PDA

View Full Version : Who is coming to Indy?

burbanite
05-06-2003, 08:50 PM
rrrr is going to be in town soon, anyone else coming this month?
I know Roz was here last year but I missed him, what about this time Roz?
If any of you are making the journey I may be able to give you a tour of the shop, depending on the timing of course. It would be cool to be able to show you how the operation works. My email is in my profile if you can work it in.

Tom Brown
05-06-2003, 08:52 PM
I wish I was going but I can't leave town right now. I'll be there for the USGP in September, though. :)

burbanite
05-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Tom Brown:
I wish I was going but I can't leave town right now. I'll be there for the USGP in September, though. :) The offer stands for those attending the F1 race as well. :) :)

Tom Brown
05-06-2003, 09:01 PM
:) :) :)

burbanite
05-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Just received a call from rrrr, he is arriving in town tomorrow.
Invitation furthur extended to Brickyard 400 attendees.

HavasuDreamin'
05-07-2003, 10:17 AM
I'll be in Indy for the race. :D For those who will be here, take burbanite up on his shop tour. It is frickin' unbelievable. :)
[ May 07, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

XLGPP
05-07-2003, 10:19 AM
the owner of our store (Frank Borman) was the grand marshall there several years ago, so we get like 10 tickets every year for life.. I went in 2000, was hoping to go back again this year, but now saving vacation for wedding.. We will definately be back next year, see ya then

rrrr
05-07-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm starting to get pumped up, our car is third on the speed charts today, a little less than .1 sec. off the best time.
Just hope it doesn't (*#@&$_#@* rain on Saturday!!! :D :D

HavasuDreamin'
05-07-2003, 12:06 PM
I will be at the track on Friday. Any one else going to be there?

rrrr
05-07-2003, 02:54 PM
HavasuDreamin':
I will be at the track on Friday. Any one else going to be there? HD, call me. 214/693-1629

burbanite
05-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Oh, oh,
looks like rain Friday, Saturday and Sunday!
We spent most of the day on race setups, probably start to look at qualifying trim sometime tomorrow.
Be careful when you look at posted speeds, invariably they are done with a tow, the thing to watch for is the car that is putting together strings of consistant times.
Qualifying is obviously done by yourself so it is important to get the car working that way, you don't want it to go loose at the end of your four laps so the tendency is to start out with a little understeer and let it come to you.
The whole "happy hour" thing is something we prefer not to get involved in, it serves no purpose other than the press at the end of each day. :confused:
We took pole last year and did it by sticking to the plan. Ron, we also held it for most of the day in 2000, took the first time we posted as per our plan, your buddy took it away at the end of the day! wink

HavasuDreamin'
05-08-2003, 07:52 AM
rrrr:
HavasuDreamin':
I will be at the track on Friday. Any one else going to be there? HD, call me. 214/693-1629 I'll give you a buzz once I get to the track. Should be between noon and 2:00 or so. Feel free to take down my cell number and call me anytime. (317) 223-3096. :cool:
Burbanite.........it looks like possible isolated rain in the AM (Friday) and then sunny and 83. :cool:
[ May 08, 2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

manson
05-08-2003, 08:15 AM
ill be there for indy one day of time trials and race. the USGP qualifying and race. brickyard qualifying. ill call if you dont mind.
its only a hour and a half drive from the house to the track. wont be there this weekend.

bohica
05-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Working on it. I hired a guy last month who's father-in-law is Mo Nunn. Trying to work something out.

burbanite
05-08-2003, 08:36 AM
HavasuDreamin':
I'll give you a buzz once I get to the track. Should be between noon and 2:00 or so. Feel free to take down my cell number and call me anytime. (317) 223-3096. :cool:
Burbanite.........it looks like possible isolated rain in the AM (Friday) and then sunny and 83. :cool: HD, rrrr was arriving at about ten this morning so probably won't see your cell number.
Yep, it's shitty out there now but we are running, was misting earlier on. Hope it brightens up, we were working on some qualifying stuff late last night and this morning, I want to get to try it. Probably won't do qual. sims until tomorrow if the weather holds, new engines etc. go in tonight.

burbanite
05-08-2003, 08:38 AM
manson:
ill be there for indy one day of time trials and race. the USGP qualifying and race. brickyard qualifying. ill call if you dont mind.
its only a hour and a half drive from the house to the track. wont be there this weekend. manson, give me a call and I'll do my best to make it happen, any of those events is good for me.

burbanite
05-08-2003, 08:41 AM
bohica:
Working on it. I hired a guy last month who's father-in-law is Mo Nunn. Trying to work something out. bohica, what is his name, I met Mo's daughter a couple of times when he worked with us. Call me if you make it to town.

bohica
05-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Burbanite,
His name is Andrew Grim and his wife (Mo Daughter) is Beverly. He said his wife and daughter used to go down to the shop a lot when Mo was working there. He asked if your name was Tom Anderson?

burbanite
05-08-2003, 04:38 PM
bohica:
Burbanite,
His name is Andrew Grim and his wife (Mo Daughter) is Beverly. He said his wife and daughter used to go down to the shop a lot when Mo was working there. He asked if your name was Tom Anderson? Tom joined forces with Adrian Fernandez to start their own team, they are in the CART series but running cars here at Indy this year, saw Tom yesterday as a matter of fact.