PDA

View Full Version : How bout them fords??

Blown 472
03-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Ten second lead on them chebies.

Jrocket
03-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Ahhh Fords,luv'um!!! :D

DogHouse
03-03-2003, 08:35 AM
So you're saying that giving the Ford a 10 sec lead is about what it takes to even up the odds at the end of the 1/4?
:D

Jordy
03-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Don't make me break out the "Fords Suck" picture again.
The sun even shines on a dog's ass every now and again. :D

Blown 472
03-03-2003, 08:40 AM
DogHouse:
So you're saying that giving the Ford a 10 sec lead is about what it takes to even up the odds at the end of the 1/4?
:D Nascar silly boy.

DogHouse
03-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Well that'll teach me to ignore the tube all weekend!

Blown 472
03-03-2003, 08:50 AM
DogHouse:
Well that'll teach me to ignore the tube all weekend!
:D Yeah, it was probably warm and you were outside doing stuff, unlike here, high of 11. frown

twistedpair
03-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Yeah, 4 Fords in the top 20, impressive. :rolleyes:

Jordy
03-03-2003, 08:52 AM
It was pretty chilly here all weekend. Rained Saturday for the 5th day in a row. Sunday was nice but I don't think it got close to 70. :D

DogHouse
03-03-2003, 09:00 AM
jordanpaulk:
It was pretty chilly here all weekend. Rained Saturday for the 5th day in a row. Sunday was nice but I don't think it got close to 70. :D Keep that rain coming! Sunday was good jeans/sweatshirt weather. I heard that El Nino is supposed to stick around through March, maybe into April. It'd be good to get some water back in the lakes so we can go huntin' for Fords this summer!

h2oski2fast
03-03-2003, 09:13 AM
1 ford in the top 5? doesn't do much for the manufacturer's cup.

Hallett19
03-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Yesterday, it proved true....
F.O.R.D
i n a a
r c y
s e
t
And I don't want to hear any more of your guys' stupid acronyms for Ford !!!

twistedpair
03-03-2003, 11:06 AM
First Once Ray Da? wink :D

Liberator TJ1984
03-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Flogged Or Raped Daily :p

Holland
03-03-2003, 11:51 AM
F O R D
F&*ked Over Rebuilt Dodge

carreraelite
03-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Flip Over Read Directions
For Only Running Downhill
F&^ked Over Rebuilt Dodge
Backwards
Driver Returns On Foot
Drivers' Retarded Old Farrmer

Liberator TJ1984
03-03-2003, 12:55 PM
carreraelite:
Flip Over Read Directions
For Only Running Downhill
F&^ked Over Rebuilt Dodge
Backwards
Driver Returns On Foot
Drivers' Retarded Old Farrmer Driver Runs Over Fags
Dripping Rattling Overheating Farmtruck

Blown 472
03-03-2003, 12:57 PM
And where did chebie finish?

miller19j
03-03-2003, 01:04 PM
Found On Reservation Dump
Fu#*ing Oakies Really Digum
Fix Or Repair Daily
Flipped Over Reservation Decoration
I had to Play :D

Hallett19
03-03-2003, 01:14 PM
For some reason this doesnt work by clicking it, so copy and paste it in your address box ..... someone help !!
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Guild/3366/haha.wav
[ March 03, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

LUVNLIFE
03-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Silly men Fords are for kids.

03-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Go ahead and have your fun, Chebby freaks but when Gordon or Jr. or any other GM and Dodge wins so does Ford because there is more "Ford" in those cars than GM or MOPAR...want proof? rear ends....9" Ford [from 1957], transmissons? Jerico or Liberty...both spin-offs of the Ford Toploader 4 speed [from 1964] and the front suspension is a Ford design that goes all the way back to the 1965 Galaxie. The only thing that is GM or Dodge is the engine and the sheetmetal. Even after GM does all their whining about the "other" guys having an unfair "areo" advantage and NASCAR makes Ford add more spoiler to the front and the rear of their 8 year old design they can still beat the General's latest and finest...And so tell me how GM swept the 2nd thru the 5th spots, it makes no difference who comes in second, first place is what counts in racing but thats typical GM, they'll try to convince you that 2nd thru 5th is great. Even GM's engines are starting to look more like Fords with the symetrical port heads. Could it be that GM is starting to see the light? :D

Irishluck
03-04-2003, 12:15 AM
Then why do GM motors dominate all aspect of motor racing. When was the last time Ford actually came out with a good motor. Quit denying the obvious,Chevy's are far better than any other American made brand.

HighRoller
03-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Oh,I've been waiting for this!!First off,the new"common"template in NASCAR has eliminated anything like a Ford or Chevy.Out of 33 templates used to measure winston cup cars only 3 differ between ford and chevy.Next,the SB2 cylinder head used on all modern chevy cup engines is a combination of a copy between bolt pattern from a BB chevy and port design from the yates windsor ford heads.In other words,the port configurations for cup engines for ford and chevy are identical.Someone mentioned the only thing that was stock was sheetmetal.The only stock sheetmetal on a cup car is the roof and rear quarter panels.Even then they are modified with roof flaps,aero dams and spoilers so they are not stock.In short anyone who thinks that a FORD won the race is deluding themselves.Cup cars are about as much Ford as John force's funny car!!And just to add fuel to the fire,I heard from a reliable source that the 377 inch restrictor plate motor is the hottest thing now.Funny how the Robert Yates and Joe Gibbs cars have 30HP more than all the other cars but the DEI cars dominate....That's why I don't watch FAKECAR

Blown 472
03-04-2003, 05:19 AM
Irishluck:
Then why do GM motors dominate all aspect of motor racing. When was the last time Ford actually came out with a good motor. Quit denying the obvious,Chevy's are far better than any other American made brand. Dominate?? chevy?? been to the drags in this century???

Jordy
03-04-2003, 06:04 AM
058:
Even after GM does all their whining about the "other" guys having an unfair "areo" advantage and NASCAR makes Ford add more spoiler to the front and the rear of their 8 year old design they can still beat the General's latest and finest...You know, it's funny you mention this. I don't watch Nascar as I find it incredibly boring. I'll watch the last couple laps and then the highlights if it is the last race of the year or something big like that. But I digress. I caught an interview with the Ford driver (some kid) who won last weekend and he was whining about GM having some aerodynamic advantage over the Ford and that's why there was nothing but Bowtie in his rearview mirror. He wants all the Chevys checked out because they must be cheating. His words, not mine. This from the guy who won? Who's whining now? :D

MikeF
03-04-2003, 06:19 AM
Ford has yet to produce a "TWO door" Taurus sleeping . That's just not right. I guess racing a SEDAN is not cool over here. Ever watch the Austrailian V8 Supercars wink ?

03-04-2003, 09:32 AM
Irishluck:
Then why do GM motors dominate all aspect of motor racing. When was the last time Ford actually came out with a good motor. Quit denying the obvious,Chevy's are far better than any other American made brand. What aspects of domination are you blathering about? And In your not so humble opinion what makes Chevys "far better than any other American made brand"? Because they are cheap to build? [most common in-favor Chevy arguement]Do they make more power? More power than what? Do they last longer than others? Thats highly questionable. If you want to compair "good" motors I think Chevy has more loosers than Ford or anybody else for that matter. Remember the Vega engine? That was a real winner. If it reached 30k miles it went into a museum. The Corvair? If it didn't leak oil its because it didn't have oil in it. How about some of the SBC engines of the 70s and 80s, the 262? it was so bad it couldn't be sold in Calif. because it couldn't pass smog, the 305 and 307, they were killer too huh? Thats just Chevy. I could go on and on about some of the other GM monuments of automotive enginerring, Cad 4L and the 4.1? Class action lawsuits for years over that one. The 8-6-4 Cad? Oldsmobile diesel V8s? The Olds diesel V6? its starter motor had more power. I can go on but I'll spare you the pain. Far better than any other? Indeed!!! :p :p pig_flyi

03-04-2003, 09:37 AM
MikeF:
Ford has yet to produce a "TWO door" Taurus sleeping . That's just not right. I guess racing a SEDAN is not cool over here. Ever watch the Austrailian V8 Supercars wink ? I guess when GM raced the Lumina[sp]that didn't count. Wasn't that a 2 door with 2 fire escapes? You GM guys have a very short memory.
wink

Jordy
03-04-2003, 09:45 AM
058:
Far better than any other? Indeed!!! :p :p pig_flyi Two words for you:
Ford Pinto. :D
This whole thread has gotten stupid and it plays out the exact same way as the dozen or more threads just like it. Who ****in' cares? As long as you're happy with it and it gets you where you want to go, be it on land or in the water. Every manufacturer has produced a piece of shit car. Perhaps it seemed like a good idea at the time, maybe the engineer was on crack. Who knows, it still happens today as I just passed the ugliest little Honda looking thing I've ever seen. Even uglier than the aztec or whatever that god awful thing pontiac was throwing out there for a while. Even the good models have their lemons. Law of averages says it's going to happen. Enough already. :D