PDA

View Full Version : California budget

HCS
07-30-2003, 05:47 AM
Democrats in California are celebrating the fact
that they passed a budget.
Their ****ing budget is bull shit!, it's going to
cut into your home budget. For one they are trippling the car tax. Your registration fees are going to be outrageous.
These bastards can't cut spending, they got to take
the money from our pocket books because they
can't control spending. :mad:
One more reason to recall Gray out Davis!
Send a message.

eliminatedsprinter
07-30-2003, 08:40 AM
They have been a nightmare, spending money like crackheads and wanting to regulate everything to death. Ca should serve as a warning as to what that party has become. If you think what has happened here does not reflect on the national party as a whole, just look at who they selected as house minority leader. I'm ashamed of the fact that I am still regesterd as a dem. It's embarrassing when they ask me what ballot I need at elections with primaries.

bigq
07-30-2003, 08:48 AM
Not only are they raising the registration tax, but they also are borrowing quit a bit from the future to pay for this years budget. It will make it look as though things are fixed when in reality they are only prolonging the the state problems. From what I understand it was not legal for them to raise the registration tax and a lawsuit is already being prepared, which means they will need to repay all the monies paid when it is reveresed.They also borrowed money that was illegal without a vote from us. California is becoming a joke and it is a shame. yuk yuk

ROZ
07-30-2003, 09:12 AM
I find it interesting that they say that they did it without raising taxes, BUT the registration FEE will increase..ASSHOLES..Guess I'm gonna have to sell a couple cars......
I'm not a fan of Simon's, but I'm all for investgative audit of the state finances and departments....
I also find it interesting how they Davis played the " I care about the kids" card..... If he really cares, he'd find where the money is doing the least amount of good and apply it to the schools... Like I ssid, time to audit...

eliminatedsprinter
07-30-2003, 09:25 AM
Time to boot them out.
If this does not cause a strong anti-dem backlash then It will prove beyond a doubt that 20+ years of dem controll of our states major school districts has produced a population of pathetic sheep who will follow any feel-good, big gov plan.

Dave C
07-30-2003, 09:50 AM
Roz, the problem is that you don't speak "Democratic english."
According the democratice english dictionary, a raised "fee" is not a raised "tax" because it is a "fee." Symantecs are important here.
Just because you have to fork out twice what you did last year to register you car/truck and you insist that its a tax because your out-of-pocket that just means that your symantecs are incorrect. wink
I have the "democratic english" dictionary over here just in case anyone else has any questions. :D

Dave C
07-30-2003, 09:52 AM
ya this is great.
11 billion cut
10 billion borrowed
8 billion deferred (translation will be borrowed next year)
4 billion "tax increase" from vehicle registration.
Where do you start. This is a disaster.......

Irishluck
07-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Have you noticed that Davis has been blaming the economy on Bush. Now he is saying that the recall effort is going to cost 60 million plus. This guy is one dumb s.o.b.

Dave C
07-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Ya he blames it on national problems.
California's economy is the 6th largest in the WORLD.
So is it the rest of the US causing California's problem or California causing the rest of the country's problems? I vote for the latter.
Last recession, California was dead last coming out of it. I think we are headed down the route this time.

ROZ
07-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Irishluck:
Have you noticed that Davis has been blaming the economy on Bush. Now he is saying that the recall effort is going to cost 60 million plus. This guy is one dumb s.o.b. Maybe we oughta breakdown this figure witht the democratic math book.... N x 2( the Democtaric part wink ) = T
N = real figure
T = Total screwing with Davis in office
Funny thing is that they state it's going to cost 60 mil like we're going to call it off??? IT'S A DONE DEAL! THE ELECTION IS GOING TO HAPPEN !
I know the solution though...Give peeps who are illegally in the country drivers licenses! Nice..... :mad:

summerlove
07-30-2003, 02:11 PM
If it wasn't for prior governor Pete Wilson "LOWERING" the registration fees by $4-5 BILLION/year a number of years back the State of CA would never have been placed into the situation it is now. That said, I'm not a big Gray fan, but he didn't necessairly do this all on his own. Gray inherited that boondoggle. He's just the scapegoat for the entire legislature's shortcomings. My $.02

summerlove
07-30-2003, 02:12 PM
If it wasn't for prior governor Pete Wilson "LOWERING" the registration fees by $4-5 BILLION/year a number of years back the State of CA would never have been placed into the situation it is now. That said, I'm not a big Gray fan, but he didn't necessairly do this all on his own. Gray inherited that boondoggle. He's just the scapegoat for the entire legislature's shortcomings. My $.02
Oh Yea, where are the WMD's also? Just like his old man, Jr. pulled out before getting the job done. Talk about recall??? If that was Clinton he'd have been crucified by now by the right wing conspiracy...

ROZ
07-30-2003, 02:22 PM
summerlove:
If it wasn't for prior governor Pete Wilson "LOWERING" the registration fees by $4-5 BILLION/year a number of years back the State of CA would never have been placed into the situation it is now. That said, I'm not a big Gray fan, but he didn't necessairly do this all on his own. Gray inherited that boondoggle. He's just the scapegoat for the entire legislature's shortcomings. My $.02 So you're saying that we're in debt because Pete Wilson cut the registration fees? I seem to remember that Gray took over with a surplus....
Regardless, spending needs to be audited and reduced. You can't pay out more than you've collected....

summerlove
07-30-2003, 03:16 PM
ROZ:
summerlove:
If it wasn't for prior governor Pete Wilson "LOWERING" the registration fees by $4-5 BILLION/year a number of years back the State of CA would never have been placed into the situation it is now. That said, I'm not a big Gray fan, but he didn't necessairly do this all on his own. Gray inherited that boondoggle. He's just the scapegoat for the entire legislature's shortcomings. My $.02 So you're saying that we're in debt because Pete Wilson cut the registration fees? I seem to remember that Gray took over with a surplus....
Regardless, spending needs to be audited and reduced. You can't pay out more than you've collected.... I agree. But, Wilson did lower the fees and now they're going back up. Like I said, I'm not a big GD fan, and I agree that he should have done more earlier, but remember, the Senate and the Assembly are the legislative bodies and they make the laws and approve the governor's budgets, so he is not the only guilty party here. Everyone is liable for the mess we're in - Davis is an easy target, that's aaa I'm saying.
BTW, I need new speakers for my BMW convertible. The left rear is blown and with the top down, all I hear is distortion. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend a ton of $$$ on a new system, just want the Harmon Kardon to sound better. Thanks

ROZ
07-30-2003, 03:59 PM
summerlove:
Davis is an easy target, that's aaa I'm saying. We agree that government's spending spree needs to change. Being the highest ranking California Government official, the Govorner has the final yay or nay on fiscal decisions and should be made accountable. I hope this sends a message to all elected officials that most Californian's are tired of frivilous spending and it needs to stop.
Personally, I now have 2 relatives who's employeers are moving their business to neighboring states. 98% of their employees are going with them to states that are business friendly. Not to mention cheaper to live....Speaking of, have you noticed the new homes on the west side of Ranch Santa fe Rd just north of Melrose (use to be Alga)? only 3 of the 22 homes have been sold. The agent told us that we were the 1st couple to walk through in 2.5 weeks.....I think times will be a changin...Glad I bought my home years ago!
wink
summerlove:
BTW, I need new speakers for my BMW convertible. The left rear is blown and with the top down, all I hear is distortion. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend a ton of $$$ on a new system, just want the Harmon Kardon to sound better. Thanks I think that takes either a european 4" speaker or a 5 inch component. Are they in a rear deck or side panel?

Dave C
07-30-2003, 05:52 PM
can't blame the governor... come on.
If my company goes to sh*t, whose fault is it? Mine....

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 06:02 PM
The fricken car tax irks me big time, I've got cars that I sell where the registration will be over $2K annually. Thats a big focking hit just to drive a car in Ca., before you buy the gas.
I hate politics! They're all just a bunch of crooks with a few ok ones sprinkled in that get ridiculed.

bigq
07-30-2003, 06:14 PM
summerlove:
Oh Yea, where are the WMD's also? Just like his old man, Jr. pulled out before getting the job done. Talk about recall??? If that was Clinton he'd have been crucified by now by the right wing conspiracy... that is just not true, they had and have plenty of money coming in to run the state, he just spent our way into debt, look at the numbers. :p
BTW WMD's are coming, if that matters to you.

summerlove
07-30-2003, 07:24 PM
Roz, they're in the side panel. Don't mean to change the thread topic however. PM me for more info.
Davis isn't the greatest, but he was just reelected 8 months ago. you had your chance. While I STILL think he's not the greatest, the problems are not all his. The fact that their was a surplus is correct, and due in part to the reduction of the VLF by Wilson, the reduction was never made up, it was Wilson who said the good times will make the reduction to cover the $4-5 Billion loss the VLF raised in state revenues which was earmarked for the cities. The state essentially robbed the cities, but continued to "backfill" the cities $4-5 billion without any revenue offset. I know what I am talking about. Wilson started this screw up, unfortunately for GD, he did nothing to stop it until it was too late. While I will not vote for the recall, I do think that GD is done politically, and I'm ok with that.

HCS
07-30-2003, 11:06 PM
If my department goes to shit...my boss goes down!!!!!
Gray Davis is the CEO of this state. If he can't
stand up and make the right decisions he should
be recalled, and put on trial for corruption and
deception.
You guys here the latest figures NOW!!!
Next year it could be 60 billion in debt!!!!!!
YOU EVER HERE OF ENRON!!!
This guys a ****ing idiot and doesn't have a clue. :mad:
Gray Davis is in charge, he's the one responsible
for his parties actions.
Do you run your business the way he does, do you?
I don't think so!
Your on ****ing welfare if you do!!
Or you voted for the ass, and you work for the
state, and your worried about losing your job! :p
Quit defending the dick head!!!!!!!!!! burningm

ROZ
07-30-2003, 11:12 PM
summerlove:
continued to "backfill" the cities $4-5 billion without any revenue offset.I've heard that before. My pops was a local politician(serious number crunching ex IRS fraud examimer who actually cares about San Marcos) who would complain about the state wasting away its increase of income. The offset was there, but mismanaged.
I'll PM ya on the other stuff :)

07-30-2003, 11:27 PM
summerlove:
Roz, they're in the side panel. Don't mean to change the thread topic however. PM me for more info.
Davis isn't the greatest, but he was just reelected 8 months ago. you had your chance. While I STILL think he's not the greatest, the problems are not all his. The fact that their was a surplus is correct, and due in part to the reduction of the VLF by Wilson, the reduction was never made up, it was Wilson who said the good times will make the reduction to cover the $4-5 Billion loss the VLF raised in state revenues which was earmarked for the cities. The state essentially robbed the cities, but continued to "backfill" the cities $4-5 billion without any revenue offset. I know what I am talking about. Wilson started this screw up, unfortunately for GD, he did nothing to stop it until it was too late. While I will not vote for the recall, I do think that GD is done politically, and I'm ok with that. Lemmme get this straight.....we have a 39 Billion dollar deficit because of the VLF was rolled back to what it was suppose to be? And Wilson was responsible for that? WOW...I want some of the drugs you are taking if you really believe that. You need to read up on why the 12 Billion dollar SURPLUS was blown and wasted and it wasn't due to the VLF or any other fee that was or wasn't charged to the citizens of California. Davis and his rookie amature team of energy deal makers spent the $$$$ on gas and electricity at inflated spot market prices to keep the "FRIGGEN LIGHTS ON"....learn what really happen before you spout off here on what Wilson did....If you really want to get into detail and history go back to the Gov. "Moonbeam" Brown's administration for clues.

beach gomer
07-31-2003, 06:01 AM
boy both Democrats and republicans say they haven't raised taxes but whats up with the car tax.Shouldn't that be enought to pull the state out of it's 38 billion doller deficit buy it's self.I know my car taxes are going from 400 to about 1200 for my suburban.also my wife just told me yesterday that the O.C.Dept of ed has lost all state funding for technology 100%.This is used to keep teachers up to date on all new programs that have to do with learning,also the O.C. dept of ed has cut almost 30% of it's total budget.

summerlove
07-31-2003, 07:52 AM
058:
summerlove:
Davis isn't the greatest, but he was just reelected 8 months ago. you had your chance. While I STILL think he's not the greatest, the problems are not all his. The fact that their was a surplus is correct, and due in part to the reduction of the VLF by Wilson, the reduction was never made up, it was Wilson who said the good times will make the reduction to cover the $4-5 Billion loss the VLF raised in state revenues which was earmarked for the cities. The state essentially robbed the cities, but continued to "backfill" the cities $4-5 billion without any revenue offset. I know what I am talking about. Wilson started this screw up, unfortunately for GD, he did nothing to stop it until it was too late. While I will not vote for the recall, I do think that GD is done politically, and I'm ok with that. Lemmme get this straight.....we have a 39 Billion dollar deficit because of the VLF was rolled back to what it was suppose to be? And Wilson was responsible for that? WOW...I want some of the drugs you are taking if you really believe that. You need to read up on why the 12 Billion dollar SURPLUS was blown and wasted and it wasn't due to the VLF or any other fee that was or wasn't charged to the citizens of California. Davis and his rookie amature team of energy deal makers spent the $$$$ on gas and electricity at inflated spot market prices to keep the "FRIGGEN LIGHTS ON"....learn what really happen before you spout off here on what Wilson did....If you really want to get into detail and history go back to the Gov. "Moonbeam" Brown's administration for clues. 058:
Let me say this again, I said he didn't recognize the problem earlier - he absolutley should have. Does that mean he should be removed from office - I don't know - that's up to the voters to decide. I just get pissed off at an A-hole like Issa who drops millions of his own money into a campaign so HE can run for governor - every time someone signs one of his petitions the solicitor gets a buck for each signature - they're signature whores.
On another note, regarding the electricity issue, yea, GD made every attempt to "keep the lights on" as you say, but we have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. What would you have done? No one at the time knew El Paso and Enron were screwing the state at the time in one of the greatest corporate conspiracy's of all time, all at the expense of California residents. Did you know who signed the legislation to deregulate electricity? Yep - Good Ole Pete Wilson. That said, it was passed by both houses of the legislature - 40-0 in the CA Senate and 79-1 in the CA Assembly. There is certainly culpability to go around. Both parties are guilty. I attribute this to Term Limits. Term Limits have resulted in temportary legislators who want to make a name for themselves in a short time so that they can move on to the next office. That brings the climate of get what I can now and don't worry about the future. We have term limits - as an intelligent electorate we should make that decision every two years. If someone is doing a really bad job, vote 'em out. Conversely, if someone is doing a fantastic job, why force them to move on. It doesn't make sense to me.
GD has certainly made some huge mistakes, and I'm not defending his misactions, I just don't think that he created the mess he's in all by himself. Unfortunately, he didn't recognize the problems earlier and that has led to the current state of affairs regarding the recall issue. Issa is a little self serving on this one guys. If it were really "Grass Roots" I might be a little more sympathetic to the recall efforts, but with Issa (and I know all about him) it's very personal. He's figured out a way to run for Governor without giving up his seat in Congress. If he ran during a traditional election cycle, he'd have to give hup his Congressional seat. This way he's guaranteed a job - he he wins the governor's race, he resign the seat in the HR. If he loses the gov job, he keeps his seat. Too self-serving for me. My .02 NOW DON"T YELL AT ME ANYMORE!!! :D

07-31-2003, 08:22 AM
OK, I won't yell at ya anymore and I'll say this again. [quietly] The screwing Enron did to the state of Calif. was payback for Davis screwing them. If you go back to when this began Davis thought he could do better buying gas off the spot market and terminated [some question the legality of this] the long term gas contracts that Calif. held with Enron. Since Calif. was over 90% of Enron's business that almost bankrupt Enron. They had such a hard time the CEO of Enron went without a paycheck for over 18 months until they work their way out of the mess Calif. created for them. Another problem Davis made is the people he appointed to make the deals for gas and electricity were rank amatures and didn't know what they were doing up against seasoned professonals and they got fleeced. So now we are stuck with energy contracts that are the highest in history and the guys that made the deals are laughing their asses off at the stipidity of the Calif. govt. There is alot more to this but I just gave the Reader's Digest version on what really happened. If you are so inclined you can read the entire text of this in the S.F. Chroinicle, search arcives, this story ran in a Sunday edition about 2 years ago. It was a 3 page article so it shouldn't be hard to find.

eliminatedsprinter
07-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Summerlove :D (cool name by the way :cool: )
We never have had "deregulation" of energy, what we did was stupid regulatin. We did it bass ackwards from how other states successfully deregulated.
The energy debacle is not at all why I strongly favor booting him out. One reason I want him out is because he has handed over control of our state to the far left wing kooks in the legislature (ie Jackie Goldberg etc) after his whole campaigns were based on his promise to "lead from the center".
As far as this not being "Grass Roots" I don't buy that claim for a second. This is the most successfull petition drive in Ca's history. Yes, Isa did help a lot, esp with money. Yes, he did do it for his own reasons. So what? This recall movement has had support at many levels, esp the "grass roots". Just look at how popular it is on these boards and how many posts individual forum members have entered urging support for the recall. This recall movement is just about as "grass roots" as any movement could possibly be in todays political climate. To deny the grass roots element of this recall is even more absurd than it would be to deny the help Isa's money has been. Without Gov Davis's dishonesty and failed leadership and the publics widespread anger at him for it, Isa's money would have just been pissed down a rat hole, as surely as if he had bought a boat wink .
[ July 31, 2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

ROZ
07-31-2003, 10:09 AM
summerlove:
I just get pissed off at an A-hole like Issa who drops millions of his own money into a campaign so HE can run for governor - every time someone signs one of his petitions the solicitor gets a buck for each signature - they're signature whores.Even though it was selfserving, someone had to step up to the plate to iniciate some action...
Also, the anti-recall petitioners were getting $5 per signature..My uncle confirmed this with a petitioner at his local grocery store in Chino...
summerlove:
but with Issa (and I know all about him) it's very personal. He's figured out a way to run for Governor without giving up his seat in Congress. If he ran during a traditional election cycle, he'd have to give hup his Congressional seat. This way he's guaranteed a job - he he wins the governor's race, he resign the seat in the HR. If he loses the gov job, he keeps his seat. Too self-serving for me. My .02 NOW DON"T YELL AT ME ANYMORE!!! :D I totally agree that Issa is a complete asshole. Met him a couple times years ago at DEI. My pops tried to speak to him on several occasions while in DC. His receptionist kept saying that he wasn't in and was too busy to speak to someone who went traveled 2k miles...He could hear Issa in the background.....
About his seat and running....That sounds pretty logical to me. I don't know about you, but I'd make sure I'd have another job before I left my current position.
California needs a fiscally responsible moderate at the helm.
Richard Riorden(sp) gets my vote..

eliminatedsprinter
08-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Talk about desperate for any support. Davis has just primised to sign legislation that is being fast tracked through the legislature granting drivers licenses to ilegals, no questions asked. Apparently he feels a shift even further left will at least give him some base of support.

572Daytona
08-01-2003, 09:42 AM
The owner of this BBS has just thrown his hat into the ring - on the ticket of more casinos and smut as the answer to CA budget woes. Sounds like a winning platform to me :)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030801/ap_on_el_gu/davis_recall_flynt

hbhallett
08-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Davis is inept, not a leader, and a career politician and if he he really cared about California would call the legislature back in today to start working on next years budget right now. When was the last time you wer at work and were able to miss a deadline for a budget by thirty days and keep your job?
They, the governor and legislature have failed us and will continue to fail unless we wake up and demand accountability. 5 bucks say they miss next years budget deadline as well! They all need pink slips-

burbanite
08-01-2003, 10:54 AM
When Larry Flynt takes over soon it'll all be put to right.......... :cool:

eliminatedsprinter
08-01-2003, 03:39 PM
Flynt gives big bucks to dems. He's just entering to try to make the recall movement look bad.

HCS
08-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Cracks me up...If Davis gets recalled, everyone and
their brother is going to be running for Governor.
It's up to like 130 people running.
Anyone on here going to run for Governor of California?
[ August 01, 2003, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: HARDCORE-SKI ]

Coach
08-01-2003, 09:17 PM
I am writing in River Dave. Anyone who has 10000 posts can philabust(sp?) like a mofo.

ROZ
08-01-2003, 11:56 PM
HARDCORE-SKI:
Cracks me up...If Davis gets recalled, everyone and
their brother is going to be running for Governor.
It's up to like 130 people running.
What you have is people making a mockary of the system. All you need is to fill out the application, have 65 signatures nominating you, and 3500.00 . Everyone is getting on the ticket to be a part of history. The second governor is 100 years to be recalled. I'm sure future political science books will have the ballot imbeded in it's pages....
ROZ @ 75: I ran for govorner once.
ROZ's Neighbor in the old folks home: Really..You're full of shit you cenile old bastard!
ROZ @ 75: Yep, my name is right here on the ballot to prove it!
ROZ's neighbor in the old folk's home: Go to hell..Everyone's name is on that worthless piece of paper..Mine's on there too!
ROZ @ 75: What? HEy are you going to eat them mashed potatos. The only thing I haven't lost is my appetite.
:D
HARDCORE-SKI:
Anyone on here going to run for Governor of California? With that being said, if everyone who participates on these forums and lives in California will donate 7.00 and sign my petition to get on the ballot, I'll do it. :p :D

GOT WATER ??
08-02-2003, 09:16 AM
ROZ, I will send $7.00 if when you are the Gov. you file for bankruptcie for California. Somthing dipshit Davis should have done.