37 AM
Cool, glad to have you aboard Deano!

unleashed
08-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Damn my first Triple post. I gotta pimp this thing for Chris! :)
Deano

NastyOne
08-05-2003, 09:43 AM
RRX,
This sounds like it is going to be a sweet time. I cant go... but have a question for ya. I am a young guy of 22 and was wondering if there are any girls that show up around my age. It seems like it is the 30-50 age group, or really young kids. How has it been in the past?
Thanks,
Neal

NastyOne
08-05-2003, 09:52 AM
RiverDave:
LOL... Well I don't think it's really a "singles" event, but I'll throw in my .02..
There was alot of "talent" running around the Nordic regatta last time I was there. :D Alot of Nordic owners are going to this, so I'd have to imagine there'll be a little something something.
I'm bringing a 26 year old Hottie that's up for grabs.
RD RD, was this directed to me? I didnt mean for it to sound like singles talk. I just like to talk to people my age. As for your 26 year old hottie... is she already blown up, or do I have to provide my own pump. :D

unleashed
08-05-2003, 10:21 AM
I wouldnt say there is going to be a ton of people in the 22 year old category but I do know everyone I met last year was way cool and you could hold a conversation with any of them. Down to earth people and no attitudes. Oh and as Dave mentioned Im sure there will be plenty of talent running around!
Deano

NastyOne
08-05-2003, 10:43 AM
unleashed:
I wouldnt say there is going to be a ton of people in the 22 year old category but I do know everyone I met last year was way cool and you could hold a conversation with any of them. Down to earth people and no attitudes. Oh and as Dave mentioned Im sure there will be plenty of talent running around!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) devil I bet you will be bringing some nice pices of ass. :D

unleashed
08-05-2003, 10:53 AM
I Usually do when I have my boat. Unfortunatly this weekend I will not be bringing the Unleashed girls. There is an event going on at rialto speedway Saturday(Skating, bands, BMX, etc.) all the girls will be working a booth I have there.
Now when I get my boat you know it will definitly be on for Labor day!
But lets not forget there were plenty of Hotties at RiverRacerX last year. Im sure this year will be no different!
Deano

riverracerx
08-05-2003, 11:14 AM
I don't know who will all be there but last year this was some of the action:
http://www.riverracerx.com/regatta/talent/images/DSC_0127.jpg
We have over 50 boats signed up so I am sure there will be some talent!

faster
08-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Me and the wife are in with the kids!!!! So's SkaterMike and his Family. See you on the water. Last year was Great!!!!!

faster
08-05-2003, 02:05 PM
oops

riverracerx
08-06-2003, 08:37 AM
See you there! wink

coolerguy
08-06-2003, 09:09 AM
You all have a great time! :cool:

Mr.Havasu
08-06-2003, 10:18 AM
We're in! Registered on line at the last possible minute :D
Also throwing in a free Boat detail to be given away at the event wink
Can't wait till friday! See you all there :cool:

riverracerx
08-06-2003, 12:13 PM
This just in! the GRAND PRIZE will be a complete stereo system for your boat, worth over $2100.00. A cat back Gibson exhaust, worth over $450.00 and CASH!
And the other prizes are pretty killer too!
Don't miss it!

WILD LAVEY
08-07-2003, 04:23 AM
oh yeah, few more hours and im outa here. see you guys there.