PDA

View Full Version : How this for gratitude???

Taylor LP
10-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Activist Killed in Grizzly Attack (http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_21_2333742,00.html)
This guy founded the "Grizzly People", an organization devoted to protecting the dwindling grizzly population.
Two years ago, on the Late Show with David Letterman, he described the bears as harmless "party animals".
Treadwell left Australia at least 15 years ago and moved to Los Angeles, where he developed an alcohol and drug addiction. He said he devoted his life to the wild bears after seeking an escape from the drugs that almost claimed his life.
He should have stuck with the drugs and alcohol!
[ October 09, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Taylor LP ]

spectratoad
10-09-2003, 03:13 PM
I think this is the story I heard on the radio today. It said that their camcorder was found on the ground still on. It didn't get any pictures but all of the sounds were recorded.

Taylor LP
10-09-2003, 03:21 PM
This guy is (was) a DUMBASS. Click on the link and read some of the shit he said in the linked story.
It's hilarious.
[ October 09, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Taylor LP ]

eliminatedsprinter
10-09-2003, 03:31 PM
spectratoad:
I think this is the story I heard on the radio today. It said that their camcorder was found on the ground still on. It didn't get any pictures but all of the sounds were recorded. I heard the same radio news story. That tape must sound horrifying. Bears typically take a very long time to kill larger prey. They generally eat them alive and often keep them alive when they cover them up to save for later. UUUGGGHHH it feels awful just to think about it.

MagicMtnDan
10-09-2003, 10:25 PM
This guy certainly qualifies for the 2003 Darwin Awards. Bear-meat just about describes this guy.
The person to feel sorry for is his girlfriend. She lost her life because she chose to be with bear-meat. That really is a shame.

Infomaniac
10-10-2003, 06:03 AM
She died too? All she had to do was be able to out run him.
He devoted his life to bear conservation? That is pretty extreme to go as far as using yourself as food to keep them going.
[ October 10, 2003, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Taylor LP
10-10-2003, 07:47 AM
"Treadwell didn't carry a weapon with him and said if the day came when a bear killed and ate him, that was nature's way."
I wonder if the tape will reveal that his attitude changed in his final moments on earth?

eliminatedsprinter
10-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Taylor LP:
"Treadwell didn't carry a weapon with him and said if the day came when a bear killed and ate him, that was nature's way."
I wonder if the tape will reveal that his attitude changed in his final moments on earth? It most likely was much longer than moments, bears often take hours or sometimes even days to finish off their prey, once they incapacitate it. It is a sure thing those two people died horrible deaths. That tape is surely awful. I bet whoever heard it for the first time wishes they hadn't.
P.S. It is an absolute sure bet he wished he had a weapon, if not for the bears, then for himself.
[ October 10, 2003, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

JetBoatRich
10-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Steve, they probaby wished it was over a lot sooner. I have been reading about this all week and it sounds like a bad attack. The people who heard the tapes feel terrible, the guy that found the remains has known them for years. :mad: :mad:

BobS
10-10-2003, 09:41 AM
MagicMtnDan:
This guy certainly qualifies for the 2003 Darwin Awards. Bear-meat just about describes this guy.
Bear crap is probably more accurate.