PDA

View Full Version : hello, FASTERDAMITT

502procharger
04-10-2003, 07:19 PM
did you ever get the 2.55 pilley? if so how much boost did you get and what kind of speed did you see?

FASTERDAMITT
04-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Done! I put on the pulley, new electric fuel pressure gage,32p Bravo1 last friday. Launched Sat. morning with 3 adults and 2 kids in back. After a quik blast past 5100rpm 3/4 throttle and not trimmed right yet,I backed it down. I don't think the 32p is enough. As for speed I was'nt looking at the speedo, too busy watching boost (6.5+) and fuel pressure 14lbs. at speed, all good so far. After comming back to an idle I noticed a miss. Was worried all day but come to find out the carburator power valve was not right. Since I raised the boost the pv is dumping fuel into the engine at idle. Getting the carb back on now and will have to test again asap.
Thanks for the interest.

Craig
04-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Come on man, get that thing dialed in before you give me a ride this summer :D Well, I'm finally going to drop the drive off next Friday as well as the hatch so that can be reconfigured to fit the scoop better now that its raised because of the bigger blower and cooler. Then I can get out there and finally test that 31 Hydromotive. Now that's it's warming up I don't know if I'll see 120, but as long as I break 115, I'll be happy :)
Craig
[ April 11, 2003, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Craig ]

FASTERDAMITT
04-11-2003, 06:35 AM
Craig, I don't want to bore you in my slow boat! :o 115,120 whateeever! What drive are you running now?

DogHouse
04-11-2003, 08:03 AM
Craig did you get another new blower? I thought you upgraded all that stuff last year. Or maybe you weren't running the scoop last year because it didn't fit? My memory ain't what it used to be... :D
Is Larry doing your drive, or someone here in Phx? You know he still has that IMCO SC sitting there by the door at his shop... Unless maybe Rick decided to take it with him!

Craig
04-11-2003, 08:30 AM
Fasterdammit, the only draw back is your boat is able to run 100+ a whole lot more often then mine :( While the light weight and short waterline (20') make for a good top speed in PERFECT conditions, I'd much rather have a boat that runs 100 and can handle the weekend chop like you, Brian, Donnie, on and on! Maybe someday wink
Brian, Larry Peto made me a good deal on fixing my drive. For now I'm going to go with XZ gears. Donnie's been running them over a year with no problem. I'd still like to pick up an XR after our fall outage. 3 months of 60 hour weeks :D Can you say overtime!
I'm still running the 420 blower. Only problem was I had to raise the scoop up about 4 inches when I put it back on. This left a hole in the back of the hatch due to the angle of the hatch and a small one at the front corner where some dum bass got a little over zealous with the saw making clearance for the bigger pulley of the 420 vs. the 250 (me). I just want it to all fit snug again.

FASTERDAMITT
04-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Ok Craig,
On windy days just hang in one of our bigger boats. When the wind dies go kick some azz!! Nothing wrong with that. :D