PDA

View Full Version : Another Gray Day in California (somebody please throw us a life preserver)

MagicMtnDan
07-02-2003, 05:45 AM
Gray's total mismanagement costs state millions of dollars
Gray is busy today with a media campaign in a feeble attempt to show leadership on the budget. The guv should concern himself less with photo ops and more with cleaning up the incompetence and waste that runs rampant in his administration.
Last week California was fined $62.5 million by the federal government for mismanaging the state's food stamp program.
"California's error rate in dispensing food stamps in 2002 was nearly double the national average....The state issued more than $172 million in coupons to recipients who were not entitled to them and underpaid others who were entitled by about $79.5 million....
"The state, which provides more than 1.7 million people with food stamps, has struggled for years to improve its track record. Last year, the federal government imposed a $114-million penalty on California, the biggest in the history of the program." (Los Angeles Times, June 28, 2003, Emphasis added)
But wait, there's more. Last year the San Francisco Chronicle reported California was being fined $100 million a year by the federal government for failing to adequately collect child support.
"During its first full year in operation, the new state department charged with collecting support for California children helped deliver $1.1 billion in monthly checks - 40 percent of what was owed, according to federal figures."
"Collections should...increase when the department creates a database to track deadbeat parents throughout the state, as required by federal law.
"The state does not expect to have one before 2005. Each year it doesn't have one it is fined $100 million by the federal government." (San Francisco Chronicle, January 5, 2002)
Gray's total incompetence in managing California has put the state - and children - at risk. Step back from the camera, Gray, and fix the mess you've created.
----------------
Don't forget to sign the petition! Recall Gray Davis (http://www.recallgraydavis.com)

Blown 472
07-02-2003, 06:10 AM
grab your ankles

Foolish
07-02-2003, 08:00 AM
Did you also know that ALL vehicle registration fees will be TRIPLED after Oct 1, 2003. That means the registration for my truck will be $1500 and for my vette it will cost $1700!!!!
I am leaving CA as soon as I can find a job elsewhere. I cannot continue to shell out money at the expense of two ugly lesbians in the senate and a fukking idiot in the governors seat.
I will most likely be moving to Mesa, AZ coming in fall.

Blown 472
07-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Foolish:
Did you also know that ALL vehicle registration fees will be TRIPLED after Oct 1, 2003. That means the registration for my truck will be $1500 and for my vette it will cost $1700!!!!
I am leaving CA as soon as I can find a job elsewhere. I cannot continue to shell out money at the expense of two ugly lesbians in the senate and a fukking idiot in the governors seat.
I will most likely be moving to Mesa, AZ coming in fall. Ouch, and we bitch cuz it is going up to 55.00 :rolleyes:

Mandelon
07-02-2003, 08:32 AM
Try to run a small business.... :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
07-02-2003, 09:18 AM
It's going to get worse.
I used to think following politics was interesting. Now it is painful. The voters out here in Ca are just flat out dumb. They can't see the super obvious pattern that has emerged in this state under Democratic party control.
When Jackie Goldberg ran unopposed for state assembly (in west Hollywood) it was bad news. However, most took heart in the fact that she is so obviously nutty and irrational, that nobody in their right mind would let her have much real influence. WRONG. She is now one of our states most powerful legislaters and most prolific writers of new legislation. eek!
We are in big trouble out here folks :( Our state is being run by the same type of nuts you see throwing rocks in the streets outside of trade conventions and racketeers. Business owners and jobs are fleeing our state at a record pace.
[ July 02, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

mbrown2
07-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Mandelon:
Try to run a small business.... :rolleyes: Their not helping big businesses either.
[ July 02, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

Ziggy
07-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Mandelon:
Try to run a small business.... :rolleyes: Yeah,..and my biz involves the new car registration fees, hellatious Insurance, workers comp and on, and on, and on. At least interest rates for cars are down but that isn't isolated to Ca.

lawbreaker2
07-02-2003, 10:30 AM
jawdrop Is that $1700 a year on your vette for fees or what.

UtlGoa
07-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Gray Davis is a load that should have been swallowed!!!!!!! F@#$%^& Moron!!!!!! burningm

Foolish
07-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Yes my vette is brand new (Z06) and is estimated that it would have costed $600 to register but they hiked the registration...so I get to pay around $1700-1800. But I am not going too! 7000 people move to AZ from CA each month! Make that 7001. :D

sandblasted
07-02-2003, 04:35 PM
There's more to Califonia's problems than just our ******** governor. I'm all for recalling his ass but unfortunetly for us, he is just the tip of iceberg...Our entire state government is controlled by liberal democrats and most of them ain't going anywhere...We'll be paying for their mistakes for years to come.. :mad: